Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

Thought goonwaffe was exempt of paps? How do I check those anyways, never could find the site after I came back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
It's any one of those.

!me in jabber for your paps

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

pyrometer posted:

Thought goonwaffe was exempt of paps? How do I check those anyways, never could find the site after I came back

I guess technically since it's an inactivity purge, it's just to get rid of people who aren't doing anything at all in the game.

If you got a pap, then you're doing stuff I guess. As opposed to like, metrics and thresholds and poo poo.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Jfc you guys suck at reading. You don’t even have to login to eve to stay active.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

all you gotta do is occasionally :justpost:

maybe attend a fireside now and then

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

pyrometer posted:

you don't have to get paps

however if you get paps you aren't tagged as 'inactive' ie not playing the game at all

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

Jfc you guys suck at reading. You don’t even have to login to eve to stay active.

???

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

You can login to jabber and talk about anime for once every 60 days and be fine. Actually, only 1 of the 4 options require you to login to eve at all. Its like the easiest requirements ever created.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

andromache posted:

The 4Q 2021 Goonwaffe purge has been completed. I figured anyone interested in playing would have came back for the storage wars pinata last weekend so this was a good weekend to purge.

I'll be interested in seeing in seeing the drop on dotlan tomorrow. The number of goons who laid down their rifles in the weeks after August 6 was pretty high.

As a reminder, the criteria for goonwaffe are ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. A post in the past 60 days
2. Connection to jabber in the past 60 days
3. Connection to mumble in the past 60 days
4. A pap in the past 90 days.

all those people who thought my 'post here to not get purged' helldump thread was fake :lol:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

You can login to jabber and talk about anime for once every 60 days and be fine. Actually, only 1 of the 4 options require you to login to eve at all. Its like the easiest requirements ever created.

I... know? who the F are you talking to lmao.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

I... know? who the F are you talking to lmao.

I didn't even quote you , you loving weirdo. If you could read you could see where someone didn't understand not even a few posts before yours. JFC

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

I didn't even quote you , you loving weirdo. If you could read you could see where someone didn't understand not even a few posts before yours. JFC

Clam down sir, this is an arbys

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

RB, for Really Bad posters.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
do you even know who i am1?!?! i know the mittani!!!!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The jabba thing can be solved by simply switching to iMac where the only working client has LOUD bingly bingly boop chimes that can't be turned off, so if you forget to shut down you get to find out all the fun things the Americans are doing at 4am.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

andromache posted:

The 4Q 2021 Goonwaffe purge has been completed. I figured anyone interested in playing would have came back for the storage wars pinata last weekend so this was a good weekend to purge.

I'll be interested in seeing in seeing the drop on dotlan tomorrow. The number of goons who laid down their rifles in the weeks after August 6 was pretty high.

As a reminder, the criteria for goonwaffe are ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. A post in the past 60 days
2. Connection to jabber in the past 60 days
3. Connection to mumble in the past 60 days
4. A pap in the past 90 days.

You know what would be fun and cool to read?
The % of people in each category

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Erulisse posted:

You know what would be fun and cool to read?
The % of people in each category

So ended up dropping about 300 characters. I won't know how many accounts that is until I do participation stats at the end of the month.

The overwhelming number of people immediately stopped logging in after August 6 (when the war ended). So a four week span between Aug 7 and Sep 7, people just completely put eve down.

It was like some kind of WWII, war is over, lay down the rifle, and back to civilian life type stuff. There were very few people that went inactive before August 6, and while there was a bit of a longer tail after Sep 7, no like big spike where I could say a significant number of people got pissed off at some CCP bullshit and just quit.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

andromache posted:

So ended up dropping about 300 characters. I won't know how many accounts that is until I do participation stats at the end of the month.

The overwhelming number of people immediately stopped logging in after August 6 (when the war ended). So a four week span between Aug 7 and Sep 7, people just completely put eve down.

It was like some kind of WWII, war is over, lay down the rifle, and back to civilian life type stuff. There were very few people that went inactive before August 6, and while there was a bit of a longer tail after Sep 7, no like big spike where I could say a significant number of people got pissed off at some CCP bullshit and just quit.

I'm one of those who put the game down literally after the t5z keepstar blew up. I can't speak for others, but I can definitely say gently caress :ccp: and I only logged back in for the war. I doubt I'll subscribe again unless the Imperium ever sounds the horn of Goondor again. At this point :ccp: has hosed the game too much for my taste and I have absolutely no doubt that if they ever create a patch that fixes EVE, it will be entirely accidental on their part.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

andromache posted:

RIP me (Ivanova Denisovich) though I'm pretty sure I logged into jabber more recently than 60 days ago.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

feedmegin posted:

RIP me (Ivanova Denisovich) though I'm pretty sure I logged into jabber more recently than 60 days ago.

August 31, 2021 is the last time you connected to jabber.

