Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Thanks! unlike the author of that poo poo comic I'm eager to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Yeah, something about the blond, white Greeks tripped my 'extensive racial theories' detector.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

By popular demand posted:

People should learn about Mansa Musa, the king who's Hajj was so opulent it ruined many kingdoms' economy.
People love hearing about bling.

I'll admit I never heard of him until the Epic Rap Battle video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCeUvPL9rMc&t=202s

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
drat I think that's the least I've ever wanted to click on a YouTube link based on the thumbnail

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Tibalt posted:

Yeah, something about the blond, white Greeks tripped my 'extensive racial theories' detector.

For me, it was the naked racism, but I guess you got there 3 panels early.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

the sex ghost posted:

drat I think that's the least I've ever wanted to click on a YouTube link based on the thumbnail

yeah, please don't link Epic Rap Battles.

here's a much more palatable thing to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhyKYa0YJ_5DDhUWNT_5GWuCnXHh70Zz7

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Mr. Squishy posted:

For me, it was the naked racism, but I guess you got there 3 panels early.
There's a difference between the standard ubiquitous racism of someone like Lester or Asay, who has drawn this exact comic, and the wild A Wyatt Man 'the Anglo Saxons are the real Jewish people described in the Bible' conspiracies of Neo-Nazis and John Birchers.

I suspect that, if you'd wanted to dig through that website, you'd find an essay about how Catholics are secretly demon worshippers who killed off the real (blond, blue eyed) Romans is what I'm getting at.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What's wrong with ERB?
Oh poo poo, they're not chuds or cryptobros or some poo poo, are they?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

it's cringe

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
It's actually really good (well, most of them, especially the later videos). But it can also be extremely cringe. This one is probably the least cringe because it doesn't feature actual people cosplaying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ver1OZdK2bA

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on what is likely to be another difficult week for the PM – Boris Johnson is expected to respond defiantly to the imminent publication of Sue Gray’s report into parties at No 10 during lockdown"

Telegraph:

Civil servants ordered back to office after Covid restrictions lifted in England

Independent:

Times:

Blinken says Nato united on Ukraine as EU ministers prepare to meet

Evening Standard:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Some racist horseshit I found while looking for funny comics:

Super racist, yeah, but I'm really loving the idea that bricks are just naturally occurring phenomena.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Super racist, yeah, but I'm really loving the idea that bricks are just naturally occurring phenomena.

They were, but went extinct at some point in the late 1800's.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Brown:

Lethbridge:

Spooner:

Former Australian PM Paul Keating criticises Liz Truss over 'demented' China comments (Guardian). "Ex-leader targets UK foreign secretary’s remarks on potential China aggression in the Indo-Pacific, adding Britain suffers from 'relevance deprivation'". Link to Keating's op-ed.

First Dog on the Moon: A whole new year of excitement and fun what does 2022 have in store for us?

Also, Rall: Your Government in Action

Ted Rall posted:

When the COVID-19 pandemic first began, the US government should have began immediately shipping hundreds of masks to every American family from some giant warehouse somewhere. Now it's the third year of the pandemic and everyone is getting one. If it's the thought that counts, there hasn’t been much thought.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Your Government in Action

Rall posted:

When the COVID-19 pandemic first began, the US government should have began immediately shipping hundreds of masks to every American family from some giant warehouse somewhere. Now it's the third year of the pandemic and everyone is getting one. If it's the thought that counts, there hasn’t been much thought.

As a reminder, the Strategic National Stockpile was left in a state of complete neglect following the previous administration, the Biden administration has been using the DPA since the beginning of his term to restore it, and even now the recently announced distribution of 400 million N95s is more than half of the stockpile's holdings. The Trump admin had also used the DPA to get masks in hands, though not at the same scale.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

There is also this pretty good vid. Whole channel is good

https://youtu.be/ZcfitxiEJU8

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Wait. What's wrong with Epic Rap Battles?

Also did I miss all the terrible meatloaf tribute comics or do I have to wait?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Raised By Birds posted:

People who run corporations are pretty stupid.
-Tina Garrison

If anyone feels the need for a new avatar:

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Conservatives: Why hasn't the government done more to fix X?
Conservatives: The only good government is no government.

Am I sensing a pattern here?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Indiana_Krom posted:

Am I sensing a pattern here?

It's important to bear in mind that their idea of big government overreach is "things I don't like."

"Oh, it's illegal now to beat the hell out of someone for being black? More big government at work. They need to focus on the real issues like making sure no one has to bake a wedding cake with rainbow frosting."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Raised By Birds posted:

People who run corporations are pretty stupid.
-Tina Garrison

Launch all those sexy M&Ms in the loving sun.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Ben Garrison posted:

CANADA’S DOH BOY!

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is a soft man.

His father, Fidel Castro, would probably call him a ‘useful idiot.’ Okay, maybe Castro isn’t Justin’s real father, but there certainly is a resemblance–and more importantly—Justin is acting like Castro.

