Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

D34THROW posted:

In Maryland there were hours requirements, even as a late 25 year old bloomer. When we moved, I transferred my MD permit to a FL permit. To upgrade that I merely had to do a road test on a closed course. :v:

Who the gently caress ever needs to back 50 feet in a straight line but getaway drivers

Anybody who ever had to deliver to the loading dock of the wal-mart I used to work at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
British pensioners who have driven the wrong way up a one way street and are doing the reversing of shame.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

D34THROW posted:

In Maryland there were hours requirements, even as a late 25 year old bloomer. When we moved, I transferred my MD permit to a FL permit. To upgrade that I merely had to do a road test on a closed course. :v:

Who the gently caress ever needs to back 50 feet in a straight line but getaway drivers

You've never encountered my driveway. Right Angle turn, then long reverse up a steep hill.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
The number of delivery drivers who are unable to even point the rear end end of a semi vaguely towards the door that they need to unload to in the last several months has been increasing. Most just pull straight across our shop doors, then ask that basically my while team working drop what they're doing in order to form a human chain in order to unload my tire delivery.

Our shop faces the parking lot, but it's probably 60-70' from the garage doors to the start of the parking spaces. Most of the time the drivers pull all the way across, and then back up to angle the trailer to point towards the last door, and roll tires off the trailer and into the open door.

I straight up had one guy refuse to even try, and just dumped 70 tires into the parking lot and then stood outside to roll them towards the delivery door. It was 5°F outside that day, and it took this guy 45 minutes to finish unloading. Normally a load like that takes maybe 10 minutes to unload and sort if they can roll them straight from the trailer through the delivery door, and only takes the driver rolling tires off and one guy from the shop to sort and stack.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah I worked in a warehouse smack in the middle of a small city with narrow streets years ago, long before the pandemic, and at least half the delivery drivers were totally unable to get their trailer backed up to the dock in less than an hour, and probably 20% were unable to do it at all and gave up and left. We would remind every carrier AN INEXPERIENCED DRIVER WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET TO OUR DOCK but most of them didn't give a gently caress, probably because they didn't have any experienced drivers available.

That was before the pandemic. The truck driver situation was dire then. It's much worse now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
As a delivery driver who does not drive a semi, I would like to extend a full gently caress You to the people who design parking lots without deliveries in mind. So many places I go to, small little parking lots without any place to park anything larger than a Prius.

I did have a manager once get mad at me for blocking off some work bays; when I pointed out the alternatives were to park in the street or him not get the delivery, he told me to park in the handicapped spots. Yeah, not gonna happen. I don't need someone taking a pic of my van in a handicapped spot and it going viral.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

As a delivery driver who does not drive a semi, I would like to extend a full gently caress You to the people who design parking lots without deliveries in mind. So many places I go to, small little parking lots without any place to park anything larger than a Prius.

I did have a manager once get mad at me for blocking off some work bays; when I pointed out the alternatives were to park in the street or him not get the delivery, he told me to park in the handicapped spots. Yeah, not gonna happen. I don't need someone taking a pic of my van in a handicapped spot and it going viral.

God, do I feel this. I might not be driving a semi, but I still need a little more room to turn around.

Condo developments, though. I can't imagine even owning a pickup and living in some of these places.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

I appreciate the day to day effort all truck drivers put in getting around no matter how big or small after witnessing a massive semi jack-knife it in front of our loading dock on his first visit to our store and get it stuck for 3 hours. Having the load chilling out the front for that long without receiving it is probably the only time I've heard of us copping a call from the big dogs at head office directly to roast us.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Keep in mind that insurance companies can act as de facto regulators. Very few companies will write policies on new truck drivers, and those that do mandate training standards well above what it takes to get the license. Most new drivers start out at large companies that can self-insure to an extent, so they are big enough to sue if the drivers cause a major accident. Also, the most difficult part of truck driving is maneuvering in tight spaces such as loading docks, and the accidents that occur there very rarely result in injuries.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Work actually called in advance to tell me I don't have to come in Monday. Very sus.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

dovetaile posted:

Work actually called in advance to tell me I don't have to come in Monday. Very sus.

Congrats you've been fired! Collect whatever you're entitled to and good luck in finding something better.

Edit: I don't know anything but yeah super sus. Not asking people to come in when they seem to be begging for any warm body? Very odd.

Ashye fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 23, 2022

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I finally did it, a video on Food 4 Less ranting about how lovely they were for an hour and 40 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5lFOrOD0fM

The food quality I've posted often in here, but I've sat down and crunched numbers and go into detail about how much the ESOP has completely hosed over the floor level employees.

The loss of Sunday pay in 2021 and the raise I got to "make up" would earn me an extra 680ish dollars. Between April and July they cut enough of my hours that I lost 918. That is just what I had pictures of schedules of, and I know drat well I had hours cut in March and they would've continued cutting after July. And the loss of Sunday pay, when I've worked every Sunday before I quit and would most likely work the rest, meant that I would lose another 2,850 bucks.

The health care cost change for 2022 would cost me an extra 120 for 10 months and 18 for 2 months, for an additional loss of 1,500 bucks. Someone who has spouse/children on the health insurance would pay up to 560 bucks for 10 months, 840 for 2 months.

All this cutting happens when there is a store across the way offering 20/hr. I was told I was gonna start getting write ups for the sole purpose of being denied raises. This is because the ESOP program is a literal bounty on chasing off employees so the guy who was already in charge before the sell off and remained in charge after the sell off can get a bigger retirement fund when he inevitably leaves in a few years.

Pretty sure I just ensured I'll never be hired in retail when a potential employer searches me up and finds this, but gently caress it.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ashye posted:

Congrats you've been fired! Collect whatever you're entitled to and good luck in finding something better.

Edit: I don't know anything but yeah super sus. Not asking people to come in when they seem to be begging for any warm body? Very odd.

Oh we have payroll problems every week and have been told numerous times that we don't have the hours but they usually just cut you from the schedule and don't tell you. I work the Fitting Room and corporate has said we can't close it except for "Act of God" (which is a whole 'nother rant) so they probably have somebody else to work it but I doubt it.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Leal posted:

I finally did it, a video on Food 4 Less ranting about how lovely they were for an hour and 40 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5lFOrOD0fM

The food quality I've posted often in here, but I've sat down and crunched numbers and go into detail about how much the ESOP has completely hosed over the floor level employees.

The loss of Sunday pay in 2021 and the raise I got to "make up" would earn me an extra 680ish dollars. Between April and July they cut enough of my hours that I lost 918. That is just what I had pictures of schedules of, and I know drat well I had hours cut in March and they would've continued cutting after July. And the loss of Sunday pay, when I've worked every Sunday before I quit and would most likely work the rest, meant that I would lose another 2,850 bucks.

The health care cost change for 2022 would cost me an extra 120 for 10 months and 18 for 2 months, for an additional loss of 1,500 bucks. Someone who has spouse/children on the health insurance would pay up to 560 bucks for 10 months, 840 for 2 months.

All this cutting happens when there is a store across the way offering 20/hr. I was told I was gonna start getting write ups for the sole purpose of being denied raises. This is because the ESOP program is a literal bounty on chasing off employees so the guy who was already in charge before the sell off and remained in charge after the sell off can get a bigger retirement fund when he inevitably leaves in a few years.

Pretty sure I just ensured I'll never be hired in retail when a potential employer searches me up and finds this, but gently caress it.

dang dude I don't think we've ever had as many problems with produce as you had. most of the time when we have to throw stuff out it's because our stupid dumbshit district coordinator sends us a distro of, like, a watermelon bin of onions.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rainbow Knight posted:

dang dude I don't think we've ever had as many problems with produce as you had. most of the time when we have to throw stuff out it's because our stupid dumbshit district coordinator sends us a distro of, like, a watermelon bin of onions.

The sad thing is that isn't even all the pictures I had, I didn't even talk about things like pineapple leaves that were moldy and would attract fruit flies (though I show the picture when I talk about how I want gloves if I'm touching produce this rotten), or how the warehouse would put yellow bananas under green ones so we would assume the entire pallet was green and put all the green ones up, just to get to some extremely ripe yellow ones at the end. Or how our 25 pound bags of carrots would often have moldy carrots inside and management said we are to poke holes in the bags and take the carrots out, then tape them shut

I really thought this would only be like half an hour, but there is just so many examples and stuff I need to explain that it ballooned in length.

E: Also I'd like to stress, this is the amount of crap between April and July last year.

Leal fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 23, 2022

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

dovetaile posted:

Oh we have payroll problems every week and have been told numerous times that we don't have the hours but they usually just cut you from the schedule and don't tell you. I work the Fitting Room and corporate has said we can't close it except for "Act of God" (which is a whole 'nother rant) so they probably have somebody else to work it but I doubt it.

Meanwhile we’ve just kept the fitting room shut for almost every day except for the day we had an lp visit.

