Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Yeah, thanks to buyin more stuff, I need to figure out a new solution for the non rack mount gear. Got some new ideas for something to fab up.

As for the BoMs, thankfully ( :shepface: ) I already have a lot of parts in my collection of pcb parts, so I don't need to order as much, mostly passives. But the different form factor for pots and jacks definitely messes me up and makes me have to buy new things for something I already have a bunch of :argh:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Coolnezzz posted:

I was not satisfied with just ONE Volca I went ahead and picked up a Nubass and a Drum to go with my Keys. And an NTS-1... for the effects! Now, lacking a proper way to record all of these synths at the same time, I bought a used Tascam Model 12 through Reverb as I feel it will fit my needs for a long time to come.

Yeah I may end up with a bass/drums/fm eventually but for now I want to try and make stuff with this hardware and mess with software synths, because if I buy stuff and don't actually use it my wife will yell at me.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Ordered this on the way out of the theater after seeing Scream. If only I could afford a Buck 120

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Megabound posted:

Got something fun an interesting today, the enlarger on the left

A Durst 609, which has a party trick

It's also a medium format projector. Looking forward to shooting and projecting some big slides once I get it restored and working.

Have you tried using it on your dick yet?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LifeSunDeath posted:

I thought it was this at first:

Is that to create nutrient slurry for baby carnivores?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

mobby_6kl posted:

Have you tried using it on your dick yet?

:getin:

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Megabound posted:

Got something fun an interesting today, the enlarger on the left

A Durst 609, which has a party trick

It's also a medium format projector. Looking forward to shooting and projecting some big slides once I get it restored and working.

Nice Piss jug OP

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Flavored toothpick.... Haters much?

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I recently have been revamping my desk setup since I realized I spend a lot of my life there. So I got this LG Ultrawide monitor. I also got a 74" Ikea Karlby countertop and Alex Drawers to replace my 45" wide desk.

Next up I gotta get a monitor mount and new desk pad.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Fleece, boots, walking sneakers, shirts.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Those Nikes are kinda sick

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Bape Culture posted:

Fleece, boots, walking sneakers, shirts.

Those shirts are amazing and also make me think you're going to try to shake me down for money in a Yakuza game

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

My first thought was that James May is finally trendy.

I bought new light switches for my entire house to replace the original ones with the larger rectangular ones with hidden screw faceplates, and electrical sockets to replace the original ones, some of which had paint on them, or were getting loose/worn out. And nicer dimmers etc. Also an AC tester to make sure I turned off the correct breaker in conjunction with my multimeter to double check so I don't kill myself. And LED bulbs to replace every incandescent one left in the house.

Also bought materials and tools to rescreen all of my window screens. Need to also buy 2 LED linear shop lights to replace the ones in the garage and in the basement since their ballasts are going out and I don't want them to start a fire or something. Oh an new smoke/carbon monoxide detectors to replace the current ones.

May go ahead and replace the water heater as well as it's original so 20+ years old even though it's had no issues.

Also my whole house humidifier has stopped working so it's dry as hell so I need to take a look at it and see if I can replace the solenoid for the water flow which I suspect has gone out, or need to replace the entire unit.

Why yes I am getting ready to sell my house in the next month or two why do you ask?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Hopefully nabbed myself a PS5 combo.

Got it from Costco a couple days ago after getting notified from one of those "PS5 Drop Alert!" Discord services.

Took a few minutes to get my Costco PW and login, and in my experience taking loner than 30 seconds after a PS5 is in stock means you missed it, but it still said in stock when I added it to my cart and checked out, and my order says confirmed, but also still says "Order Received" on the Costco website and no updates since then, so for all I know it could be weeks before it ships.

Don't have a big need for the second controller, might sell it to help offset the cost...and I would have preferred it was a bundle WITHOUT a year of PL Plus because it seems like it's the full price of $50 if I add up the bundle cost of tings individually.

The only "deal" is that the month of PSNow is basically free...usually, you can find PL Plus deals for like $40 easily, and I have PSNow currently but was planning on cancelling since it's pretty garbo compared to the Microsoft Gamepass service, but whatever.

I also might sell the headset...I can't stand headsets, but ALSO my TV's audio is trash so maybe I'll keep it since I dropped a lot of money on this and don't want to spend hundreds more on a sound system or even sound bar just now,

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

Got it from Costco a couple days ago after getting notified from one of those "PS5 Drop Alert!" Discord services.

Took a few minutes to get my Costco PW and login, and in my experience taking loner than 30 seconds after a PS5 is in stock means you missed it, but it still said in stock when I added it to my cart and checked out, and my order says confirmed, but also still says "Order Received" on the Costco website and no updates since then, so for all I know it could be weeks before it ships.

Don't have a big need for the second controller, might sell it to help offset the cost...and I would have preferred it was a bundle WITHOUT a year of PL Plus because it seems like it's the full price of $50 if I add up the bundle cost of tings individually.

The only "deal" is that the month of PSNow is basically free...usually, you can find PL Plus deals for like $40 easily, and I have PSNow currently but was planning on cancelling since it's pretty garbo compared to the Microsoft Gamepass service, but whatever.

I also might sell the headset...I can't stand headsets, but ALSO my TV's audio is trash so maybe I'll keep it since I dropped a lot of money on this and don't want to spend hundreds more on a sound system or even sound bar just now,

You'll want the second controller because the batteries on the Dualsense are poo poo and it will die when you're in the middle of a boss fight.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
alternatively, a long-rear end cable so you can charge while you play. I can't believe it's been this long since launch and you still can't just go buy one.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I gave up on it and bought a PC, I’ll wait for the PS5 Slim

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I borrowed a friend's Pelican 1625 Air case over the weekend and decided I wanted one of my own, so I scrounged around OfferUp…

…and scored a used Pelican 1650 Protector case. It's a little bigger and heavier but for the price it's hard to beat.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You'll want the second controller because the batteries on the Dualsense are poo poo and it will die when you're in the middle of a boss fight.