Justin Trudeau praised Castro after his death. His father, Pierre Trudeau, visited Cuba about a year before Justin was born in order to praise the ruthless dictator in person. In fact, the entire Trudeau family seems to have a penchant for such dictators. Justin loves communist China and his father visited the Soviet Union in his younger years to praise Stalin. It’s no wonder Justin is becoming Canada’s tyrannical Prime Minister.

Justin is spoiled and morally squishy. To counteract his weakness he tries to look strong. He once put on fake eyebrows to make him appear more masculine.

He despises conservative media. Just before he arrived at an event, Justin ordered his government goons to rough up a Rebel News reporter. The physical assault was caught on camera. Justin would never dirty his snow white paws himself, but he has plenty of taxpayer-funded thugs willing to do it for him. The goons knew they would go unpunished. Justin, like Stalin and Castro, is not only above the law, he considers himself to BE the law. Justin said the Rebel News organization were not journalists, as if he gets to decide such a thing…just like Hillary thinks she can decide that Julian Assange is not a journalist.

Trudeau has had a field day with the so-called ‘pandemic.’ It enabled him to enter into a child-like state of glee at locking people down and insisting they get forcibly jabbed. Remember, Trudeau hates those who resist the dangerous and under-tested mRNA gene therapy drugs. He even called them ‘racist and misogynistic extremists.’ Like his fellow dictators Macron and New Zealand’s toothy Jacinda Andern, Trudeau is demonizing the unvaccinated in order to create division, fear, and paranoia that is necessary for them to cement their vaccine passport plans. They don’t care about health. They care about power and tracking everyone, which enables them to better manage through force the lives of their citizens on a granular level. It’s about replacing freedom with their tyranny of ’safety-ism.’

Now Trudeau must deal with outraged truckers who refuse the mandatory jabs along with millions of their countrymen who support them. They are driving to their Canada’s capitol, Ottawa, to express their anger. Will Justin use force to stop them? If he does, Canadian citizens will have a good opportunity to show just how soft Justin really is. Those who would use force against the truckers need to consider whether or not they are on the side of a dictator or the Canadian people who value freedom.

The world is being pushed around by a mere handful of power-mad monsters. All we have to do is stop complying and stop participating in the slavery they have baked up for us. I’ve read that Justin absolutely hates the rumor that Castro is his real father. We should all rub that in. The next time Justin faces crowds, perhaps they should chant, “Let’s go, Castro!”

— Ben Garrison

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hell yeah wish the real Trudeau was this cool

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Wow Lester just already claiming 2022 elections are rigged?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
It's been a good news cycle if you're into 'Shirtless Putin in a Tank.'

Robert Ariail

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Gary Markstein

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco Double Feature

quote:

Flip-Floppin’ Amy
It has appeared that Minnesota Senator Klobuchar has flipped on destroying the age-old Filibuster.

quote:

Wasting Away In Margaritaville
Psaki says to ignore all the Biden-created disasters and just have a couple of Margaritas.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

good god cartoonists are horny for war

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

What the gently caress did Buckhead do lol

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

RodShaft posted:

Wait. What's wrong with Epic Rap Battles?

Just cringey is all.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
This is the worst obituary I've ever seen

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

What the gently caress did Buckhead do lol

Standard white part of city wants to become its own city so it doesn't send tax revenue to black part of city.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Just cringey is all.

Fair.

When you hear "don't post blank" sometimes it's a me too thing and I was worried.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Look at this big soft weak man, just doughy and pathetic, only pretending to be strong, very soft. So soft. Softly crushing huge trucks, demolishing entire buildings, picking up grown men as though they were rag dolls, demolishing all in his wake. So soft!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

It's funny how old people like to talk about how "kids these days have it easy" and that whiny millennials should toughen up and realize that nothing worth doing is easy.

And then Tom Hanks says "Yeah, I agree, having it tough makes us great people, because it makes us stronger" and those same old people are all "No having it hard sucks and things should be easier! What an idiot saying that things being hard is good!"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Almost starting to think conservatives don't actually believe most of the dumb poo poo they say!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Vib Rib posted:

Look at this big soft weak man, just doughy and pathetic, only pretending to be strong, very soft. So soft. Softly crushing huge trucks, demolishing entire buildings, picking up grown men as though they were rag dolls, demolishing all in his wake. So soft!

Remember his Crybullies? I think that was Garrison's first unforced :umberto:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Vib Rib posted:

not at all hard like rock-hard big handed eternal presinald trump who does not have a soft doughy body or wear diapers and could totally kick this nobody former boxer's rear end

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

good god cartoonists are horny for war
It’s the one issue both sides agree on. When we got out of Afghanistan, all the liberals were full of crocodile tears about women. You know, ignore how we could have spent that trillion or two on supporting women in actually productive ways.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Guess what kind of laws the GOP is passing using the lie about a stolen election, Ramirez. You loving idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He’s not an idiot: he’s knows the election lie is poison to the GOP’s prospects, but he also knows restricting voter rights is the best path forward for the party. So slam the conspiracy theory poo poo about 2020 while getting in the actual point that election laws are perfectly fine. Now he appears balanced and therefore reasonable.