I’m sure we’ll get in trouble for it someday

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Man I wish I'd started a Captain Invictus style "poo poo I've seen" thread forever ago. Since I work at Amazon itself I see the junk before it goes into the boxes so I've seen so much crap. The issue is these days hardly anything registers to me, I'm just too jaded.

Like the recent kitty-fart coloring book CI posted? Old news to me.

Edit: This isn't to brag or anything. It's more of a cry for help. I'm broken and it takes a truly ridonculous sex toy, something truly outrageous (I angrily lost it when I got a bunch of colloidal silver pills to pack near the beginning of the pandemic) or someone else has a hilarious reaction to something (when someone else gets their first sex toy is always great) for me to really notice it.

Amazon sells so much literal trash

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 23, 2022

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
You could just post about stuff that would mess with old you.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

PitViper posted:

The number of delivery drivers who are unable to even point the rear end end of a semi vaguely towards the door that they need to unload to in the last several months has been increasing. Most just pull straight across our shop doors, then ask that basically my while team working drop what they're doing in order to form a human chain in order to unload my tire delivery.

Our store had a side dock, it was a bit cramped but nothing crazy. There was even a little gravel drive to a shack owned by the railroad in line with the dock. We had drivers take 45 minutes to get into dock. I don't understand it at all, I've looked at our DC on google maps, it's the usual wall-o-docks. How the gently caress do these jokers get into a specified dock with a trailer on each side when they can't do it in an open lot?

Years ago when I was an associate a driver was taking so long the unload manager had us all go stand outside and watch. The guy got so pissed about that.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
you should get those ice skating number scorecards for everyone to hold up

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

RoboRodent posted:

Condo developments, though. I can't imagine even owning a pickup and living in some of these places.

This is on purpose, the condo people don't want the people who would drive a pickup in there.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
One of the septuagenarian clerks at my post office is retiring in March after the next cost of living adjustment goes through. Once she's gone, her bid will be vacant and the other full-time clerks will shuffle around until they've moved into different bids if they're looking to get a different schedule. When that's over, there will be a vacant bid and I'll promote into it. Probably in April, maybe sooner if another full-timer that's absolutely gone bananas either transfers out or quits.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Star Man posted:

One of the septuagenarian clerks at my post office is retiring in March after the next cost of living adjustment goes through. Once she's gone, her bid will be vacant and the other full-time clerks will shuffle around until they've moved into different bids if they're looking to get a different schedule. When that's over, there will be a vacant bid and I'll promote into it. Probably in April, maybe sooner if another full-timer that's absolutely gone bananas either transfers out or quits.

Good luck man!

Tuesday night I came into something of a mess. Not a huge deal, life happens, but I was curious why there were a bunch of un-sorted totes off of the line near me and someone had hand-written a bunch of instructions down. I asked and apparently my days counterpart went home early to she could start a long weekend early (good on her!) so they replaced her with someone else who wasn't as good.

...Who apparently left only an hour or so after that and was replaced by someone who'd never ever been on the station ever.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Mini has 100% found what she wants to do in life, maybe not packing round customers in the future but she's on triple teenagers minimum wage so she's prepared to deal with them till she reaches full minimum wage - although the way she's impressing the bosses with her enthusiasm I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being promoted so they can keep her.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Instead of paying for an Uber to get another driver a pick up from the rental station and to his van at the mechanic, I need to jet in an hour early.

We are slow right now but there's no reason this couldn't have been done yesterday afternoon, save the driver didn't want to deal with the paperwork.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Instead of paying for an Uber to get another driver a pick up from the rental station and to his van at the mechanic, I need to jet in an hour early.

We are slow right now but there's no reason this couldn't have been done yesterday afternoon, save the driver didn't want to deal with the paperwork.

Are you saying YOUR the Uber now so they don't have to pay for one? if so gently caress That.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Trastion posted:

This is on purpose, the condo people don't want the people who would drive a pickup in there.

This is a redneck city, every other person owns a pickup. My stepmother drives a pickup. I used to drive a pickup.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
This isn't thread related but perhaps you'll indulge me: for every purpose that isn't towing a trailer, are pickup trucks the least practical vehicle known to man, or is it just me? If you need to haul stuff a minivan with the back seat down has as much cargo space while also comfortably seating passengers, with the bonus that you don't have to do extra work to tie your poo poo down or cover it in rainy weather. If you need to haul a lot of stuff (like a ton of tools if you're a skilled laborer, say) then a full size work van beats a pickup coming and going.

