Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Tim rogers earthbound review is gonna kick rear end whenever it comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

scary ghost dog posted:

zero mission is godlike. i got my completion time below an hour when i was a kid. so much is secretly optional

this.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

my mind was blown when i found out you can skip the long beam.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

You should beat earthbound

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
one day earthbound will be on the switch and all will be right in the world

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a Loving Dog posted:

You should beat earthbound

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ok. i will play earthbound

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

I need to replay Earthbound, as a kid I remember it being kinda slow and tedious at the start. I absolutely love Mother 3 though.

imo there's a couple segments that are kind of slow but they don't detract from the experience at all

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

finished smw w/96 exits and fun colors

moved on to yoshi's island and am getting 100% in each stage before moving to the next. haven't played through this game in probably 10 years so it feels fresh

i started earthbound a couple summers ago but never finished it, i'll probably go back and restart it after i finish smw2

nintendo

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Your going to give up on 100% yoshi's island before world 3

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Arrhythmia posted:

i always give up on poochy ain't stupid. its a bad level

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i always give up on poochy ain't stupid. its a bad level

Poochy is incredibly stupid

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

I've done it and it wasn't worth it, there is exactly 1 bonus level that is sort of ok.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i actually managed poochy ain't stupid in just a few tries but now i'm on the 2nd one with all the red switches where you have to time every part perfectly and yeah it's tough lol

this took a lot of tries. fun level once you get the timing down, i was stumped by the first flower for a while

this game rules

tmfc fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 25, 2022

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Poochy is a moronic little freak.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

I 100 percented th whole game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I 100 percented th whole game

Hello, Poochy.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

:mad:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

imo there's a couple segments that are kind of slow but they don't detract from the experience at all

This. It's a GOAT

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive never beaten the world 1 special where you have to ride poochie through a lava field, and hell i may never

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

I have to go now. My planet needs me

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have to go now. My planet needs me

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

b_d posted:

my mind was blown when i found out you can skip the long beam.

Long beam is looooong :D

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This reads like a plot description of one of those Epic Movie/Meet the Spartans films

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

At the Battle of Thermopylae, the Persians introduce their secret weapons, Ghost Rider and Rocky Balboa, who kills Sonio with a decapitating uppercut. Captain avenges him with Botox poisoning before being struck down by Xerxes. Leonidas pursues Xerxes and plays Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Managing to find the "Transformer Cube", Xerxes uses it in a car to become Xerxestron and shows off his powers to access the "Leave Britney Alone!" video on YouTube. However, Xerxestron accidentally trips on his extension cord and falls on Leonidas and the surviving Spartans, killing them. The blind Dilio eventually returns to Sparta to tell of Leonidas' final moments. A year later, Dilio leads a larger Spartan force to defeat the Persians, but the blind warrior ends up going the wrong way. They end up in Malibu, where they knock Lindsay Lohan down as she is leaving rehab again.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

At the Battle of Thermopylae, the Persians introduce their secret weapons, Ghost Rider and Rocky Balboa, who kills Sonio with a decapitating uppercut. Captain avenges him with Botox poisoning before being struck down by Xerxes. Leonidas pursues Xerxes and plays Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Managing to find the "Transformer Cube", Xerxes uses it in a car to become Xerxestron and shows off his powers to access the "Leave Britney Alone!" video on YouTube. However, Xerxestron accidentally trips on his extension cord and falls on Leonidas and the surviving Spartans, killing them. The blind Dilio eventually returns to Sparta to tell of Leonidas' final moments. A year later, Dilio leads a larger Spartan force to defeat the Persians, but the blind warrior ends up going the wrong way. They end up in Malibu, where they knock Lindsay Lohan down as she is leaving rehab again.

+ epic battleborn heroes!

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i am playing mother on the mother+earthbound gba collection and it is very good!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

edit: wait this actually real? lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

mbt posted:

i believe it's real bc if pablo freestyled all that hes a one in a million genius.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

lmfao gently caress this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meet_the_Spartans

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

After growing angry with both the messenger's disrespect and finding him making out with his wife, Leonidas kicks him into a pit. Despite Traitoro's advice that the messenger's guards are now needed to convey the actual message, Leonidas kicks them in as well, along with Britney Spears (Nicole Parker) and Kevin Federline, Sanjaya Malakar, Ryan Seacrest, and the American Idol judges.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Shocked to find out that I was the only one tricked into watching this movie by a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol