Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So wait, the gren codex was written by the guy who wrote manga in the isekai oneshot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

thetoughestbean posted:

So wait, the gren codex was written by the guy who wrote manga in the isekai oneshot?

the gren codex IS the manga that guy wrote. Technically, the version we saw was only dictated to Mizukami, who reproduced it (:v:)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol it really is an isekai after all...

The Mizukami Cinematic Universe continues to expand its lore.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

lol it really is an isekai after all...

The Mizukami Cinematic Universe continues to expand its lore.

Is it an Isekai if it's the future?

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Solte Chapter 7
Cylinder world activated the Mizukami centers of my brain and reminded me immediately of the colony from Nell, My Fist, and Ginga Thunder, but I'm not sure how that would work. Earth was still around in those stories, even if Ginga Thunder cleaned it out. Maybe they could have just made the colony New Earth and psychically swapped them out or merged them somehow? Or maybe its just a coincidence :shrug:

Given that they can see the stars, and from the picture, they are on the outside of the cylinder, no? It's not a space colony, it's magic poo poo. Or it's magic poo poo wrapped around a space colony I guess.

Reading this chapter I was like "haha what how does this keep getting crazier" about the isekai thing, and then it just drops this cylinder in the last two pages on top of that, unbelievable

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I love this manga, thanks for keeping up the translations :)

You almost need a flow chart to keep track of the Mizukami world now.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Whoa

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1440778553105080321?s=19

Seriously, wow

e: Volume 1 will be released in April 2022 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Hell yeah.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Oh poo poo! Something to look forward to.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Oh poo poo yeah!

I’m salty that Sengoku Youko isn’t brought over but still, this is nice

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
We’ll get there eventually, friend.
Right after Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou…

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Fuckin sweet!!
I'll probably keep covering the latest chapters for the time being, since the lead time is going to be brutal on the first couple volumes, at least. (April! Ouch!) At current rate, one more chapter in "winter" (Jan/Feb) ought to pad out the second Japanese volume (volume 1 is the first three chapters, a whopping 72-48-50 pages, 4-7 were 40-40-40-32), so hopefully they can swing that in English a little closer on the tails of v1. I'll be keeping an eye out as we get closer to April.

Speaking of treading calendar paper, do remember that Mizukami's still doing the manga version of Planet With (monthly! Usually a full-time gig!) alongside quarterly Soltes. Anyone been following that? What's the progress there like, compared to the anime? I haven't been reading it, but from passively following Mizukami's twitter I gather he's at least into the time skip, though apparently he's spent more than a few chapters on original material.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Solte the Traveler, Chapter 8

Everybody gets a turn to have some backstory. Sound the :siren:mahou shojo alarm:siren:, we've now learned that Solte's familiar is called Serendipity, a very mahou shojo name

There was a lot of foreboding dialog, so I presumed Linzen was actually Rud's sister brought back to life, but the process wipes their mind or something, interesting that she's an eldritch manifestation masquerading as such instead. Also gotta wonder... Does that mean Rud is, at some point, going to transform into the rival mahou shojo character??? I can only assume so, and furthermore, that it will kick loving rear end

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Happy New Year from Mizukami

https://twitter.com/nekogaeru/status/1477236085717876738?t=3qfpsUtJM4Z_zrBnwAtxZA&s=19

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Good moxy

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

https://twitter.com/nekogaeru/status/1477224032387108867?s=20

quote:

I don't like it when it gets cold. I'm gonna take a bath.

wise words

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

from a wise man.

Dunno how I missed the chapter. Great stuff, as always. I appreciate the stone-cold-oblivious characters in any work :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

According to ANN and his twitter he's going to end Planet With by this summer, but then try to produce more Solte. Also, I just learned that the same translator who worked on Biscuit Hammer and Spirit Circle will be handling its translation as well.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Did the Planet With manga deviate from the anime at all? I liked the show, but I need a reason to also pick up the comic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I hadn't actually been keeping up on it for exactly that reason, I just looked at the latest few chapters on crunchyroll and it doesn't seem to have any changes that leapt out to me. The final battle against the dragon is underway so assuming it doesn't deviate, it makes sense that the end is coming up

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

a kitten posted:

According to ANN and his twitter he's going to end Planet With by this summer, but then try to produce more Solte. Also, I just learned that the same translator who worked on Biscuit Hammer and Spirit Circle will be handling its translation as well.

Nice. Now who do we have to bribe to get them to do Sengoku

I guess it wouldn't really be bribing but just paying them to do a job that they are currently paid to do :thunk:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Finally catching up on this. Black’s early accomplishments all being stuff you could probably figure out with a basic modern education is a pretty good detail

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squidster posted:

Did the Planet With manga deviate from the anime at all? I liked the show, but I need a reason to also pick up the comic.

It doesn't deviate but it does expand on things a bit since it's not crunched into 12 episodes

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/nekogaeru/status/1485492580603559937?s=20

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer anime, spring 2022

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
:sickos:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Oh my loving god

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
please be good and successful so we get a spirit circle anime

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
gently caress yes. :woop:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:vince:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I'm absolutely losing my poo poo over this so much that I just ventured into this subforum possibly for the first time ever just to find a suitable thread to lose my poo poo in

It's been 12 years since it finished!!! I lost hope about an anime like 8 years ago!!! What the gently caress!

Honestly in some ways I actually love Sengoku Youko more (I never finished Spirit Circle, I really should!) and think it has better big set piece fights that should be animated, but also what the gently caress hoshi no samidare was my first love out of this guy's work and I'm so excited for this, holy poo poo.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That's summer btw not spring

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hahaha!! Hahahhahhaha!!!!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's_been_3000_years

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
They better have The Pillows on the soundtrack. Actually, please just be good. I can't believe there will finally be and LBH anime.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I don't know what we have done in this sin-filled world to deserve this wonderful news

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 24, 2022

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

holy poo poo what a thing to wake up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evader
May 20, 2008

One morning, when I woke up, there was a lizard in my room.
Hey guys what's going on in this thread