The saturation of pickup trucks in every red or reddish area in the U.S. looks like a legendary triumph of marketing to me, marketing so successful over so long a period of time that it's saturated the culture. It seems to me like 80% of the people that own pickups do so for no practical purpose, it's just that the culture is that If You Don't Drive A Pickup You Ain't No Kinda Man.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Laborers and tradespeople, if they need to actually carry tools and building materials, drive vans (or 20+ year old pickups). Modern trucks are for cosplayers. It's not just red areas either - i live in Chicago and there's more colossal death machine pickup trucks than there were in the rural farm town i grew up in.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Eric the Mauve posted:

This isn't thread related but perhaps you'll indulge me: for every purpose that isn't towing a trailer, are pickup trucks the least practical vehicle known to man, or is it just me? If you need to haul stuff a minivan with the back seat down has as much cargo space while also comfortably seating passengers, with the bonus that you don't have to do extra work to tie your poo poo down or cover it in rainy weather. If you need to haul a lot of stuff (like a ton of tools if you're a skilled laborer, say) then a full size work van beats a pickup coming and going.

The saturation of pickup trucks in every red or reddish area in the U.S. looks like a legendary triumph of marketing to me, marketing so successful over so long a period of time that it's saturated the culture. It seems to me like 80% of the people that own pickups do so for no practical purpose, it's just that the culture is that If You Don't Drive A Pickup You Ain't No Kinda Man.

My parents bought me a used light pickup truck as my first car. Their reasoning was that it would prevent me from acting like a jackass the way I would in something like a mustang (which, for some reason, fully a quarter of my cohort seemed to drive), and it would make it more difficult to carry large amounts of my friends in the cab and thus be tempted into mischief. They were largely correct, but an unanticipated side effect was that I was the only kid in my group of friends that had a truck, so I would get invited to basically every group activity that needed a bunch of stuff hauled and I didn’t have to pay for gas. Later, when I had to drive across the state for school a few times a year, it was extremely handy for carrying all my stuff with me; ditto when I moved into my own place. It was a very useful vehicle for me, and I quite miss it. Full-sized pickups have never really had that much of an appeal to me, but that little light pickup was great.

I guess I should mention that I had a shell on it , though, which is probably the least cool looking thing in existence but great for carrying things.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Eric the Mauve posted:

We're buying a pickup truck because we moved to a more-rural area where we don't have trash pickup, and having to carry trash inside a vehicle kind of sucks. Aside from that, lots of areas to mulch, needing to do things like rent and move tractor attachments, other large things that wouldn't necessarily fit in a minivan. Plus other things. A lot of it could be done with a trailer but that gets impractical in some senses, and with where we live now, a pickup truck just makes more sense. It's going to be my wife's truck and she's anything but a truck person.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I want to know who the dumbass at Amazon is that shipped a package of Oreo cookies with a label and USPS tracking number and nothing else. No box, just the package like you would find it on a grocery store shelf and a label.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
idk about the rest of the world, but in the UK depending on the size of the box you may have to specify if you want Amazon packaging or not when you order. It started off with large electrical stuff that would be a pain in the arse to package and has crept into smaller and smaller items.

I live less than a mile away from one of the largest Amazon distribution centres in Europe (just off the M1 near the customs houses), AMA my growing ill feelings towards lorry drivers who come off a junction too early in the mistaken belief that it's a short cut.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

Star Man posted:

I want to know who the dumbass at Amazon is that shipped a package of Oreo cookies with a label and USPS tracking number and nothing else. No box, just the package like you would find it on a grocery store shelf and a label.

Computer says SIOC (Ships in own Container). Packer slaps label on item. No argue with computer, is rate loss.

It was actually probably supposed to be a box with multiple oreo packages sold as set but they for some reason opened it and just "packed" one out and sent the rest to problem solve (I saw this exact thing on my last shift).

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Toraen posted:

Computer says SIOC (Ships in own Container). Packer slaps label on item. No argue with computer, is rate loss.

It was actually probably supposed to be a box with multiple oreo packages sold as set but they for some reason opened it and just "packed" one out and sent the rest to problem solve (I saw this exact thing on my last shift).

I was gonna write up a giant post about it, and I think I did, but I was scatterbrained and either closed the tab or posted elsewhere in a random thread. So I'll write a new one. But Toraen's post is a good TL:DR.

Basically computer says SIOC. packer is new (either new hire or labor-share from some other department, likely inbound so their experience is with unloading trucks for example). Packer has been trained enough to recognize "SIOC" means "Slap barcode on item, throw on belt" which is true 90% of the time. Packer has NOT been trained enough to recognize "SIOC" actually means "Turn on your brain and think for a second".

