Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Long slow quotes from batman dad about fear

Alfred taking a really long time to bring Master Bruce his morning coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The next Mission Impossible is allowed to be almost three hours long it's earned it. Comic books movies have proved they are not responsible enough.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

At least Batman & Robin is goofy fun and a bit of a throwback to the 60s show, Forever doesn't even have that.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

poisonpill posted:

Here’s the thing: for all the jokes, I’m thinking Patman is gonna be really good

To watch at home

Also just caught up on the 2021 wrap up. Can we just take a moment of tribute for the guy who became a full time movie critic and has seen maybe almost a dozen movies in the last year? And his favorite thing was an English ghost show nobody has ever heard of? King

I watched the first episode of Ghost Sitcom on Mike's recommendation. It was ok. Might watch some more.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Shin Gojira is probably the best of the series, imo. sneaky bastard came out suddenly after the Monsterverse debut in the U.S.

my favorite thing about American Godzilla 2014 was #discourse (probably an op by the studio and repeated by fans) that it was an artistic movie doing things differently from the average blockbuster - when in fact it was a movie with a golden retriever outrunning a tidal wave, etc.
American Godzilla 2014 to the follow ups is what Ang Lee's Hulk is to the Marvel movies. It's far more of a big blockbuster than A24 film but it makes more interesting choices than the formulaic films that followed and is gorgeous to look at

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Godzilla 1998 > Godzilla 2014 and that's all there is to it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The United States posted:

American Godzilla 2014 to the follow ups is what Ang Lee's Hulk is to the Marvel movies. It's far more of a big blockbuster than A24 film but it makes more interesting choices than the formulaic films that followed and is gorgeous to look at

Gareth Edwards is one of the best directors for giving shots a sense of scale. It's too bad that he so often can't really nail down plots, because he has a knack for letting you really feel exactly how huge things like Godzilla or Imperial Star Destroyers would actually be in real life.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Garish Edwards

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I didn't care very much for THE EMPTY MAN either. The first 20 minutes are fantastic. And James Badge Dale is a sorely underused actor, but the longer it went on the more it started to feel like one of those later HELLRAISER sequels, complete with the overly flashy editing towards the end to try and make the resolution a bit more than the predictable end that it is.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1484548234882301954?t=e0kVPfTREnI6VGYmsJGleg&s=19

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

man today's not a good day to be a round-headed white dude

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Aw man, I didn't see that one coming. I'm glad he got to see a little bit of a late stage career revival after baskets. It's pretty incredible work when stunt casting turns out to be the highlight of the series.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Meat Loaf and Louie Anderson taking monster dumps at side-by-side toilets in heaven.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Meat Loaf and Louie Anderson taking monster dumps at side-by-side toilets in heaven.

Real king shits on the Seat in Heaven

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cowcaster posted:

haha yeah

hey wait a minute

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I'm actually not really familiar with him apart from the name, but as a kid we had Fox Kids on our TV subscription (in Norway) and I remember liking the animated show he did, which is why I recognized him later on when I saw his name pop up from time to time.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

Get Rich in the bacta tank immediately.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Randarkman posted:

I'm actually not really familiar with him apart from the name, but as a kid we had Fox Kids on our TV subscription (in Norway) and I remember liking the animated show he did, which is why I recognized him later on when I saw his name pop up from time to time.

He hosted Family Feud for a minute too

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

He hosted Family Feud for a minute too

Yeah, I know, but I never watched it, you know what with being Norwegian and all.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Randarkman posted:

Yeah, I know, but I never watched it, you know what with being Norwegian and all.

Is there a Norwegian version of Family Feud? Familie Krangel

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Is there a Norwegian version of Family Feud? Familie Krangel

Not that I remember from the 90s and early 2000s at least when I would watch game shows and such on TV with my Norwegian TV, don't really care much for regular TV anymore though, so I wouldn't really know if there's anything now. I think we copied British game shows and whatever made it to Sweden and Denmark more commonly than American ones in any case.

e: Also, Norwegian likes compound words, much like German, so that should just be one word "Familekrangel", though I think "Familiefeide" sounds better.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Who would’ve thought the man of 97% body fat wouldn’t make it to 70!?

Rip Louie, funny dude :(

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Today is a bad day for people who appeared on shows like ‘I Love the 80s’

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i will say, louie anderson was slightly younger than i realized

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Cowcaster posted:

Is Butterbean okay?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

X JAKK posted:

Is Butterbean okay?

Lmfao just watched this video the other day. loving scary dude, Johnny Knoxville is nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ_XMT0rZXQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Louie Anderson's work on Baskets was legitimately the greatest acting anyone has done in the past 10 years

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Butterbean was willing to take a fake loss and instead WWF insisted he fight legitimately, in the biz we call this "A shoot".

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

reignofevil posted:

Butterbean was willing to take a fake loss and instead WWF insisted he fight legitimately, in the biz we call this "A shoot".

well that was because they were punishing Bart Gunn for beating dr. Death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgTCkPTVOkg

E: you know just have the whole loving thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwarF3scjZs

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
you just worked yourself into a shoot brother

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

hello thread. my friend who's really into star wars has finally been broken down by the terribleness of the book of boba Fett and he's having a nerd identity crisis. I'd like to ask the fine posters of the rlm thread how I can support my friend during this difficult transition in his life. thanks in advance

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kalel posted:

hello thread. my friend who's really into star wars has finally been broken down by the terribleness of the book of boba Fett and he's having a nerd identity crisis. I'd like to ask the fine posters of the rlm thread how I can support my friend during this difficult transition in his life. thanks in advance

tell them to get a loving life lmao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

kalel posted:

tell him to go read all of the Culture books by Iain M Banks now

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

kalel posted:

buy a lightsaber toy and wave it in front of his face while making the sounds effects that's really all they need at that age and don't forget to change his diaper frequently to avoid diaper rash

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

kalel posted:

as someone that was finally broken of the star wars spell by mando s2, i would

Quantum of Phallus posted:

tell them to get a loving life lmao

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

kalel posted:

This article isn’t quite the exact situation but I feel like it should still mostly apply

https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Over-the-Death-of-a-Fictional-Character?amp=1

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

kalel posted:

you just lean into the misery. I don't know how this didn't happen to him years ago if he like star wars

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

kalel posted:

So I'm gonna treat this with a degree of seriousness because I have also watched star wars die in front of me. Now for me it was in the theater for attack of the clones but I understand some people are just too attached to let something obvious like that kill their hopes and dreams. Your friend needs to accept that the star wars he wants is not the star wars that the average star wars fan thinks they want. It's important to understand that most people don't know what the gently caress they want and they never will. He needs to find things that are good and speak to him and he needs to start liking those instead. Alternatively he needs to start writing stuff on his own and if possible he should become a severe alcoholic.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

This article isn’t quite the exact situation but I feel like it should still mostly apply

https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Over-the-Death-of-a-Fictional-Character?amp=1

oh god i want to do a f-plus style reading of this article so badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How did Rise of Skywalker not do it already?