Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

sinky posted:

My "not due to political interference" T-shirt etc.

I just checked with a reputable source on this subject-

Yes, it's loving political, everything is political

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Aghast at the suggestion that a politician would do politics in their political party.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

DesperateDan posted:

I just checked with a reputable source on this subject-

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

-

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 24, 2022

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There does seem to be a governmental distrist of doctors. See also welfare applications getting their own idiot to do the assessment instead of just contacting the many doctors who's notes you provide.

(I am always pages behind on this thread)

Completely tangential to your point, but the welfare assessments wasn’t just because they distrust doctors, it’s because
1) They wanted people who were willing to mendaciously misrepresent people’s health status, and
2) In our kleptocratic times, it’s another chance to funnel money to an outsourcing firm.

A former colleague (and uhhhh not a good doctor or person) went to work for these people and they were getting a very competitive salary compared to what they would have got as a jobbing junior doctor in London at the time, for 9-5 work. Vile.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is rather special:

https://twitter.com/sfinn80/status/1485336705859080192

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

I think I've seen this anime

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I could hear the neon genesis evangelion theme tune in my head watching that.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It was Shadow Hearts for me. Would be completely believable without the reference to Midsomer Murders, everyone knows the illuminati favor Columbo

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1485608608683503620

quote:

Duff was arrested on 5 May 2013 on suspicion of obstructing and assaulting police after trying to hand a legal advice card to a 15-year-old caught in a stop-and-search sweep in Hackney – allegations she was later cleared of in court. She was taken to Stoke Newington police station, where Sgt Kurtis Howard, in charge of the custody area, ordered the search when she refused to cooperate with officers.

In 2018 Howard appeared before a disciplinary panel, which cleared him of gross misconduct. He argued the search was necessary to assess any risk Duff might pose to herself, and its chair concluded his actions were those of a responsible officer. The CCTV footage now obtained by Duff of the police station custody area on the day she was searched shows Howard telling officers to show her “resistance is futile” and to search her “by any means necessary”.

“Treat her like a terrorist,” he says. “I don’t care.”

In a cell, three female officers bound Duff by her hands and feet, pinned her to the floor and cut her clothes off with scissors. Duff described the ordeal, which left her with a number of visible injuries, as like a sexual assault.

The CCTV footage then shows the officers who searched Duff returning to the reception. A male officer asks them: “Didn’t find anything untoward on her, ladies?”

“A lot of hair,” one of the female officers replies. The others laugh.

About a minute later, as two male officers go through Duff’s possessions, one asks in mock alarm: “Sorry, sorry, what’s that smell?”

“Oh, it’s her knickers, yeah?” his colleague replies.

A female officer then returns again from handling Duff. “Ugh, I feel disgusting; I’m going to need a shower,” she says.

“You need defumigating,” a male officer tells her.

Another female officer asks her: “Is she rank?”

“No, she’s not actually,” she says.

“She is, her clothes stink,” another male officer says.

“Is it? Her body isn’t,” she replies.

The Met did not say whether any officers had faced disciplinary action, but said allegations of misconduct relating to the comments had been referred to its professional standards directorate. “This investigation remains ongoing,” it said.
Jesus Christ

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1485640737505132558

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Evangelion and Assassins' Creed combine in... Milton Keynes.

Kind of funny that they're that paranoid but no one seems alarmed by the air-raid siren (?) going off in the second video.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Evangelion and Assassins' Creed combine in... Milton Keynes.

Kind of funny that they're that paranoid but no one seems alarmed by the air-raid siren (?) going off in the second video.

That's just the Milton Keynes alarm, reminds you of the danger of staying in Milton Keynes.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

What boils my piss on this is that if we ignore the disgraceful comments, she was innocent of obstructing/assaulting the police, so even if a forced strip search was done in the most professional of ways, it was still entirely wrong as it was being done to an innocent person.

I think the phrase is, “You won’t do the time but you will come for the ride”, as in, the police know they won’t get a conviction, but that’s not the problem, the ordeal and trauma of us getting you to that conclusion is enough punishment.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

They strip searched her in case she was hiding more "know your rights" advice cards about her person. An apology isn't even a start...

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Milton Keynes is the Sitra Achra of Brighton

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I haven't watched those videos but to be honest learning that anything built in Britain was designed by a cabal of upper classes nonces would be in no way surprising.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

They're allowed to lock you up for 24 hours without charge, and a lot of them will milk that for everything it's worth knowing most people can't afford a civil suit for harrassment to stop it, and also how much an unexpected 24 hours away from their work / family / appointments will gently caress things up for them.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

ACA-fuckin-B

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I'm sorry I can't get past the fact that the guy filming this is apparently wearing a TV... as a helmet?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I've read more than my fair share of stories about people with diabetes being locked up overnight (sometimes because officers have wilfully? misinterpreted their symptoms of hypoglycaemia, to make it worse) and having their insulin/equipment/sugar etc taken away for the duration. A few of them nearly died as a result - taking insulin is a medical thing and within the confines of the jail only a doc is allowed to do medical things and they don't come in till 9am, nevermind
if you don't react quickly you might be in a coma in a matter of hours. I could write paragraphs about this but the long and short of it is it's loving horrific and they will kill someone sooner or later because they either don't loving get it or more likely they don't care, and being banged up is honestly one of the scariest things to me because in that situation a bunch of sociopathic screws might as well literally have control over your breathing, 24/7. Terrifying.

