Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Corporate Mundo is Gordon Gekko confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

QSS get out of Mordekaiser's ult which doesn't make much sense tbh

They are just keeping to the legacy of his ult being cleansable like the old days.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

When does Zeri become available for purchase?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

When does Zeri become available for purchase?

New characters usually drop around 6 PM EST, so I'd imagine then

Pretty excited to try and jam her every game, she looks cool. I guess worst case I'll play more Ezreal

strong bird
May 12, 2009

vile

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDXCgs5SRfw

Watched some high elo Zeri and she seems to suck pretty much, entirely too conditional to deal damage in a fight with the "proposed" build (kraken-essence) - good if you can free hit.

Debating running it down in some ranked with her

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jerkface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDXCgs5SRfw

Watched some high elo Zeri and she seems to suck pretty much, entirely too conditional to deal damage in a fight with the "proposed" build (kraken-essence) - good if you can free hit.

Debating running it down in some ranked with her

Didn't get the chance to play her tonight, but I did get to watch someone run it down mid insanely hard into irelia, and another completely fail to jungle with her.

Also lots of people banning her in normal draft which is always kind of wild to me

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

So many people think 'this champion is bad (because this is the first day she's been out and no one knows how to play her) and therefore I will ban her to prevent my allies from playing her even though this is a game mode in which wins and losses hold no material reward (because I like winning and would micromanage my entire team if I could)'.

It's the same sort of thing that people do where they look up their allies in champ select and ragequit if someone is hovering a champion they have a 40% winrate on (because they played 10 games on that champion and won 4 of them).

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I played a handful of games of her tonight and she's definitely weird enough that it's gonna take people a minute to figure her out, but if she does turn out to be weak i could definitely see them giving her some hp in some form because oh my god she is SO squishy even by adc standards

as a champion though she rocks, i nearly got a pentakill on her and when you get lost in the sauce in a teamfight as her its a really great feeling

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
they didn't need to give her Q 825 range

that's just dumb

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
made it to 628 stacks with my dog NASUS

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Hellioning posted:

So many people think 'this champion is bad (because this is the first day she's been out and no one knows how to play her) and therefore I will ban her to prevent my allies from playing her even though this is a game mode in which wins and losses hold no material reward (because I like winning and would micromanage my entire team if I could)'.

It's the same sort of thing that people do where they look up their allies in champ select and ragequit if someone is hovering a champion they have a 40% winrate on (because they played 10 games on that champion and won 4 of them).

I just enjoy preventing people from having their fun. Banned Akshan when he was new, too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

you play mobas because you want to win, and when Gamers lose they get upset. if you ban zeri then a Gamer is likely to feel like he lost before the match starts, which is basically a personal win even if you lose the actual match

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The best way to pick a main is deciding what makes the other team's life most miserable.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

njsykora posted:

The best way to pick a main is deciding what makes the other team's life most miserable.

That's the driving force behind teemo players at least

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Elvis_Maximus posted:

That's the driving force behind teemo players at least

Yep

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

njsykora posted:

Isn't that the basis of every multiplayer game? At least its where I get my enjoyment.

Yes I play teemo, why do you ask?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i pick mains that look cool

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

njsykora posted:

I prefer to make people's lives miserable in the game, not before it.

That's why I play Rammus.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

pog boyfriend posted:

Yes, Teemo with the bee costume.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

pog boyfriend posted:

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

What, you don't like making other people miserable?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I like having fun

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

And some people have fun by making other people miserable. Don't kinkshame.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's not even "making them miserable", it's temporarily inconveniencing them, and some people throw absolutely colossal meltdowns over being temporarily inconvenienced and it's hilarious to watch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I remember like 5+ years ago the most in demand role was ADC so congratulations Riot for introducing enough champs that when I auto fill its always into ADC because those people smoothly moved onto playing assassins and ADC is left with ???

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

ADC is the worst role to solo queue. You have to be so far ahead of everyone else to carry a bad team and even then you can still get solo killed by supports, losing mid\tops or junglers.

I dont think they are ever gonna do anything about it either because of how competitive play works.

I lost my promos 0-3 despite being massively ahead in 2 games and even but good in 1 game due to the solo lanes losing enough that the opposing champ has half an item less than me so that means they kill me instantly. Way too team dependent or you need to duo to effectively coordinate ways to push your leads. Had a game where we had constant bot prio and kept pinging drag when pushing enemy bot into tower but our jungler just refused to come bot side and we lost to enemy dragon soul.

Suck rear end role but I can't quit my stupid little dumbass marksmen

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh neat I've now had to deal with Yasuo in bot lane multiple times. Love it. Fun. gently caress this champ

Edit: to be clear this is not ranked so its blind, so I didn't know I should have grabbed leona or some other diver.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Yasuo bot is cancer I just ban yasuo every time because you can punish him as hard as you want pre level 3 but eventually he will have boots 2 and can just run your rear end down and windwall fucks you for the entire length of time it takes to all in. If your jungler isnt ganking him constantly he will get to scale because he has a support baby sitting him. Sucks too because if you're even or only slightly ahead you cannot safely side lane vs him so you can't even match and it allows their support to roam while your support has to babysit you to farm.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
The wind shitters got buffed this patch because cringebow got nerfed and how DARE yasuo and yone be below 50% overall winrate lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jerkface posted:

I dont think they are ever gonna do anything about it either because of how competitive play works.

It's not so much competitive play as it is a matter of agency. I'd have to dig through their developer blog to find it, but one of them made a post summarizing their philosophy, which is that it's really hard to play against a fed ADC that has a high amount of individual agency due to their primary form of damage being effectively unavoidable. They've made the role feel insufficient on its own by design to deemphasize individual ADC agency and require them to play more with their team, which helps to mitigate the unfairness of them being able to just right click you to death from long range.

