Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I have zero faith in the Dead Space remaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It’s not that I don’t have faith in it, it just feels like, needless. The series has aged fine and really just needs a remastered trilogy that plays nice with modern devices. The games look and play great still. I 100% think we would have gotten some sort of mass effect type remaster until EA saw how well the resident evil remakes did. Problem is, the original RE games are from the 90s and DS is pretty modern . There’s no comparison. RE was a reimagining while this is probably gonna be a fresh coat of paint.

Really I just want new dead space games by visceral…but loving EA.

Tbf I kind of like their early promo stuff. You don’t see devs showing off super early builds like that often and the necromorph damage looks pretty rad. They seem pretty excited about it. The original art director is back for it. It very well may not suck but who knows.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I only played the Hitman game with the bondage nuns in it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

acksplode posted:

Other way around I'm sure. Hey writers this is the meta horror franchise, make sure you include a fourth wall breaky joke about how we didn't put a number at the end because we want to mass market this thing.

The film is about the concept of soft reboots and has an argument inside itself about how stupid it is to drop the numbering system of your long running franchise because everyone still knows what number it is.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven’t seen it but dropping the numbers when a franchise gets stale clearly works and piques peoples curiosity cause “is it a sequel? Is it a reboot? Remake?!? I gotta know” causes more chatter than “Saw 18” or whatever. I think it gives people the impression that it’s somehow more special. The only problem is that you can only blow that load once, or once in a while so you better make it good one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I haven’t seen it but dropping the numbers when a franchise gets stale clearly works and piques peoples curiosity cause “is it a sequel? Is it a reboot? Remake?!? I gotta know” causes more chatter than “Saw 18” or whatever. I think it gives people the impression that it’s somehow more special. The only problem is that you can only blow that load once, or once in a while so you better make it good one.

The film, in a sense, addresses this. Its a slasher film so like, Im not gonna recommend it to anyone, but it is a slasher film about soft reboots, how they're handled and other things. My favorite is how much disdain the film has for the "passing of the torch" concept soft reboots loving love.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Barudak posted:

The film, in a sense, addresses this. Its a slasher film so like, Im not gonna recommend it to anyone, but it is a slasher film about soft reboots, how they're handled and other things. My favorite is how much disdain the film has for the "passing of the torch" concept soft reboots loving love.

You don't like Slashers? Why?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

You don't like Slashers? Why?

I don't like good horror films in general and don't recommend them to people whose tastes I don't know, its not slashers in specific Im calling out

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Do you like bad horror movies then? Hell, same

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hatty posted:

Do you like bad horror movies then? Hell, same

Fuckin love bad horror movies

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Barudak posted:

Fuckin love bad horror movies

Even Things?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nobody Saves the World seems like a very easy game to get into. Some inventive character classes and a good sense of humor. I like being the horse.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The NG+ achievement in Nobody Saves the World is kind of rude, but at the same time its nice to have NG+ work in a materially different way.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Hiya folks, quick question about Game pass, is the trick to keep getting multiple months for 1$ still valid? Just finished my trial month on Xbox one, I removed the auto-renew.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

tripwood posted:

Hiya folks, quick question about Game pass, is the trick to keep getting multiple months for 1$ still valid? Just finished my trial month on Xbox one, I removed the auto-renew.

I think a dollar a month is for fresh newbie accounts? You can either make a new one and attach it to your Xbox and just share the benefits with your main, or you can let ultimate expire, then pay for xbl gold on the cheap for your main account and then convert it to ultimate.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

tripwood posted:

I just tried this today and couldn't redeem the $1 month more than once, but converting up to three years of Gold from prepaid cards to Ultimate still works. As long as your Ultimate sub has lapsed you can do the conversion.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Could you just keep doing the $1/month deal with new accounts/email addresses?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snowy posted:

Could you just keep doing the $1/month deal with new accounts/email addresses?

think you need a new card number?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You could buy a prepaid card

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Just pay the price!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Use Microsoft rewards points and get it for free.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

At that point just pirate the offline games tho since cycling new accounts you will still lose cheevos anyway.
At least its way easier than juggling burner credentials

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

think you need a new card number?

Privacy dot com

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Real hurthling! posted:

you will still lose cheevos anyway.

Worth it just for that :getin:

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
I don't care for achievements anyway. It works with the same CC. Made a new account and it works fine! Thanks!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

tripwood posted:

I don't care for achievements anyway. It works with the same CC. Made a new account and it works fine! Thanks!

:hellyeah:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
When I was going through a bad depressive period my game score was the only thing that made me feel like I had any agency.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I’m playing 50 Cent Blood on the Sand rn. It’s pretty good tbh. Great soundtrack.

Where'd you buy it? I want to play this, but it looks like it's not sold digitally and I have a hard time paying $80 for a potentially scratched up Xbox 360 disc with Fitty on it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Lammasu posted:

When I was going through a bad depressive period my game score was the only thing that made me feel like I had any agency.

The joy my 265,000 gamerscore gives me is replying to the randoms who DM me on XBL asking to buy my gamertag, is that they can have it for free if they can beat my gamerscore as only then will they be worthy of it. :madmax:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bought it in CEX for €12, I’ve had an alert up for months.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why the hell would anyone buy someone else’s gamer tag? For some made up score?

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic

Fanatic posted:

The joy my 265,000 gamerscore gives me is replying to the randoms who DM me on XBL asking to buy my gamertag

This can't actually happen right? There can't be nerds so desperate for nerd cred that they buy their way into someone's gamerscore, right?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I can confirm that many sad people would like to buy accounts for gamer score. It was giant lol because I doubt this person fishing for large gamerscores would be able to afford the combined cost of my digital library.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Death’s Door, even with its faults, is a great little game. :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ryoga posted:

I can confirm that many sad people would like to buy accounts for gamer score. It was giant lol because I doubt this person fishing for large gamerscores would be able to afford the combined cost of my digital library.

Why? I don’t get it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Number big

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm so glad I've never cared about my gamerscore

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ZeeBoi posted:

Death’s Door, even with its faults, is a great little game. :)

Yeah I have some issues (I find I frequently end up facing a totally random direction with no idea how it happened, the stat upgrades seem sort of useless, there are some wild difficulty spikes) but for the most part it’s a real joy.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Fanatic posted:

The joy my 265,000 gamerscore gives me is replying to the randoms who DM me on XBL asking to buy my gamertag, is that they can have it for free if they can beat my gamerscore as only then will they be worthy of it. :madmax:

How much are people willing to pay for this?

edit : also, 265,000 what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I dislike the stupid Gamerscore very much, because it led to complete bullshit like DRM on savegames, doing away with fun cheats, and makes some people insufferable because they "have to" play a game a certain way for their last 10 points/bronze Playstation trophy.