Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Michael Corleone posted:

Saying that makes it sound like he does

People are asking lots of questions already answered by his song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
...do I look suspicious?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

PizzaProwler posted:

...do I look suspicious?

Post/username combo.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I eat stickers all the time, dude!!!

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
I go to a funeral home to get gruesome repairs

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

"Why is Artemis working the sound system?"

"We don't have a very deep bench Dee okay?"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

No Dignity posted:

What happens to Bruce? I thought he just peaced out and then was only ever mentioed off-screen again?

He gets his idea of the world/his family generally being good destroyed and ultimately succumbs to his sense of vengeance to humiliate his children.

He bests the gang but only does so by destroying the illusion of his moral superiority

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rewatching Mac's Big Break, an episode I barely remember at all, and Luthor Vandross gets his first (?) mention when Frank accidentally tapes over a mix tape.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Carmen is also one of the only characters in the show that gets an unqualified happy ending. She got married, had a baby, and never had to deal with the gang again.
Compare to other "normal" people that get destroyed by the gang like Cricket, the lawyer, the Ponderosas, the oldies rock cafe guy, Art Sloan, Bruce Matthis, etc, etc.

Everyone else who touches them gets destroyed as if the gangs mere presence is enough to completely unleash the darkness in the deepest parts of your soul

Z encounters the Gang multiple times with zero apparent ill effects

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Pattonesque posted:

Z encounters the Gang multiple times with zero apparent ill effects

That's because he is the supplier of the things they use to destroy people.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

He even joins the gang in spitting to drive people out of the bar.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I will someday devise a full psychological dossier for the show...

But my working theory is that the gang are inherently humans in conflict between their (ever-weakening) rationality and unrestrained emotion.
More and more as the series goes on they abandon rationality and give into the emotional response. When met with other characters in the same sort of conflict, the catharsis of seeing the gang abandon reason and give into pure sensuality is enough to break down the rational side of the people they are in contact with.

Characters like Z, Artemis, and Ben to an extent, are not corrupted by the gang because they are already resolved and at peace with who they are as people. They like themselves, there's nothing they have buried to dig out.

This is also why we like the gang even if we don't sympathize with their situation or their beliefs - we are envious of their ability to be entirely consumed by a passion at any given moment because those are impulses we have been taught to smother in ourselves from birth.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's really only the people that oppose the gang that end up coming out on the losing end. Characters like Z, Artemis, etc just work with the gang in their schemes. The only maybe exception is Cricket, but if he would have just blessed the stain he would have been good!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I wonder if Cricket stays awake at night, lying on his bed of stray dogs, thinking about that pivotal moment in his life

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
the Lawyer is interesting because he gets one over on the Gang like five times before he got his comeuppance. He thought himself invincible and was brought low by his hubris

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

He flew too close to the black hole.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

You can survive the gang but not the gang AND the mcpoyles

What you've done there is put yourself between a bullet and a target

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

You can survive the gang but not the gang AND the mcpoyles

What you've done there is put yourself between a bullet and a target

this is an important consideration. the Lawyer was fighting a war on two fronts, and though he was able to match the Gang's sociopathy and exceed their organization and intelligence, he had no answer for the McPoyles' detachment from reality. He was trying to show a rabid dog a card trick.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

He went into that trial on the verge of a breakdown; he ranted about how the Gang ruined his first marriage when that can't possibly be true.

It's been quite a while since the trial episode, I wonder if/when we'll see more of him.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
And if he'll see anything

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I'm fairly sure we'll see the lawyer again because this show is absolutely insane about bringing back old characters. Hell, this season gave us the return of Pepper Jack (and his Fraggle Rock thermos) after fourteen years.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He gets his idea of the world/his family generally being good destroyed and ultimately succumbs to his sense of vengeance to humiliate his children.

He bests the gang but only does so by destroying the illusion of his moral superiority

Nah, Bruce was last seen being trapped in a burning apartment on Thanksgiving. At least he got some closure in finding out who destroyed his beloved car.

You might be thinking of some other Jabroni

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Pattonesque posted:

the Lawyer is interesting because he gets one over on the Gang like five times before he got his comeuppance. He thought himself invincible and was brought low by his hubris

The Jew Lawyer? I challenge you to a duel!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

FireWorksWell posted:

Dennis: "One's a man, one's a woman. How is it gay?"

I think the use of that slur was more them being ignorant than malicious. Off the top of my head, How I Met Your Mother and Friends threw that word around a few times too. As Frank would say, (matter of factly) "Those were the days."

On that topic, Mac says "she-male" at some point, I think the Liberty Bell episode.

I think people forget how much things have changed in 15-20 years with regards to trans stuff in popular culture. Aside from using the word "tranny," Sunny was almost progressive for 2005. In 2003 Jon Stewart was mocking Dennis Kucinich for saying he'd nominate a transgender judge on the Daily Show with this bit, while the show was in its prime(!):

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/865055182652100608

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Booooom! BOMBSHELL!!!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

He did it, black judge!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I think people forget how much things have changed in 15-20 years with regards to trans stuff in popular culture. Aside from using the word "tranny," Sunny was almost progressive for 2005. In 2003 Jon Stewart was mocking Dennis Kucinich for saying he'd nominate a transgender judge on the Daily Show with this bit, while the show was in its prime(!):

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/865055182652100608

I remember this year and this still feels like it was loving tasteless for then

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Looks like they're doing proper video podcasts after all: https://twitter.com/TheSunnyPodcast/status/1485420162949922818?s=20

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Has anyone watched Single Drunk Female? I think Sofia Black-D'Elia is underrated with how funny she was in The Mick.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Tokelau All Star posted:

Has anyone watched Single Drunk Female? I think Sofia Black-D'Elia is underrated with how funny she was in The Mick.

I saw both episodes. Wouldn't recommend it. Sofia is a good actress who is stunningly gorgeous, but other than that, it's just dire. Basically, it's just "This is how AA works." The Series.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The new episode of the podcast which is also the first episode of the video podcast is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4NVPRKqrN4

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Sean posted:

Speaking of dumbasses, I see posts on social media every once in a while where a dumbass will say "I don't like Sunny now that it's getting political. I'm not a fan anymore." lol it's always been commenting on sociopolitical issues.

Based on the most recent podcast episode I'm now going to assume you are Glenn Howerton.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I hope one episode of the podcast starts with 5 minutes of dead air, since none of the three arrive on time but Glen gave Megan strict instruction to start filming at 9 am sharp.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

What in gods name is going on with the sound mixing in this episode

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I haven't noticed anything. Maybe whatever your perceiving has something to do with the camera setup?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

On the podcast Glen keeps going from sounding like he's talking into the mic to sounding like he's on the other side of the room

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i'm listening to the audio version and it cuts out a lot randomly, idk if the video version is more clear

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Didnt notice any sort of tech issues like that on the video side.

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
Agreed it is pretty bad on the audio only podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

No Dignity posted:

On the podcast Glen keeps going from sounding like he's talking into the mic to sounding like he's on the other side of the room

I noticed this too, he starts talking and then a second later you get an echo, almost like like he’s being picked up by two microphones at the same time.