Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Things are going great over at Memphis

https://twitter.com/CassieCarlsonTV/status/1484361961542275073

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!
It's bad...
But then again, when duren score 1 point in the first half, that is ridiculous

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
At least NC State has a basketball team that can clutch a comeback. But it ain't the men's team.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

The Jumpoff posted:

At least NC State has a basketball team that can clutch a comeback. But it ain't the men's team.

it's pretty amazing what Wes Moore has built up with the women's program, which was respectable under Kay Yow but never among the best in the nation. Their two ACC titles have been the first by any Wolfpack team in a revenue sport since, debatably, baseball in 1992 (last women's bb title was 1991, the men haven't since 1987, and football was 1979).

They took a tough loss in the NCAAs last year (and obviously 2020 got wiped out) but I think everyone is very hopeful that this is the year they finally get back to the Final Four, or at least out of the Sweet 16 for the only time other than the miracle 1998 run.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

au-uk is sick as gently caress, turn it on

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

oh my loving god that pick and 3

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
UK losing both point guards for their 2 hardest road games so far is less than ideal. Losing Washington's offense turned this game around.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

That GW @ Rhode Island game was a lot of fun to watch. Cool seeing GW come back and win it (my SO went there and rarely gets an opportunity to watch them play)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
State hitting 65% of their shots and 64% of their 3s so far against UVA, I’m sure that’s sustainable.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

God the Clones are so bad on offense.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

lol how did KU pull that out

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

Felt like K-State just choked and panicked down the stretch there more than anything

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It was the largest come from behind at half victory in KU history. Bill Self's dad died before the game and he was rarely emotional about it.

https://twitter.com/kuhoops/status/1485043504460009474?s=21

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan State leading the Big Ten, loses to Northwestern.

Purdue, the highest ranked Big Ten team, loses to Indiana.

Indiana, fresh off that win, loses at home to Michigan.

BIG TEN

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
good lord this game is going to kill me

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Rock loving Chalk, also, holy poo poo, Tech fans, your team battles hard, absolutely terrifying, gonna remember poo poo like this when I'm filling out the bracket in March.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
USC is so big.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Rock loving Chalk, also, holy poo poo, Tech fans, your team battles hard, absolutely terrifying, gonna remember poo poo like this when I'm filling out the bracket in March.

Yesterday with the Chiefs and today with this has given me blood pressure issues

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003

kiimo posted:

Yesterday with the Chiefs and today with this has given me blood pressure issues

…. And kstate nail biter on Saturday. Past few days have been nuts for kc/ku fans

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
UCLA looks like a different team tonight, completely wrecking Arizona.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Okie state ISU has been tight all game. Let’s see how clones gently caress this up with 5 seconds to go.

Having a lane to the basket and instead losing control and going out of bounds is one way.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 27, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Holy poo poo the Clones won. They absolutely didn’t want to turning it over a bunch of times. Clones are terrible closing out tight games.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Purdue-Iowa going to have 35 combined fouls in the 2nd half at this rate

Iowa at the double bonus with 9+ minutes to go in the half lmao

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 28, 2022

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ColdBlooded posted:

Purdue-Iowa going to have 35 combined fouls in the 2nd half at this rate

Iowa at the double bonus with 9+ minutes to go in the half lmao

1.22 points per possession in spite of turning it over 18% of the time and shooting 10-22 from the freethrow line. Purdue's offense is ridiculous this year.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Oops, thought ISU game started later. Good to see Clones up comfortably.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

am I bored enough to watch the dreaded Illini tear apart northwestern

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gave up after northwestern managed to score like 3 field goals in about 12 minutes

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

gave up after northwestern managed to score like 3 field goals in about 12 minutes

26-21 in the second half. Neither team can score.

Is defense better all over or is it just me watching Iowa State a lot? It feels like scoring is down this year.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

On the one hand that was a loving flop. On the other hand , I can't blame a man for flopping right before a man that big hits you. It would have been a charge if he had hung in there a moment longer.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

every loving game. collins needs to go. Bring back carmody.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

cool game for me to piss in like a toilet

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Every home team has won in the big 12-SEC matchup so glad to see Kansas making GBS threads the bed at home.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

what is a defense? a miserable pile of secrets. but enough talk. time to lose in the phog.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!
Kentucky waxing Kansas was not something I expected to see today.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

should bill self go the way of coach k? more updates at 11. watch this space for the hottest takes imaginable.

Probably one of the worst things that ever happened to this program was losing Danny Manning so he could flounder and fail at Wake Forest because we've struggled mightily to recruit bigs ever since. There's an argument to be made that recruiting bigs isn't even desirable in the current NCAA climate, that Coach Cal recruiting for length every time hasn't really functioned well on an amateur basis, etc., but the alternative is Hit Your drat Three Pointers and Self has rarely been successful at getting the team in that direction. Kansas these days seems good enough to beat up on the Big XII but when it comes to any kind of actual stage, they wilt because they can't be one thing or another, the traditional 2 guard/2 wing/Team Titan makeup or Twin Towers makeup or Golden State Cosplay makeup. They get by with scrappy defense, and tonight shouldn't have been anything like this, but they rarely have length to defend against teams that should be in their weight division.

I don't know where we go from here, and it's one out of conference loss that I'm not sure is indicative of where this team is at all, but also, handing over our opponents an eight point lead to start every game is tiresome and getting out-recruited is tiresome and not figuring out a way to defend the perimeter for almost twenty years is tiresome. Or I'm just mad because it's Kentucky, the one fanbase I actually know people in other than UNC and Baylor. gently caress.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I've been on the road all day and was listening on the radio, but that made driving through Atlanta a lot more enjoyable.

Kentucky is really good when they are at full strength. Road losses to LSU and Auburn happened after losing one of the guards, and both were still close. The Notre Dame loss is really the only blip on the season so far.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It's just wild to see this Kansas team play with such grit against a Tech team I think is as good as anyone in the nation, including Kentucky, and win in overtime, and today just look so badly outclassed. Kentucky was playing well, but Kansas just had no defense communication whatsoever. I could accept a loss like this against some random team like TCU better because "trap game," but this was a matchup you expect the team to psyche themselves up over, on your home court, and this is what you put out on the court? Just... what the gently caress.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 30, 2022

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

It has been Extremely Wild to be an Auburn fan for the past few days.

Just this past week or so:

We beat Kentucky at home.

We get ranked #1 in the AP for the first time ever.

We squeak out a 1-point win at Mizzou somehow.

Our women's team, winless in SEC play so far, knocks off #4 Tennessee this past Thursday.

The next day, our gymnastics team beats Alabama at home, and Suni Lee (freshman at Auburn) performs her first all-around gymnastics competition since the Olympics.

Today we played a terrible game (according to our standards) and still beat Oklahoma by 18.

And Auburn Basketball Twitter remains undefeated:

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I am very sincerely asking you to please keep posting the absolute buck wild Auburn basketball memes. It’s an amazing marriage of Auburn football’s normal all gas no breaks operating model with the found money of being stellar in a sport with no emotional baggage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Rick Barnes trying to pull off a last second revenge win at Texas.

E: Nope, clanked the open three.