Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Finished Banjo Kazooie yesterday and boy howdy there was a lot of racism and body shaming in this game for children.

There is nothing wrong with Gruntilda wanting to lose weight and feel better about herself!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Finished Banjo Kazooie yesterday and boy howdy there was a lot of racism and body shaming in this game for children.

I've never played it. What's this about?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

it's about a bear named Banjo and his friend called Kazooie

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i think you'll find that the body shaming and racism fit the theme of the game, so they're very good and unassailable actually

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The actual plot of Banjo is that the fat, ugly witch wants to be hot and thin, so she steals banjo’s girlfriend Tootie who is slim and pretty and wants to cast a spell to steal her looks. The entire game is Grunty the witch complaining about being fat and ugly.

Then on top of that (bear in my it’s been about 20 years since I played it) Kazooie is just constantly making fun of everyone for being fat and ugly and stupid. Her only personality trait is being mean and calling everyone names. She definitely has some choice words for Banjo and Bottles about their big booties!!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's about a bear named Banjo and his friend called Kazooie

Yep.

I deserved that.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bust Rodd posted:

The actual plot of Banjo is that the fat, ugly witch wants to be hot and thin, so she steals banjo’s girlfriend Tootie who is slim and pretty and wants to cast a spell to steal her looks. The entire game is Grunty the witch complaining about being fat and ugly.

Then on top of that (bear in my it’s been about 20 years since I played it) Kazooie is just constantly making fun of everyone for being fat and ugly and stupid. Her only personality trait is being mean and calling everyone names. She definitely has some choice words for Banjo and Bottles about their big booties!!!

:chloe:

That's his little sister

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Len posted:

That's his little sister

Bust Rodd posted:

Then on top of that (bear in my it’s been about 20 years since I played it)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

its british

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i cant believe the fat ugly witch who farts a lot wants to be a slim hot big titty goth... unbelievable

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
She should be ashamed of herself for wanting to be healthy and attractive!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i cant believe the fat ugly witch who farts a lot wants to be a slim hot big titty goth posh spice... unbelievable

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

This little samurai game looks cute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5_Dc9Mk5qc

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Morpheus posted:

Look up something called Dragon Stew. It could use a bit more depth to it's mecha ics, but it's basically this.

Oh cool, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Len posted:

That's his little sister

They gave the character a banjo for a reason

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1485606064070533122?s=21

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Banjo kazooies anti big rear end message has aged poorly for sure

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
grunty is an ugly witch and she must die

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wait until people get to the sequel where she becomes so thin and attractive that everyone perceives her as a skeleton. Way to teach the children, RARE!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
shes big boned

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I didn't play banjo tooie but I looked it up and mingella and blobelda are aspirational icons. Don't change my mind

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
many old games show highly outdated and regressive attitudes toward the current trends of monsterfucking

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

it's this

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
More games should star fat and ugly characters, but it’s important that we make them serious and unfunny because we don’t wanna promote the stereotype that fat people have to be funny.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Just wait till Banjo Tooie launches and people rediscover Humba Wumba.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think the moral of Banjo Kazooie is that it’s good to want to better yourself but maybe don’t kidnap a little girl so you can steal her youth to do it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Bust Rodd posted:

Her only personality trait is being mean and calling everyone names.

Hey!

She also talks in rhyme. :colbert:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

More games should star fat and ugly characters, but it’s important that we make them serious and unfunny because we don’t wanna promote the stereotype that fat people have to be funny.

In Nuts and Bolts, they're the fat ones. :eng101:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mister Facetious posted:

Hey!

She also talks in rhyme. :colbert:

Not in Tooie, her sisters tell her to knock it the gently caress off.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

Not in Tooie, her sisters tell her to knock it the gently caress off.

I think Gruntilda's problem is succumbing to the expectations of her peers. :ohdear:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Oh cool, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Also Flamecraft, though it’s a board game about dragons that help run bakeries and other small businesses

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Triskelli posted:

Also Flamecraft, though it’s a board game about dragons that help run bakeries and other small businesses

That's much better than having humans pit them in competitive animal fighting! :3:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Judge Tesla posted:

Just wait till Banjo Tooie launches and people rediscover Humba Wumba.

That's actually what I thought they were talking about, until I remembered she was only in the sequel. Mumbo Jumbo, probably?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Mumbo Jumbo is only racist if you yourself are a racist and the image of a skull with a feather on it evokes tribal African peoples in your mind’s eye

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1485645234281144322?t=suU5elkleSCJr7afcXQ7Mw&s=19

A perfect 10.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

When's the N64 ram pack gonna expand my rear end

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Junkie Disease posted:

When's the N64 ram pack gonna expand my rear end

that's what the middle prong on the controller is for

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So... Arceus is looking better. Not gonna get it for full price but it seems like a chill adventure.

Still not exactly what I want from next-gen Pokemon but seems like a decent mod-step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My friend was melting down showing me how excited he was for Arceus and when the video gets to the Pokémon fighting and it looks exactly the same I just started laughing. It’s so funny to me that they completely overhauled the entire open world, basically by just drag-n-dropping BotW into Pokémon.. but they would leave the same boring combat engine untouched with no new animations… it really defies belief, just putting a new coat of paint on a haunted house.