Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I mean, I like cold pizza, but that's only for the next day. Every single topping is cold when you get it? WTF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Eh, I've put worse things into my body.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I wonder if you get it delivered and it's warm, do you complain?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

does someone have a gun to that couple's heads?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

A) I don’t post in GDTs because they move like 75 posts a minute and I can’t keep up with that poo poo and

B) gently caress any Braks haters because I utilized her macaron pro tips tonight and made these delicious critters, so thank you Braks! I am bad at piping consistent circles, but they are cherry cookies with a dark chocolate cognac ganache filling.

I ate two and feel sick because they’re so rich and delicious

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Silly Burrito posted:

I mean, I like cold pizza, but that's only for the next day. Every single topping is cold when you get it? WTF.

My impression was that the toppings were warm

I dunno, it would probably be acceptable if not for the difficulty of actually eating the thing.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

T-Square posted:

A) I don’t post in GDTs because they move like 75 posts a minute and I can’t keep up with that poo poo and

B) gently caress any Braks haters because I utilized her macaron pro tips tonight and made these delicious critters, so thank you Braks! I am bad at piping consistent circles, but they are cherry cookies with a dark chocolate cognac ganache filling.

I ate two and feel sick because they’re so rich and delicious

Ooh, nice job! They have really nice feet! In the future, if you ever make them again, trace a glass on one side of your parchment in pencil in the size you want the cookies to be, then flip the paper over when you pipe and use it as a template. I think if you make them a bit smaller in diameter, you'll get a really nice dome. But overall, super good job! Proud of you!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog posted:

My impression was that the toppings were warm

It said in the video, they cook just a tiny bit of cheese but all toppings are cold.

Edit: Nice job T-Square, those look great!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

I wonder if you get it delivered and it's warm, do you complain?
When I delivered pizza at Domino's we had these insulated heated bags that had a metal plate in the bottom that warmed up with a magnetic induction system. Those got really toasty and would totally warm up a cold pizza if someone was bonkers enough to order a cold pizza. It wouldn't bake the dough properly but it would melt the cheese and warm up the toppings.

One of the older stores I worked at had bags that had to be plugged in. That did not happen often. They were fine as insulated bags. And for orders of 10 or more we had an insulated duffel bag thing.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

Ooh, nice job! They have really nice feet! In the future, if you ever make them again, trace a glass on one side of your parchment in pencil in the size you want the cookies to be, then flip the paper over when you pipe and use it as a template. I think if you make them a bit smaller in diameter, you'll get a really nice dome. But overall, super good job! Proud of you!

Thank you! Yeah, I am going to try a different flavor combination next weekend if I’m not too busy and the first thought I had was to make them smaller and make a template to use, I have a small glass from a whiskey tasting event that I think will be the perfect size. The parchment I have has a grid on it that I tried to use as a template but the squares are just a bit too big. And yes, I got really excited when I went to rotate halfway through baking and saw the feetsies developing :3:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

fartknocker posted:

Go old school:

The sole reason I'll never wear Crocs.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Holy poo poo I haven’t touched Hades in like 2 or 3 weeks and managed to knock of the hydra on my third attempt. With the Fists no less.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The hydra on extreme measures 2 is bullshit

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fists with lightning, dodge with reflect and a half decent debuff on special has netted me I think my most heat completions - like 7 or 8.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think the furthest Heat I successfully went was 15, but it's been long enough I don't think I could do that again right away. Granted a lot of those were things like traps and speedrun ones, which while a negative aren't huge run-killers.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Some Pact conditions are definitely free rolls with certain weapons, or once you hit a certain skill level. Keep playing!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Y'all got me to boot up Hades for the first time in forever.

Take the gun, get endless upgrades for the mortar special attack. Get the thing that makes the mortar damage me but do absurd damage.

Clear past the twins for the first time... immediately get ruined by the tiny rear end rooms in the next area.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also nice, the guitarist for the Nazi group Screwdriver died of covid.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Good weekend vibes: I collected 8 years worth of camera gear I slowly and haphazardly accumulated and turned it into a Sony a7iii and a couple of really nice lenses

Bad weekend vibes: found out someone at work tested positive for the ‘vid Saturday, aka two days after I was in the office to give an in person presentation. I’m all boosted up and everything and wore an N95, but not ideal!!!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Pulled a muscle in my back in a scramble for toilet last night and I'm miserable. Gastroenteritis plus this is awful.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Oh god there’s a How I Met Your Father and it’s….we’ll it’s about as bad as you’d expect

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Braks if someone makes some super uncalled-for lovely post about you or anyone else, please report it. Mods can't keep up with most threads and in particular GDTs, we rely on reports a lot.

