Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
there's a joke to be made about loading a weapon here but i couldn't figure out how not to sound like i was talking about cum

also probably banworthy or something, whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmiKenqLVAU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A glimpse into the past/future?

it's time for Landlords to rise up and go somewhere they are appreciated.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
good luck and godspeed to them on their journey

far too long we have risked property owners taking their property and leaving for greener pastures. perhaps this is a lesson we have earned

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
1. I always like the old clippings but the landlord ones (you've posted one or two before, I think?) really drive home how anathema it is to our society the concept that everyone deserves a home
2. the calgary herald had an edmonton bureau???

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

mediaphage posted:

i'm not an expert obviously but i've read an article on them here and there

lets just say calling them Nazis is charitable, organizing snipers to shoot and kill your own supporters during a protest then claiming the government did it to give a pretext for ousting the current ruling party is a step above the reichstag fire.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

pokeyman posted:

1. I always like the old clippings but the landlord ones (you've posted one or two before, I think?) really drive home how anathema it is to our society the concept that everyone deserves a home
2. the calgary herald had an edmonton bureau???

Southam owned both the Calgary Herald and Edmonton Journal but could probably make efforts to hide the fact back then.

It really is shocking how little has changed, considering how much as changed. We've been banging our heads against the wall for 50 years. So many headlines could be written today.

Like ramming a pipeline through, ignoring indigenous land claims.

Almost every paper from 1975-1985 has a story on the Mackenzie Valley Pipeline. It was finally approved under Stephen Harper's government in 2011, and the project was only abandoned in 2017 because natural gas prices tanked.

I tried looking through the 1918-1919 papers for spanish flu stuff, but the Canadian papers were obviously dominated by the war.

unfortunately, a lot of the edmonton/calgary papers of the day seem to come from water damaged microfilm.

Still.....

nov 12, 1918:

"Covalescent patients can be masked; weak patients are annoyed by them"

fuckin gottem

e:

nooooooooooo!

Powershift has issued a correction as of 06:33 on Jan 24, 2022

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/TheoFleury14/status/1485460542428909569?t=MLPXTk7LavtKUuTHcBOPRg&s=19

Brain injuries seem bad, possibly

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
whose estimate?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

hashtag retweet? c'mon theo twitter hasn't supported its sms gateway for years now

infernal machines posted:

whose estimate?

are you saying that kind of truck rarely seats 10 people?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"50,000 trucks"

some in the comments are claiming 150,000 trucks.

4 lanes wide, bumper to bumper, just bobtailing rigs, 50,000 trucks would be 142.9kms of trucks. bumper to bumper, across 4 lanes.

150,000 trucks would be 428km of trucks, 4 lanes wide, basically from Ottawa to toronto.

Even if they're all f-150s at 232 inches long, 50,000 trucks is 295kms worth of trucks bumper to bumper in a single lane.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pokeyman posted:

hashtag retweet? c'mon theo twitter hasn't supported its sms gateway for years now

are you saying that kind of truck rarely seats 10 people?

there's a bunk in there, i guess if you stacked them like cord wood and didn't care too much if they could stand when you arrived, it might be possible

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Powershift posted:

"50,000 trucks"

some in the comments are claiming 150,000 trucks.

4 lanes wide, bumper to bumper, just bobtailing rigs, 50,000 trucks would be 142.9kms of trucks. bumper to bumper, across 4 lanes.

150,000 trucks would be 428km of trucks, 4 lanes wide, basically from Ottawa to toronto.

Even if they're all f-150s at 232 inches long, 50,000 trucks is 295kms worth of trucks bumper to bumper in a single lane.

can you put it in terms theo fleury might understand? he is not a tall man

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

pokeyman posted:

I really don't think i could.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

pokeyman posted:

imagine 2 michaels on the edge of a cliff....

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

pokeyman posted:

lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

"50,000 trucks"

you can see two and a half trucks in that picture, which is well on its way to 50 000.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

you can see two and a half trucks in that picture, which is well on its way to 50 000.

exponential growth?

or wait, dr bonnie said that's more likely with bigger numbers. guess not

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Every single grain elevator getting demolished in the 90s was Theo Fleury's personal Tower 7, just based on proportions

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Best case scenario, 50,000 f-150s doing 10 liters/100km driving from Toronto to Ottawa would need 2,250,000 liters of fuel. 47 Truck loads of fuel for a one way trip.

There are around 3.1 gas stations for every 10,000 people in Canada, each with 8-16 pumps. If Ottawa has a proportional amount(it doesn't, most towns of 1000 people have 2 stations), but if it did, that would mean 310 stations, averaging 12 pumps per station, 3720 pumps. If each truck could fuel up in 10 minutes, and each theoretical pump was fully utilized, it would take 2.24 hours to refuel every truck.

These people really can't comprehend the difference between 50 and 500 trucks, and can't even begin to understand what 50,0000 trucks looks like.

They're still going to claim there was 500,000 people there.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you can use any numbers you want, people will just repeat them as long as it agrees with their internal narrative

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

you can use any numbers you want, people will just repeat them as long as it agrees with their internal narrative

In that case, over 5 billion Canadians think these people are morons.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Still thinking that these fucks have any grasp on reality or numbers is a fools errand. It'll be as big or as small as whomever says it the loudest.

This bullshit won't stop until it turns into terrorism or they all circular grifted themselves into bankruptcy. I hope it's the latter.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

just carry the house to Ottawa

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

the sound of 500 nexus passes being revoked

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Considering they post their planned routes and times they would be travelling, it would be a drat shame if someone just made a bunch of spike traps and laid them on the route. Especially with this snow, could easily hide them in a matter of minutes some of these days. It would be a real drat shame. Mostly because that would both hit people not connected with the stupid protest, and also block off the highway, probably. I honestly hope no one tries it. Just let these chucklefucks run out of gas because they're all planning to hit the same gas stations and gas isn't an unlimited supply that magically springs forth from the ether.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

hello, yes, jim o'canada here and i want to talk to you about free dumbs

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Randalor posted:

Just let these chucklefucks run out of gas because they're all planning to hit the same gas stations and gas isn't an unlimited supply that magically springs forth from the ether.

just tell them you're out, it's not like they can see into the tank themselves

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Didn't they want jobs before? Now they don't want those jobs they want to feel smarter than the rules.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

How did other emigre groups from the Russian and Austro-Hungarian Empires - I’m thinking the Kashubians in Wilno, ON - not accrue the same sort of influence on Canadian politics? Is it just that the Ukrainians were most useful in crushing the Canadian left?

The closest I can think of is ARVN, ROK and ROC veterans marching in Remembrance Day parades in Toronto and the Veteran’s Day parade at the CNE.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Trudeau has agreed to box each and every trucker, in a shocking display of democracy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

honestly, we're not deciding enough policy with feats of strength and violent spectacle.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
if PMJT started boxing cryptofascists regularly, i would completely shift my political allegiance.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i don't think he's going to fight the deputy pm

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Hopefully not long

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we joke, but realistically what's going to happen is all the small time landlords will exit the market, making a significant profit, and the properties will be bought up by larger scale rental providers. nothing will change for the tenants except who owns the unit, and the larger companies may be slightly better at submitting the proper paperwork for things

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

i don't think he's going to fight the deputy pm

He does love manhandling women in the house of conmons at least

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he's got a vicious elbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
literally a rapist