Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Do offerings that grant bonus xp for a category, like brutality, do they help me get to the "max" cap of the category faster, or are they a bonus to what I earn in match? I guess what I mean is, if I am hitting max cap normally are those offerings relatively worthless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bloodpoint offerings are applied after the game and allow you to break the 32000 BP cap.

Perks and addons that affect in game score events like Thrill of the Hunt or Prove thyself, do not.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Blasmeister posted:

Bloodpoint offerings are applied after the game and allow you to break the 32000 BP cap.

Perks and addons that affect in game score events like Thrill of the Hunt or Prove thyself, do not.

Yup. The only exception to this rule is Barbecue & Chili, which will take your score and, depending on how many stacks you got ingame, multiply it. So if you got 32k score and 4 stacks of BBQ, you'll get 64k.

In other words, offerings and BBQ = good. Stuff like Thrill of the Hunt's point bonus or the "100% more bloodpoints in x category" gimmick addons you'll find on killers, those are not good. Why is it set up that way? Don't ask us, BHVR is dumb.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The perk Deviousness is pretty nice though, given that you'll usually be taking it in conjunction with other perks or killer powers that key off of terror radius. TR hell Doctor isn't necessarily the *best* build for Doctor, but it can be really funny :getin:

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

tithin posted:

Sloppy augments pressure, if you're not applying sufficient pressure, it's doing nothing, on someone like nurse who is an extremely snowball based killer, it's still a valid perk because it helps slow down healing by a decent amount - which when combined with nurses calling really helps a great deal.

Nurse's Calling is a little outdated now too, as Circle of Healing means that people will typically run off into their safe-zone to heal, and Shadowstep means that when they do there's a very good chance that you'd be blind to their auras anyway. People generally don't heal when they know the killer is nearby anyway, so it's usually better on stealth killers who can ambush someone that's healing, like Pig or Wraith.

Sloppy used to be one of the few sources of game slowdown you could run, so it was naturally pretty popular, but now there are a ton of better options. The mangled condition adds 8 seconds of survivor time to every normal heal (mitigated heavily by medkits and healing speed perks, like Circle of Healing), but Pain Resonance buys you 12 seconds of survivor time in gen regression on every scourge hook, and Pop Goes the Weasel buys you 20 seconds of survivor time every hook that you kick a gen after. Corrupt Intervention effectively buys you 2 minutes at the start vs all survivors and No Way Out does the same for up to 1 minute at the end, but those are more 'locking out progress' rather than keeping players directly busy with an objective so they can still heal and stuff during that time, so the value is a little less directly comparable.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Vanguard Warden posted:

Nurse's Calling is a little outdated now too, as Circle of Healing means that people will typically run off into their safe-zone to heal, and Shadowstep means that when they do there's a very good chance that you'd be blind to their auras anyway. People generally don't heal when they know the killer is nearby anyway, so it's usually better on stealth killers who can ambush someone that's healing, like Pig or Wraith.

Sloppy used to be one of the few sources of game slowdown you could run, so it was naturally pretty popular, but now there are a ton of better options. The mangled condition adds 8 seconds of survivor time to every normal heal (mitigated heavily by medkits and healing speed perks, like Circle of Healing), but Pain Resonance buys you 12 seconds of survivor time in gen regression on every scourge hook, and Pop Goes the Weasel buys you 20 seconds of survivor time every hook that you kick a gen after. Corrupt Intervention effectively buys you 2 minutes at the start vs all survivors and No Way Out does the same for up to 1 minute at the end, but those are more 'locking out progress' rather than keeping players directly busy with an objective so they can still heal and stuff during that time, so the value is a little less directly comparable.

I thought Nurses saw through Shadowstep? Can someone confirm/deny?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Comfortador posted:

I thought Nurses saw through Shadowstep? Can someone confirm/deny?