Anyway, yes, I can well believe they treated that poor woman like that, ACAB etc.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

I'd love to know the relative sizes of benefit fraud, covid-related business fraud and perhaps not technically fraudulent but non-delivered or woefully underperforming goods and services by firms owned by tory pals.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
lmao

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1485658684701253646

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

You'd think the point when he was overlaying that old DC masonic sites map over Milton Keynes he'd have noticed that it literally only lines up in 4 spots (not coincidentally the 4 corners of a square) and maybe consider why there's gently caress-all at any of the centre line squares. Doesn't even try to distort it like the DC conspiracists do to account for sites not actually lining up.

Not that I wouldn't consider Milton Keynes being designed by for satanic purposes, but it's the tiny-annoyances wholesale work of Crowley in Good Omens. It's impressive that they managed to take every single poor design decision in the entire history of urban planning and put it in one place, so every single thing you ever try to do just takes that little bit longer, or that tiny bit more effort, than it has to.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Christ, just imagine we had Corbyn running things new. Man, if only his and Keith's tenures were reversed :(

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm always shocked when there's a bunch of masonic symbolism in urban layouts and architecture designed by masons.

Off to a mosque now to point at all the barely concealed Islamic symbolism.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

blunt posted:

Countdown until Boris divorces Carrie to (try and) save his job.

Apologies, this is from way back in the thread. When the Harper's Magazine published their curious piece about the flat and some parties back in November, the best part of the article was:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

It's a surprise that anyone likes or trusts the police these days.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

bessantj posted:

It's a surprise that anyone likes or trusts the police these days.

Good to see the Met embracing tradition - Stoke Newington nick was a byword for corruption and violence in the *seventies*, and the joke in the 90s when it moved to a new building was that the main reason for the move was the need for wider staircases to stop queues forming of prisoners waiting to fall down them. That it's middle-class white women that they're brutalising now is also a heartwarming sign of the progress they made from the days when it was just young black men who had unfortunate accidents there.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

loving lmao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's definitely some sort of demon sealed under Milton Keynes

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Juche Couture posted:

(I am always pages behind on this thread)

Completely tangential to your point, but the welfare assessments wasn’t just because they distrust doctors, it’s because
1) They wanted people who were willing to mendaciously misrepresent people’s health status, and
2) In our kleptocratic times, it’s another chance to funnel money to an outsourcing firm.

A former colleague (and uhhhh not a good doctor or person) went to work for these people and they were getting a very competitive salary compared to what they would have got as a jobbing junior doctor in London at the time, for 9-5 work. Vile.

One of my mates had a look at this during the first lot of COVID when he'd had enough of dressing up like a gimp each day to treat extremely ill people with nowhere near enough gear.

He'd never have done it (he's an anaesthetist for a reason, doesn't like speaking to people, and thinks it's morally indefensible anyway), but yeah, the money you could get for doing a piss easy job was an eye opener.

Wonder if you just take it on and sabotage it by passing everyone anyway?

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Some of the little pricks who post on r/juniordoctorsuk would probably love it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gambrinus posted:

One of my mates had a look at this during the first lot of COVID when he'd had enough of dressing up like a gimp each day to treat extremely ill people with nowhere near enough gear.

He'd never have done it (he's an anaesthetist for a reason, doesn't like speaking to people, and thinks it's morally indefensible anyway), but yeah, the money you could get for doing a piss easy job was an eye opener.

Wonder if you just take it on and sabotage it by passing everyone anyway?

I bet even if they don't make it explicit you get shuffled on quick-smart if your denials numbers are significantly different to the others.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sakurazuka posted:

There's definitely some sort of demon sealed under Milton Keynes

Hell Is Empty, All The Devils Are In Milton Keynes

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Customers are gross, they do get cleaned but there's been a couple of times that certain sections of the store have had a quite potent smell of poo, which I can only ascribe to someone having done a poo and put it somewhere because there's no sewer vents or anything on the shop floor. It gets fixed eventually but people are disgusting.

John Lewis - Toy Section - Wendy Houses.

Every drat week somebody would send their child into one to drop a load because the toilets were too far away*

*They were right next to the Toy section.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
imagine wasting your life on conspiracy bullshit :psyduck:

even if milton keynes was a portal to hell... so what? what are you gonna do

just go and enjoy your life ffs

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

They're making a big thing about the roads lining up with the solstice lines... it was a conscious design decision, that's well-known, and it's why one of the main central roads is called "Midsummer Boulevard".

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Not that I wouldn't consider Milton Keynes being designed by for satanic purposes, but it's the tiny-annoyances wholesale work of Crowley in Good Omens. It's impressive that they managed to take every single poor design decision in the entire history of urban planning and put it in one place, so every single thing you ever try to do just takes that little bit longer, or that tiny bit more effort, than it has to.

Honestly Milton Keynes is the best designed place I've ever lived in terms of urban planning. They didn't get everything perfect (although tbh much of what's wrong with it was due to stuff done later on, against the original "Milton Keynes Development Plan" which was set out by the planners at the start), would've been better if it had light rail or trams or whatever but you could get from one side of the town to the complete other side using the grid system in, typically, about 10-15 minutes, which is completely unthinkable in basically any other town I've been to in the UK.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The death of a thousand cuts continues for Bojob

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1485678846007463945

https://twitter.com/modernaurelius/status/1485681053511606276

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
To be fair, if its was a surprise its not actually his fault that one then is it. Anyway, we await Sue Gray.