Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So on their house on the moon they have 3 bedrooms, one for Logan, one for Scott and one for Jean in the middle with connecting doors to both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
They also only have one bathroom, and they all have to go at the same time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Internet Wizard posted:

Yeah I started the conversation over there because most of the books I read have Jean and Scott back together, but the books written by one author make no mention of Scott and has Jean and Wolverine hook up a few times. I asked about it because I was wondering if that is ever addressed or acknowledged and apparently the answer is nope

Yeah, the libertine tendencies of mutants on Krakoa is much more of an informed thing than anything really shown. Like we've never seen the three of them out as a... throuple?

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Skwirl posted:

So on their house on the moon they have 3 bedrooms, one for Logan, one for Scott and one for Jean in the middle with connecting doors to both.

Notably, this house was custom grown for them, and those three bedrooms are the only ones connected. While Jean and Scott have been especially domestic, helping raise Rachel and teen Cable while he was around, it does seem to be canon that they have either included Logan in a throuple, or that their relationship is an open one. That said, I don't think they have focused much on it due to corporate mandates not allowing them to explore poly-amorous relationships, or any relationships that would depict Wolverine and Cyclops as anything other than straight.

I do think Emma's involvement is a bit overstated, as she and Scott seem to have moved on from each other and are focusing on other parts of their lives, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they have the odd flirtation or fling.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

glitchwraith posted:

Notably, this house was custom grown for them, and those three bedrooms are the only ones connected. While Jean and Scott have been especially domestic, helping raise Rachel and teen Cable while he was around, it does seem to be canon that they have either included Logan in a throuple, or that their relationship is an open one. That said, I don't think they have focused much on it due to corporate mandates not allowing them to explore poly-amorous relationships, or any relationships that would depict Wolverine and Cyclops as anything other than straight.

I do think Emma's involvement is a bit overstated, as she and Scott seem to have moved on from each other and are focusing on other parts of their lives, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they have the odd flirtation or fling.

There's also an issue of X-Force or Wolverine or something where it's Scott talking to Logan and he's like "Hey, we're taking teen Cable to the beach this weekend and both Jean and I would love to have you there."

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Skwirl posted:

There's also an issue of X-Force or Wolverine or something where it's Scott talking to Logan and he's like "Hey, we're taking teen Cable to the beach this weekend and both Jean and I would love to have you there."

Oh yeah, I think someone posted that panel. Logan considers saying "Jeanie in a bikini." to which Cyclops replies "Scott in a speedo." And that seemed to only make it more appealing to Wolverine. Probably even more nods and teases like that that I've missed or forgotten.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Emma and Scott seem to have largely worked through their negative feelings from the last couple years, and are on friendly terms. The most affectionate I’ve seen in the books I’ve read is Emma calls Scott “love” now and then.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Skwirl posted:

We've seen the chart, it's just funny how much talk it's gotten just based on that detail. When Hickman hasn't said anything, it's like we need smoke signals for the personal lives. We've all had adjoining rooms at hotels and stuff, maybe they're just all pals. Maybe Jean and Wolverine have a backrub thing going, Scrabble night, who knows.

We need feats here, this is superhero comics, we gotta see the action.

What's hooking up in X-Force, we talking more than a kiss before the mission or whatever? Percy's books haven't seemed up my alley, I just figured if the actually had sex it would have made the rounds on the ol' net a bit more. Just asking for journalistic reasons here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It has been nearly 16 years and I am still annoyed that the Iron Spider suit only had three golden arms.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Heavy Metal posted:

We've seen the chart, it's just funny how much talk it's gotten just based on that detail. When Hickman hasn't said anything, it's like we need smoke signals for the personal lives. We've all had adjoining rooms at hotels and stuff, maybe they're just all pals. Maybe Jean and Wolverine have a backrub thing going, Scrabble night, who knows.

We need feats here, this is superhero comics, we gotta see the action.

What's hooking up in X-Force, we talking more than a kiss before the mission or whatever? Percy's books haven't seemed up my alley, I just figured if the actually had sex it would have made the rounds on the ol' net a bit more. Just asking for journalistic reasons here.

They gently caress in a hot tub.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rhyno posted:

It has been nearly 16 years and I am still annoyed that the Iron Spider suit only had three golden arms.

Yeah what the gently caress was the deal with that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

I dunno but at least they fixed it in Avengers Initiative.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rhyno posted:

I dunno but at least they fixed it in Avengers Initiative.

Oh yeah that reminds me, has Trauma shown up in any stuff since then? So much Marvel stuff these days is about trauma, you'd think Trauma should be showing up all over the place to help people through their poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm mostly surprised he's only worn 25 armors in Avengers comics
https://twitter.com/McKelvie/status/1484590865809084416?s=20

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

I'm surprised that I can actually pick out the one where I started reading (it's the one with the glowy-highlight thingies from the Busiek days).

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Cloks posted:

They gently caress in a hot tub.

Alrighty then, the facts are the facts. I wonder how much action the X Lives / Deaths of Wolverine is gonna have. Wolverine needs to have a Golgo 13 style sex scene where he looks really intense and serious, in my opinion.

