Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Potato Salad posted:

What's materially different between a policy of zero covid versus a policy that is attempting to get numbers back down to zero covid?

Like, a post-Olympics/CNY CCP may still want to minimize community spread, get numbers back to a point where contact spreading works again, and reduce the strain on healthcare systems, yes? What might make them consider NOT doing that?

Like, what is the stressor that would push a rational state to stop minimizing domestic infections? What is zero covid balanced against? As yet, no article, nobody I've talked with in China or at home, and no poster in here has substantiated what the trade-off is.

The longer you need restrictions to bring cases down to zero, the more non-compliance you're going to have. I personally suspect there's a tipping point where non-compliance gets to a point that getting to zero cases just isn't realistic anymore (which extends lockdowns, which increases non-compliance, etc.)

Harsher restrictions don't matter if people aren't following them.

China's definitely a different environment than Australia or New Zealand, and it's reasonable to assume that compliance is going to be higher. But I don't think China's tolerance for lockdowns is infinite (or even THAT much higher, an advantage of zero covid is that your lockdowns are generally much shorter and more regional until you let the rabbit out of the hat).

enki42 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"higher distance from zero = longer lockdowns = greater chance of compliance failure" makes a lot of sense, on the surface

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is Sweden still doing the whole "mah freedums" thing? Requirements for entry were very strict, vaccination and a recent negative test, but nobody checked any of that. I've seen liberally 0 masks outside of the airport. It's really bizarre.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
Didn't see this posted: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/health/nyc-omicron-wasteweater.html

quote:

Omicron was probably present in New York City’s wastewater more than a week before the first case of the new variant was detected in the United States, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and researchers across the country.
The samples suggest that someone in New York City may have had the Omicron variant as early as Nov. 21, four days before South African scientists first announced cases of the variant and ten days before the first U.S. case was reported. Researchers in California and Texas also found evidence of Omicron in wastewater samples from late November.
The findings suggest that at the time, the Omicron variant was more widespread in the United States than the case data alone would indicate, and provide more evidence that wastewater surveillance can serve as an early warning system about the spread of new variants.

Not 100% certain they're detecting Omicron because they only find genetic fragments in wastewater, but the samples have a bunch of Omicron's specific mutations so highly likely.

Illustrates the importance of wastewater monitoring for tracking spread well before infection testing.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

enki42 posted:

your lockdowns are generally much shorter and more regional until you let the rabbit out of the hat).

Yep. The system only has to fail to a certain extent before it becomes impossible to put the rabbit back into the hat. In a world where covid = everywhere butting up against a system where the goal is covid = nowhere within the system, eventually that's going to fail.

Also, I don't think people are going to continue with total lockdowns of tens of millions at zero-notice forever. People are people, and they do eventually get tired of poo poo. Will the people of China tolerate it for another year? Sure, I bet. Another 2 years? 3? 5? 10? Eventually zero covid will become untenable. It's great that the people of China have been so resilient and tolerant of their harsh lockdowns, it's worked out fairly well for them. I don't know that they've exactly had much of a choice about whether they tolerate it, but it has worked out well.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

In aggregate the average person in China has had less restrictions applied to them through the last 2 years. So long as you can keep it up, zero COVID means less restrictions, not more.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Does mean getting your pet forcefully euthanised though.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

eXXon posted:

Well, how much did Japan's Olympics contribute to delta spread there? As far as I can tell, there are no clear answers. A quick skim of some articles suggests that Tokyo and the IOC claim it had negligible impact, and while there are obvious reasons to doubt their claims, case counts were increasing prior to the Olympics and not just in Tokyo.
Yeah, case growth started rising all around Japan, not just Tokyo, a few weeks before the Olympics started. It's doubtful that the Olympics themselves were responsible for the Delta wave, what's more likely is more relaxed behaviour after state of emergency restrictions were lifted. But of course Japan isn't pursuing a zero-COVID policy like China.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

What fascinatingly interesting times.

It's like we get to sit back and watch various social experiments at scale and in real time, and the stakes are terrifyingly high.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Fritz the Horse posted:

Didn't see this posted: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/health/nyc-omicron-wasteweater.html

Not 100% certain they're detecting Omicron because they only find genetic fragments in wastewater, but the samples have a bunch of Omicron's specific mutations so highly likely.

