Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Nick Jackson vs Trent?
HM: Jade Cargill vs Anna Jay

Both from Rampage. The Jade match is exactly what she should be doing. 9-10 minutes where she is dominant but her opponent gets more than basic hope spots.

Seconded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Trent Baretta vs. Nick Jackson, AEW Rampage, 21/01
MOTYC: HOOK vs. Serpentico, AEW Rampage, 21/01
HM: Jade Cargill vs. Anna Jay, AEW Rampage, 21/01

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Winter in Shinjuku January 20th
HM
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) and Cat and Bird (Haruna Neko and Kaya Toribami) vs Raku, Pom Harajuku, Mahiro Kiryu and Marika Kobashi
- A real fun 8 person tag to start the show, everyone got a chance to show off and the tag champs didn't look too dominant over the field

AriSuzu (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs Rival Schools: United by Fate (Moka Miyamoto and Yuki Arai)
- Goddamn Arai is so loving cool, she already a star and she's been doing this less than a year. This was a great rookie battle and shows that the TJPW dojo is really good at developing talent, the most experienced person here was Suzume and she only debuted in August 2019

121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) vs VenYu (Asuka and Kamiyu)
- This was heckin rad, they gave us a taste of the rad kickladies beating the hell out of each other and left us wanting more. Itoh and Kamiyu more than held up their end of the match as well.

DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)
- Miu is strong, match is good

A very fun card that should have had the big show treatment with commentary

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
drat I'm gonna have to check out 121000000 vs VENYu

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll swing back to watch the rest of the show after NOAH is done but for now

DDT Sweet Dreams January 20th
MOTYC
Yuji Hino vs Kazuki Hirata vs Toru Owashi vs Naomi Yoshimura
- This was a goddamn masterclass, Kazuki Hirata is a master at physical comedy and Yuji Hino hanging out as three of the members of DisasterBox hosed about was hilarious. TOKYOOOO

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM: Haoh vs Nioh. Noah Higher Ground 2022, January 22.

Former best friends just absolutely battering the living gently caress out of each other.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Lamuella posted:

HM: Haoh vs Nioh. Noah Higher Ground 2022, January 22.

Former best friends just absolutely battering the living gently caress out of each other.

2nd, these guys hate each other and you can hear it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Jun Akiyama & Antonio Honda vs. Yukio Naya & Yuki Ishida - DDT Sweet Dreams! 1/22

Just silly nonsense, with Uncle Jun playing along to make it all the more fun. Plus Naya is like 14 feet tall, which makes for some tremondously entertaining mismatches.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC: Jun Akiyama & Antonio Honda Vs Yukio Naya & Yuki Ishida - DDT Sweet Dreams! 1/22

HM just for being a very entertaining, well worked match. MOTYC because I'm sucker for Jun doing pure strain DDT stuff

Bizzaro world dad's tag

The young boys do all the offence and Jun does Honda spots

Honda works his rear end off for this as well

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Higher Ground January 22nd
MOTYC
Nioh vs Haoh
- I absolutely loved this, you could feel the hate flowing as these long time tag partners beat the holy hell out of each other

HM
Momo no Seishun (Atsushi Kotoge and Hajime Ohara) vs Stinger (Yuya Susumu and Seiki Yoshioka) - GHC Junior Team Championships
- Very good juniors match, only let down by a finish that really came out of nowhere

M's Alliance (Naomichi Marufuji and Masato Tanaka) vs Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba)
- Cannot go wrong with these four. Sugi and Tanaka beat the poo poo out of each other, Saku was his usual wily self, and Marufuji was the glue holding it together

Kenoh (c) vs Masakatsu Funaki - GHC National Championship
- Short and brutal, both guys got to throw some hard shots and showed off some cool grappling. And the post-match, talk about a shock

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) and Cat and Bird (Haruna Neko and Kaya Toribami) vs Raku, Pom Harajuku, Mahiro Kiryu and Marika Kobashi
- A real fun 8 person tag to start the show, everyone got a chance to show off and the tag champs didn't look too dominant over the field

AriSuzu (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs Rival Schools: United by Fate (Moka Miyamoto and Yuki Arai)
- Goddamn Arai is so loving cool, she already a star and she's been doing this less than a year. This was a great rookie battle and shows that the TJPW dojo is really good at developing talent, the most experienced person here was Suzume and she only debuted in August 2019

- This was heckin rad, they gave us a taste of the rad kickladies beating the hell out of each other and left us wanting more. Itoh and Kamiyu more than held up their end of the match as well.

DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)

Thanks for posting this, pretty much echoes my thoughts. Daydream v KK was pretty close to MOTYC for me.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Nick Jackson vs Trent?
HM: Jade Cargill vs Anna Jay

Both from Rampage. The Jade match is exactly what she should be doing. 9-10 minutes where she is dominant but her opponent gets more than basic hope spots.

NTH. I was really concerned with them putting Jade vs Anna (and Hook) on live TV but it worked out well.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Higher Ground January 22nd
M's Alliance (Naomichi Marufuji and Masato Tanaka) vs Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba)
- Cannot go wrong with these four. Sugi and Tanaka beat the poo poo out of each other, Saku was his usual wily self, and Marufuji was the glue holding it together

Kenoh (c) vs Masakatsu Funaki - GHC National Championship
- Short and brutal, both guys got to throw some hard shots and showed off some cool grappling. And the post-match, talk about a shock

nth

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

HM: Jon Moxley vs. "All Ego" Ethan Page, AEW Rampage, 21/01
HM: Trent Baretta vs. Nick Jackson, AEW Rampage, 21/01
HM: Jade Cargill vs. Anna Jay, AEW Rampage, 21/01

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
AEW Rampage 21/1

HM: Trent Beretta vs Nick Jackson
HM: Jade Cargill vs Anna Jay - This was Jade's best match by an absolute country mile

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

ICW No Holds Barred vol 21 01/22/2021
HM: Shane Douglas vs Danny Demanto

HM: Justin Kyle vs KRULE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW New Years Wars January 23rd
MOTYC
Kento Miyahara vs Ryuki Honda - Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship
- Spoilers for the three people on the forums that care about All Japan but not enough to watch it live, definitely check this one out. Exceeded all my expectations

HM
Ryuki Honda vs Shotaro Ashino
- Honda has come a long way since I started watching last year and he was barely out of being a Young Boy, definitely got he feeling that both guys were holding back which makes sense considering the winner had a second match.

Total Eclipse (Koji Doi and Kuma Arashi) vs NEXTREAM (Yuma Aoyagi and Atsuki Aoyagi)
- The Aoyagi brothers played great foils to the beefy bois of TE

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs. Ryuki Honda for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW New Year Wars (1/23)

I really can't say much about this match without giving away who won the two semi final matches in the tournament but neither was really worth your time so don't feel too bad about clicking the spoilers. This was a fantastic breakout performance for Honda, especially after following Rising Hayato making GBS threads the bed in the junior title match. He looked loving great and didn't look like he was out of his depth being in there with Kento. His offence all looked amazing and there were a few spots where he made me believe he was going to do it. Best AJPW match I've seen in a long time. I just wish Kyohei Wada was replaced by Nikkan Lee for main event matches.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Sticky Nate posted:

ICW No Holds Barred vol 21 01/22/2021
HM: Shane Douglas vs Danny Demanto

HM: Justin Kyle vs KRULE
I 2nd these two but also add

MOTYC: Satu Jinn vs. Casanova Valentine
HM: Mickie Knuckles vs. Ludark Shaitan
MOTYC: Hoodfoot vs. Big F'n Joe
HM: John Wayne Murdoch vs. Reed Bentley

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

MOTYC: 1/23 GCW WRLD - Team Bandido (Bandido, ASF, & Laredo Kid) vs. Team Gringo (Gringo Loco, Arez, & Demonic Flamita)

Luchamazing, as they say. Total clusterfuck but also awesome.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thanlis posted:

MOTYC: 1/23 GCW WRLD - Team Bandido (Bandido, ASF, & Laredo Kid) vs. Team Gringo (Gringo Loco, Arez, & Demonic Flamita)

:yeah:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Thanlis posted:

nth

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MOTYC: 1/23 GCW WRLD - Joey Janela vs Matt Cardona

God drat what a glorious and beautiful mess

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Thanlis posted:

Nth

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

+1

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

HM: 1/23 GCW WRLD - Blake Christian vs. Lio Rush

Wish this had ended as well as it started but I sure loved the opening. These two should work together a bunch.

Laughed my rear end off at the Cardona/Janela match but it got too overbooked for me to nom it. Which isn’t to say I didn’t like it a lot.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
GCW The Wrld on GCW 1/23
HM: ASF, Bandido, Laredo Kid vs. Arez, Demonic Flamita, Gringo Loco
WMOTYC: Matt Cardona vs. Joey Janela

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Cardona / Janela owned but I can't nominate it. But if you weren't cracking up and having a great time I don't know what to tell you.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Wrld on GCW 1/23:

MOTYC: Team Bandido (Bandido, ASF, & Laredo Kid) vs. Team Gringo (Gringo Loco, Arez, & Demonic Flamita)
MOTYC: Blake Christian v Lio Rush
HM: Matt Cardona v Joey Janella

WMOTYC: Seven-man Grab the Brass Ring Ladder Match
(too many bad/dangerous spots. i had a great time but omgwtf)

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
GCW: The Wrld on GCW 1/23
MOTYC: Team Bandido (Bandido, ASF, & Laredo Kid) vs. Team Gringo (Gringo Loco, Arez, & Demonic Flamita)
MOTYC: Joey Janela vs Matt Cardona

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Actually I'm also gonna nominate the scramble from that show. I always love the way GCW puts those together, just pure spotfests. There were some sloppy moments but still very fun.

HM: Grim Reefer vs Shane Mercer vs Dante Leon vs Alex Zayne vs Jack Cartwheel vs Ninja Mack

and it was on the free preshow, 40 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F13rtsoKDU&t=2399s

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Wrld on GCW 1/23:

HM: Blake Christian v Lio Rush
HM: Matt Cardona v Joey Janella

The Cardona/Janela match felt like it was booked by a broken predictive AI.

Penguin Patrol posted:

HM: Grim Reefer vs Shane Mercer vs Dante Leon vs Alex Zayne vs Jack Cartwheel vs Ninja Mack

This is the first GCW show I’ve seen. A lot of fun. I need to watch more.

Dr. Dirt fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 24, 2022

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Penguin Patrol posted:

Nth, I forgot that one.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
16th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Bumper Crop
GHC Heavyweight Title
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masa Kitamiya

The cage match last year was better but good lord I love listening to Nak kick people.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Penguin Patrol posted:

MOTYC: Joey Janela vs Matt Cardona

Penguin Patrol posted:

Actually I'm also gonna nominate the scramble from that show. I always love the way GCW puts those together, just pure spotfests. There were some sloppy moments but still very fun.

Nth on all of these

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Kevino07 posted:

HM: Adam Cole vs. Trent Baretta, AEW Rampage, 14/01
HM: Kris Statlander, Leyla Hirsch & Red Velvet vs. Nyla Rose, The Bunny & Penelope Ford, AEW Rampage, 14/01
MOTYC: Jurassic Express vs. Alex Reynolds & John Silver for the AEW World Tag Team Championship, AEW Rampage, 14/01

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander vs. Adam Cole & Britt Baker, AEW Dynamite 1/19
HM: Sting & Darby Allin vs. The Acclaimed, AEW Dynamite 1/19

Both matches were a TON of fun. And holy gently caress Sting you're sixty-two Goddamn years old!

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 1/21

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Ethan Page
HM: Nick Jackson vs. Trent Beretta
HM : HOOK vs. Serpentico
HM: Jade Cargill vs. Anna Jay

This is Rampage baby

HM for the Hook match but otherwise Nth all these

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Steve Maclin vs. Jonathan Gresham, Impact 1/20
HM: Acey Romero vs. Mike Bailey, REVOLVER Once Upon a Time in Iowa 1/16

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
23rd January
All Japan New Year Wars Night 3
Triple Crown Title Tournament 1st Round
Kento Miyahara vs Suwama

You just get a base level of very good when these 2 dudes clash.

HM
23rd January
Triple Crown Title Tournament 1st Round
Ryuki Honda vs Shotaro Ashino

This pair don't have the same history, they had 1 match during Honda's trial series, although they have been on opposite sides going back to 2019 in Wrestle-1, but Ashino was a top dog while Honda was just starting out & still a teenagers. But they still put together a match that is well worth a watch. Shame about referee Wada but All Japan :shrug:

WMOTYC
23rd January
All Asia Tag Team Titles
TOTAL ECLIPSE (Hokuto Omori & Yusuke Kodama) vs Devil Murasaki & Izanagi

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart. Devil Murasaki matches are pain.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Voices of Wrestling has started releasing its Match of the Year polling results for 2021. https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2022/01/24/vow-2021-match-of-the-year-introduction-sadness-village/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

Voices of Wrestling has started releasing its Match of the Year polling results for 2021. https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2022/01/24/vow-2021-match-of-the-year-introduction-sadness-village/

Yeah baby! Chris Brookes vs. Lulu Pencil top 100 placing!