Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Marathoned through this today. Terry Silver coming full circle back to being the most OTT villain was fun, there were times I wasn't sure where it was going to end up. His character makes a lot of sense when you look at him as a mentally ill man who quit taking his meds.

I'm excited for the next season to see a string of Cobra Kai franchise dojos all through the Valley, and to see if we get a fusion of Miyagi-do and Eagle Fang Kung Fu.

That said, they need to rap this up as the young cast is aging rapidly and are not going to be believable as high schoolers much longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When has any production ever cared that much about believable teenagers?

Have you ever seen Riverdale?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Have you ever seen Riverdale?
Let's not lower the bar that low...

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

PeterCat posted:

That said, they need to wrap this up as ralph macchio is aging rapidly and is not going to be believable as middleaged much longer.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Ralph Macchio is in fact 896 years old.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has season 5 been confirmed as the end?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Filming's already finished, they've said.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

They’ve stepped that back and said they are actively working on season 6 but “planning the endgame” which is vague enough that it could be a few more seasons

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Filming's already finished, they've said.

I'd seen that, I just want sure if they were wrapping it up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rhyno posted:

At one point they were talking spin-offs. I kind of assume the main series will now continue with the younger characters they brought in last season. I also assume we will get an ending for a lot of original cast. If they really are planning on doing spin-offs, I hope we get a college Binary Brothers buddy movie.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
more like cursed brothers

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Also, did anyone notice that Kenny's dad is a Major?

Major Payne.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Spacebump posted:

At one point they were talking spin-offs. I kind of assume the main series will now continue with the younger characters they brought in last season. I also assume we will get an ending for a lot of original cast. If they really are planning on doing spin-offs, I hope we get a college Binary Brothers buddy movie.
They can immediately start filming a new series set 7 years later, after they've all graduated college.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I'm not sure any spin-offs will work. I really think they're nearing the end of the road of the endless soap-opera cycle of betrayals and defections - this season in particular felt like they were moving everyone towards their endgame for the original cast.

e: it is also getting harder and harder for these actors to pretend to be 17 year olds, particuarly when they are standing next to actual kids like Dallas Young.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 23, 2022

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Spin-offs will work in another few decades.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
William Zabka will prolly still be hot at 80. I wonder how 80s jokes will play with the 2050 crowd.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

William Zabka will prolly still be hot at 80. I wonder how 80s jokes will play with the 2050 crowd.

Probably like how 1950's jokes play right now.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I dunno but I hope he gets a shot at some serious roles moving forward. He's real good and I suspect he has range.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

When is Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) going to show up?

post Google edit: NEVERMIND, GUESS THAT'S A NEVER.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 25, 2022

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

When is Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) going to show up?

post Google edit: NEVERMIND, GUESS THAT'S A NEVER.
What's you find?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Closest I saw was he's gay, he may be in a relationship with Tyler, but probably not, and they think he might be Miles Morales. But y'know absolutely gently caress that

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

LividLiquid posted:

What's you find?

They'd have to hire Jackie Chan too, and they can't afford him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah a young black actor pops up and the entire internet says he should be Miles Morales.

Kid's not that great of an actor, but he's black so that's enough for nerd culture.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

What's you find?

slashfilm posted:

I saw Jon on Twitter say that the Jaden Smith movie is a different universe. Have you ruled out that one day, maybe in season 7 or 8, Dre Parker and Mr. Han come back from China?

Hurwitz: Yes, we've ruled that out completely. Jackie Chan is mentioned in season 1 of the show as a human, so I think in our world, Jackie Chan is an actor and a performer. If the characters on our show have seen a movie called The Karate Kid, they've seen that one. 

Read More: https://www.slashfilm.com/578819/cobra-kai-creators-interview-season-3/?utm_campaign=clip

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That movie's title makes no loving sense and I didn't care for the flick besides, so I'm fine with this.

But they should bring in Hilary Swank.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah it's time next Karate kid starts getting some respect

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
If it means a guest appearance of Michael Ironside then I'm all for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PizzaProwler posted:

This but what if he's playing his Highlander 2 character instead

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

PizzaProwler posted:

Sure, but turn it entirely on his head. He realized he was an rear end in a top hat, went back to school, and had a great career as a child psychologist and social worker. Nothing nefarious, nothing evil. Now he's just a retired old social worker who comes in, gives some great advice in that smooth Michael Ironside voice, and is promptly ignored because this is an 80s action movie writ large.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaius Marius posted:

Yeah it's time next Karate kid starts getting some respect

If Swank got a fight scene lasting more than about a minute and a half it would be a step up from NKK. Seriously, they spend more time picking out a dress for her formal dance.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

But they should bring in Hilary Swank.

Welp...

Ralph Macchio posted:

Anyone who knew Mr. Miyagi and interacted with Mr. Miyagi is canon for the ‘Cobra Kai’ show.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Uphold Cobra-Eagle-Miyagist Thought

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's no way that post credits wasn't originally swank

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That doesn't really track with the story, though. Why would Daniel turn to a decent person out of desperation? Like, yeah, from a marketing perspective it would make a great teaser, but it wouldn't have made a lick of sense to bring her in that way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hilary Swank has an Oscar.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

One she deserved, Hollywood's obsession with only casting cis people in trans roles and every trans flick being about us being traumatized notwithstanding.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's probably not going to be on this show.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

HasbrownJuliePierceCobraKaiS5

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Hilary Swank has an Oscar.

I've never seen her in a film that wasn't karate kid, so I'm going to assume the oscar is for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Rhyno posted:

She's probably not going to be on this show.

If she does, she should team up with Johnny and join Eagle Fang.

What's Hillary Swank been up to anyways?