Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

moonmazed posted:

every one of those loving apes is uglier than the last. why does that one look like it's been lobotomized

It's really one of those "pets tend to look like their owners" sort of things isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Why can't these goobers use rakes like a normal person?

A lot of the leaf blower users are boomers who are too old/crippled/lazy to use rakes properly.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

sexpig by night posted:

yea I'm actually pretty hype for more Dying Light, really fun take on the zombie horde stuff and all, but zero of my hype comes from writing skill so boy does 'we wrote SO MANY WORDS' do nothing for me

Dying Light 1 had pretty solid gameplay (especially in co-op) but absolutely laughable writing. Like it was just comically bad. Like you had the main character being amazed that the guy he just saw mutilating and killing people for fun, would betray him!!!!! and similar idiotic poo poo, as well as the most pretentious fuckup of a main antagonist I've ever had a game expect me to take seriously.

Being told that Dying Light 2 has tons of dialogue just tells me I'll be skipping tons of dialogue.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

PurpleXVI posted:

Dying Light 1 had pretty solid gameplay (especially in co-op) but absolutely laughable writing. Like it was just comically bad. Like you had the main character being amazed that the guy he just saw mutilating and killing people for fun, would betray him!!!!! and similar idiotic poo poo, as well as the most pretentious fuckup of a main antagonist I've ever had a game expect me to take seriously.

Being told that Dying Light 2 has tons of dialogue just tells me I'll be skipping tons of dialogue.

Just treat like a Rocky Horror or MST3K movie. Bad games can be made better with booze and yelling at the morons on screen.

Like I'm doing with Halo where they have an awesome combat Pelican in 4 which would have come in mighty bloody handy like anytime before.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/roslyntalusan/status/1484271046572265476?s=21

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ToxicFrog posted:

Yeah, I actually disliked the writing so much that I DNFed. The parkour was fun but oof.
You Duke Nukem Forevered it? drat dude.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

I want this to be real so badly

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Memento posted:

I finished the single player campaign of Halo Infinite and went "that ruled can I get some more" and you can just keep tootling around in the overworld, finishing off the bases you didn't capture as you were going along. It's great.

I found running around in the open world tackling the sidemission bases was way more fun than a lot of the actual plot corridoor shooter missions.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Reflections85 posted:

Do you have a link to that podcast? It sounds cool.

QAA also did an episode recently: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/qanon-anonymous/id1428209307?i=1000547352120

Nostradingus posted:

And in many areas it's actually illegal to let your yard grow wild. I live in a place that used to be beautiful tallgrass prairie and it all got bulldozed for pavement and non native sod. Grass has to be clipped to under a couple inches so you're breaking the law if you want to grow native sweetgrass. It's bonkers

https://nypost.com/2022/01/13/judge-fines-cancer-patient-72-too-weak-to-mow-lawn/

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Bargearse posted:

I want this to be real so badly

https://twitter.com/Sleyson80/status/1483762353397288964

He might still be joking, I guess.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mierenneuker posted:

They're really hammering the quantity of this game, which does not bode well for the quality.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/1479889980205981705
Ridiculous. Gimme 30 grams of coke and some water stops and I'll die before getting to Frankfurt no problem, 204 hours or fewer.

Realistically they're just aiming for engagement on walking speeds of all things. Amazing.

stringless has a new favorite as of 11:30 on Jan 21, 2022

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Deptfordx posted:

I found running around in the open world tackling the sidemission bases was way more fun than a lot of the actual plot corridoor shooter missions.
I got dying light to play a fun parkour game and 45 minutes in I finally hit the babby's first parkour section and then got dumped back into yet another corridor and then I refunded it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:laffo:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Seems there's some confusion on their part

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Dying Light had good visuals and fun gameplay, but awful writing.

2/3 ain't bad.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Dying Light is probably the best zombie killing game out there that isn’t primarily a co-op shooter. Bad writing almost feel like a staple of that whole genre of games tho.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bad writing is a staple of games.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Grimdude posted:

2/3 ain't bad.

Good thing the selling point in the new game is just how much of that writing there is then!