Illustrates the importance of wastewater monitoring for tracking spread well before infection testing.

This is in line with the 2-3 dozen explosion of cases among double vaxxed patients I've talked to in NYC who contracted it from about mid-December through the first week of January.

There was a large seed population of Omicron cases well before the positivity rate hockey sticked in our ~95% vaccinated adult population.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

How are u posted:

Speaking of,

‘Not sustainable’: Omicron tests China’s zero Covid policy as first cases detected
With the Winter Olympics imminent, experts predict more extreme measures but question strategy’s wisdom

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/21/not-sustainable-omicron-tests-chinas-zero-covid-policy-as-first-cases-detected

As I've suspected, authorities in China are watching and waiting to see when zero-covid no longer makes sense.

literally nothing in your quote says that the authorities are chomping at the bit to let it rip??? in fact, the quote from the HK scientist indicates that china is too large a ship to change direction???

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

How are u posted:

This is heartwarming.

Hongkongers launch hamster rescue mission after Covid cull declared
Thousands sign petitions and many offer to house pets, as officials say more than 2,000 imported hamsters must be killed

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/21/hongkongers-launch-hamster-rescue-mission-after-covid-cull-declared

Lol no, diseased rodents need to be put down.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

How are u posted:

Yep. The system only has to fail to a certain extent before it becomes impossible to put the rabbit back into the hat. In a world where covid = everywhere butting up against a system where the goal is covid = nowhere within the system, eventually that's going to fail.

Also, I don't think people are going to continue with total lockdowns of tens of millions at zero-notice forever. People are people, and they do eventually get tired of poo poo. Will the people of China tolerate it for another year? Sure, I bet. Another 2 years? 3? 5? 10? Eventually zero covid will become untenable. It's great that the people of China have been so resilient and tolerant of their harsh lockdowns, it's worked out fairly well for them. I don't know that they've exactly had much of a choice about whether they tolerate it, but it has worked out well.

People forget China's a massive place with a huge population. We see Xi'an locked down, we don't see the (literally?) billion other people living normally BECAUSE of these lockdowns. They don't just tolerate it, they support it. Your own article you misread and posted even has an interview with a driver that says as much:

quote:

“My home is close to Xi’an, and Xi’an has a serious situation. If we pass by Xi’an, our health code might become yellow and we might have to be quarantined. There is a lot of inconvenience, but (the policy) is necessary.”

And all the poo poo you say about China could be applied to WA. We just delayed our interstate border opening indefinitely. Media paints us as this horrible locked down place, but over the last 2 years, we've been barely touched by COVID and have had harsh but very infrequent lockdowns and mask mandates.

The move is incredibly popular with the vast majority over here.

enki42 posted:

In aggregate the average person in China has had less restrictions applied to them through the last 2 years. So long as you can keep it up, zero COVID means less restrictions, not more.

Yep. :hai:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

crepeface posted:

literally nothing in your quote says that the authorities are chomping at the bit to let it rip??? in fact, the quote from the HK scientist indicates that china is too large a ship to change direction???

Try reading it again? It's the last few sentences of the article. I will quote them here for you:

quote:

Chen Xi, a public health expert at Yale school of public health, said that although China kept insisting on the “zero Covid” policy, the authorities were also hedging their bets. “Many think China is only using the zero tolerance policy, but in my view, it is also waiting and seeing,” he said, adding that Chinese experts have realised the nature of the disease is also evolving.

“In fact, a number of Chinese thinktankers are now watching closely to (see) what extent this new variant would result in the damage of the health system, and how prepared China would be in meeting the challenge should it spread,” he said. “It is important to have such data before Beijing eventually decides to gradually open up.”

In the last few weeks, Chinese experts have been urging citizens to receive their booster jabs. In a widely publicised speech early this month, Zhang Wenhong, one of China’s best-known infectious diseases experts, explained why vaccines helped reduce hospitalisation and death.

“We should allow arguments over inoculation, but we should also realise that the role of the vaccines should not be underestimated,” he told an audience in Shanghai. “If we do not actively get vaccinated and build a strong immunity barrier, we’d return to the pandemic that occurred in 1918.”

Also, I did not say "chomping at the bit to let it rip". At all. That's you editorializing.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

How are u posted:

Try reading it again? It's the last few sentences of the article. I will quote them here for you:

Also, I did not say "chomping at the bit to let it rip". At all. That's you editorializing.