You last browsed the forums on January 24... but your last post was January 21, 2021. Shameful goon, failed at Just Post. Like a true goon though, "Last Seen in Eve:" was "Never"

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

andromache posted:

August 31, 2021 is the last time you connected to jabber.

You last browsed the forums on January 24... but your last post was January 21, 2021. Shameful goon, failed at Just Post. Like a true goon though, "Last Seen in Eve:" was "Never"

Then something is hosed up somewhere with your system, because I know for a fact I connected to Jabber at some point more recently than that (not even accounting for 'today' so if your system isn't showing that then you really do have an issue) and I have also logged into Eve rather more recently than 'never'.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

feedmegin posted:

Then something is hosed up somewhere with your system, because I know for a fact I connected to Jabber at some point more recently than that (not even accounting for 'today' so if your system isn't showing that then you really do have an issue) and I have also logged into Eve rather more recently than 'never'.

Well, here's an easy way to test the Jabber thing. Andromache: I reboot my computer several times a week. My Jabber automatically runs and connects on every startup. I use the same name here, on the goonfleet forums, and in-game. Do you show me as active based on Jabber activity?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

feedmegin posted:

Before I start a purge, I check my stats on Manager and make sure they are up to date. If they aren't then I yell at someone (usually boris).

Your last in Eve date probably shows as "never" because that comes from ESI which you probably need to redo due to CCP fuckery a few weeks ago, which, had you been connected to jabber, you would be aware about.

This really isn't anything to get upset about as it's literally as easy as wait 7 days and reapply. Do better next time. I do these literally every quarter. There's always some joker that gets all Rutibex over it.

andromache fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 24, 2022

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I was not kicked so I thank you for your services (the isk is in the mail)

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Bob Socko posted:

Well, here's an easy way to test the Jabber thing. Andromache: I reboot my computer several times a week. My Jabber automatically runs and connects on every startup. I use the same name here, on the goonfleet forums, and in-game. Do you show me as active based on Jabber activity?

You are fine.

Other than I'm now noticing that you are in the Friends of Ascendance sig. We're going to need to talk about your poor life choices.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

ASCEE is orders of magnitude more tolerable than most of Karmafleet, Am0kdotte (at least one of them :V), and MM.

Dance with lesser devils.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don’t post in the goonfleet forums much but when I do it’s an absolute banger of a post. Like the opposite of here.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Rudeboy Detective posted:

ASCEE is orders of magnitude more tolerable than most of Karmafleet, Am0kdotte (at least one of them :V), and MM.

Dance with lesser devils.

I'm in this photo and I don't like it

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

andromache posted:

Other than I'm now noticing that you are in the Friends of Ascendance sig. We're going to need to talk about your poor life choices.

Playing Eve is a Poor Life Choice in its own right. Once you’ve decided to do that, which flavor of Goon you play it with is just icing on the mistake cake.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Rudeboy Detective posted:

:ohdear:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Battlestars had the best posters

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

And that poster is... us all. Everything and nothing is real; all of us and none of us are good posters.

Can we space war again soon please?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

andromache posted:

I meant it as a slight laugh as to how many goons are playing actively (paps) compared to posting/jabber/mumble
All data is beautiful anyway, thank you for the stuff you do!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If standing fleet with other miners don't count then I can always drag my carcass out of bed at 4am forget to change ships and accidentally warp my retriever to FC at 0?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Dalael posted:

I'm one of those who put the game down literally after the t5z keepstar blew up. I can't speak for others, but I can definitely say gently caress :ccp: and I only logged back in for the war. I doubt I'll subscribe again unless the Imperium ever sounds the horn of Goondor again. At this point :ccp: has hosed the game too much for my taste and I have absolutely no doubt that if they ever create a patch that fixes EVE, it will be entirely accidental on their part.

same

I post occasionally and make sure my esi is up to date

I'm keeping my client patched

I tried to make PI work. Eh, maybe I'd do it if I was on death row and the library ran out of new material. I've converted ships and isk to Plex and I'll jump in next time there's a war.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

learnincurve posted:

If standing fleet with other miners don't count then I can always drag my carcass out of bed at 4am forget to change ships and accidentally warp my retriever to FC at 0?

Just don't warp it to a titan @ 0 and you're golden, imo

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Hello thread, long time no speak.

I see things have gotten a bit interesting while you guys are getting ready to Next Test.

A couple of questions:

How many of the "neutral states" are Goon friendly? I remember Dracarys being good guys but I don't know the rest.

Is that Brave all the way up there? I thought they were constantly getting dunked on by Frat, so how comes they are sitting right next too them?

Is mittens tall?

xblackdog
Dec 19, 2013

Organic Lamb Sauce.
Made for angels, by angels.

learnincurve posted:

isk for isk, I think any logical FC would appreciate a mackinaw much more than any pansy BS. Imagine the fear in your enemies eyes when they see a fleet of exhumers dropping in!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
can rorquals fit fighters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

How many keepstars can you fit on the head of a pin?