Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

To paraphrase Rumsfeld on the topics of self-chosen unilaterally escalated wars: “you send your proxy to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have”

So if neo Nazis are what you have then that’s what you arm it’s just realpolitik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Azathoth posted:

the amount of money the dems spent to get that empty suit into elected office is very funny

i think its funnier that the very white ossoff got the good seat that lasts for six years while warnock the black guy who georgia dems had actually heard of and liked got the lovely seat thats only good for two years

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Azathoth posted:

if we give the guns to the neonazis over there we dont have to give the guns to the neonazis over here

Well poo poo, I guess we are defunding the police.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Are Russia and Ukraine both fascist? I don't get out much.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PerniciousKnid posted:

whole world is fascist

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

PerniciousKnid posted:

Russia bc they are the bad guy

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Phone posted:

where’d you learn all this dumb poo poo? brioche tube?

was busy watching football but circling back on this excellent post to say lmao

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

General Bullshit posted:

So many law enforcement agencies are trying to arrest Donald Trump at once that they're all stuck in the gate outside his compound. There's dozens of officers smashed in the doorframe, unable to get in, with more piling up behind them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI0euMFAWF8

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1485056474296602624

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

sonatinas posted:

the invisible bridge which is Nixon to Reagan is good too

added to the queue

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

PerniciousKnid posted:

Russia & Ukraine both have a bunch of neonazis & suck hard

its funny because every reason given for why one should care about this tends to be "if Putin gets away with claiming Ukraine, he'll go for A country you might actually care about!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

stop posting the biden cum jar

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Neurolimal posted:

Russia & Ukraine both have a bunch of neonazis & suck hard

its funny because every reason given for why one should care about this tends to be "if Putin gets away with claiming Ukraine, he'll go for A country you might actually care about!

domino theory makin' a comeback

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the only domino theory I care about is "Domino's might be the best large pizza chain there is"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

biden cum starter

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Excelzior posted:

the only domino theory I care about is "Domino's might be the best large pizza chain there is"

wtf

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Excelzior posted:

pizza hut, 'cuz if you're gonna fill up on garbage then it should taste like garbage

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

PeterCat posted:

90 tons isn't much of anything.

It's like 2 M1 tanks.

1 year supply of food for 90 people

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the detractors are loud, but I'm still in favor of teaching the controversy

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

dominos little cesars pizza hut, are there any more? they all suck

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Foo Diddley posted:

pizza hut, 'cuz if you're gonna fill up on garbage then it should taste like garbage

If you're gonna fill up on garbage, Godfathers is where it's at.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

Pobrecito posted:

look starving the unvaccinated and stealing their kids is the only idea i have to get them vaxxed. if you're so smart why don't you come up with an idea that will ensure 100% compliance with vaccines

keep thinking about that post

and how all of the unvaxxed I know grew up with childless aunties who were forcibly sterilized in government operated clinics in the 70's

and grew up with grandparents who were kidnapped by the government as children and sent hundreds of miles away to boarding schools where they were beaten for speaking their language and practicing their culture

and grew up knowing the federal government did their best to genocide their ancestors

wondering which method will convince them to get vaxxed. starving them? stealing their children? denying them lifesaving medical procedures?

many thoughts

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Presented for your perusal: Joe Biden really is the modern FDR

quote:

The fog of despair hung over the land. One out of every four American workers lacked a job. Factories that had once darkened the skies with smoke stood ghostly and silent, like extinct volcanoes. Families slept in tarpaper shacks and tin-lined caves and scavenged like dogs for food in the city dump. In October the New York City Health Department had reported that over one-fifth of the pupils in public schools were suffering from malnutrition. Thousands of vagabond children were roaming the land, wild boys of the road. Hunger marchers, pinched and bitter, were parading cold streets in New York and Chicago. On the countryside unrest had already flared into violence. Farmers stopped milk trucks along Iowa roads and poured the milk into the ditch. Mobs halted mortgage sales, ran the men from the banks and insurance companies out of town, intimidated courts and judges, demanded a moratorium on debts. When a sales company in Nebraska invaded a farm and seized two trucks, the farmers in the Newman Grove district organized a posse, called it the “Red Army,” and took the trucks back. In West Virginia, mining families, turned out of their homes, lived in tents along the road on pinto beans and black coffee.6

In January, Edward A. O’Neal, an Alabama planter, head of the Farm Bureau Federation, bluntly warned a Senate committee, “Unless something is done for the American farmer we will have revolution in the countryside within less than twelve months.” Donald Richberg, a Chicago lawyer, told another Senate committee a few weeks later, “There are many signs that if the lawfully constituted leadership does not soon substitute action for words, a new leadership, perhaps unlawfully constituted, will arise and act.” William Green, the ordinarily benign president of the ordinarily conservative American Federation of Labor, told a third committee that if Congress did not enact a thirty-hour law, labor would compel employers to grant it “by universal strike.” “Which would be class war, practically?” interrupted Senator Hugo Black. “Whatever it would be,” said Green, “it would be that. . . . That is the only language that a lot of employers ever understand—the language of force.”7 In the cities and on the farms, Communist organizers were finding a ready audience and a zealous following.