How are u posted:

As I've suspected, authorities in China are watching and waiting to see when zero-covid no longer makes sense.

a quote of an opinion by a yale expert of chinese think tankers does not support this statement

especially since it's contradicted by a hong kong scientist

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

You should not trust Yale professors to tell you what the Chinese authorities are thinking.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/this-is-an-end-serbia-revokes-rio-tinto-s-lithium-mine-licences-20220121-p59q4f.html

quote:

Australian miner Rio Tinto’s plans to build a new lithium project have been thrown into disarray after Serbian Prime Minister Ana Brnabic revoked the company’s permits.

Rio Tinto is seeking to develop the $US2.4 billion ($3.3 billion) Jadar mine in western Serbia as part of its foray into lithium, a sought-after battery raw material that will be needed in increasingly vast quantities as carmakers roll out millions of electric vehicles in coming years.

The decision to revoke Rio Tinto’s licences comes with the Serbian government under significant public pressure ahead of a general election in April. Relations between Serbia and Australia have also deteriorated since the deportation of unvaccinated tennis star Novak Djokovic.

Not sure exactly how much the Djokovic treatment affected this decision but the public perception in Australia is going to be that ScoMo hosed up COVID so badly we lost a rare minimals mine.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

crepeface posted:

a quote of an opinion by a yale expert of chinese think tankers does not support this statement

If you don't believe the person quoted or what they're saying then that's fine. I think what they're saying sounds very reasonable. However, I would ask that you not put words in my mouth that I didn't say, regardless of how you feel about an article I share.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
"chomping at the bit" is a just a colourful way of saying "watching and waiting", get off the cross dude. it's 'putting words in your mouth' about as much as you've done here based off that article.

quote:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Professor Beetus posted:

Coldrice didn't get probated for talking about his game. I've talked it up several times and it's even in the OP. He got probed for making sensational claims and getting angry with people posting mild criticisms.

e: And it's genuinely cool to see it take off and get little news blurbs, good on them.

"Sensational claims" such as observable reality

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Question; is there any good research on the efficacy of the RAT tests?

I ask because while I know several people who have gotten covid, I have yet to hear of a rat test showing positive. In particular, a good friend of mine got a PCR test, and while he was waiting and in isolation, took a rat test every day for a total of 3 tests.

All three RAT tests were negative. The PCR test was positive; he had covid.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Like do you think that people thought it was a bad simulator and the thread couldn't handle the raw honest Truth Power because we're all OPEN BIDEN or what?

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

crepeface posted:

I live in HK and am very happy with how covid has been managed, but throughout the pandemic there has been an endless supply of scientists willing to offer opinions that either support a story or can be taken out of context to do so. "Expert says!" I imagine that's the case to some extent everywhere in the world. I've learned to just ignore stories that are grasping at what the HKSAR government or Beijing intend to do. And that guy probably doesn't have any special insights into what Zhongnanhai is thinking if he tells the Guardian "[China] does not have the wisdom or capability to do it as neatly as Hong Kong or Taiwan."

What's strange about the Guardian story is that it references both the yuppie and the migrant worker who tested positive but does not mention the online outrage that ensued when their two lives were contrasted, since it was a sharp reminder of the haves and have nots. I believe the migrant worker also complained about mistreatment by the police in his home province. (Discussion has since been erased and censored, so it's hard for me to validate this. I didn't witness it happen in real time, but my family and friends did.)

One thing that has been frustrating both in HK and in mainland is that authorities will do anything to avoid admitting that there is a gap in the system or a sliver of ignorance. This leads to poo poo like claiming an untraceable case was caused by a 37-day incubation period, that international mail is to blame, that hamsters are to blame, that a Pakistani woman started it all, etc. Meanwhile, there are still loopholes for the rich and powerful, as we've seen with the recent case of the birthday party outbreak. I've been through the entry quarantine process, and while it is very tight, there were multiple obvious gaps even to my layman eyes. And despite an outbreak in Shenzhen, people can still travel into HK (but not back) with no quarantine. Despite obvious community transmission, people are packing like sardines into public transportation every day. All of this needlessly undermines confidence.