Nope. All auras are hidden. I thought it did at first but the person I was hitting only had CoH.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Shadow Step blocks all aura reading of any survivors within the radius, or those that were within the radius within the last 4 seconds. There is no form of aura reading that 'bypasses' effects that block aura-reading, the only thing that works is information effects that don't rely on survivor auras; killer instinct, notification alerts, screams like from Infectious Fright, even aura reading of generators within the radius instead of survivors would still work, but things like BBQ, Nurse's Calling, and I'm All Ears are completely blocked.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Is there anyway to easily find the shadowstep totem, other than just listening for the sound. COH and shadowstep is such an insufferable combo.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Kwolok posted:

Is there anyway to easily find the shadowstep totem, other than just listening for the sound. COH and shadowstep is such an insufferable combo.

Nope. Thrill of the Hunt's notification would've given you a heads up of where one might be going down shortly before the lightning sound, but they removed the notification seemingly to specifically prevent that, killers aren't allowed to protect totems anymore. Your best bet now is to run Undying and just keep a super vigilant watch at all times for the auras of survivors crouching at dull totems across the map to work on them, but by design your Undying is always the first hex totem to go.

You could try running a max Hex totem build with Thrill of the Hunt to just make it take forever. Combo that with something that causes screaming a lot because screaming interrupts what a survivor is working on, like Doctor's Static Blast and Infectious Fright. It should fit in great with the new Dead Man's Switch coming, but then you're trying to fit like 7 different perks into a build.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 23, 2022

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'll sometimes run Undying and Thrill of the Hunt, it works great to spot Booners, but there's only so much you can do if you're on a big map, which is pretty much all I get these days. I'm a nerd that lives to track my matches, and over the last month 60% of my killer matches have been Coldwind.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The worst crime of the Thrill of the Hunt nerf was that it killed the Doom Pig build where you run Ruin/Undying/Devour/Thrill and then jump anyone who set off the Thrill notification. I was punching way above my weight with that poo poo

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

I'll sometimes run Undying and Thrill of the Hunt, it works great to spot Booners, but there's only so much you can do if you're on a big map, which is pretty much all I get these days.

Shouldn't the Artist be pretty good for that? I haven't actually played her yet after unlocking her with shards just for the killer perks, but don't her crows let you snipe people from across the map like the old sniper Doctor shock range build?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vanguard Warden posted:

Shouldn't the Artist be pretty good for that? I haven't actually played her yet after unlocking her with shards just for the killer perks, but don't her crows let you snipe people from across the map like the old sniper Doctor shock range build?

Yeah but they don't interrupt actions unless you're already swarmed.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I still can't believe they nerfed TOTH just because god forbid boons have counterplay that is easily accessible to every killer. :geno: The perk may as well be a paperweight unless you bring something else with it.

I refuse to run boons on my survivor out of principle nowadays.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Undying is a replacement for thrill.

My gripes
#1 The bloodweb
#2 Jolt has a cooldown
#3 I have multiple DLCs, all killers but 5 and I can't play them because of #1. I spent money to buy DLC, why do I have to grind the bloodweb? I wish I didn't have to play 8 hours a day to just get perks that I've paid for on killers that I've paid for. I refuse to spend another dime on this game.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Give us a system to toggle teachables off and on. Make it cost 50k bloodpoints per toggle or something. No more Zanshin Tactics or Hangman's Trick.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

gently caress that, just make unlocking teachables unlock the perk for every killer. Grinding the bloodweb is already a thing for getting all the offerings and addons you want, why do you need to grind it for 3 ranks of every perk on each killer too? I already unlocked all perks at rank 3 on all killers months ago, so that's already what it's like for me and every other long-time player.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
OK. Playing wraith, whole team of DH/DS/BT annoying as hell. Chase someone who got off hook and hit her, BT triggers ok sure, but I thought that meant she had deep wounds. I cloak and just chase her waiting for her to enter the dying state when she doesn't mend her deep wounds but it never happened. What happened?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kwolok posted:

OK. Playing wraith, whole team of DH/DS/BT annoying as hell. Chase someone who got off hook and hit her, BT triggers ok sure, but I thought that meant she had deep wounds. I cloak and just chase her waiting for her to enter the dying state when she doesn't mend her deep wounds but it never happened. What happened?