Patrick J. Hurley, Hoover’s Secretary of War, ordered a transfer of troops from a small Texas post to Kentucky. Tom Connally of Texas, rising in the Senate, accused the War Department of deliberately concentrating its armed units near the larger cities. “The Secretary of War, with a glitter of fear in his eye,” Connally reported, “referred to Reds and possible Communists that may be abroad in the land.” The mayor of New York, newly inaugurated, sought to reassure his city: “You’re going to have a Mayor with a chin and fight in him. I’ll preserve the Metropolis from the Red Army.” But the next week a group of Communists shoved their way though a police line before the brownstone house on East 65th Street where Franklin D. Roosevelt was making his plans for the future. Eleven Democratic leaders were having their picture taken on the front steps; they stepped nervously into the house as the Communists shook their fists and shouted, “When do we eat? We want action!” (Among the politicians were Cordell Hull and James F. Byrnes; they would have more to do with Communists before they were through.) The police with a flourish of nightsticks cleared the street.8

Elmer Davis reported that the leading citizens of one industrial city—it was Dayton, Ohio—had organized a committee to plan how the city and the country around could function as an economic unit if the power lines were cut and the railroads stopped running. Over champagne and cigars, at the Everglades in Palm Beach, a banker declared the country on the verge of revolution; another guest, breaking the startled silence, advised the company to “step without the territorial boundaries of the United States of America with as much cash as you can carry just as soon as it is feasible for you to get away.” “There’ll be a revolution, sure,” a Los Angeles banker said on a transcontinental train. “The farmers will rise up. So will labor. The Reds will run the country—or maybe the Fascists. Unless, of course, Roosevelt does something.”9

But what could he do? In February 1933, the Senate Finance Committee summoned a procession of business leaders to solicit their ideas on the crisis. Said John W. Davis, the leader of the American bar, “I have nothing to offer, either of fact or theory.” W. W. Atterbury of the Pennsylvania Railroad: “There is no panacea.” Most endorsed the thesis advanced by the permanent elder statesman Bernard Baruch: “Delay in balancing the Budget is trifling with disaster.” And, as they spoke their lusterless pieces, the banks began to close their doors. “Our entire banking system,” said William Gibbs McAdoo in exasperation, “does credit to a collection of imbeciles.”10

But bankruptcy of ideas seemed almost as complete among the intellectuals. “My heartbreak at liberalism,” wrote William Allen White, “is that it has sounded no note of hope, made no plans for the future, offered no program.” On the eve of the inaugural, a leading American theologian pronounced an obituary on liberal society. His essay was written, said Reinhold Niebuhr, on the assumption that “capitalism is dying and with the conviction that it ought to die.” Let no one delude himself by hoping for reform from within. “There is nothing in history to support the thesis that a dominant class ever yields its position or its privileges in society because its rule has been convicted of ineptness or injustices.” Others, in their despair, could only yearn for a savior. Hamilton Fish, the New York congressman, spoke for millions when he wrote to Roosevelt late in February that in the crisis we must “give you any power that you may need.”11

The images of a nation as it approached zero hour: the well-groomed men, baffled and impotent in their double-breasted suits before the Senate committee; the confusion and dismay in the business office and the university; the fear in the country club; the angry men marching in the silent street; the scramble for the rotting garbage in the dump; the sweet milk trickling down the dusty road; the noose dangling over the barn door; the raw northwest wind blasting its way across Capitol plaza.

taken from "The Age of Roosevelt, Volume I: The Crisis of the Old Order: 1919 to 1933", by Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

pissinthewind posted:

dominos little cesars pizza hut, are there any more? they all suck

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n17B_uFF4cA

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nichael posted:

whole world is fascist

Planet’s fascistin’, Cloud.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I thought lethal aids was ArfJason`s post that brought down like four moderators

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

pandy fackler posted:

keep thinking about that post

and how all of the unvaxxed I know grew up with childless aunties who were forcibly sterilized in government operated clinics in the 70's

and grew up with grandparents who were kidnapped by the government as children and sent hundreds of miles away to boarding schools where they were beaten for speaking their language and practicing their culture

and grew up knowing the federal government did their best to genocide their ancestors

wondering which method will convince them to get vaxxed. starving them? stealing their children? denying them lifesaving medical procedures?

many thoughts

:glomp:

when I saw those rasmussen results about dems wanting to take kids away from and imprison the unvaxed I was skeptical that it wasn't some rightwing FUD, then you see a post like the aforementioned one in the wild and the only reaction is variations on :smith:

it's just appalling that endorsing social eugenics by withholding food & medical care is an acceptable metric & not punishable, especially given what's considered to be punishable, like asking questions that make liberal tummies hurt.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

reported

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Majorian posted:

Planet’s fascistin’, Cloud.

it's not my problem

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Azathoth posted:

If you're gonna fill up on garbage, Godfathers is where it's at.

*Herman Cain smiling .gif goes here*

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Lmao

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Pizza Hut, butter chicken sauce, smoked parmesan, maple bacon

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Horseshoe theory posted:

*Herman Cain smiling .gif goes here*

https://twitter.com/offensiveminx/status/1293891270088196096?s=21

Majorian has issued a correction as of 03:36 on Jan 23, 2022

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1484248534044094472

The United States of America is the greatest force of evil in the world.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
plz cite your sources on how deliberately planning to blow up a major dam is 'evil', this is the smart person forum

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Your total lack of added contribution aside, this one's pretty interesting because 1) notionally the rules were in place to prevent this and 2) notionally the assholes on the ground should have been severely punished for breaking them. The first one obviously didn't happen, and as far as the article can tell, the second didn't either.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

sexpig by night posted:

Your total lack of added contribution aside, this one's pretty interesting because 1) notionally the rules were in place to prevent this and 2) notionally the assholes on the ground should have been severely punished for breaking them. The first one obviously didn't happen, and as far as the article can tell, the second didn't either.
“I can’t argue against this, PROBATION”

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gout Patrol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

i hope he gets gout