The hamster thing is such an own goal and just pisses off the public. No hamsters have actually tested positive, to my knowledge. They found traces on some hamsters in the shop where a covid-positive human worked and where a covid-positive family visited for 10 minutes. What's more likely — that HK logged the first global case of animal to human transmission or that the pet store worker got it elsewhere and left traces on the hamsters?

HK is already having to change its tactics in the face of omicron. There isn't enough quarantine camp capacity. A single case triggered the lockdown of an estate with 2700 people living in it, which is more than the remaining quarantine space and over half of the total. So they're all doing an at-home quarantine. I worry that this is going to cause a lot of transmission during lockdowns, because many of these estates are old as hell and have tiny units with little separation between people. Three generations and a maid in a <600 sqft apartment is normal. I live in an old building and can hear my neighbors switch on their lights and know what they're cooking every single meal.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

crepeface posted:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/this-is-an-end-serbia-revokes-rio-tinto-s-lithium-mine-licences-20220121-p59q4f.html

Not sure exactly how much the Djokovic treatment affected this decision but the public perception in Australia is going to be that ScoMo hosed up COVID so badly we lost a rare minimals mine.

The public perception is that Scomo has hosed up COVID so badly that it's affecting our day to day lives, I don't think anybody's going to give a flying gently caress about a slight adjustment to Rio Tinto's annual profit margins (it is very funny though)

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

crepeface posted:

"chomping at the bit" is a just a colourful way of saying "watching and waiting"

quote:

If someone is champing at the bit or is chomping at the bit, they are very impatient to do something, but they are prevented from doing it, usually by circumstances that they have no control over.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/champ-at-the-bit

I really don't like being a pedant, but no, not at all, man. Quite different.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Here let's compromise, people in the thread will stop saying how are u is rooting for the collapse of zero covid, and how are u will stop saying that China is about to move away from zero COVID unless he has actual evidence from the leaders of China that they are doing so

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol yeah, i know all about finding an expert to give a juicy quote. it was just telling that it contradicted the other guy.

i have friends/relatives in HK and have been there a lot so i understand the living situation means they have to be really strict about their restrictions. do you think the "two systems" is affecting the response?

freebooter posted:

The public perception is that Scomo has hosed up COVID so badly that it's affecting our day to day lives, I don't think anybody's going to give a flying gently caress about a slight adjustment to Rio Tinto's annual profit margins (it is very funny though)

i was thinking it make a great attack ad for labor since we have an election coming up, so it'll be even funnier to see how they gently caress up and trip over their own dick with an open goal in front of them

How are u posted:

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/champ-at-the-bit

I really don't like being a pedant, but no, not at all, man. Quite different.

lol just report me and let a mod decide if you think I exaggerated what you said so badly instead clogging up the thread with Webster's dictionary defines posting

crepeface fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 22, 2022

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Well they were never probed for sharing or promoting their game nor has anyone else been, so if you don't have anything else to contribute I guess I will just say thanks for sharing the NowThis link.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

crepeface posted:

lol just report me and let a mod decide if you think I exaggerated what you said so badly instead clogging up the thread with Webster's dictionary defines posting

I don't think you did anything worth reporting, friend, but I just want to be clear that I was not saying what you claimed I was saying. That's all.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

crepeface posted:

i have friends/relatives in HK and have been there a lot so i understand the living situation means they have to be really strict about their restrictions. do you think the "two systems" is affecting the response?

The restrictions haven't been very strict, really, because they've been highly targeted. Life is fairly normal as long as you don't come in contact with a case, which for a long time was approaching zero probability. All that could easily change, though, if cases continue to spread quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean with your question. I don't think Covid policies are too different between HK and the mainland, and I don't think they would have been terribly different had HK been more/less autonomous. I chalk up a lot of HK's success to having good institutions and having learned from SARS. Sometimes it does feel like the HK government is grasping about to keep Beijing happy rather than being evidence-led, though.

E: Minor edits for clarity.

Smeef fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 22, 2022

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I think the reality is this thread has a lot of people wanting china to fail at covid zero because it justifies how lovely the US response has been, and also justifies our absolutely insane system/way of life. I don't blame any posters for it, because if you think about how hosed this country is, it is a bit maddening. We are a violent 3rd world country run by legal gangs unless you make over 100K it's not so bad, being told we are the best country in the world and don't you loving dare question it. To be clear, I think China's government sucks for a whole host of issues, but at least for the last few years, they have done a better job of taking care of their general population than the US has done.

The crazy thing is that we've already lost. Covid is over, as far as anyone in power is concerned. People in this thread and the other threads in other sub forums talking about Covid won't change the fact that by and large, nobody gives a gently caress and are fine killing the disabled and old and unlucky, as long as they can keep brunching, sucking and loving, and working a lovely job that lets them go on lovely vacations with partners they don't like, children they don't like much more, and get to keep watching boring Marvel movies.

Also, in the time that it took me to write this (two minutes) two Americans have died from covid. one is dying ever 41 seconds this week, up from every 43 seconds from last week.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

crepeface posted:

You seemed to have made an honest mistake in how you represented what How are u was saying. Nothing wrong with that. In the future however, please be willing to accept that you've made a small mistake rather than defending it by reflex. This seems minor but is quite important to having productive discussion.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Thank you so much, Koos.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

LionArcher posted:

I think the reality is this thread has a lot of people wanting china to fail at covid zero because it justifies how lovely the US response has been,

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I personally think that China's done an amazing job controlling COVID but between omicron's high transmissibility and the upcoming Olympics the likelihood of the system cracking is very likely.

But obviously I'm not in the US as well.

Edit: can we establish that if COVID does escape in China, anyone posting "I told you so, haha"-type posts will get a ban+30. Mass sickness and death is not something anyone should loving use to score points.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 22, 2022

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Smeef posted:

HK is already having to change its tactics in the face of omicron. There isn't enough quarantine camp capacity. A single case triggered the lockdown of an estate with 2700 people living in it, which is more than the remaining quarantine space and over half of the total. So they're all doing an at-home quarantine. I worry that this is going to cause a lot of transmission during lockdowns, because many of these estates are old as hell and have tiny units with little separation between people. Three generations and a maid in a <600 sqft apartment is normal. I live in an old building and can hear my neighbors switch on their lights and know what they're cooking every single meal.

Coming back to this, it’s now being reported that there are already 70+ preliminary positive new cases in this estate.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3164346/coronavirus-least-40-covid-19-cases-uncovered

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Rust Martialis posted:

Edit: can we establish that if COVID does escape in China, anyone posting "I told you so, haha"-type posts will get a ban+30. Mass sickness and death is not something anyone should loving use to score points.

No. It has to be possible to point out if people were wrong. It's also okay to laugh about the people who were wrong. This is not disrespectful to the victims.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

IMO it's gross when the doomer crowd celebrates death counts or a new highly infectious variant and it's gross when people celebrate when a country can't keep up an elimination strategy.

Maybe this is an out there opinion, but I don't think cheering for the virus is good in any circumstance. This thread gets worse the more it's treated like a competition.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

enki42 posted:

IMO it's gross when the doomer crowd celebrates death counts or a new highly infectious variant and it's gross when people celebrate when a country can't keep up an elimination strategy.

Maybe this is an out there opinion, but I don't think cheering for the virus is good in any circumstance. This thread gets worse the more it's treated like a competition.

I think th idea people here are cheering for any of that is not actually real. It seems to be something that only is being done by some taking some statements and twisting them because someone says something that another rooster disagrees with. Being a realist or being optimistic that things will get better isn't cheering for covid to kill people, and this sure as hell isn't the Herman Cain award thread where that is exactly what happens.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

UCS Hellmaker posted:

I think th idea people here are cheering for any of that is not actually real. It seems to be something that only is being done by some taking some statements and twisting them because someone says something that another rooster disagrees with. Being a realist or being optimistic that things will get better isn't cheering for covid to kill people, and this sure as hell isn't the Herman Cain award thread where that is exactly what happens.

Yeah, that's fair, I'm just objecting to the specific idea that people should be calling out when a particular person was wrong and they were right in the past. People get poo poo wrong, and anyone who has regularly posted in this thread in the past 2 years has more likely than not been wrong about something at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
My wife tested positive on a PCR test a week ago, and has experienced cold-like symptoms since. I have also experienced similar symptoms, but tested negative on two PCR tests.

Amidst all this, we were booked to receive our booster shots today, but obviously had to cancel. What’s the current guidance regarding the ideal time between a positive test and getting boosted? I’ve heard everything from immediately after symptoms resolve to 30 days after the positive test.