Speaking of Spidey/MJ, I wonder if they'll get married again by the 40th anniversary of the wedding issue, a few years from now.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I suppose it makes a certain amount of sense. Tony and Rhodey were in the base red-and-gold suit for a solid 15-20 years, right up until the "Silver Centurion" in IM #200. Tony constantly upgrading the armor into new and exciting configurations is a relatively recent addition.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nilbop posted:

I'm surprised that I can actually pick out the one where I started reading (it's the one with the glowy-highlight thingies from the Busiek days).

As Iron Man costumes go that one lasted a while and was the one he relaunched with after Heroes Reborn so I'd say it's a fairly major one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

glitchwraith posted:

There was a book where Scott was with Emma on a yacht. But yeah, all their interactions also show it, with Emma pretty much always helping out Scott as much as she can from the council side, and even offering to leave it in X of Swords to help fight, which he turns down.

Also the look in House of/Powers of X after Jean gives Emma a beer, then Emma shoots Scott some major bedroom eyes.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I distinctly recall Quesada saying at the time that it was to make the suit more visually interesting. Like symmetrical sets of arms would have been expected or something to that effect.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He's right, nobody saw taint claw coming.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Heavy Metal posted:

Alrighty then, the facts are the facts. I wonder how much action the X Lives / Deaths of Wolverine is gonna have. Wolverine needs to have a Golgo 13 style sex scene where he looks really intense and serious, in my opinion.

Speaking of Spidey/MJ, I wonder if they'll get married again by the 40th anniversary of the wedding issue, a few years from now.

What’s funny is the wedding is getting an OHC in April….the same one where the solicit says they will break up.

Hell of a whiplash there

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

There was a book where Scott was with Emma on a yacht. But yeah, all their interactions also show it, with Emma pretty much always helping out Scott as much as she can from the council side, and even offering to leave it in X of Swords to help fight, which he turns down.

Also the look in House of/Powers of X after Jean gives Emma a beer, then Emma shoots Scott some major bedroom eyes.

She certainly still cares for him, and those where definitely bedroom eyes. I'm just not sure she's in an active relationship with him like Scott/Jean/Logan, regardless of whether they are hooking up or not. I think it's somewhat notable that she doesn't have a connected moon bedroom.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Emma Frost would not lower herself to sleeping on the moon.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Emma Frost would not lower herself to sleeping on the moon.

Hmm. Good point. She does seem the type who'd ask Scott to come to her. So yeah, other interpretations are possible and valid.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

glitchwraith posted:

She certainly still cares for him, and those where definitely bedroom eyes. I'm just not sure she's in an active relationship with him like Scott/Jean/Logan, regardless of whether they are hooking up or not. I think it's somewhat notable that she doesn't have a connected moon bedroom.

Emma is currently single

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol such a great joke

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nilbop posted:

Numbers four and five are practically identical, it’s just that five has a nose.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Endless Mike posted:

Hey wait a minute, the Silver Centurian armor had a big ole backpack on it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Gripweed posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me, has Trauma shown up in any stuff since then? So much Marvel stuff these days is about trauma, you'd think Trauma should be showing up all over the place to help people through their poo poo.
Trauma was counselling Reed/Sue/Franklin just last week in Fantastic Four, he was introduced as Franklin's psychiatrist a few issues previous.

Before that, his only appearance in the past decade was in Iron Man #600 at the very end of Bendis's run, where he introduced a new Secret SHIELD rebooted by Leonardo Da Vinci that was supposed to be include Riri Williams, Toni Ho, Miles Morales and his dad, Blade, and most of Avengers Initiative/Academy alum no one was using. It has not, to my knowledge, ever been mentioned again.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol i forgot about that

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Wanderer posted:

I suppose it makes a certain amount of sense. Tony and Rhodey were in the base red-and-gold suit for a solid 15-20 years, right up until the "Silver Centurion" in IM #200. Tony constantly upgrading the armor into new and exciting configurations is a relatively recent addition.

Even the red-and-gold OG Iron Man suit got updates and tweaks constantly, but they were usually minor details like a different faceplate or a nose or brand-new rollerskates. Still, even then you'd see Tony build a purpose-built specialty armor for certain stories - underwater armor, stealth armor, et cetera - but that happened almost exclusively in his solo book, not in the Avengers titles.

Once the Silver Centurion armor got introduced, though, they started putting together more and more specialty armors because, well, they were fun to draw.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

glitchwraith posted:

She's too busy for a relationship which is why it works out that she can just call up Scott and have him come over for a hookup whenever.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

howe_sam posted:

Emma is currently single

This panel was what I was thinking of before, but I forgot that she specifically mentions being single. Glad I wasn't to far off.

Codependent Poster posted:

She's too busy for a relationship which is why it works out that she can just call up Scott and have him come over for a hookup whenever.

I think you cracked the code.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Heroes Return suit is one of my favorites, that was right when I got Gung ho into the MU and was buying whatever I could afford. But once that suit was dropped the armor was just a mess with no real cohesive look until Extremis.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The retro update of Heroes Return was so cool. Maybe my favourite mask/helmet he's ever had.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

howe_sam posted:

Emma is currently single

Steve how ... how do you view your mother dude

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
As a woman who liked to attend parties wearing ridiculous hats

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Nilbop posted:

Steve how ... how do you view your mother dude

She never drank her milk and died of weak bones. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's always the quiet ones.

But also like, a lot of the other ones too.