Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Someone snap this up

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/d/westbury-1999-porsche-carrera-911/7426926439.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dema
Aug 13, 2006

The 2018 price seems very sus to me.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

The price and the description :wtf:

quote:

Fully water cooled engine, replacing air cooled engines. Great condition. Text me if you’re interested.

Might be a good deal, might be a scam or might be a ticking time bomb.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It is Long Island so I am going to say scam.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Residency Evil posted:

Third dealer’s the charm!

:getin:

I’ve got plenty of time to convince myself buying this would be super dumb.

Third dealer now tells me "It's going to be very difficult."

:negative:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Residency Evil posted:

Third dealer now tells me "It's going to be very difficult."

:negative:

The money with cars has gotten stupid across all levels. Sorry they pissed in your Wheaties. :(

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

That is code for “give us more money” but hey what do you expect from stealers?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

meatpimp posted:

The money with cars has gotten stupid across all levels. Sorry they pissed in your Wheaties. :(

BigPaddy posted:

That is code for “give us more money” but hey what do you expect from stealers?

If I actually get an allocation (and decide to go through with it), there is no way that I'm paying above sticker. It's a car. They'll make another one down the road.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
good news is that porsche is making all trim levels of the sport turismo not just the gts so i can spend like $108k on one rather than $140

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

good news is that porsche is making all trim levels of the sport turismo not just the gts so i can spend like $108k on one rather than $140

Not the Taycan though right?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Residency Evil posted:

Not the Taycan though right?

yeah the latest press release is that the Taycan Sport Turismo will cover all trim levels, I think Knox posted it in the EV thread

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

C&D said euro market only, US stuck with the GTS.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Still shows live. There must be s rotting possum in the frunk or something

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Guessing salvage title? Says clean title in the ad, but I’m skeptical.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

quote:

Fully water cooled engine, replacing air cooled engines. Great condition. Text me if you’re interested.

Isn't exactly confidence inspiring but for it be around for this long there has to be some major issue. Or the seller doesn't respond for crap. Or it's sold and the seller can't figure out how to delete the listing and is getting bombarded with calls.

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
Recently stumbled upon this plug-n-play adapter that enables wireless Android Auto (and CarPlay). I saw the only other option was basically taking apart the PCM and re-wiring a new box and had basically given up.
However, this works surprisingly well w/ my 2018 Macan and it's got Android OS built-in so you can also use apps on it but I just wanted AA back and for that it's great.

Thread: https://www.macanforum.com/threads/carplay-ai-box-add-wireless-carplay-android-auto-youtube-netflix-amazon-video-etc.182447/

Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HJCB3M5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

A nice low mileage 2000 C2 996 just sold for $47K on BaT

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-porsche-911-carrera-173/

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Yea, feeling pretty good about my purchase rn.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What's the best 911 for 100k or less. Must run 11.9 in the 1/4 or quicker. Which ones are better for tall people?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Also fat people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That's two different people though I am the tall person and someone else is the fat person but they are also tall too.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
Base 991.2 C2 with a tune is probably the best value right now. 997.2 turbo if you don’t care about steering feel and want a widebody.

The newer the car the bigger it will be inside.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

e: Totally misread above post. I blame my phone.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 4, 2022

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

bird with big dick posted:

That's two different people though I am the tall person and someone else is the fat person but they are also tall too.

Porsche Thread: tell us more about your curvy wife

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Also fat people.

Thank god dude was probed for this, these multiple posts really choke my 14.4kbps modem

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

the modem in the porsche I don't own

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

but if I did have a Porsche it'd probably be a Cayman, seems to be the best price vs. performance deal

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Previa_fun posted:

but if I did have a Porsche it'd probably be a Cayman, seems to be the best price vs. performance deal

Caymans are great. I miss mine.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

A 987 Cayman S is my [not currently] reasonably priced dream car that i'll get around to in like 5 years or something.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Base 991.2 C2 with a tune is probably the best value right now. 997.2 turbo if you don’t care about steering feel and want a widebody.

The newer the car the bigger it will be inside.
996 Turbo X50 should be cheaper and barely fast enough to fit the criteria

Residency Evil posted:

:same:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
All these posts someone must have got a new car gonna look, nope lol.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Can confirm 987 Cayman S is a great sporty daily driver. Since mid-June when it was delivered I've had to use a different vehicle because something wouldn't fit in the car one time in about 5k miles. It even gets decent mpg, 24.5, when driving it like a boring commuter.

Signed up for a track day in March, probably taking the Cayman if I make it to the event.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is there a feel for how much you'd be overpaying buying a 991.2 right now due to the market insanity? 10%? 20%?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Is there a feel for how much you'd be overpaying buying a 991.2 right now due to the market insanity? 10%? 20%?

A cursory autotrader search shows middling base 2017/2018 991.2s asking 70-90k or so, minimum. Feels like those should be 55-70k cars right now.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Residency Evil posted:

A cursory autotrader search shows middling base 2017/2018 991.2s asking 70-90k or so, minimum. Feels like those should be 55-70k cars right now.

Yeah that's kinda the vibe I was getting.

Near me I can't find one with an asking price of less than 99k other than one private party for 75k. And some of those 99k are relatively high miles for a 4 year old 911 I imagine, 40k+.

Looks like old Bird might have to wait a while I'll overpay a little but not like 25k.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I bought my 2019 base last June for 104, with 7k miles, premium package, sport mode and PASM, some interior upgrades. That’s way more than I was looking to spend, but I really liked the spec and didn’t think the market would cool off anytime soon.

Since then the prices are still going up. Same dealer Isringhausen has basically exact same spec on sale now for same price but with 30k miles.

I have a periodic KBB trade-in value checker, and it value just jumped from 95 to 98 yesterday… good luck but I wouldn’t hold my breath

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Local Carmax has a 2018 C2 for 95k with 20k miles. Not really sure how well equipped it is (which is one of the daunting things for a newbie for Porsche shopping, identifying and valuing they seventy trillion options) but I'm guessing on the lower end of the spectrum. These are also kind of my least favorite 911 wheels, and I don't like the dark blue that much tbh

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I hate black wheels and I wish they weren’t as popular on 991s, made it a lot harder to find a good used one when 90% have them.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I love dark blue, but those wheels are just so meh on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i also love the dark blue but that specific car with those wheels and the gray light surrounds....

:chloe: