Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

triplepost but i want to make it abundantly clear that julia on veep was like the hottest woman on the planet hands down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

i say swears online posted:

it sucked so much. baggy and unkempt everywhere but your face, no facial hair allowed from 1991-2004

that’s one thing that really stands out to me about Seinfeld today, Jerry and George are supposed to be in their mid-30s. They look terrible for that age in the show, it’s nuts.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Jason Alexander started the show at like age 30 I’m pretty sure

a thinner Stav with no skincare regimen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

that’s one thing that really stands out to me about Seinfeld today, Jerry and George are supposed to be in their mid-30s. They look terrible for that age in the show, it’s nuts.

yeah it's weird being older than all of seinfeld and friends and married with children while looking and dressing twenty years younger. 90s fashion/grooming/skincare is almost as bad as the 1920s

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bust Rodd posted:

jerry looked about right, at least early on

it ran for almost a decade so yea he was pushing it by 1998

george has the unfortunate stephen miller look
(this man was 29 when his picture was taken)

but yes in general hollywood/tv vastly skewed my perception of what ppl's age-face when i was young bc ppl who were supposed to be like 20-30 were played by 40-60 year old dudes all the time

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

probably that she was insanely annoying and rude

Saying this with complete confidence about everyone in new york

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If your date tells you they're an influencer you should probably just leave on the spot.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

george has the unfortunate stephen miller look
(this man was 29 when his picture was taken)

george looks much better as a serial killer tho

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If your date tells you they're an influencer you should probably just leave on the spot.

gunna metoo my date for them leaving after i told them i was an influencer

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i have vague memories of jerry being very thin which passed for "in good shape" back then.

also, i saw jason alexander in his stand up/variety show where he talked about how the day he got his braces off was when he noticed he was going bald.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I think they just look like what square adults dressed back then
except dreyfus, of course

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/bocxtop/status/1484958139594076161?cxt=HHwWgsCjje7j0JspAAAA

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

triplepost but i want to make it abundantly clear that julia on veep was like the hottest woman on the planet hands down

i cant watch veep since i know a guy in it and it makes me too insanely jealous to endure

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
something i wonder about seinfeld is in the show lore how often did they hang out. like did they hang out a lot or does the show drop in like once a week or every other week? other than jerry and kramer who i am lead to believe have breakfast together most days

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

something i wonder about seinfeld is in the show lore how often did they hang out. like did they hang out a lot or does the show drop in like once a week or every other week? other than jerry and kramer who i am lead to believe have breakfast together most days

pretty sure the essence of Kramer is that he'll come sliding into the apartment at any given time

George and Elaine tend to keep to themselves if they're in a really good scheme, but always come running to Jerry to gloat...

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JosephPera/status/1485310268557172736

joe pera go to the cabin with the boys for a weekend and record 15 cum town episodes with them

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

:eyepop: :worship: :pray:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Victory Position posted:

pretty sure the essence of Kramer is that he'll come sliding into the apartment at any given time

George and Elaine tend to keep to themselves if they're in a really good scheme, but always come running to Jerry to gloat...

George & Jerry have been best friends since they were little kids, Jerry’s relationship with Elaine is the real headscratcher TBH

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

George & Jerry have been best friends since they were little kids, Jerry’s relationship with Elaine is the real headscratcher TBH

yeah, like she finds Kramer off-putting, but cute, and will plot or try to one-up George, but Jerry? is she just showing off to him at all times?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve also watched a handful of episodes at my moms recently and I’d completely forgotten how many scenes or plots revolve around George trying to gently caress Elaine. there was a whole episode about it but he also, like, makes all these weird comments like “Jerry slept with my date 3 years ago, so I should get to gently caress you!” kind of stuff that makes me think there were literally no women whatsoever in the Seinfeld writer’s room.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Victory Position posted:

yeah, like she finds Kramer off-putting, but cute, and will plot or try to one-up George, but Jerry? is she just showing off to him at all times?

Wasn’t the backstory that she and Jerry had dated and then become friends. I’m going entirely off of memory here but I think that’s right. Which makes no loving sense because it’s made repeatedly clear that Jerry doesn’t keep women around when he’s done sleeping with them

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
yeah that’s the backstory for their relationship, and it just completely makes no sense for Jerry, but in the shows defense Elaine is shown to keep around like 3-4 guys for casual sex or hang outs, so maybe it’s just Elaine keeps calling and Jerry is too polite to be like “I don’t wanna hang out with you anymore”

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

yeah that’s the backstory for their relationship, and it just completely makes no sense for Jerry, but in the shows defense Elaine is shown to keep around like 3-4 guys for casual sex or hang outs, so maybe it’s just Elaine keeps calling and Jerry is too polite to be like “I don’t wanna hang out with you anymore”

so he's the ever-present jackass that's always trying to show off to Elaine that he can hook up whenever he wants and it always blows up in his face

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
which Seinfeld characters had which STDs? Elaine raw dogging half the city with only a sponge is wild.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
boomers didn't have STDs in the 90s

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Elaine's getting an abortion (not that there's anything wrong with that)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
at one point elaine dates shaun king

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

at one point elaine dates shaun king

Lmao holy poo poo I remember the “is he black?” episode but I didn’t realize the likeness was there too

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that ending is one of my favorites, where they realize they're both white and then agree to go to The Gap

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

that ending is one of my favorites, where they realize they're both white and then agree to go to The Gap

that's actually not that funny and would be more at home in a lesser 90s sitcom like friends or mad about you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jerry and Elaine did gently caress at least once during the course of the show. i forget the exact episode though

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Jerry proposes to Elaine in the episode where he decides to become more open and honest about his feelings and she accepts so I think their relationship is they like each other but are too hung up on stupid bullshit to admit it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

makes me think there were literally no women whatsoever in the Seinfeld writer’s room.

I’m going to murder you in cold blood mother fucker. idpol in my Seinfeld lmfao. gently caress you.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve also watched a handful of episodes at my moms recently and I’d completely forgotten how many scenes or plots revolve around George trying to gently caress Elaine. there was a whole episode about it but he also, like, makes all these weird comments like “Jerry slept with my date 3 years ago, so I should get to gently caress you!” kind of stuff that makes me think there were literally no women whatsoever in the Seinfeld writer’s room.

Larry David was just trying to get his self insert character to score with Julia Louis Dreyfus and can you blame him?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Jerry and Elaine did gently caress at least once during the course of the show. i forget the exact episode though

when they both haven't been laid for too long and they decide to have a fwb situation

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

jerry has erectile dysfunction but remembers kramer's mangoes

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

crepeface posted:

when they both haven't been laid for too long and they decide to have a fwb situation

the origin of the eyeroll

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

I’m going to murder you in cold blood mother fucker. idpol in my Seinfeld lmfao. gently caress you.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjuCx2EQt1k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

watch that and calm down, smythe.