Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's clearly an animorph of Mark Zuckerberg turning into Scott Auckerman. Or maybe young Brent Spiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or Jared Kushner

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Misunderestimates? That reference is old enough to drink

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i'm not racist, some of my best kids are mexican

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

Misunderestimates? That reference is old enough to drink

Well, he is a hack

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Re: Nancy Drew, I confess that I have not been able to watch much but there is a supernatural element to it in that there are witches in that universe. So if that’s your jam, give it an episode or two.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
is she an artist, finally fulfilling the title's promise? or she yet another misleadingly named child detective

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pennyworth, the young Alfred/young Bat-Dad series that was previously on Epix has finally been added to HBO Max.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
finally!!!!!!!

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Charlotte is unrecognizable

Should I even ask what Rob Schneider Netflix Premium Comedy Special even is? Mostly bitching about millenials and cancel culture right? I know I shouldn't judge blindly but I suffered his movies before and I WILL NOT BE TRICKED AGAIN! I still have flashbacks to the Animal or Deuce Bigalow: American Gigalo. The horror...

the horror

So started Beforeigners and the Leftovers using VPN plus my sisters account. I swear I left VPN off my XBox and it still worked. Not complaining that they didn't fix that for us non Murricans but more shocked. Really wish they'd let non Americans just buy HBOMax.

Beforeigners can be slow but hosed if I am not into it. With all the Saint Olaf/anti Christianity talk and some anti time immigant resentment I wonder if they will bring in Nazis or that "Saint Olaf" was a bit of a xenophobic shitbag loon. Also can't imagine some guy who pillaged and plundered for years just being cool with delivering food. Shocked they aren't at least trying to recruit for the military. Looking forward to finishing season 1 and hoping future seasons are good. Kinda wish they'd have more flashbacks to pre-historic and Viking age Norway as that would totally be my thing. Please tell me this stays good.

Leftovers. 3 episodes in and already liking it. Never finished the show before but going to this time. Don't want to go overall into much as three episodes in but I just love how this show lets the actors just act and the atmosphere feels like the murky soup of gloom at times. Really... happy? Not sure that is the right word but I like it.

I know I said I was going to mention Succession before but holidays happened and I never got back. Great show. Season 3 was nuts and thank you goons for recommending. That phrase they used for people who died on cruises was haunting.

Goon's good work keeps going. I recommended Patriot and Wayne to some work buddies and they both loved them. Loved Station Eleven and going to try that next for them. One of my favourite shows in a while and I can't say I was disappointed in anything.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The new episode of Euphoria is one of the funniest ones they've ever done. All the fantasy scenes are riots.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Khanstant posted:

is she an artist, finally fulfilling the title's promise? or she yet another misleadingly named child detective

I didn't watch enough to find this out.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Why isn't there a Euphoria thread?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Why isn't there a Euphoria thread?

Because you haven’t made one

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think there was one for season 1, but nobody bumped it?

But yeah this episode was so good and crammed with great scenes. The whole opening flashback (:(), the mockumentary stuff, Jules’ hilariously lovely interrogation of Elliott, Oklahoma, Ash v Cal, the return of teacher Rue…..

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I also saw it as Patrick Wilson starring as Schneider in a biopic. :hai:

It's so weirdly unsettling, it's like after Jimmy Carr did whatever it was he did to his face, he looks like somebody drew a picture of him from memory.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Escobarbarian posted:

I think there was one for season 1, but nobody bumped it?

I looked recently and couldn't find one. Might've just missed it, but I was kinda surprised.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah just had a look myself. I guess there never was one. I’ll make one tomorrow if no-one else has.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Is Euphoria a depressing show? I have this tendency to assume any show about drug users (as opposed to dealers, I.e. Breaking Bad etc) is a Requiem For A Dream level despair spiral.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s dark and depressing as hell yeah, but also frequently very funny

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched the first episode of Archive 81 and think it kind of overplays the overt supernatural stuff a little too much (mostly with the static monster) when it had enough subtle spookiness (like the cell phone call in the woods where you get glimpses of something in the background) going on that it would have been fine without it.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Is season 3 of Snowpiercer going to air on HBO Max concurrently, after the season finale, or before the next season?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It seems like most non HBO shows on HBO Max end up with a deal where it goes up a month after the finale.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Season 2 hit Jan 6th, it finished airing March 29th 2021.

So, a long time.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, and the second season of Folklore finished airing nearly two months ago, and no news on when it's coming to Max.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess it depends on who owns what because latest seasons of Joe Pera and Squidbillies are already up.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

I guess it depends on who owns what because latest seasons of Joe Pera and Squidbillies are already up.

AT&T owns TNT! Sorry AT&T, I'm not getting a cable subscription on top of HBO Max to watch Snowpiercer.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Folklore's one that's always stuck out to me, since it's an HBO Asia show -- seems weird that they would air it simultaneously, or that there'd be such a weird delay on it.

It'll probably turn up in six months or whatever.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Warner doesn't make Snowpiercer though, so there's likely a separate streaming distribution contract for it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s weird how so many people these days forget that you can just torrent things

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Some folks try not to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

Some folks try not to.

Buncha squares.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

I watched the first episode of Archive 81 and think it kind of overplays the overt supernatural stuff a little too much (mostly with the static monster) when it had enough subtle spookiness (like the cell phone call in the woods where you get glimpses of something in the background) going on that it would have been fine without it.

I finished it last night. Standard needs to be one or two episodes less, but a very solid season 1. A good mix of The Ring/Sinster and other poo poo that would be a major spoiler.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I have so much to watch that the effort of torrenting and then doing whatever I would have to do to watch it in the living room that I'll just watch something else.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Plex is extremely easy to use

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's effort beyond pressing play and when you have a 30 series backlog that can be watched by just pressing play, it's not worth it.

It's not like I'm on any sort of timeline to watch this poo poo, no one in real life talks about TV anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bull3964 posted:

I have so much to watch that the effort of torrenting and then doing whatever I would have to do to watch it in the living room that I'll just watch something else.

I try to use legal services. But sometimes it ain't work $10 for one drat show. We just canceled Netflix for a while and we're test driving Paramount+ (which kind of sucks). We have Prime, Disney and Hulu as well. Prime is just part of the larger service. We watch a lot on Hulu and D+ has all the SW and Marvel stuff so we'll keep that probably forever.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Buncha squares.

You ain’t wrong.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

T-Mobile gives me Paramount+ for free and a discount on Netflix.

I keep HBO Max since there's usually something on there to watch and I do the same for Hulu due to FX and their originals have been pretty good too.

I prepaid for Disney+ when it launched that got me that $2.99 /month price for like 3 years.

Peacock can rot in hell for cancelling A.P. Bio and I burned through everything worth watching on the service pretty quickly so it's not exactly high on the priority list.

Anything else I subscribe through Amazon Prime when they do their pretty frequent 0.99 /month for 2 month promotions. That's how I burned through Yellowjackets and Good Lord Bird on Showtime and Ultra City Smiths on AMC+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Warner doesn't make Snowpiercer though, so there's likely a separate streaming distribution contract for it.

I mean yeah, I know how it works I just hate it.