Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Add Louie Andersen to the list of celebrity obituaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Meat Loaf as well

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh my god is it really as dumb as "um, leap year, shitbrains. Obama was still president 5 years and 365 days ago"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

World Famous W posted:

Meat Loaf as well

Kelly Cartoon prediction:
He would do anything for love, but he won’t get vaxed.*

*Latest Fad

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Where are they? Is that a bar? Is that a sofa in the bar? Is that a giant window behind the bar?

I think it's one of those hipster coffee shops where all the liberals go to whisper about how much the dems suck and how much better Trump is.

No wonder I've never actually spotted one, I only ever traverse euclidean spaces.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Claims federal government redirected RAT supplies from businesses referred to ACCC (ABC). "The federal government has started reporting claims it diverted rapid antigen test (RAT) supplies away from companies to its national stockpile to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)."

Warren Brown:

Senior UK ministers head to Australia to cement defence and trade ties (Guardian). "Liz Truss and Ben Wallace aim to build on Aukus defence pact with Britain’s key ally". Also Morrison's attempt to get kids to drive forklifts to help with the supply crisis.

Dyson:

Le Lievre:

Mark McGowan announces delay to WA border opening amid fears Omicron will 'cripple' state (ABC). "The planned reopening of Western Australia's border to the rest of the world on February 5 will be delayed indefinitely, Premier Mark McGowan has announced."

Leak, Son of Leak:

I'm not sure what take the Australian is taking but it's about the fire lit at Old Parliament House in Canberra. Canberra police begin dismantling ‘sovereign citizens’ protest camp near Old Parliament House (Guardian). "Operation comes as two men allegedly involved in December protest granted bail by ACT magistrate who suggests 'get some good quality legal advice'."

Lethbridge:

"The Sunshine State" is Queensland; the Courier Mail is reporting how Queensland tourism is taking a massive hit as the US and Europe put Australia on the no-fly list due to the Omicron wave.

Moir:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson being asked to step down by David Davis – The PM’s fight for his political life – Operation Save Big Dog – took a knock when a leading Brexiter called for him to quit"

Telegraph:

Sue Gray finds all-important email that ‘confirms objections to Downing Street lockdown party’

Matt:

Tory MP Christian Wakeford defects to Labour, blaming PM’s ‘disgraceful’ conduct

Independent:

Tory whips accused of intimidating MPs who oppose Boris Johnson; After Calamity Jane.

Times:

Biden lays bare Nato divide over Russian aggression against Ukraine

Evening Standard:

Blackmail allegations need to be investigated, says Kwasi Kwarteng

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
drat that warhawk Biden, always lusting for war, why isn't he more firmly threatening war with Russia?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

This is the kind of visual metaphors I love. Though there should be poo poo dribbling down Murdoch's chin.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Oops! Accidental double post!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Henry Payne

What!? The lady M&M's aren't wearing high heels anymore!? THE WOKEOIDS HAVE STRUCK AGAIN!

Joel Pett

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Going Down
While Biden sinks in the polls he’s oblivious as to the reason thinking the GOP is out of touch.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Laughing harder at every entry than the previous

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies nomination: most easily reinterpreted

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Discendo Vox posted:

Kellies nomination: most easily reinterpreted

Seeing as how Payne always equates guy in big cars as the good guy, Biden is obviously good

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Wait I thought they said running people over was good

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Context: Terrorist and child murderer, Anders Behring-Breivik, had his first parole hearing recently. The concern was not that he would be released, but that he would use the hearing as a platform for his ideology.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I wish I could tell everyone to just not give him the screen time and it will automatically be his loss, but alas.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Not to defend a million-dollar company (or billion? I do not know) but this seems the fault of the Supreme Court, not Starbucks.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Nope.

I don't have the details on hand, but it was basically the government saying "all firms that have more than X employees have to have a vaccine mandate, because OSHA," and the SC struck that down.

But on the other hand, Starbucks (and others) COULD have a vaccine mandate for employees, it's just not mandatory. But they choose not to.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mikl posted:

Nope.

I don't have the details on hand, but it was basically the government saying "all firms that have more than X employees have to have a vaccine mandate, because OSHA," and the SC struck that down.

But on the other hand, Starbucks (and others) COULD have a vaccine mandate for employees, it's just not mandatory. But they choose not to.

I get all my news from political cartoons, thank you for the more detailed precis. I thought Starbucks had a mandate and the court had stepped in to ban it.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
à propos of precisely dick, can someone link me to the cartoon or preferably the article on how Obama's supermajority miraculously shrunk by precisely ten overnight when the pubic option was suddenly feasible by ten fewer votes via reconciliation? I can't seem to find it in my browser history for the life of me.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 22, 2022

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Mr. Squishy posted:

I get all my news from political cartoons, thank you for the more detailed precis. I thought Starbucks had a mandate and the court had stepped in to ban it.
literally half of me bro

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Entrance only for persons over 18 years of age

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The virgin starbucks and the chad carhartt

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Raised By Birds posted:

What!? The lady M&M's aren't wearing high heels anymore!? THE WOKEOIDS HAVE STRUCK AGAIN!

So is there a right wing media listserv or something? Who runs it?
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1484723825606479872?t=9ubwMoFp0ykyNtPHVUniuw

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Absolutely unhinged.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There is definitely a right-wing messaging network. It's called Stormfront.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

“Tucker Carlson wants to gently caress the M&Ms” is not something I had to wake up to today.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Islamic Shock posted:

à propos of precisely dick, can someone link me to the cartoon or preferably the article on how Obama's supermajority miraculously shrunk by precisely ten overnight when the pubic option was suddenly feasible by ten fewer votes via reconciliation? I can't seem to find it in my browser history for the life of me.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

So is there a right wing media listserv or something? Who runs it?
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1484723825606479872?t=9ubwMoFp0ykyNtPHVUniuw

Gettin' real mad about the sex appeal of *checks notes* anthropomorphic chocolate

Jigsaw fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 22, 2022

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Starting to think we need a Kellies category for worst "Any Day Now" comic. Be it the prosecution of Trump that is never going to happen, or the "inevitable" nuclear war that Ramirez sometimes thinks is right around the corner. Just any comic convinced that something which will never happen is right around corner of happening.

Fake edit: Hell, may as well
Kellies Nomination: Worst Any Day Now cartoon

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

It's sort of extra tragic because I'm pretty sure this is the first cartoon Bennett's done in a while that's got more going on than 'here's an object with a label on it or maybe a caption i dunno what do you want from me.'

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Keep in mind M&Ms intentionally did this to get attention. Their social media has posts like “Oh, did we break the internet :smug:

Love Capitalism. Just absolutely love it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Islamic Shock posted:

the pubic option

definitely the most controversial part of obamacare

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pants Donkey posted:

Keep in mind M&Ms intentionally did this to get attention. Their social media has posts like “Oh, did we break the internet :smug:

Love Capitalism. Just absolutely love it.

Yup. It's dumb as Hell, and it's even dumber that it worked.

Have they even shown what the new m&m designs will be?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s like what Gillette did all those years ago, maybe at some point the average consumer will be too savvy to fall for it but we’re not there yet!

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yup. It's dumb as Hell, and it's even dumber that it worked.

Have they even shown what the new m&m designs will be?

Yes, they look exactly the same except brown has shorter broader heels, green has sneakers, and their limbs are white and slightly-tinted to match their candy shell instead of being Caucasian human flesh tone. The accompanying write-up talking about "representation" was tailor made to get everyone talking about and making dumb jokes about nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Remember when Mr. Peanut became a baby, or when the Hamburgler turned sexy. George Soros did that to undermine American cukture.