Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

McCracAttack posted:

lmao that "lethal aid" is a thing now. Has that term been used before?

It’s because in 2014 when Canada and the US were flying military supplies to The Ukraine they specified that it was non-lethal aid, and thus not a provocation with Russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

We just fuckin' love secret diplomacy.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
47 lbs of lethal aid

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

i love provocating russia

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/le_petit_trek/status/1484977136049876994?s=20

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

hahahaha

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1485039148994265088?s=20

Looks cool

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rent-A-Cop posted:

North Korea isn't currently short half it's territory

....uuhhh hmmmm

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Canadian Ukrainians may be the most virulent force in our politics, and that’s saying something.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

liberal to Waffen SS pipeline

i hope he catches a bullet in the dick

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/BadChinaTake/status/1481833436142878720

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Im noticing a pattern with lovely opnionators and sexual deviancy

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wasn't Freeland's grandfather basically a mini Julius Streicher?

Horseshoe theory has issued a correction as of 05:03 on Jan 23, 2022

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Palladium posted:

stop posting in D&D then

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Frosted Flake posted:

Canadian Ukrainians may be the most virulent force in our politics, and that’s saying something.

w/e happened to the hate crime prosecution for the people who defaced the nazi monument anyway

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1484918729242816518

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

US denied this. Its twitter people getting excited about war.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:hmmyes:

This does explain a lot.

Edit: I mean I knew that expats were mostly running away from Bolsheviks. I am just surprised at the admission. Also that anyone born between 1917 and 1991 isn't a true Ukranian.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 05:05 on Jan 23, 2022

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnarchoCorvidae/status/1484953902248194050

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

lmao they're expecting the neo-nazis to do a first strike

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Palladium posted:

Look don't insult me by comparing me to nyt columnists

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

cool

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

imagine losing your job because you were so racist against the chinese you wanted to make russia look good against them in this climate

Happens. Their internal security chief lost his job because he couldn't stop taking consulting gigs from their fash party.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1485059433881346052

FishBulbia has issued a correction as of 08:55 on Jan 23, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
It’s pretty incredible how it’s the Chinese and Russians who are the Octopi and not the west who were the ones doing all the occupying and exploiting. Especially the Americans with their thousands of bases and blacksites and consulting firms.

Also given the fact that the Americans are asking Russia to not publish their written response and have already begun shipping guns to Ukraine and stuff it’s pretty certain at this point that Russia is going to invade so good luck to them I guess.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/ve10ve/status/1484970385586245636?s=20

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Is this literally the NATO logo talking?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

wow, i wonder how russia ended up a rightwing nationalist state. care to enlighten us, lib?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

genericnick posted:

Is this literally the NATO logo talking?

I checked their timeline and it is. Their posting is way too lame & sincere to be a joke.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Something consequential happened in India and due to Indians. Gonna be a superpower at this rate bros!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol so apparently the brits are saying Russia's now gonna set up a shadow government in Ukraine?

Their source is, of course, 'trust us bro' but boy does it seem to be getting media losers horny for war again

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I only listen to the british guy who was racist in Greggs.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

lol so apparently the brits are saying Russia's now gonna set up a shadow government in Ukraine?

Their source is, of course, 'trust us bro' but boy does it seem to be getting media losers horny for war again

Can confirm, I'm the shadow president of Ukraine now. Really hope they get back to me soon, I had to prefund a lot of expenses.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

Putin! Putin, don't you invade that Ukraine! Putin... no! Don't you topple the government! Don't you install a puppet government! Don't you unify with Belarus! PUTIN! STOP ANNEXING UKRAINE RIGHT NOW!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

How are Colour Revolutions not “Hybrid Warfare Deception Operations”?

The coup that overthrew the previous government was legit, but anything that happens to the fragile coalition of neonazis is spetsnaz?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Horseshoe theory posted:

Wasn't Freeland's grandfather basically a mini Julius Streicher?

Freeland's maternal grandfather, Michael Chomiak (Ukrainian: Mykhailo Khomiak), had been a journalist before World War II. During the war in Nazi-occupied Poland and later in Nazi-occupied Austria he was chief editor of the Ukrainian antisemitic daily newspaper Krakivs'ki visti (News of Krakow) for the Nazi regime.[79] After Chomiak's death in 1984, John-Paul Himka, a professor of history at the University of Alberta, who was Chomiak's son-in-law (and also Freeland's uncle by marriage), used Chomiak's records, including old issues of the newspaper, as the basis of several scholarly papers focused on the coverage of Soviet mass-murders of Ukrainian civilians. These papers also examined the use of these massacres as propaganda against Jews.[80][81][82] In 2017, when Russian-affiliated websites[which?] further publicized Chomiak's connection to Nazism, Freeland and her spokespeople responded by claiming that this was a Russian disinformation campaign during her appointment to the position of minister of foreign affairs.[83][84][85][86][79] Her office later denied Chomiak ever collaborated with the Nazi Germany.[87] However, Freeland has known of her grandfather's Nazi ties since at least 1996, when she helped edit a scholarly article by Himka for the Journal of Ukrainian Studies.[83]

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Al-Saqr posted:

It’s pretty incredible how it’s the Chinese and Russians who are the Octopi and not the west who were the ones doing all the occupying and exploiting. Especially the Americans with their thousands of bases and blacksites and consulting firms.

Also given the fact that the Americans are asking Russia to not publish their written response and have already begun shipping guns to Ukraine and stuff it’s pretty certain at this point that Russia is going to invade so good luck to them I guess.

the west collectively decided to invade and occupy two countries for 2 decades which also destabilized the entire region abut apparently its russia and china that are the bad guys :thunk:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

sexpig by night posted:

i mean they were losing their poo poo at the afghanistan pullout so i guess someone has got to throw a bone at these media dogs

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Frosted Flake posted:

How are Colour Revolutions not “Hybrid Warfare Deception Operations”?

The coup that overthrew the previous government was legit, but anything that happens to the fragile coalition of neonazis is spetsnaz?

it's because anything that the US /NATO do is pure and good but whenever the states that they deliberately antagonise react they're evil imperialists that must be destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

genericnick posted:

Can confirm, I'm the shadow president of Ukraine now. Really hope they get back to me soon, I had to prefund a lot of expenses.
hello, jurij guaidovič