Oof, worse than the DualSock 4 (or whatever the PS4 controller is called)?

Well, just got shipment confirmation, so now it's just fingers crossed no porch pirates! (Only AFTER I ordered did I think of that and realized I should have had it shipped to my office...but my GF is usually WFH so it should be safe...)

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oof, worse than the DualSock 4 (or whatever the PS4 controller is called)?

Well, just got shipment confirmation, so now it's just fingers crossed no porch pirates! (Only AFTER I ordered did I think of that and realized I should have had it shipped to my office...but my GF is usually WFH so it should be safe...)

Seems like it to me. Definitely not better. All the extra motors and whatnot seem to take a toll. But it's a great controller, much more comfortable in my slightly XL hands than the old DS4. I just wish it had back paddles like the xbox elite and SCUF controllers.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Bought some underwear as the DKNY Microstrech ones I like so much are getting hard to source. Thankfully I found some pairs of Saxx Undercover for sub $10 a pop at dillards online of all places.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
SAXX is the best underwear. And at that price it’s a steal.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’m interested to see how they feel. The microstrech is 90:10 poly:spandex and I understand Saxx’s stuff is cotton and modal so it’ll be a change. It’s a shame that DKNY discontinued them, they are great and have lasted me about forever.

E - I did like the mostly modal me undies I tried years ago, but they weren’t durable for poo poo.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Can confirm, I've had to hot swap controllers during multiplayer games more times than I can count.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Argyle posted:

Can confirm, I've had to hot swap controllers during multiplayer games more times than I can count.

For a moment I thought that this was part of the underwear discussion and was confused.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Warbird posted:

I did like the mostly modal me undies I tried years ago, but they weren’t durable for poo poo.

You're supposed to pull them down first.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

I got that headset for my PS4 Pro and it's pretty good, plus when the battery dies (or even if it didn't die) you can just plug it into the controller, so that's not bad for $100.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I bought an air fryer.

Holy poo poo this is why literally every human has been telling me to get one.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rolo posted:

I bought an air fryer.

Holy poo poo this is why literally every human has been telling me to get one.

Welcome friend. You cook by thickness now - 11 min air fry is nuggets, 14 min is sausages.

Now listen very very carefully, this is the secret knowledge: line it with kitchen foil with the edges slightly up like it’s a boat. Buy a pair of long tongs.

Now you barely have to clean and don’t burn your hands.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Welcome friend. You cook by thickness now - 11 min air fry is nuggets, 14 min is sausages.

Now listen very very carefully, this is the secret knowledge: line it with kitchen foil with the edges slightly up like it’s a boat. Buy a pair of long tongs.

Now you barely have to clean and don’t burn your hands.

If you line the basket with foil then you're limiting the air flow around the food and it's now just an oven not a convection fryer. If you put the foil outside the basket I guess you could keep the inner pot clean but the basket will still dirty.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

If you line the basket with foil then you're limiting the air flow around the food and it's now just an oven not a convection fryer. If you put the foil outside the basket I guess you could keep the inner pot clean but the basket will still dirty.

Counterpoint: I cook pork belly in mine and you got to let ninja’s non-stick cool down before cleaning or it hurts the water repellent coating. Getting congealed and burnt pig fat out of a ninja’s tiny wee holes vs an extra 3 min cooking in a foil grease catching boat is a no brainier.

E: also it’s not a convection fryer, it’s a convection oven, the fryer in the name was wrong and it stuck. The reason it works better than a regular size oven is that everything is condensed and science is magic

learnincurve has a new favorite as of 22:02 on Jan 27, 2022

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

E: also it’s not a convection fryer, it’s a convection oven, the fryer in the name was wrong and it stuck. The reason it works better than a regular size oven is that everything is condensed and science is magic

I know that, I was sticking to the "air fryer" terminology since that's what they're called

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I have been spending thousands of dollars on boring house poo poo like paint, more paint, exterior paint, trim paint, paint rollers, paint brushes, drop cloths, exterior lights, interior lights, window sill boards and a bunch of other stuff.
I still need to buy flooring (more $$$) and possibly a whole roof.
I'm trying to get my house ready to sell so here's a speed run of 12 years of neglected maintenance

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

whoops wrong thread sorry

ArmedZombie has a new favorite as of 01:55 on Jan 28, 2022

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Air fryer salmon:

Dry pat the salmon, rub with dijon mustard and Old Bay seasoning.
375 F for 15 minutes.

poo poo is crazy good.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
not bad, not bad, but try this

Inglehoffer honey mustard + crushed pecans on it for 375/15, then sear the skin in a cast iron with some butter till it's crisped. Legit best fish I've had.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You can get air dryer ovens now that do both oven and air frying, i assume the air frying just means they turn up the fans or something

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bottom Liner posted:

not bad, not bad, but try this

Inglehoffer honey mustard + crushed pecans on it for 375/15, then sear the skin in a cast iron with some butter till it's crisped. Legit best fish I've had.

I have the Instant Pot lid and it gets plenty crispy on the top portion. I hear standalone units do it better but the space saving is hard to beat.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

bowmore posted:

You can get air dryer ovens now that do both oven and air frying, i assume the air frying just means they turn up the fans or something

I always understood it to have something to do with aerosolized oil or some nonsense but I’m anything but knowledgeable.

On topic: Bought 8GB of accent RAM for my Proxmox machine so now I have 16GB to be stupid with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I have an oven that has a convection setting and that more or less turns it into an air fryer. Secret is making sure whatever you're cooking has at least a thin layer of fat coating it to help with heat transfer.