Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think thats like the "beginner" set to help new people ease into Gloomhaven. Its supposed to be fun though

Yeah I got it because it should be easier to get going. Not like Monopoly or something though. But it got stellar reviews. I hope it's fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
All I know about gloomhaven is that my friend has a game going and it’s covering his pool table and two additional fold out tables

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Mrs. Rice is currently making individual chicken pot pies.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
CHARCUTERIE and a salad

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Steak and a regular potato. Blue cheese on the steak. I must get more broccoli.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

shared some hummus, falafel, and a chicken shawarma sandwich from the middle eastern grocery store/butcher

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I didn't think I liked guacamole until recently and I'd never made it, but I just used Alton Brown's fairly standard recipe and it blew me the gently caress away.

I'd planned to throw it on some cheesy nachos with salsa but I ended up just eating most of it with chips like a goddamn animal.

The cilantro, garlic, fresh squeezed lime with avocado...so simple and it was honestly one of the best things I've ever tasted.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pork fillets with carrot and zucchini.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I didn't think I liked guacamole until recently and I'd never made it, but I just used Alton Brown's fairly standard recipe and it blew me the gently caress away.

I'd planned to throw it on some cheesy nachos with salsa but I ended up just eating most of it with chips like a goddamn animal.

The cilantro, garlic, fresh squeezed lime with avocado...so simple and it was honestly one of the best things I've ever tasted.

This has inspired me to try guacamole again.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah I got it because it should be easier to get going. Not like Monopoly or something though. But it got stellar reviews. I hope it's fun!

nexous posted:

This has inspired me to try guacamole again.

Gonna need a couple trip reports!

I made short ribs after I checked out the Chinese grocer and they were way cheaper.

Usually I have them in kind of a tomato based sauce but this was more garlic, rosemary, onion, beef broth...sweet poo poo they were good!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Made a macaroni and cheese and ham casserole. I still have lots of ham. And broccoli, which I admittedly overcooked.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Mushroom Stroganoff and Jeera rice

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I got lazy and didn't set it up. I want to learn how to play it on my own (you can do that) and then we'll play. I feel bad. :(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got lazy and didn't set it up. I want to learn how to play it on my own (you can do that) and then we'll play. I feel bad. :(

Don't feel too bad. It would probably be really boring just sitting there for an hour+ while learning how to move all the enemies.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I was eating this really great hot chicken sandwich and it was so good I gave no regard and bit my finger

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I made spaghetti bolognese (using impossible burger meat, you should try it if you haven’t) and broccoli

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Gatts posted:

I was eating this really great hot chicken sandwich and it was so good I gave no regard and bit my finger

:jackin:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Beers and a box of chocolate rugelagh

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I made tuna casserole for the first time! It was really good!

I followed this recipe. https://www.spendwithpennies.com/easy-tuna-casserole/

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

chicken, brown rice+quinoa, red beans, yogurt(dessert)

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Guacamole is something I never really ate, because I disliked avocados for no logical reason. Well I’ve been making an effort to eat things “I don’t like” and here we go.

Went with the suggested Alton Brown recipe:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/guacamole-recipe-1940609

Added a bit more salt and lime than it called for.

Verdict: I like guacamole

Will go on nachos and or tacos tonight if it survives til then.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That looks excellent.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I present the double decker guac tac

If you’re the ceo of Taco Bell, call me, I got ideas

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

nexous posted:

Lookin good

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

nexous posted:

:stare:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I did it, took 4.5 hours but I did it.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

half gallon of milk

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the two previous posts encompass the human condition, hth

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Avocados have been stupid cheap here all summer, so I'm getting 2 every few days and just making batch after batch of guac. Some are outright abominations, most are pretty righteous. It's like the goat of the larder that helps me keep the coriander and other things that might die in the crisper/herb patch turning over and well used.
Found these amazing tortillas – 2 ingredients: corn and salt.
https://imgur.com/a/w4mP7GG

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

There were cheap prawns and tomatoes at the supermarket.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Tiggum posted:

There were cheap prawns and tomatoes at the supermarket.

you did good

i just scored a solid deal on ground turkey and i suspect i will also put it on a plate and eat it, similar to how you made your meal

E: but i also did just get 8 gallons of milk so its gonna be a tough call

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

BastardAus posted:

Avocados have been stupid cheap here all summer, so I'm getting 2 every few days and just making batch after batch of guac. Some are outright abominations, most are pretty righteous. It's like the goat of the larder that helps me keep the coriander and other things that might die in the crisper/herb patch turning over and well used.
Found these amazing tortillas – 2 ingredients: corn and salt.
https://imgur.com/a/w4mP7GG

From Harris Farm?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
peppermint hot wing

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

rear end (again)

just kiddin it was leftover cottage pie with a weird mushroom crumble instead of beef. so a cave pie.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Was too depressed to eat lunch but I slept and maybe I'll have dinner. I put a chicken breast in a jerk marinade in my fridge yesterday but was too depressed to eat dinner so I have to have it tonight I'd imagine. So that and a bag of mixed vegetables... hopefully.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I'm sick and my wife brought home some hibachi chicken with mushroom and carrots. This is my order and although I didn't eat much of it I am thankful

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I had a boring turkey sandwich then decide to up the ante with bagel pizza. Rao's marinara, bagged mozz, boar's head pepperoni, added Italian seasoning and garlic powder, Shaky Cheese, crushed red pepper from a packet from The Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Salmon with a miso/butter/lemon sauce

And potato cakes

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I looked up some peanut sauce recipes but ended up just making up my own. Peanut butter, dark soy sauce, curry oil paste, and a couple of chopped chillies. Served with rice, diced kangaroo, sesame seeds and spring onions. Extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had my 2nd or 3rd serving (can't remember) of the Costco meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I'll have the last one tonight.