Deep wounds timer doesn't tick down when a survivor is sprinting.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah they can effectively just keep running away forever, but the meter will tick if they go to do gens or otherwise stop moving for any reason

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
How pointless then. Borrowed time is such an annoying perk. Surely there are better ways to deal with tunneling than that nonsense.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
They have to stop and mend eventually so 12 seconds bought is 12 seconds bought, the wounds will tick down during gen work. Unless they go full mad lad and do laps around the outer edge of the map until the other 3 do gens and the gate!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 24, 2022

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

The effect of deep wounds is absolutely intended to not actually be a threat to a survivor, just something that you HAVE to deal with eventually before you can just start pushing gens or whatever because then you'd fall over. It's the same idea as the Pig's reverse beartraps, where there's not even a timer hanging over your head until a generator finishes, and even then it's a generous enough timer that it won't ever realistically kill you unless you ignore it completely.

Mending takes a solo survivor 12 seconds though, and it's actually LESS time efficient if someone else helps you, so at the very least it's roughly time-neutral for your 3-second attack cooldown and not a loss like a straight miss would be.

E: F, B.

The real gimmick to Borrowed Time being an endurance/deep wounds effect is that you can't use other similar effects before you mend it off, sort of like exhaustion effects sharing the same cooldown to stop you from using all of them together. It's why the fix I want for Dead Hard is to just make it an activate-able endurance/deep wounds effect so that you can't stack it with Borrowed Time, like Mettle of Man with a timing window and an exhaustion component instead of an elaborate activation condition.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 24, 2022

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Kwolok posted:

How pointless then. Borrowed time is such an annoying perk. Surely there are better ways to deal with tunneling than that nonsense.

BT is meant to incentivize going after the person who just did an unhook, not the person who got unhooked. Why not go after the person who unhooked them?

If you play around it, you will never encounter it, except for endgame shenanigans/survivors purposely running into you to be a prick. Same with DS.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Because often the person on the hook is the bastard who has CoH and shadowstep and I want him dead on principle.

It just sucks that there are like 5 persk that are heads and shoulders above all others: CoH, Shadowstep, DH, BT, and DS

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
What I like about it is you still get a StBFL tick off it and you apply the deep wound.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

You can still tunnel the hell out of someone after an unhook if you really want to, you just have to wait out the 12 second timer on the endurance effect. Whenever someone gets unhooked and then makes it very obvious that they have BT by running up to me and trying to stop me from reaching the unhooker for the body-block value, I just follow them around at point-blank range while counting to 15 for safety, then bap them like they were asking for.

Kwolok posted:

It just sucks that there are like 5 perks that are heads and shoulders above all others: CoH, Shadowstep, DH, BT, and DS

Eh, Shadow Step isn't that bad, it's just a nice value upgrade if you're already running Circle of Healing, which itself is super overpowered. You really only need one person on the team running Circle of Healing + Shadowstep, plus maybe any other boon perks that seem valuable enough over the standard meta set, and then everyone else gets the old combo of Dead Hard + Borrowed Time + Decisive Strike + Unbreakable. That perk set gives everyone a third health state, two stacking layers of tunnel-protection, and slug-prevention if the killer tries to play around DS instead of eating it.

The thing I really hate about all the second-chance perks isn't even the second chances, it's that they're ALL secret to the killer until you bumble into them face-first. This leads to the effect where good killers have to play around the perk without actually knowing if the survivor has it, which means effectively EVERYONE now has it since you're acting like they do and extending that benefit to them. Endurance effects ought to make survivors glow loving bright white BEFORE you hit them for as long as the effect is active, so the killer can know to not chase the guy who went super saiyin when he got unhooked.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 24, 2022

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

The culture around this game is weird. Had a guy ragequit before I could hook him for a second time. I wound up killing the other three but it took a decent amount of time, not like it was a super short match. I got to the endgame and he's in there complaining. I've never seen a survivor disconnect, then hang around in endgame chat to kvetch.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Pyramid head is very fun but I need a way to extend games. He's not great at gen patrolling so by the time I'm competitive there are only one or two gens left. Any good, easy to get perks to extend the game? I don't want to grind a different killer to 30+

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Kwolok posted:

