Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

while i'm uncertain why anyone would send hatemail to a child to begin with, doubly why the hell aren't her parents throwing it out before it gets to her

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Shugojin posted:

while i'm uncertain why anyone would send hatemail to a child to begin with, doubly why the hell aren't her parents throwing it out before it gets to her

Ask Wil Wheaton.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Stultus Maximus posted:

Ask Wil Wheaton.

Or that kid that played Baby Darth Vader

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
The case is gonna hinge all Encyclopedia Brown-style on the foot, isn't it. Rene can't draw feet, can he, but Sarah can? It's a cartooning in-joke.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Shugojin posted:

they respect her privacy that's why they didn't read her Kitty Cop fan letter either

will Rex and June personally have to pay damages from this lawsuit and not the publisher or something

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

ChaCha Chako

Some Guy TT posted:

How do we bribe you into translating this comic every day?
This particular series is only updated weekly (most of his dailies are the fat cat or the cute mouse or things in that vein) and often pun-based and/or just very surreal, but I'll see what I can do!
Night Visitors

Snow rabbits are rabbit-shaped snow sculptures people make here, sort of more-adorable snowmen, with leaves for ears and berries for eyes.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Tomorrow will be the last of the fanart and then I'll start over from the beginning.

Jucika Fanart

First two are charming, last one is outstanding. The art, the layout, the joke, the expressions, the wholesome cute-lewd. Some real Pusztai energy!

Tossing in two more that feature full frontal nudity but have actual jokes. There's a few more by this same artist though I think these are the most clever of them.

NSFW Jucika Fancomic 1 Great joke!
NSFW Jucika Fancomic 2

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

LMAO that first NSFW is the perfect modern Jucika

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

This is my favorite of the fan made Jucika strips.

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

Mary Worth continues its rapid descent into self-parody.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Giant Ethicist posted:

This particular series is only updated weekly (most of his dailies are the fat cat or the cute mouse or things in that vein) and often pun-based and/or just very surreal, but I'll see what I can do!
Night Visitors

Snow rabbits are rabbit-shaped snow sculptures people make here, sort of more-adorable snowmen, with leaves for ears and berries for eyes.

Aaand you're in the OP, between Nancy and Oaky Doaks. Thank you kindly :)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I love Boss Dharma. Those last 3 panels, hahahahaha.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Doomykins posted:

Modern Mandrake, you're alright.

More generally good fanart today!

Jucika But Modern

That ain't Jucika.

gleebster fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 24, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

gleebster posted:

That ain't Jucika.

Yeah like the one on the bus, dont know exactly how to fix the punchlines but there's definitely better ones to be had.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Doomykins posted:

Tomorrow will be the last of the fanart and then I'll start over from the beginning.

Jucika Fanart

First two are charming, last one is outstanding. The art, the layout, the joke, the expressions, the wholesome cute-lewd. Some real Pusztai energy!

Tossing in two more that feature full frontal nudity but have actual jokes. There's a few more by this same artist though I think these are the most clever of them.

NSFW Jucika Fancomic 2

The zipatone on that first nsfw one really anchors it in that 60s era.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass is on break

Old School Peanuts (Apr 24, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Aug 13-14, 1990)

No Blind Alley today but here's a cool illustration he did.

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

I for one am glad that hobo kid eventually finds his way into town.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Doomykins posted:

Jucika Fanart

NSFW Jucika Fancomic 2

OK, these are quite nice.

In today's Blueberry: Blueberry is bad with money, or Blueberry puts his foot in his mouth, as usual, or Who here likes history?!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake/Johnny Hazard doesn't update on Sundays.

90s Overboard

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

John Allison posted:

Amy has just signed her friends’ death warrant. But, you know, in a nice way.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Not sure if it's already been posted but here's a pretty good video on the whole "Garfield as a Lovecraftian monstrosity" phenomenon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2C5R3FOWdE

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (March 23, 2010)

Arlo and Janis Classic (March 23, 2000)

Garfield Classic (March 23, 1990)

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

This is the Thursday, so we're probably not at enough to convict in the Enyclopedia Brown Kangaroo Court of law, but...

In the U.S. interstate highway system, even-numbered routes generally run east-to-west, not north to south. This is the case in Florida's state route numbering system, as well, which is where I have been told the town of Idaville is located.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple: Clotted Crime Part 4 - Jason

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Tom’s office pictures were suggested by members of the Steeple audience on Twitter. They’re Aleister Crowley, and former TV “funnyman” and all-round entertainer Michael Barrymore.

Here we see Tom's habit of crushing eggs as a coping mechanism, as was seen in The Silvery Moon storyline;

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Life status: still sucks. Slowly getting better.

Have some terrible comics.

Classic Kevin & Kell in: college orientation (August 1-7, 2005)

Modern Kevin & Kell

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I hope things get better for you soon, Mikl.

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 05, 1949)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

manero posted:

Nancy 1947

That would be a stress on Sluggo's throat more than a pain in that guy's neck. Immersion ruined.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Gawain's expression in the 6th panel, holy poo poo.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mikl posted:

Modern Kevin & Kell

This is the worst magic trick I've ever seen.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/23/02

Brenda Starr 1/12-14/48

Smokey Stover 10/14/45

Everyday Movies 10/10/34

"I guess your son must be doing pretty good down in New York, Mrs. Allen -- I see he sends you letters now instead of penny post-cards."

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

You're saying this like a deterrent when we have been reading Chako & ChaCha for over a year

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

We also read Rae the Doe. I love the work you do translating and every weird Q-Rais strip, thanks for everything Giant Ethicist.

Jucika Fanart

The truest modern Jucika.

2nd one is some perfect Jucika. :discourse:

Thanks everybody, tomorrow we restart from strip 1 the tale of a young, independent woman, frequently in risqué situations!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Doomykins posted:

Thanks everybody, tomorrow we restart from strip 1 the tale of a young, independent woman, frequently in risqué situations!

I thought someone was already posting Mary Worth?
:rimshot:

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Calling it now, Wilbur's island and resort are a Jacob's Ladder dying hallucination of his oxygen starved brain as he drowns in the icy embrace of the sea.

Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

El Spamo posted:

Calling it now, Wilbur's island and resort are a Jacob's Ladder dying hallucination of his oxygen starved brain as he drowns in the icy embrace of the sea.

Please.

Hope is sort of alive.

Alternatively he may be planning to go to his own funeral to show up Estelle, having forgotten he has a daughter.