Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sorry, I'm unilaterally declaring it dumb and lazy

:hmmyes:

If I had a choice between hot and cold cheese I'd choose hot. Therefore a different pizza place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I would put cold cheese on if I knew I was getting it home cold and needed to re-heat.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Technically speaking, food is usually more flavorful when it's warm? It's pretty much the only reason I see not to do this other than personal mouthfeel preference

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Looks like half that cheese is ending up on your plate.

Sir may I have a to-go box, for my shredded cheese?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Not-cooked-cheese should be served at room temperature for best flavor.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Beastie posted:

Looks like half that cheese is ending up on your plate.

Sir may I have a to-go box, for my shredded cheese?

Are you not able to eat things that have touched your plate now, or what?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Big Beef City posted:

Are you not able to eat things that have touched your plate now, or what?

If you see me in a restaurant scooping lose shreds of cheese into my mouth then please shoot me.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Big Beef City posted:

I mean if you watch the video even the owners don't know other than "That's the way they always did it and the customers seem to love it so we keep doing it for them"
Which, I mean if you have a customer base who says "Hell yeah we like it that way keep doing that", seems like a fairly solid business model imo.

It's like Henry Ford said, if he'd asked his customers what they wanted, they'd have said say 'colder cheese.'

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Think about how much less grease there is though.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's still there, just unreleased

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Beastie posted:

If you see me in a restaurant scooping lose shreds of cheese into my mouth then please shoot me.

if you see me in a restaurant doing that, well, probably no one would be surprised honestly. least of all me

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Beastie posted:

what if I shoot you for thinking you're an elitist

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'll happily shovel shredded cheese into my mouth like an animal, it's just not something I want to combine with a nice hot slice.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Maybe it's like a McDLT

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Please don’t poo poo on my dreams of opening a cold pizza restaurant which is only open in the morning where you get fresh baked slices cooled down to fridge temperatures prior to serving. I’d have very little competition in the retail space.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

shadow puppet of a posted:

Please don’t poo poo on my dreams of opening a cold pizza restaurant which is only open in the morning where you get fresh baked slices cooled down to fridge temperatures prior to serving. I’d have very little competition in the retail space.

Thats crazy i had the SAME EXACT idea. I love a fridge slice

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/HowardvRooijen/status/1115344481065291777

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
know whats even better than a fridge slice? a slice that's been microwaved but not quite enough so there's parts that are hot and parts that are cold

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

shadow puppet of a posted:

I feel like this should be a themed restaurant, where you strip down to your ratty boxers at the entrance, muss up your hair, and then you go collect your order at a fake refrigerator door you have to open, and you eat your food standing up, there are no chairs.

Also the entire restaurant is kitchen tiles that are kept artificially cold.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

know whats even better than a fridge slice? a slice that's been microwaved but not quite enough so there's parts that are hot and parts that are cold

:yikes:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

"boy I can't wait to microwave leftover pizza so that it turns into liquid please excuse my belabored whimpering in the corner over my lost life"

Ok I'll be eating my refreshing, firm and still delicious fridge pizza while doing sick kick flips on my radical skate board you disease-to-all-other-humans.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Big beef about to go Ham again.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

What the hell is that black stuff supposed to-

https://twitter.com/HowardvRooijen/status/1485656595971416065

:stare:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

"boy I can't wait to microwave leftover pizza so that it turns into liquid please excuse my belabored whimpering in the corner over my lost life"

Ok I'll be eating my refreshing, firm and still delicious fridge pizza while doing sick kick flips on my radical skate board you disease-to-all-other-humans.

you like it nice and firm so you can cram it up your rear end bitch!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

With all the UK/British/Scottish/whatever goons that post around here you've never once encountered this? Blood sausage is extremely common for them. Calm down Beavis.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

What I do with the products I purchase on my own time is my own business, SIR.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Big Beef City posted:

With all the UK/British/Scottish/whatever goons that post around here you've never once encountered this? Blood sausage is extremely common for them. Calm down Beavis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQozR6ZYl6g

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Black pudding is utterly divine. I think most of its mass consists of groats though

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
you got to know how to fry the black pudding correctly and have it the correct width to cook through.

If you have another meatly dish then half a black pudding to 500g of mince makes it fit to be served to Jesus.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

you got to know how to fry the black pudding correctly and have it the correct width to cook through.

If you have another meatly dish then half a black pudding to 500g of mince makes it fit to be served to Jesus.

You're so loving Northern that you have it down to a finely weighed out ratio. Excellent stuff.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've never tried black pudding before but I'd certainly give it a shot. Not involving a pizza for my first time though

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I like black pudding, but putting it on a pizza seems pretty questionable.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

You're so loving Northern that you have it down to a finely weighed out ratio. Excellent stuff.

My grandma was a school dinner lady :haw:

I had pink cake and green custard at weekends.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Why bother with pizza anymore when you can just just mush a fistful of Stilton into a stotty?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'd probably exchange even a pretty good pizza for a bunch of black pudding.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Big Beef City posted:

:v: Blood sausage is also common here in Mexico and parts of South America, we call it moronga...and it's actually one of my favorite tacos :lol:

Edit: I mean, I'm in a country that eats cow eye, and brain, tacos lol

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
If a pizza has no meat ingredient (or if it's strictly a cured meat like pepperoni) I'll leave it out in the box overnight or put it in the oven as a kind of room temperature storage device

Aardvark! posted:

lol

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Desperado Bones posted:

:v: Blood sausage is also common here in Mexico and parts of South America, we call it moronga...and it's actually one of my favorite tacos :lol:

Brains are melt-in-your-mouth delicious though, chopped up little and deep fried with a little sauce for dippin' :yum:

I've eaten tripe but I am not geographically close enough to try menudo

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i got a blood sausage right here, if you know what i mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh I'm aware they just mentioned it was a Scottish pizza