Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
The aliens sure are gonna be weirded out by our records on evolutionary history.

Looks like the 2022 midterm debates. From hospital beds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mauser posted:

hey could I get a link to the american comedian trying to explain what he's seeing in a cricket match? I can't figure out how to search for this on youtube

It's "Reg Explains Cricket" and as far as I can tell it's been scrubbed from the internet.

Here's some you can use with the new twitter developments

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm not cool enough to post on twitter. what is the connotation of a hexagon avatar?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm not cool enough to post on twitter. what is the connotation of a hexagon avatar?

It's a new thing where non flushable turds can get their ape jpeg as a verified profile picture and it has a hexagonal border to indicate that.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

theflyingexecutive posted:

non flushable turds

I just laughed hard enough to scare my cat away

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

non flushable turds

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
So besides being able to use any image as hexagonal profile pic by minting your own NFT (which is apparently very easy), what's stopping people from just putting up a non-NFT image with a border that makes it look hexagonal?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Steve Holt! posted:

So besides being able to use any image as hexagonal profile pic by minting your own NFT (which is apparently very easy), what's stopping people from just putting up a non-NFT image with a border that makes it look hexagonal?

A sense of not wanting to be associated with the dumbest people on the planet

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Steve Holt! posted:

It's not going to look right with the top image on your main page! That's it.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Put up a heptagon. That'll drive the qanon people bonkers.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Make a Pentagon one and claim extra exclusivity

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What would be the reason TO do it?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Data Graham posted:

advertise that you're part of the club, I guess? All it does for me is indicates the person is either an idiot or a grifter or an idiot grifter

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Steve Holt! posted:

Nothing at all. Someone immediately put up a tool to generate the hexagons for you. https://noiob.github.io/hexagon.html

Hihohe posted:

A sense of not wanting to be associated with the dumbest people on the planet

Also this.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Steve Holt! posted:

It is actually trivially easy to mint an NFT, but assuming that Twitter is associated with the Etherium blockchain your minimum cost in transaction fees to create an NFT will be around 75-100 bucks. The price is not fixed and totally variable, because crypto is the world's stupidest idea.

Fun fact: You can just mint an NFT of any image you like, so you could copy some lazy lion or bored ape guy's NFT, mint your own NFT with that image, and then get in their replies and piss them off. It might be funny, but not worth 70 bucks funny.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

non flushable turds

lol

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Trolling crypto dweebs by using THEIR APE in replies

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

not even close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOIiaCu8C4Q

a capybara would kill you for the sheer joy of it

That's the capybara equivelent of two drunk guys outside a bar that aren't ever going to really get into it but also whose egos won't let them walk away

contrast that with Angry Death Catto

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

What do you have against hugs?

look, they're smiling

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jestery posted:

Yeah that frog cartoon was significantly better than expected

Feels like the only way they could get exposure to their frankly impressive work is to lean into the frog

The Only thing than even got close to pinging my altright bullshit was a cis couple enjoying a sunrise, but they are soon obliterated by the sun

So yeah, it definitely feels post alt-right usage

How would you know that they were cis?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

cult_hero posted:

It's some kind of fish?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqWECQz-GY

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Platystemon posted:

As a musician, I can tell by how they're posed

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Some parental venting via meme:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Platystemon posted:

Fair cop, that is a bit of projection/bias on my end , and with the inability enter the video and ask the frogs I am having to lean on visual shorthand that could ultimately reinforce trad gender iconography.

Point stands that if this is the quibble that we can be pulled from it it's a far cry from the, one note , strawman wojacks you might expect from something heavily featuring Pepe the frog

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Jestery posted:

Fair cop, that is a bit of projection/bias on my end , and with the inability enter the video and ask the frogs I am having to lean on visual shorthand that could ultimately reinforce trad gender iconography.

Didn't you hear about the chemicals they put into the water, and what it did to the frogs?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

We can check the skeletons after they've been dissolved and see if there are boob bones

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Scholtz posted:

Didn't you hear about the chemicals they put into the water, and what it did to the frogs?

Thats-bait.webm

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Brawnfire posted:

As a musician, I can tell by how they're posed

Because I'm familiar with transpositions

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Jestery posted:

Point stands that if this is the quibble that we can be pulled from it it's a far cry from the, one note , strawman wojacks you might expect from something heavily featuring Pepe the frog

I mean, also it's by the original author, who is on record as being pissed off that it got co-opted by nazis.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Hyperlynx posted:

I mean, also it's by the original author, who is on record as being pissed off that it got co-opted by nazis.

For sure I'm not disputing that

And that makes absolute sense given the content of the video

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Was there even a single animation of Pepe pulling his pants all the way down to go pee in that video?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

And if having external testes contributes to your dysphoria, talk to your healthcare provider about undergoing a procedure to

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Busket Posket posted:

And if having external testes contributes to your dysphoria, talk to your healthcare provider about undergoing a procedure to

:golfclap:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem