Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

“It can oxidize on my rear end” is my personal fave.

Lots of good choices though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Five of them!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/electricalwsop/status/1484561519283032064?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I watched the video of that story earlier. The story is honestly just pretty sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTMWugFklMo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

Big antivaxxer and tmz is reporting he died of covid lmao

https://twitter.com/simongerman600/status/1484528723625926663?s=21

"I have it in my rear end" could arguably be sex-related, plz fix

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I love “I have Estonian dessert powder two”

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

C-Euro posted:

"I have it in my rear end" could arguably be sex-related, plz fix
"I want to talk about the state of the fish" could be about animals, but really it's just a non sequitur dodge of the conversation.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There is a Spanish idiom you use to say you were daydreaming: "pensando en la inmortalidad del cangrejo" which means, "pondering the immortality of the crab"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/nyashiats/status/1484582205070491651?s=21

This is probably similar

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

There is a Spanish idiom you use to say you were daydreaming: "pensando en la inmortalidad del cangrejo" which means, "pondering the immortality of the crab"

Old timers used to say "pondering your navel" for day dreaming.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm a little mad that the brits are trying to steal zero fucks given (and saddle us with 'I don't give a rat's rear end', come on we're not all boomers). Zero fucks given is not a British thing in fact they probably stole it from us

BlindSite posted:

Old timers used to say "pondering your navel" for day dreaming.

I assume you've heard that as a noun, 'navel-gazer' or the verb 'navel-gazing'

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

I'm a little mad that the brits are trying to steal zero fucks given (and saddle us with 'I don't give a rat's rear end', come on we're not all boomers). Zero fucks given is not a British thing in fact they probably stole it from us

I assume you've heard that as a noun, 'navel-gazer' or the verb 'navel-gazing'

Sure have.

gently caress I got stitched up today. My brother asked if I could give him a hand to move some top soil today because his fiance is pregnant. Sure I says, being the helpful chap I am. Text him this morning - hey what are we moving today? 2 cubic metres of soil, one of mulch and one of manure.

Going to spend my saturday literally shovelling poo poo. The things we do for family.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1484619425328381955?t=s7-EjeWKYUvL0FHNkjV9Mg&s=19

is that bad

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

is that bad

The world is filled with almosts after all.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Time to buy the dip!!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

BlindSite posted:

gently caress I got stitched up today. My brother asked if I could give him a hand to move some top soil today because his fiance is pregnant. Sure I says, being the helpful chap I am. Text him this morning - hey what are we moving today? 2 cubic metres of soil, one of mulch and one of manure.

Going to spend my saturday literally shovelling poo poo. The things we do for family.

When I started this story I was wondering how you managed to cut yourself so bad you needed stitches by moving dirt around lol

seems good to me

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm extremely skeptical there's already $1,000,000,000,000 worth of crypto...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Freaquency posted:

Time to buy the dip!!!

Unironically probably sound financial advice since morons will never ever ever get rid of their precious crypto.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dango Bango posted:

worth? there's zero because there's no real value there. that amount of paper "value" disappearing? absolutely because the crypto bubble makes every other bubble look like child's play.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fsif posted:

Unironically probably sound financial advice since morons will never ever ever get rid of their precious crypto.

Tulip prices will never be this low again!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I can promise I am rooting for the total and complete decimation of anything crypto-related, but too many people with too much fiat money want to make it A Thing so it will probably just stay A Thing.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

You know what they say

Fortune favors the brave

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

"Market value" takes the most recent transaction amount for one (or a few) shares of something and presumes all of the shares are worth that. It's like if someone anywhere in the world paid $1000 for a beanie baby on eBay, we now magically assign a $1000 value to every existing beanie baby, and just ignore that there aren't millions of people with millions of dollars clamoring to all pay exactly $1000 for every beanie baby on earth.

This is exactly how e.g. Musk, Gates, etc. are supposedly worth hundreds of billions, too: they own shitloads of stock, and of course they periodically sell some, they could totally reap a few billion if they sold all their stock at once but they absolutely could not convert their entire holding into cash in the space of a few weeks or even months and reap that full quoted valuation, because dumping that much stock onto the market would drive down the price.

With crypto, the valuations are even more suspect. For one thing, a huge amount of bitcoin etc. is essentially destroyed/lost/vanished, but these valuations almost always count every single bitcoin ever mined. For another, the marketplace of people willing to shell out huge piles of cash to speculate on bitcoin is far more limited; and for a third, the glacial pace of actual bitcoin transactions means that the only way to handle huge volumes of exchange is via third-party exchanges, and those exchanges have a maximum amount of real-world cash they could hand out to their clients if those clients started selling coins and trying to cash out. In other words, there's no protection against a "run on the bank" with these exchanges, and no government FDIC type insurance backing them up so if a significant fraction of crypto holders ever tried to all cash out at once, the crash in price will occur more precipitously than it does with stock or real currency.

So yeah there's not a trillion dollars "worth" of crypto; but there's totally several trillion of theoretical market value, which crypto-heads absolutely treat as if it were real money.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 21, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I know it’s dumb and not real but shucks howdy do I wish I got in on this dumb bitcoin train in the beginning.

Tens of thousands of free dollars would have been nice.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

fsif posted:

I can promise I am rooting for the total and complete decimation of anything crypto-related, but too many people with too much fiat money want to make it A Thing so it will probably just stay A Thing.

loving same. I’d kill for Bitcoin to drop back to like $1,000, but I just don’t think it’ll ever happen unless the US outright bans it or something.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I know it’s dumb and not real but shucks howdy do I wish I got in on this dumb bitcoin train in the beginning.

Tens of thousands of free dollars would have been nice.

If you had some bitcoin in 2009 and somehow managed to not lose it or have it stolen then yes, you would be alright. very few people actually did that except the criminals stealing them from everyone.

there are always bubbles you could make money in. Crypto speculation is no different than any other bubble, and in fact has already bulged out and popped many times in dramatic fashion over the years.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bird in a Blender posted:

loving same. I’d kill for Bitcoin to drop back to like $1,000, but I just don’t think it’ll ever happen unless the US outright bans it or something.

It's gonna disappear faster than you think with the mandatory KYC stuff people have to start doing jan 2024. it sucks that the reg process for that is so drawn out, but a massive amount of the money involved is going to disappear before then because they do not want to report anything to federal authorities for obvious reasons.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you had some bitcoin in 2009 and somehow managed to not lose it or have it stolen then yes, you would be alright. very few people actually did that except the criminals stealing them from everyone.

there are always bubbles you could make money in. Crypto speculation is no different than any other bubble, and in fact has already bulged out and popped many times in dramatic fashion over the years.

My daffodils time to shine is soon! Tulips have had their day!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's gonna disappear faster than you think with the mandatory KYC stuff people have to start doing jan 2024. it sucks that the reg process for that is so drawn out, but a massive amount of the money involved is going to disappear before then because they do not want to report anything to federal authorities for obvious reasons.

I hope you’re right. Also hoping the fed raises rates because the cheap money has fueled these high prices too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That’s not finding the equivalent but instead explaining the jokes. So slight difference.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/hello__caitlin/status/1484672842813693952

They replaced the Meatloaf tweet with this shortly after

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1484678791498645504

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Playing AC:Odyssey while I wait for the new Horizon to come out and heh there’s a guy named Elpenor

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/shawsam/status/1484656755619491841

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I dunno I'm still remembering when buttcoin crashed to $5K and welp

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Made some tacos for dinner tonight. They came out well, I thought.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hard to mess up a taco

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Tulips forever

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Hard to mess up a taco

You say that but the dude I dated who a)stuck his dick in a toaster oven and b) never drained his pasta because he didn't understand the concept of sauce once made tacos and hosed it up because he burnt the ground beef didn't use any seasoning at all, and mixed together canned diced tomatoes and corn as a salsa.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Dick in the toaster is the least offensive thing in that description

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Tulalip Tulips posted:

never drained his pasta

what the gently caress? so like.. pasta soup?