Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
16th January
Prominence Pre-Launch Show 1
Akane Fujita & Mochi Miyagi vs Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki

A really fun conclusion to a really fun show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate's Open the New Year Gate at Korakuen Hall, Night 1, 1/12

MOTYC: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - Masquerade (Shun Skywalker, Kota Minoura, Jason Lee) vs. R.E.D. (Eita, Kaito Ishida, HYO)

I don't know if I should be even nominating this match because it was in no way an amazing blow away workrate classic, but drat I know at the end of the year I'll still probably be thinking about it more than many others I'm going to see. A complete trainwreck (deliberately) of two units simultaneously imploding, with an amazing post-match to cement the chaos.

Nth, more angle than anything else but it was amazing storytelling.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
7th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH N Innovation U-Cup Night 2
U Cup 4 Way Elimination
Eita vs Hajime Ohara vs Haoh vs Seiki Yoshioka

HM
7th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH N Innovation U-Cup Night 2
U Cup Final 8 Man Survival Tag
Atsushi Kotoge, Daisuke Harada, Hajime Ohara & Junta Miyawaki vs Kongo (Aleja, Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke)

This show had some low points but these 2 matches were some really good Junior action

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 17, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

WMOTYC
7th January
DDT FREE January!
Kazuki Hirata, Shunma Katsumata & Super Sasadango Machine vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Yuji Iino & Yumehito Imanari)

Oh for fucksake why did I watch Pheromones again? I'm a loving moron.

HM
7th January
DDT FREE January!
Chris Brookes vs Yoshihiko

It's an amazing carry job of the lanky Brit by everyone's favourite inanimate wrestler

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
7th January
DDT FREE January!
Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Kazusada Higuchi) vs HARASHIMA & Yuji Hino

Already very into Hideki Okatani, Eruption member.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
5th January
AEW Dynamite
AEW World Title
Adam Page vs Bryan Danielson

WMOTYC
5th January
AEW Dynamite
AEW TBS Title
Jade Cargill vs Ruby Soho

Finally gave up on watching New Year Smash and just going to try catch up on stuff from this year. I didn't rate it because it's a squash but God do I want them to hurry up and pay off this Wardlow poo poo. 911 was better because he only needed to do 1 chokeslam & then peace out, this dude just drags it out. (OK, I'm being hyperbolic, 911 sucked but he was utilised better)

World Title match ruled obviously, did think it was a small notch below the first one but this had some gnarly poo poo in it.

Putting Jade in an 11 minute match on TV just exposes her imo.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT ShunMAO Super Encounter Episode 2 January 17th
MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and MAO) vs Chris Brookes and Drew Parker
- https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1483124857487253505

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
9th January
Stardom New Year Stars Night 2
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Rina, Ruaka & Starlight Kid) vs Queen's Quest (Lady C, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)

Starts with SLK bragging that AZM isn't here (because Momo injured her the previous night), Tall Saya is about to respond but Lady C takes the mic from her to say we'll take you on 3 vs 4. SLK & Momo have both benefited from their heel turn, Momo getting to show off a way more vicious streak has been cool.

After the match Utami talks about never forgiving Momo and wanting a match with her & Momo is just "ugh, you lost the red belt, not sure you're worth it anymore but fine, I'll whomp you at the Anniversary show". Good stuff.

MOTYC
9th January
Stardom New Year Stars Night 2
Goddesses Of Stardom Titles
AliKaba (Giulia & Syuri) vs FWC (Hazuki & Koguma)

Best women's match of 2022 so far, at least as far as I've seen. Great to see Giulia & Syuri back together, terrific team. Anyway Korakuen was about as hot as it can be for this one considering *points at world*, well worth your time watching this.

https://m.vk.com/video-4499945_456247719?list=1498324bb375f84b6a&from=wall-4499945_20514 (Full show link, these 2 are the last 2 matches)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MOTYC: CM Punk vs Shawn Spears

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HM: Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander vs. Adam Cole & Britt Baker, AEW Dynamite 1/19
HM: Sting & Darby Allin vs. The Acclaimed, AEW Dynamite 1/19

Both matches were a TON of fun. And holy gently caress Sting you're sixty-two Goddamn years old!

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander vs. Adam Cole & Britt Baker, AEW Dynamite 1/19

Both matches were a TON of fun. And holy gently caress Sting you're sixty-two Goddamn years old!

2nd on both

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Seconded, delightful time

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

nth

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dango Bango posted:

Yeah agreed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Nth these two, and

HM: Serena Deeb vs. Skye Blue, also from AEW Dynamite 1/19

Serena Deeb is one of the best wrestlers on the planet.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Nth.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Orange Cassidy/Kris Statlander vs. The Power Couple Adam Cole BAYBAY and Britt Baker DMD, AEW Dynamite, 19/01
HM: The Acclaimed vs. Darby Allin/Sting, AEW Dynamite, 19/01

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dango Bango posted:

Easy 7th, what a match!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander vs Britt Baker & BUDGE
HM: Frankie Kazarian vs Lance Archer
HM: Sting & Son of Sting vs The Acclaimed

All from AEW Dynamite 19.01.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rarity posted:

HM: Orange Cassidy/Kris Statlander vs. The Power Couple Adam Cole BAYBAY and Britt Baker DMD, AEW Dynamite, 19/01

Nthing these

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
5th January
AEW Dynamite
AEW World Title
Adam Page vs Bryan Danielson

WMOTYC
5th January
AEW Dynamite
AEW TBS Title
Jade Cargill vs Ruby Soho

Nth to both. Jade looked really terrible here.

HM: CM Punk vs Wardlow - Dynamite, Jan 12.

A lot of people were down on this match and I understand why, but I really enjoyed it. Everything Punk threw at War Dog failed and Wardlow was even given a "visual" pinfall over a star like Punk. Added to both men's story.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite, 12/01

Oof that was a bad show. In fact:

WMOTYC: CM Punk vs. Wardlow, AEW Dynamite, 12/01

I love Punk, I love Wardlow, they're capable of so much more than this. The layout for this match was dire and the Powerbomb Symphony is fine for crushing jobbers but absolutely sucks for building a proper match around.

2nd both of these. Although I don't think I'd say it was a bad show. All the angles & promos hit with me. The brawl with Best Friends & Elite or whatever they are calling themselves now, PAC, Brody's debut absolute kicked bottom. A lot to like even if none of the wrestling outside the main event really hit.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

(ALMOST) Matches of the Year:
01/08 | Los Ingobernables de Japon vs. KONGO - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 3: New Japan vs. NOAH (6 votes)
01/14 | Jurassic Express (C) vs. Dark Order (Silver/Reynolds) for the AEW Tag Titles - AEW Rampage (6 votes)

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
8th January
NJPWxNOAH Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 3
Kosei Fujita vs Yasutaka Yano

You gotta love some hard hitting young boy action.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
8th January
Sugiuragun (Kazushi Sakuraba & Takashi Sugiura) & Toru Yano vs Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku)

HM
8th January
Naomichi Marufuji & Yoshinari Ogawa vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Zack Sabre Jr

This show is really Good fun. If you haven't seen it yet & have either NJPW or Wrestle Universe I'd recommend making the time for it. If you have both then I'd say watch in WU because Mark & Stew are a great commentary team.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
8th January
Kongo (Aleja, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh, Manabu Soya & Tadasuke) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito)

MOTYC
8th January
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Keiji Mutoh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Jon Moxley vs. All Ego Ethan Page - AEW Rampage 1/21

Mox is back, baby! Not the match I was expecting but one I really enjoyed, particularly the finish.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Mox is back, baby! Not the match I was expecting but one I really enjoyed, particularly the finish.

Nth. Probably wouldn't nominate otherwise but it's great to have Mox back and that finish RULED.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Nick Jackson vs. Trent Beretta, great match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

2nd, really drat good stuff. I'm pretty sure Nick__ was murdered at one point but decided to just keep wrestling.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Hook vs. Serpentico, Rampage 1/21

always send hook

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
HM: Jade vs Anna, jan 21 rampage

jade shittalking constantly works great and I loved the finish (especially with that fuckin' kiss)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Jade Cargill (C) vs. Anna Jay for the TBS Championship - AEW Rampage 1/21

Absolutely Jade's best match to date, incredibly good stuff, very exciting, plus cool stuff going on outside with Silver and Sterling as well.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely Jade's best match to date, incredibly good stuff, very exciting, plus cool stuff going on outside with Silver and Sterling as well.

Nth. Jade's matches you expect to suck are bangers and it rules.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 1/21

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Ethan Page
HM: Nick Jackson vs. Trent Beretta
MOTYC: HOOK vs. Serpentico
HM: Jade Cargill vs. Anna Jay

This is Rampage baby

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Nick Jackson vs Trent?
HM: Jade Cargill vs Anna Jay

Both from Rampage. The Jade match is exactly what she should be doing. 9-10 minutes where she is dominant but her opponent gets more than basic hope spots.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

Jerusalem posted:

nth nth nth

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 1/21

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Ethan Page
HM: Nick Jackson vs. Trent Beretta
HM: HOOK vs. Serpentico
HM: Jade Cargill vs. Anna Jay

This is Rampage baby

Going with this (MOTYC changed to HM).

It was a great show. Rampage is the a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MOTYC: Hook vs. Serpentico, Rampage 1/21

always send hook

Nth. A perfect match