Zeri is an interesting viewport into what I think they'd do if they had a chance to go back in time and completely redo the role. She has a lot of personal agency built into her kit, something that's allowed because 90% of her autos have to be directionally aimed and can be blocked by anyone so inclined. The margin for you to gently caress up - or for the enemy team to play cleverly and block your shots - is much higher than, say, Jinx, so she's allowed to have a ridiculously good wallslide and a bunch of utility.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I get that point but there is plenty of mid or top lane damage that is functionally unavoidable and they don't get the same treatment. Like as an adc how am I supposed to avoid a fed hecarim or talon or zeds or irelias or jaxs damage? not be within 3 screen lengths of them at all times?

It's a dumb argument imo like most of riots reasonings for things

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jerkface posted:

I get that point but there is plenty of mid or top lane damage that is functionally unavoidable and they don't get the same treatment. Like as an adc how am I supposed to avoid a fed hecarim or talon or zeds or irelias or jaxs damage? not be within 3 screen lengths of them at all times?

It's a chicken-and-egg thing. Mages are allowed to have powerful CC and some solid defensive itemization - personal agency, in other terms - because most of their damage is avoidable, which is what lets them survive against the Hecarims and Irelias of the world when an ADC cannot.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

ADCs should get the same treatment as every other class because most of their damage comes from being well within the kill radius of every other class. And is autoing someone 5+ times to kill them really any worse than say getting hit by 1 lux Q and being instakilled. Damage has creeped so high over the years and with runes reforged that dealing "unavoidable" damage but at laughable #s is not overpowered.

Disagree on Zeri she does not actually have much personal agency, her escape has an insanely long CD and so it's good approximately one time unlike say Talon who can cross the entire map. In every other respect she just dies instantly like a normal ADC. She is like Lucian or Ezreal in that she can be "safer" in certain situations but that's about it.

Bruisers and assassin's get to deal as much if not more damage than ADCs and absorb 4x as much damage. Ap mages can delete ADCs without even hitting all their skills. All the good itemization for ADCs gets hard nerfed every 3 patches because some dickhead bruiser abuses it.

It blows and competitive is absolutely the driving factor for a lot of ADC balancing because of the way the role works only a select few ADCs get picked on comp and that hits one of riots balance meters, that and comp teams actually play around their bot lanes power well.

edit if they reworked all ADCs to be like Ezreal or zeri I'd be down for it

Edit2: Just to continue my rant, the game has moved so far beyond even needing marksmen as a role. Their primary purpose was to take objectives or kill tanks, dealing consistent damage and requiring their team to peel for them. In todays game mages & every other role can take towers & objectives just fine. Damage has creeped so far you do not need an ADC to deal consistent damage to kill anyone in the game. Most of ADC winrate & balance tends to come from the fact that people still play ADCs due to liking the playstyle/champions which naturally floats all their winrates around 50% due to 1 ADC having to win or lose each game. Despite this, the highest win rate champions in bot (on smaller # overall games sure) are AP mages (karthus, ziggs, sona/seraphine, veigar) or Yasuo.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 23, 2022

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Don't forget the only fun adc to play right now are the ones that can feel completely bullshit to your opponents such as vayne, Ezreal, Kai'sa

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Barudak posted:

Oh neat I've now had to deal with Yasuo in bot lane multiple times. Love it. Fun. gently caress this champ

Edit: to be clear this is not ranked so its blind, so I didn't know I should have grabbed leona or some other diver.

Sounds like it's time for Taric to make a comeback

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

riot has just been playing the really long game on bot lane so when they finally overhaul the whole thing no one gets upset

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah the AP mages doing best in bot lane is 0% surprising to me, and Yasuo is tailor made to absolutely gently caress up ADCs. The fantasy of an ADC auto attacking is basically limited to other ADCs and supports, because anybody else if they even look at you funny is gonna send you to the time out zone while doing 8 other things in 1/5th the time it would take you to auto them to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Barudak posted:

The fantasy of an ADC auto attacking is basically limited to other ADCs and supports

Supports isn't even true. There was a video on reddit of a 3 levels down blitzcrank solo killing Jhin as played by that high elo caitlyn guy from about 80 to 0. I can list a ton of supports that will straight up beat your rear end if you mess up: maokai, pyke, zyra, velkoz, xerath, lux, vex, brand, senna support (technically an ad :v), bard, morg, lulu, taric, zilean

A lot of these champs can quickly 100 to 0 you if you walk into them like if they are in the lane bush or whatever. Where as for the ADC to 100 to 0 them quickly you need to be giga fed at that point in the game. Like i've gotten super fed on Jhin and could 4 tap Brand or whatever, that always feels great, but at no point in that game was brand ever still not doing 80% of my HP with just his E and R. Its hosed!!!

Just had a funny game, we won thank god because my team was great, but the enemy jungle diana built NO MYTHIC ITEM - all legendary items, and was easily doing 80% of my health bar with ONLY E-W-Q. And not even hitting me with Q first, I'd dodge it and she'd still E me!! Thats unplayable, how do I dodge a point and click dash that guarantees she kills me!?!?

Now she could kill me in .5 seconds, could I auto her to death with my 3 items (Gale, IE, RFC) in .5 seconds? No. Could she AUTO ME to death in .5 seconds? Yes, she almost did it because her autos also loving hurt. She had way more Hp than me + zhonyas so if I somehow survived and kited back with flash + gale and auto'd her from RFC range she just zhonyas and then had a CD up that could kill me by the time she came out.