Things I've pulled off of the line packers have tried to SIOC:
-Kids toys where the packaging is open so the kid can play with the toy in the toy aisle
-A plastic bag full of ping-pong balls
-A kid's swingset (complete with heavy aluminum chains) also in a plastic bag
-A coffee pot with minimal packing from the vendor (just a sturdy piece of paper wrapped around it with the vendor's mark/barcode printed on it) just rolling around on the belt
-So many items that were too small for the label printer.

Honestly though a good chunk of the fault also falls on the stower who put the item into inventory. Nabisco sells cases of oreos and other cookies they are beyond fine with sending as-is. The cases we get are basically the cases they send to retail stores and us shipping them as-is saves Amazon and Nabisco costs on packaging. The stower doesn't realize the case is supposed to be stored as one unit and opens it. Now each of the items inside are stored individually but the computer system labels them as each being a case. We call this a "Split Case". The converse is a "Master Pack" when the stower should have split the case open but didn't.

Picker picks the item out of inventory and weather or not they recognize it's a split case Pick has no problem-solve for issues below the level of "My station is on fire" or "The bottle of bleach has exploded in my hands" and rely on Pack to do all the sanity checking. It was in the pod they were told to look in, kinda-sorta matches the description, barcode scan makes the computer happy: it goes away!

And then the item gets to Pack where, as mentioned, Packer refuses to engage brain for the 2 seconds it takes to figure out "Should I send this as is?" Also Packer may have just been nagged about their rates so they're working extra hard to not think and/or being a malicious little poo poo (everyone does this now and then. Why yes I'll pack the single DVD in the biggest box we have with no dunnage because gently caress YOU).

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
The best part for stowers in traditional buildings: the traditional stow app does not display an image of the item. Just the title which no one is going to read entirely through (if it even fits entirely on the screen of the hand scanner). This is really dumb because the traditional pick app does manage to display image and title (it's just designed better).

Of course the stow app for the shiny new AR buildings does display an image, because it can use a full monitor.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

The solution to that:

Never work in a Non-AR Sort Building. That's just one of dozens of reasons why you should never, ever, EVER work in a Non-AR Sort building.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Just sitting standing at my station watching the drama play out over chime:

Smartpac Lead: "Machine 7-10 is broken."
Manager: "Noooooo!"
Smartpack Lead: "No wait it's fixed."
Manager: "Yaaaaay!"

Repeat this about five times throughout the night for machine 7-10. Also with other Smartpac machines going up and down as they break/are fixed. Including 6-08 coming back online which took nearly 24 hours to fix...and was still vomiting out deformed/conjoined packages after the maintenance crew declared it "fixed".

Finally at about 12:10 AM:
SmartPac Lead: "Packer on 7-10 is leaving at 1 AM. She's sick and tired of the machine breaking on her."
Manager: "Nooooo! Can we move her to another machine? Will she stay then?"
SmartPac Lead: "I'll check."
SmartPac Lead: "Sorry, can't find her."
Manager: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Alkydere posted:

Just sitting standing at my station watching the drama play out over chime:

Smartpac Lead: "Machine 7-10 is broken."
Manager: "Noooooo!"
Smartpack Lead: "No wait it's fixed."
Manager: "Yaaaaay!"

Repeat this about five times throughout the night for machine 7-10. Also with other Smartpac machines going up and down as they break/are fixed. Including 6-08 coming back online which took nearly 24 hours to fix...and was still vomiting out deformed/conjoined packages after the maintenance crew declared it "fixed".

Finally at about 12:10 AM:
SmartPac Lead: "Packer on 7-10 is leaving at 1 AM. She's sick and tired of the machine breaking on her."
Manager: "Nooooo! Can we move her to another machine? Will she stay then?"
SmartPac Lead: "I'll check."
SmartPac Lead: "Sorry, can't find her."
Manager: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Is all this sort of thing why none of my purchases ship for 1-2 weeks after I order them from Amazon these days? Like if I look for things to order right now, they'll all have a delivery day of between February 10 and February 15. It's not from transit time either, and I do have prime. There are things I ordered on January 15 that haven't shipped yet and show up as in-stock and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Oh no, that's because we're understaffed as all hell because No one wants to work.*

*Long abusive hours.**

**At the wages paid.***

***While we don't have one at my site, the Officially Designated Amazon Crying Booth is a real story and not an Onion article.