Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

the canpol thread is defending john horgan again

Lmao what are they saying, I cannot open that thread without exploding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
John Horgan is the second coming of Christ and I will gladly vote for him over and over even if it means contracting covid during his stupid opportunistic election calls

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lmao what are they saying, I cannot open that thread without exploding

they're defending him, to say that he's only doing as bad with covid restrictions as ontario and alberta, not worse

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 19:50 on Jan 22, 2022

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

DariusLikewise posted:

the canpol thread is defending john horgan again

They must have not heard about me not getting my stickers yet.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/BNNBloomberg/status/1352331452931739657?t=1SxaNhorpTONnHEUI3tigA&s=19

Ah well, nevertheless

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

For what it's worth the BCNDP have increased the amount of money people on income assistance get from about 600 to 900 dollars so they have actually made a pretty big difference in the lives of a bunch of people

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Booourns posted:

For what it's worth the BCNDP have increased the amount of money people on income assistance get from about 600 to 900 dollars so they have actually made a pretty big difference in the lives of a bunch of people

The Alberta NDP raised wages at my old job from $13.80 to $15, and Trudeau cut their income tax from 10% to zero, and those blue-collar boomers still complained all day about the liberals taking their money.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

John Horgan

Joh Rhogann

makes u think

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mounted police spotted on their way towards the anti reality protest gathering at Central Memorial Park in Cow Town

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

I always wonder about stuff like this, because the central bank probably doesn't consider itself the decider of housing policy (they see that as the government's job), and it's not hard to reason yourself out of calling something a bubble (one I heard recently went something like "a housing bubble is when buyers rely on unlikely capital appreciation to justify current prices. Canada is somehow not in that situation. No bubble"), so it doesn't seem surprising.

Like if you asked the central bank "is current housing policy good" they could well say "no", but it's so incredibly unlikely that they'd use their power to do anything about that

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pokeyman posted:

I always wonder about stuff like this, because the central bank probably doesn't consider itself the decider of housing policy (they see that as the government's job), and it's not hard to reason yourself out of calling something a bubble (one I heard recently went something like "a housing bubble is when buyers rely on unlikely capital appreciation to justify current prices. Canada is somehow not in that situation. No bubble"), so it doesn't seem surprising.

Like if you asked the central bank "is current housing policy good" they could well say "no", but it's so incredibly unlikely that they'd use their power to do anything about that

i bet every ghoul on that council of necromancers owns a big pile of canadian realestate

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Rutibex posted:

i bet every ghoul on that council of necromancers owns a big pile of canadian realestate

that too

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Of course he’s not concerned, he’s making bank off of it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

tHe PrIdE oF hOmE oWnErShIp

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/stjohns-buyer-beware?fbclid=IwAR3Mo7tqqr7fwdiWVsDuquf2uXWGtPzd8zwBXmrhXEm_6y3PHxVl41_u354

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So why does The Ukraine get a Mech Battlegroup, CSOR, pallets of weapons and $120M cash approved with urgency, but housing doesn’t warrant a policy change, let alone action?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Ukrainian Canadians must have a shadow government with how much power they seem to have, anybody else would get hit with the ‘leave your problems in your origin country, this is Canada’ bullshit

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

skipmyseashells posted:

Ukrainian Canadians must have a shadow government with how much power they seem to have, anybody else would get hit with the ‘leave your problems in your origin country, this is Canada’ bullshit

Lotta debt owed for killing the CCF and crowbaring Manning in after Aberhart

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Okay but 168k for a tiny bugalow in rabbittown. Real estate is nuts.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

There are at least as many Polish Canadians as Ukrainian, why aren't we giving Poland aid to conquer Kaliningrad?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

So why does The Ukraine get a Mech Battlegroup, CSOR, pallets of weapons and $120M cash approved with urgency, but housing doesn’t warrant a policy change, let alone action?

one of these things guarantees the fed libs lose their next election?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the US is antagonizing russia over the ukraine so now we have to too

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

eXXon posted:

There are at least as many Polish Canadians as Ukrainian, why aren't we giving Poland aid to conquer Kaliningrad?