Pyramid head is very fun but I need a way to extend games. He's not great at gen patrolling so by the time I'm competitive there are only one or two gens left. Any good, easy to get perks to extend the game? I don't want to grind a different killer to 30+

Welcome to one of the worst parts about playing killer- the general pool is very rear end compared to the general survivor pool, tho it did just get better with Jolt getting added to the pile. So take that one. Hopefully, at least you'll mostly be matched against new-ish Survivors and not ones with a giant pile of farmed perks so you can probably ignore all the griping about Circle of Healing/Decisive Strike for now (Unbreakable and Borrowed Time are from a free survivor, so you're gonna see those. If you run into Bill, kill that Bill first if you can.)

Other then that, there's sadly not a lot of slowdown in the killer general pool- Sloppy Butcher is the only other one besides Jolt, and while Circle of Healing makes Sloppy look really, really dumb, you hopefully won't be seeing too much of it for a while? The best general killer perks are the info perks, IMO- Bitter Murmur, Spies, Whispers- but with Pyramid Head specifically you can do something gimmicky with Trail of Torment and either Claustrophobia to trap Survivors near a popped gen before they know they're even in danger, or with Fearmonger to make a decent 'gen stalker' build where you just keep creeping up on people on gens and causing mayhem against blind, exhausted fools, and while a glowing yellow gen can give away it's in play, you'd be surprised how often survivors don't understand what's going on with that yellow gen in the corner of the map.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

good excuse to play a bunch of hag and get ruin

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Relyssa posted:

Deep wounds timer doesn't tick down when a survivor is sprinting.

Shouldn't that be literally the exact opposite of what something named "Deep Wounds" should do? I mean if you have deep wounds you are going to bleed out by sprint around a lot faster than by sitting still.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

BitBasher posted:

Shouldn't that be literally the exact opposite of what something named "Deep Wounds" should do? I mean if you have deep wounds you are going to bleed out by sprint around a lot faster than by sitting still.

Listen, a lot of things came out of Legion's update and none of them make very much sense.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

BitBasher posted:

I like to think of it as an adrenaline thing. You think it's just another hit while you're panicking in a chase, but then you stop and realize you're actually bleeding out.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Legion is really Behavior in a nutshell. When they came out there was speculation from the trailers they'd be some kind of shapeshifting killer who could disguise as survivors until it was time to pop out and reveal surprise I'm dude with a knife. Then through some combination of "That would require work" and "People on comms would end that real quick" they became something akin to Legion nowadays, except they could down you through chained Frenzy stabs. The result of this was obviously one survivor getting stabbed and then Legion following them around poking them full of holes until an unavoidable down. After a lot of crying about that, they turned into modern Legion and any attempts over the last four years to address *their* problems is met by Behavior yelling "THEY'RE FINE REMEMBER OLD LEGION THEY'RE FINE CAN'T HEAR YOU"

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Honestly they should just make it so survivor totems are also only one time. If killers totems are so easily destroyed and then that's it, survivors should be the same. The biggest problem with shadow step or CoH isn't that it exists necessarily but it's that if you know "ok that part of the map is where it is" you then have to commit a lot of time to finding it and snuffing it out, and then the survivor will just make another one instantly. And if it ignore it well they just heal forever. So terribly designed

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kwolok posted:

Honestly they should just make it so survivor totems are also only one time. If killers totems are so easily destroyed and then that's it, survivors should be the same. The biggest problem with shadow step or CoH isn't that it exists necessarily but it's that if you know "ok that part of the map is where it is" you then have to commit a lot of time to finding it and snuffing it out, and then the survivor will just make another one instantly. And if it ignore it well they just heal forever. So terribly designed

CoH should just work like a big communal first aid kit, and when your perk runs out of charge you can't use it again.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
There are tons of potential fixes but obviously the devs are entirely incapable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lol apparently Behaviour removed the Twitch streamer cosmetics from Dowsey's account for mysterious reasons after he criticized Patrick's answers and dumb poo poo on the latest community stream. This after a senior BHVR rep posted a "FYI guys if you're doing posting Patrick's quotes out of context, please consider your actions" message on the Discord, referring to Dowsey's tweet.