Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
It's funny because she's a clown

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

There's not a day that goes by where I'm not glad I never go on Twitter

It's like a parallel universe

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

What does any of this mean?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Abongination posted:

Tiktok drama. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/caleb-west-elm-dating-saga-1288386/

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Abongination posted:

some person stopped responding to girls when chatting on a dating app (not sure he even met any of them IRL) and girlboss tiktok decided he was satan and attacked and named him

then BRANDS decided to join the bandwagon

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i have a meaningful online relationship with the mayonnaise company because the intern tweeted at me

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ymgve posted:

some person stopped responding to girls when chatting on a dating app (not sure he even met any of them IRL) and girlboss tiktok decided he was satan and attacked and named him

I love this world and all the friendly people on it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ymgve posted:

he went on dates with a lot of women and then stood them up on second/third dates. one of the women made a TikTok about what they did and a few other women he did this to replied in the comments that he did exactly the same thing to them. this would normally just be something funny but the internet is the internet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the internet was better before remotely fuckable people used it

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Real hurthling! posted:

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019
Good loving god
https://www.wbay.com/2022/01/20/thedacare-seeks-court-order-against-ascension-wisconsin-worker-dispute/

quote:

“We understand and respect that people have choices in the current highly competitive job
market,” said Imran Andrabi, MD, ThedaCare President and CEO. “The decision by Ascension Wisconsin to hire away such a significant portion of ThedaCare’s interventional radiology specialty support team all at once, and at the height of a pandemic surge, will disrupt access to critical care for the people in our region. While we have tried to work with Ascension Wisconsin for additional time to execute a plan for staffing coverage that will provide the long-term continuation of services that support trauma, stroke and other essential areas of care, Ascension Wisconsin was unwilling to collaborate with us. We are essentially asking the Court to grant the injunction to maintain the status quo until ThedaCare can hire replacement staff for this vital department in order to protect access to the critical care services supported by the team, which are considered community assets.”

:d2a:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

It is Ascension Wisconsin’s understanding that ThedaCare had an opportunity but declined to make competitive counter offers to retain its former employees.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

there was a hearing Friday and the judge blocked employment by either company until a longer hearing Monday morning.

this seems like the worst of all possible outcomes. oh well, maybe the nurses will all get travel gigs now where they can make computer toucher money

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

there was a hearing Friday and the judge blocked employment by either company until a longer hearing Monday morning.

this seems like the worst of all possible outcomes. oh well, maybe the nurses will all get travel gigs now where they can make computer toucher money

...what does that even mean, the people aren't paid till this is over?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

hobbesmaster posted:

he went on dates with a lot of women and then stood them up on second/third dates. one of the women made a TikTok about what they did and a few other women he did this to replied in the comments that he did exactly the same thing to them. this would normally just be something funny but the internet is the internet.

King poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

did he get laid?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

[Cyberpunk Dystopia] The internet was better before remotely fuckable people used it

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

ymgve posted:

lol getting shade from a mayo company because you were rude

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
sorry goons are not remotely fuckable

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

DrPossum posted:

how about on site

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DrPossum posted:

Thanks to advancing VR technology they soon will be though, goon camp is meta is gonna be wild :getin:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DrPossum posted:

there was that dating subforum. it’s not spoken of for the reasons you’d expect though

it got some helldump superstars perma’d at least iirc?

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

DrPossum posted:

you wouldn't gently caress this through a remote??

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

If you do actually get into metaverses and are a sexual being, try to bang at least once a day; it helps you stay in practice mentally as your body ages and you care less.

It's full of catgirls, you may as well.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/MayaMitKind/status/1485053101514100742?t=pvQONeW4b0j-FVGs2dFmmw&s=19

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Non Fuckable Twat

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tulip posted:

It is Ascension Wisconsin’s understanding that ThedaCare had an opportunity but declined to make competitive counter offers to retain its former employees.

Capitalism for me but not for thee.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

ymgve posted:

and seemingly open themselves up to defamation or harassment complaints

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

GWBBQ posted:

and seemingly open themselves up to defamation or harassment complaints

if it was easy enough to control the internet that someone could maliciously make some garbage go viral at will... everything would be an ad.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Real hurthling! posted:

did he get laid?
yes, the joker girl mentions that she went on a date after he had a one night stand with another girl

the way these women react to not getting the dick again means it must be insanely good

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

So this has started appearing under some twitter users' profiles :shepface:

WARNING: The FBI determined this user is extremely cool

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Anything more than irc is a mistake

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Nothus posted:

Having used IRC for decades, IRC was definitely a mistake.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Nothus posted:

endlessmonotony posted:

you're both right

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Nothus posted:

endlessmonotony posted:

There's so many goons saying this these days that it's really only a matter of time until somebody starts an SA ham radio club

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
people were probably just as cringe on telegraph.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Renaissance Robot posted:

There's so many goons saying this these days that it's really only a matter of time until somebody starts an SA ham radio club

Ham radio is even worse

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Waffle House posted:

If you do actually get into metaverses and are a sexual being, try to bang at least once a day; it helps you stay in practice mentally as your body ages and you care less.

It's full of catgirls, you may as well.

:buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

atelier morgan posted:

Ham radio is even worse

I'm sorry did you come to the cyberpunk dystopia thread looking for good solutions?