My wife is East Prussian and from out West. She’s also in federal policy so lol if there’s some sort of revanchist plot going on.

I think the serious answer is that Ukrainian Canadians were useful in the Cold War context. Iirc we took in more Ukrainian collaborators from DP camps or Allied POW camps in 1945-50 than any other country, with only Australia coming close. The Australian Ukrainians tried to place their top guy in the foreign ministry in the late 40’s and wrote a series of letters to the Australian Government suggesting an immediate invasion of the USSR so lol.

Story is from Stalin’s Defectors, I’ll see if I can find quotes it was pretty funny.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Wait the Canadian Forces had mechs?! If I sign up can I pilot a Bushwasher?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Hospitals now officially covid distribution centres in BC lmao

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 13:58 on Oct 29, 2022

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

Hehe I got a bush you can wash, right here!! :mrapig:

Call me

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

skewetoo posted:

Hospitals now officially covid distribution centres in BC lmao

nova scotia has more people currently in hospitals who caught covid while in hospital than it has people admitted for covid

(if you add "admitted with covid" it tips back over, but it's close)

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
https://twitter.com/DesjarlaisBlake/status/1484934538102915075

Be deeply suspicious of any politician whose progressive credentials are solely supported by being some kind of marginalised identity.

Also the NDP are a bunch of clowns.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

ToxicAcne posted:

https://twitter.com/DesjarlaisBlake/status/1484934538102915075

Be deeply suspicious of any politician whose progressive credentials are solely supported by being some kind of marginalised identity.

Also the NDP are a bunch of clowns.

What the gently caress is up with his glasses? It makes him look menacing.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Entorwellian posted:

He got them from Desty Nova's Optometry

Came with free flan

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

one good thing happened in winnipeg this last week: the worst restaurant in the city shut its doors (blondies). everything about that place was nasty.

What are you talking about? Monsterburger is still open (somehow) and not mysteriously burned down while the owner walks away with a large insurance payout (what I strongly suspect will happen within a few monthes).

Never been to Blondies or Monsterburger, but from everything I've seen/heard about Monsterburger, it's probably legitimately the worst restaurant in the city, and not just because the owner is a massive anti-vaxx/anti-mask chud.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I can't quite tell but I choose to believe that this person is in fact sitting down.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Entorwellian posted:

he's wearing one of those nose+fake glasses prosthetics to go with his potato head

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Entorwellian posted:

That's a really hosed up nose bridge on those glasses.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
He forgot his glasses and used one of those online "try this on your face" apps.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Randalor posted:

What are you talking about? Monsterburger is still open (somehow) and not mysteriously burned down while the owner walks away with a large insurance payout (what I strongly suspect will happen within a few monthes).

Never been to Blondies or Monsterburger, but from everything I've seen/heard about Monsterburger, it's probably legitimately the worst restaurant in the city, and not just because the owner is a massive anti-vaxx/anti-mask chud.

I had a patty melt from monstrosity burger and it was pretty decent actually.
bad vibes from the place though. from a pandemic perspective it isn’t functionally any different from Finn mccools or any other self righteous places open for indoor dining that are “doing their part” by making sure patrons wear masks for the five seconds it takes to walk to their table where they are promptly, legally, and “safely” removed

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Frosted Flake posted:

Canada is the babbiest imperial power there is. We need to feel relevant.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
jesus christ it’s ukraine. there is no the stop saying it.

also the dudes glasses (he’s 28???) slid down his face because i assume he has a lower nose bridge

good look to make fun of the only indigenous mp from alberta because of his appearance

lol menacing good grief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

mediaphage posted:

jesus christ it’s ukraine. there is no the stop saying it.

also the dudes glasses (he’s 28???) slid down his face because i assume he has a lower nose bridge

good look to make fun of the only indigenous mp from alberta because of his appearance

lol menacing good grief

Making fun of a guy for his appearance is worse than being an apologist for imperialism and warmongering, gotcha. Jesus this thread really is a D&D transplant thread in CSPAM.