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Who is she? She looks familiar but I can't remember who she is for the life of me.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Jaime Lynn Spears, Brittany's sister.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

lobsterminator posted:

Who is she? She looks familiar but I can't remember who she is for the life of me.

Ted Cruz in drag

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

AFewBricksShy posted:

Jaime Lynn Spears, Brittany's sister.

The star of Zoey 101 who had to quit due to getting pregnant from her boyfriend who lived half the country away and definitely not by Dan Schneider.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Henchman of Santa posted:

Bad writing is a staple of games.

thatsbait.gif

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

BigglesSWE posted:

Dying Light is probably the best zombie killing game out there that isn’t primarily a co-op shooter. Bad writing almost feel like a staple of that whole genre of games tho.

Left 4 Dead had some good writing. That was written by Chet Faliszek. His company just released a similar type of coop game called The Anacrusis. I bet that's pretty fun too.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

BigglesSWE posted:

Is Dying Light the one(s) by the same folks who did the tropical resort one?

Dead Island?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
gently caress, I knew it was too subtle.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Grimdude posted:

gently caress, I knew it was too subtle.
Don't worry, I got it...

:(

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

HaB posted:

Is Dying Light the one(s) by the same folks who did the tropical resort one?

Dead Island?

Yes, Techland

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ted Cruz in drag

This is the Zodiac calling. 2 ded, lake Berryessa. Oops, I did it again.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Read After Burning posted:

Didn't Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb talk about how Uno online (I think it was on Xbox?) was just this den of sin? I think something with webcams?

Just looked it up, and yeah, people were sending dick pics via Uno for Xbox 360.

Yeah me and some friends would play together in high school and we sort of stopped after we matched with a shirtless middle aged guy. During the match he stood up and he was completely nude and aroused.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Arivia posted:

Yes, Techland

That engine (whatever it is) makes me super motion sick for some reason. I can't play Skyrim for the same reason.

:(

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/ceocartier/status/1484555725703680004

https://twitter.com/aSteezyTaughtMe/status/1484566030911512580

CaptainBeefart posted:

Yeah me and some friends would play together in high school and we sort of stopped after we matched with a shirtless middle aged guy. During the match he stood up and he was completely nude and aroused.

Talk about a reverse card! :wiggle:

That's gross. I remember being a dumbass freshman going on like, Omegle and ChatRoulette and stuff, with dudes pulling their hogs out. At least then, it was like "Lol, wanna go on the weird webcam site", versus just...playing a video game and being made to see that poo poo.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This is the Zodiac calling. 2 ded, lake Berryessa. Oops, I did it again.

:perfect:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
My algorithm is completely hosed from clicking through tiny nft rugpull ads. This is what you start to get at full saturation:

Couldn't get the whole short video add: it promised, as wireframe animations were projected on her face, that it's better than the real thing

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Reflections85 posted:

Do you have a link to that podcast? It sounds cool.

It's QAnon Anonymous, but I think the "New Chronology" episode is one of the premium episodes you need to subscribe to their patreon to get.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Grimdude posted:

2/3 ain't bad.

The food is terrible but the portions are fantastic

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

My algorithm is completely hosed from clicking through tiny nft rugpull ads. This is what you start to get at full saturation:

Couldn't get the whole short video add: it promised, as wireframe animations were projected on her face, that it's better than the real thing

No pictures (wire mesh or otherwise) showing on the App Store to my disappointment. Lots of reviews from lonely people complaining about the energy system restricting them from talking to their pretend-a-friend :smith:

These are the same thing 40 years apart yes this is a movie prop from Rent A Pal but I’m sure this type of thing must have existed

e: forgot a word

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

PurpleXVI posted:

I was about to say that I don't remember DL1's story being that bad, but on further reflection I literally can't remember the story at all so I guess it must've been pretty dire.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Acute Grill posted:

I was about to say that I don't remember DL1's story being that bad, but on further reflection I literally can't remember the story at all so I guess it must've been pretty dire.

Get this, there are two groups of survivors! You're group are the good guys, the other group are the mean bad guys! The bad guys have what you need, so you gotta fight them to get it!

People in your group make the dumbest possible decisions and end up dead!

It's the same plot as literally every zombie media ever.