Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

my favorite hitler fact is that he was really obsessed with a book series about a cowboy and his trusty native American companion, written by a German con artist who tried to pass the stories off as real biographical accounts of his life in the United States. hitler was obsessed to the point of basing military strategy around scenes from the book. I'd like to think Hitler chewed out his officers more than a few times for not doing things "just like in my favorite animes book series!!!"

awful snype. just god awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

kalel posted:

kalel no

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

kalel posted:

my favorite hitler fact is that he was really obsessed with a book series about a cowboy and his trusty native American companion, written by a German con artist who tried to pass the stories off as real biographical accounts of his life in the United States. hitler was obsessed to the point of basing military strategy around scenes from the book. I'd like to think Hitler chewed out his officers more than a few times for not doing things "just like in my favorite animes book series!!!"

The German Rawhide Kobayashi

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think, honestly, Arnold's huge advantage over Gal Godot is in every film, even the dogshit ones, he seems like he wants to be there. Gal Godot has this perpetual vibe that her parents are making her hang out with you and she just wants this over

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

kalel posted:

even gal could have done a better job

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Space Kablooey posted:

if you gave the rifle to gal it would have been a better snipe

no way, the page number is too old

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

allegedly

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Sorry guys Chris Pratt is this gen's Arnie, I don't make the rules

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Gal "White Phosphorus" Gadot

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

After finishing The Expanse, the last two seasons are so... uneventful. It's a lot more politics, unlikeable characters, people arguing and moping around their various ships. The final season is only six episodes and even then it felt like they were struggling to fill the time. The final episode is OK, if only because something finally happens, but still there are loose threads like the whole subplot about Laconia. The girl goes off in the woods with her zombie brother, the admiral turns on Marco, and that's it? Also I would have preferred they recast the Alex character instead of writing him out. The fans would have understood, given the circumstances.

The series started out kind of small scale and low budget on SyFy, but it was a weird detective story starring Thomas Jane with uncanny/alien things afoot. It was fun and there was more action. I haven't read the books, but do the story arcs in the novels devolve into boring politics and factional wars?

The show ended not with a bang, but a whimper.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Andro Dunos posted:

The series started out kind of small scale and low budget on SyFy, but it was a weird detective story starring Thomas Jane with uncanny/alien things afoot.

This had me hooked and I immediately lost interest when it turned into zombies in space, and never bothered going back.

I would love more Thomas Jane, space noire detective though

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
When I found out the Expanse was done with the detective and also I ran out of weed I quit watching it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I only read the first expanse book and never the show, but personally I felt the last thing it needed was any more of space fedora detective

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Everybody loves cryptic space ghost detective.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
expanse owns

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

kalel posted:

Karl may books had a wide appeal in Germany for whatever reason

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Andro Dunos posted:

After finishing The Expanse, the last two seasons are so... uneventful. It's a lot more politics, unlikeable characters, people arguing and moping around their various ships. The final season is only six episodes and even then it felt like they were struggling to fill the time. The final episode is OK, if only because something finally happens, but still there are loose threads like the whole subplot about Laconia. The girl goes off in the woods with her zombie brother, the admiral turns on Marco, and that's it? Also I would have preferred they recast the Alex character instead of writing him out. The fans would have understood, given the circumstances.

The series started out kind of small scale and low budget on SyFy, but it was a weird detective story starring Thomas Jane with uncanny/alien things afoot. It was fun and there was more action. I haven't read the books, but do the story arcs in the novels devolve into boring politics and factional wars?

The show ended not with a bang, but a whimper.

You are bad at watching tv and you haven’t read the books because you can’t read

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

I may be illiterate, but if there's one thing I know it's dull TV!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I would like a spinoff of Bobbie and Drummer just being bad asses. With Aversala of course.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1485102253849694214?s=21

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Experts are saying the Packers were eliminated from the playoffs, but Aaron Rodgers is going to do his own research on the subject.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Mike will always have his disgusting yet rather cosy looking packers fleece thing at least.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Let’s face it, this thread would not have been able to handle the content drought that would have occurred if the Packers made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Experts are saying the Packers were eliminated from the playoffs, but Aaron Rodgers is going to do his own research on the subject.

I can't wait for the meltdown on the Pat McAfee podcast where Rodgers blames the woke mob for the Packers loss.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Outpost22 posted:

Sorry guys Chris Pratt is this gen's Arnie, I don't make the rules

Chris Pratt is an unholy combination of Dan Ackroyd (comedy guy who is somehow in action ish movies) Sam Worthington (bland as gently caress generic white guy), and Tom Cruise (toxic religious zealot who destroys the lives of those around him gleefully).

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

reignofevil posted:

When I found out the Expanse was done with the detective and also I ran out of weed I quit watching it.

:same:

The moment it closed that story, I lost all interest but it was great until that point.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Waiting For Gadot (to act well)

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Randarkman posted:

I really hope that movie doesn't happen.
It irritates me on a bunch of levels that all most people think about Cleopatra is 'She Was Hot' and if this movie does happen I pray that the screenwriter is not one of those people and actually tries to make Gal Gadot act because that would be magical.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Excited to watch a big budget historical drama where Gal Godot sleeps with her brother, I guess?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Her brother ptolemy was 11 at the time so yikes?

Also cleopatra was pretty average looking, she was famous for being incredibly charismatic so yeah have gadot stumble through her lines is a good fit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kalel posted:

Waiting For Gadot (to act well)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Karl may books had a wide appeal in Germany for whatever reason

his name is "Karl' that's probably like catnip to them

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Ive done it. I've found the very worst thing that exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKf0Txr-dk

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

X JAKK posted:

only fools wanted cinema saved

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

X JAKK posted:

This movie got 0% on RT. Incredible.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Send a copy to the boys

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
Huh. Now I hate the sham-wow guy. Didn't expect that to happen when I woke up today.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cold on a Cob posted:

Huh. Now I hate the sham-wow guy. Didn't expect that to happen when I woke up today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

everyone involved with that movie should be in prison