Not saying you should go back to GDTs, I can't keep up with them and only rarely bother myself. Just, you don't have to put up with being run out of any thread for BS reasons. That's unacceptable.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm pretty sure this is Tomato Pie

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just found out my cousin's wife (they had been separated on and off) died of COVID. She was only in her early 30s. No idea if she was vaxxed but gonna assume not!

She was taking care of their 2 kids and my cousin is... not in the right mindset to raise kids with an addiction problem. Just a poo poo situation all around.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well that really loving sucks. I hope your cousin can get some help.

Kalli posted:

Also nice, the guitarist for the Nazi group Screwdriver died of covid.

Haha suck it Nazi. gently caress Screwdriver.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Leperflesh posted:

Braks if someone makes some super uncalled-for lovely post about you or anyone else, please report it. Mods can't keep up with most threads and in particular GDTs, we rely on reports a lot.

Not saying you should go back to GDTs, I can't keep up with them and only rarely bother myself. Just, you don't have to put up with being run out of any thread for BS reasons. That's unacceptable.

I'll definitely keep that in mind for any future comments. Thanks!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

Fists with lightning, dodge with reflect and a half decent debuff on special has netted me I think my most heat completions - like 7 or 8.

I’ve not been a fan of the fists generally but my boons worked well. I can’t remember all the names but I got a dash deflect, dash lightning, sturdy while attack/special, and some big power ups on them too. Allows me to just dash and pummel as hard as I can. I’d usually preferred ranged weapons but this was a good combo. Also I made it a point to use cast more.

I saved it in the little transition room because I had to get to bed. First time out of asphodel. I’m sure the next one is going to gently caress me up hard.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Taken from the TVIV thread but holy lol:

https://twitter.com/BeijingPalmer/s...ingawful.com%2F

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Isn't that basically the ending of the book? I vaguely recall it being less clear whether or not he actually blew up the buildings in the book.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

https://youtu.be/TvkvOfm5Vo0

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Isn't that basically the ending of the book? I vaguely recall it being less clear whether or not he actually blew up the buildings in the book.

The bombs didn't go off because Tyler hosed up the mixture. After the narrator shoots himself he wakes up in a psych ward, also finding out that all the employees are Project Mayhem members leaving it open for Tyler to return.

It was also a museum in the book, not credit card companies

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Blowing up credit card companies is a hell of a lot cooler than blowing up museums.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

seiferguy posted:

Blowing up credit card companies is a hell of a lot cooler than blowing up museums.

Abso-loving-lutely. I think even Chuck Palahniuk has publicly said the ending of the movie is way better than the ending of his book.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Don’t rewatch fight club.

Just let it live on in your memory

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

That is most things you watched years ago and look back fondly on. Especially anything from your childhood.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hackers holds up and is, if anything, better then when I was in high school.

Wanna go make a whole lot of my friends rewatch Boondock Saints though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
nothing is safe

https://twitter.com/aklingus/status/1485347120932552704?s=21

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

A low key highlight for me is the ankle-height window/lightbox/decoration slot/???

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

Hackers holds up and is, if anything, better then when I was in high school.

Wanna go make a whole lot of my friends rewatch Boondock Saints though.

Oh gently caress, that's (Boondock Saints) probably the worst movie that I used to like.

Fight Club still holds up, just for opposite reasons than when you liked it as a teenage boy. Brad Pitt, at probably the peak of of being absolutely chiseled out of marble, (like he's still way more attractive than any man I've met in real life, but he's not 1999 Brad Pitt) pointing at a Calvin Klein ad and saying "Self-improvement is masturbation" is top tier satire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Oh gently caress, that's (Boondock Saints) probably the worst movie that I used to like.

Now imagine you were around Boston when that came out with a ton of people who'd scrawl 26+6=1 on everything.

In high school I once got extra credit for going to see this film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb0BCqgMPmo

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 24, 2022