Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

This is the first time I have actually listened to her talk and she's boring.

Also, at 45:36, "Do you think the amount of time it takes to educate people on unfairness is actually worth putting in that -- rather than, maybe, teaching people how to make money?"

Way to say the kinda-quiet part out loud, Jordon Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
how many times did vaush say the n word?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Or advocate for paedophilia? That was him, weren't it?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1485107481693065216

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

This is the first time I have actually listened to her talk and she's boring.

Also, at 45:36, "Do you think the amount of time it takes to educate people on unfairness is actually worth putting in that -- rather than, maybe, teaching people how to make money?"

Way to say the kinda-quiet part out loud, Jordon Jr.

yeah she's not very good at hiding her true motives

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Idris Elba is hot as hell AND a good actor and I and many other a lady would cram into a theatre to watch him just like we did with Daniel Craig. Also he’s plenty manly? I don’t think he turns off most men either except for whiny white racist dudes that believe in replacement bullshit.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

DominoKitten posted:

Idris Elba is hot as hell AND a good actor and I and many other a lady would cram into a theatre to watch him just like we did with Daniel Craig. Also he’s plenty manly? I don’t think he turns off most men either except for whiny white racist dudes that believe in replacement bullshit.

gently caress another James Bond movie, I want a Luther movie

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ElGroucho posted:

gently caress another James Bond movie, I want a Luther movie

Goddamn YESSSSSS.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

That wormy contingent bitched up one side and down the other when he was cast as the Gatekeeper in the Thor movies—noooo they cried, my pure white Nordic goooooods, the forced woke it hurts usssss—and yet strangely the movies were still very popular and profitable.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'd like to see Robbie Coltrane as the new Bond personally, but his name is never in the mix.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
https://i.imgur.com/UA4E7a2.mp4

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

it's a little heartening to see that he's getting dunked on in the comments at least (some even from his own fans!) :unsmith:

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Maybe I have some facial blindness or something but for some reason my brain can't connect Idris Elba as Heimdall to also being Idris Elba as anything else including Idris Elba. He's just so drat cool as Heimdall.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1485107481693065216

yeah she's not very good at hiding her true motives

hmm what would upset these people about elba? hes got the accent, suaveness, and charisma to be a really good bond. what issue with him specifically could people have?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Fattest PI posted:

Maybe I have some facial blindness or something but for some reason my brain can't connect Idris Elba as Heimdall to also being Idris Elba as anything else including Idris Elba. He's just so drat cool as Heimdall.

the thing that messes me up is i first saw him in the wire so when he acts posh i think thats more of an act than him from the wire lol

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

hmm what would upset these people about elba? hes got the accent, suaveness, and charisma to be a really good bond. what issue with him specifically could people have?

What makes you think I'm upset about Elba specifically? I made no mention of him. I simply stated there will be a reckoning on all woke narratives. :smug: - jorp

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
he's just not as qualified as a guy who played superman three times

like look at him you can clearly tell he's not a qualified actor and the fact that you even think it's worth discussing means the communists have won

oh you want me to elaborate? gladly, communists are people vladimir putin does not like and there's probably some posting in this very thread,

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
considering how in to cucking these scared old white dudes are you think they would be thrilled to have their power fantasy guy be black

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

Obviously idk either but it’s worth mentioning that he also has quite a bit more than the minimum requisite sex appeal to qualify as 007. why, if Mr. Elba landed the role, he’d slot comfortably right in to a fantasy archetype of millions of women, men, and people unconstrained by binary gender expression. I doubt that means much of anything to the great replacement weirdos tho :angel:

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

literally the opposite of what's happening. It's sickening but one of the main drivers of social progress right now is that regressives are too poor to consume product, so the free market caters to progressives

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Also people have been talking about Idris Elba as the next James Bond for literally over a decade

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lol yeah, if anything the "conversation" including idris elba is an example of the free market peeping over the fence and going "poo poo, we could sell that?"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What did all these racists think of a scottish man being James Bond in the 60s? Was that an abomination too?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

they were okay with it because he hit women.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Ghostlight posted:

they were okay with it because he hit raped women.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

yeah it's hilarious cause this isn't going against the free market, but rather, it's doing exactly what the free market wants.

of course, jorp and his kind explain this away by insisting that no one aside from a few ideologues in hollywood who have bullied the executives into making this decision, actually wants elba to be james bond

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I AM GRANDO posted:

What did all these racists think of a scottish man being James Bond in the 60s? Was that an abomination too?

Scottish?

Oh, you mean the other white meat.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Yeah Elba's not English enough, can't really wear suit, and doesnt really have the on-screen presence to play a complex character like Bond.

Need someone with more action movie experience. Maybe Benedict Cumberbatch?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
this guy
James Bob

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i didn't know that about sean connery

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

james bond just plain stinks anyway

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Carlos Lantana posted:

this guy
James Bob

That guy sure bummed me the gently caress out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Gonna put this in my resume from now on

Hell, multiple years and parties

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

kntfkr posted:

That guy sure bummed me the gently caress out.

I was also saddened by the gay armless legless orator

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
That whole compilation was really great, but it was almost exclusively real dark and depressing.
Was that torso dude just sitting on his nuts all the time

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Idris would be the best Bond in my lifetime probably.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TheBizzness posted:

Idris would be the best Bond in my lifetime probably.

We don’t deserve him, it would be so great.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Ghostlight posted:

i didn't know that about sean connery
no no I meant James Bond

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ROFLburger posted:

james bond just plain stinks anyway

Yeah the movies are kinda formulaic poo poo and just promote this weird consumerist sort of GQ branded masculinity. The whole thing just feels like an ad for OMEGA WATCHES or ASTON MARTIN or PERSOL.

But in that regard Idris is still perfect for it because hes done modelling work.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The only real problem with Idris is that he's almost 50 and would be starting our around the age some other Bonds retire.

Otherwise he's a great choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
elba has said several times he has no interest in being bond, did that change or are people still trying to force him into it