Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Everything the Government did after 9/11 was something they already wanted to do.

This time they don't want to do anything.

What "the people" want is either manufactured in the media or ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
If I was curious about a respirator and someone handed me a card like that I would probably not be curious about respirators anymore.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Cathartt is sized in goon sizes

It really is, I'm 6 ft tall and have a small hoody and it is still almost too big.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Flowers on my dick and bees all around.

beecock

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

oh cool Target.com carries Aura's now
the rubber-band model, not the Premium threaded straps model
https://www.target.com/p/3m-aura-particulate-respirator-9205/-/A-13722865

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

surely she was arrested after this? that is a terroristic threat.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Tzen posted:

5,850 American's died over the past 2 days, anyways,

Natural causes.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Zisky posted:

If I was curious about a respirator and someone handed me a card like that I would probably not be curious about respirators anymore.

standing on the corner wearing a respirator and a sandwich board, handing out cards like they're chick tracts.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

youngkin covid?

https://twitter.com/notlarrysabato/status/1484541314439991299

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

empty whippet box posted:

nah, she white

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1484589171549216771?s=20

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

someone posted the police response upthread, she called them first and apology to the police and said she saw how people might take it the wrong way, so the cops said she won't be arrested

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I have lovely tinnitus and so I've read a bunch about it, COVID, the vaccines, etc. Along the way I've seen anecdotal but multiple reports from patients that their ENTs had mentioned either an increase in tinnitus, sudden hearing loss, or both, as COVID spread, and thought that it might be uniquely bad for hearing.

I just noticed on Google Trends that interest in "tinnitus" hit an all time high in Jan of 2020, and then climbed steadily for like 18 months.

It doesn't surprise me to see but this sort of confirms that there was a flurry of interest in tinnitus as covid spread (though starting a bit earlier that I'd expect, but only by ~30-45 days?), and no corresponding super-slope to be seen as the vaccines were rolled out (because if they contribute to or cause tinnitus, it's at a rate that's so tiny compared to the disease that it falls into background). Anecdotally all 3 pfizer shots made my ears bug out for a couple weeks.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 21, 2022

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

text editor posted:

someone posted the police response upthread, she called them first and apology to the police and said she saw how people might take it the wrong way, so the cops said she won't be arrested

"I'm going to bring a loaded gun"

It was just a misunderstanding, I didn't mean it that way.

I like how 8th graders are more accountable for saying poo poo like this than grown adults.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/GlennYoungkin/status/1483561773873651712

https://twitter.com/GlennYoungkin/status/1483939444394766345

https://twitter.com/GlennYoungkin/status/1483980942196756480

https://twitter.com/GovernorVA/status/1484571539370651651

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Fly Molo posted:

(1) crossbow bolt
the second will hit you in the dick

come on out to Seattle and help us out

https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2022/01/police-search-for-suspect-after-reported-bellevue-place-crossbow-assault/

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

They're both gen x or old rear end millennials bc only those groups, and I guess boomers, use a period at the end of a post

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pingui posted:

Whoa...
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3164131/coronavirus-omicron-variant-less-severe-its-not-natures-vaccine posted:
Coronavirus: the Omicron variant is less severe but it’s not ‘nature’s vaccine’
Scientists say the highly infectious strain, seen as ‘mild’, should not be underestimated
They warn there will be more variants to come as it spreads, replicates and mutates

this illustration owns

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

Been updating my wall

:getin:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

kalensc posted:

No, it's a brilliant toxx clause.

We will stand united, respirator donned, long locks flowing in the gentle breeze.

my dad keeps asking me when I'm going to ditch the "Jesus look" and I just answer with "never, my son"

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Welp, I have a co-worker, ~45 y/o woman, who popped positve about 2 weeks ago. After a week of mild illness that seemed to be going away, she started feeling progressively weaker with recurring 104+ degree fever. Admitted to hospital on Monday, still there now but "feeling better". If nothing else she's gonna end up missing 3 weeks of work (and everything else) with at least 1 of those in the hospital.

Double vaxed, boosted, and 100% wfh since March 2020. Not sure where she got exposed or how cautious she was being outside of work, but it's at least another data point as far as mild omicron goes.

Also turns out my wife was possibly exposed yesterday. The foreman at a work site and a bunch of the people there all popped positive. It was outdoors and she had a KN95, so probably OK. We'll see!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

I'm feeling like poo poo again so now it's time to play my favorite game of Cold or Covid

wife and I are having scratchy throats, feeling slightly tired.....don't know how we could possibly have gotten it because we never leave our house and when we do we are 11/10 paranoid, kn95s that never move while we're out, staying max distance from people and coming right back home with no extra bullshit. if we are sick then I don't know what could possibly have gotten us EXCEPT omicron.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

if this lady is really a techie, she should just move to nashville and remote work while taking one of those red state moving incentives like every other person who hates seeing homeless people

Every third post from her now is about how cool Florida is, so I'm starting to think its like guerrilla adverting for the state's chamber of commerce or tourism board.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I have tinnitus and so I've read a bunch about it, COVID, the vaccines, etc. Along the way I've seen anecdotal but multiple reports from patients that their ENTs had mentioned either an increase in tinnitus, sudden hearing loss, or both, as COVID spread, and thought that it might be uniquely bad for hearing.

I just noticed on Google Trends that interest in "tinnitus" hit an all time high in Jan of 2020, and then climbed steadily for like 18 months.

that Google Trends result doesn't seem like it supports anything. but still, I wouldn't be surprised, the support cells it's thought to wipe out in your nasal epithelium are fairly similar to a few types of support cells in the ear (and some express ACE2). and do I see a few case studies about post-COVID hearing loss. it's definitely a rarer symptom, though

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

not_superiority posted:

i will never understand why people burn expensive clothes and accessories because they don't agree with the brand anymore. they already got your money.

brands need to rapidly pivot between saying things that conservatives hate and things that they love. that way they'll burn all their hats but then rush out to buy another before inevitably burning it again.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

It's so obvious and people get so mad when you tell them. :allears:

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

we have another winner

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1484613308065927178

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

if he has covid and wants to spend all day unmasked with cops you know what let him

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

My kids teacher has been out all week with covid and Im honestly surprised it took two weeks to catch it. One of the subs for the teacher out with covid is also out with covid. What I assume is a chaotic environment led my kid to be reported with an unexcused absence 2 days this week despite being in school. I actually have to fight this because I dont want to go to Kamala jail. These things have real consequences and, while I understand its a shitshow in there, as such I expect it to be counted correctly.

Honestly I just hope the poor guy doesnt wonder off at recess or something since theres probably like 7 adults in the entire building. On the way home today he asked me if his teacher is going to die. Glad we are prioritizing mental health.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

yeah its maddening
these people have had their way throughout the entire pandemic
and yet

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
We don't believe in getting small parts of the virus to get vaccinated, we want all of the virus because that's better somehow :psyduck:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
since people keep asking about if covid is bad for such and such specific ailment: the answer is always yes. chronic hypoxia is EXTRORDINARILY bad for you. It can cause or worsen basically any ailment in the body because, shockingly, all of your cells need oxygen. when they don't get oxygen bad things happen. This isn't difficult science so I'm not sure why everyone is so confused about it.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Acelerion posted:

My kids teacher has been out all week with covid and Im honestly surprised it took two weeks to catch it. One of the subs for the teacher out with covid is also out with covid. What I assume is a chaotic environment led my kid to be reported with an unexcused absence 2 days this week despite being in school. I actually have to fight this because I dont want to go to Kamala jail. These things have real consequences and, while I understand its a shitshow in there, as such I expect it to be counted correctly.

Honestly I just hope the poor guy doesnt wonder off at recess or something since theres probably like 7 adults in the entire building. On the way home today he asked me if his teacher is going to die. Glad we are prioritizing mental health.
jesus loving christ

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
also congrats coldrice on getting featured in the fake news media :) (you were already featured in the real news media: this thread)

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

McNugget Buddy posted:

The immunocompromised who got their "additional dose" are also owed a booster 5 months later - Pfizer recipients got their additional dose beginning on September 23rd, so they'll be allowed their 4th shot beginning next month

Immunocompromised Moderna recipients started additional doses a month later on October 21st, so they'll be able to get the 4th dose beginning in March

I've been out of the loop for a few weeks so I apologize if the answer to this question is common thread knowledge. Is there some sort of official (or expected) updated guidance on 4th shots for either immunocompromised or the rest of the population? tia

I'm still rocking my full 3rd dose Moderna from late August. Trying to figure out the best plan for #4...

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

skooma512 posted:

We don't believe in getting small parts of the virus to get vaccinated, we want all of the virus because that's better somehow :psyduck:

vaccines aren't natural

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

vaccines aren't natural

literally everything is natural

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Fireside Nut posted:

I've been out of the loop for a few weeks so I apologize if the answer to this question is common thread knowledge. Is there some sort of official (or expected) updated guidance on 4th shots for either immunocompromised or the rest of the population? tia

I'm still rocking my full 3rd dose Moderna from late August. Trying to figure out the best plan for #4...

i also got full #3 in August before they waffled on booster availability. i went ahead and got a 4th at the end of last month. i've got so many antibodies now

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

all riiiight

cover your receptors, Perceptor

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I love how so far all of the Omicron cases in NZ are airport workers, quarantine workers or people who have recently come back from overseas. And yet we won't and can never just shut down international travel for a few months while the world has its collective viral tantrum. This poo poo would have been legitimately over by now without cheap international air travel, we really do deserve what's coming to us as a species but it's frustrating as hell to watch as a passenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Koirhor posted:

ok so just asking since the femur is the strongest bone in the body how did he break falling on the ice?

I see more broken femurs than any other broken bone, by far. Granted most of them are in very elderly people with osteoporosis, but still, it's strong because it has to be, and it's still fairly easy to break it with forces in a direction it's not meant to experience.