Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
can we never post actual fetish stuff in here again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

crypt merypt

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

flatluigi posted:

can we never post actual fetish stuff in here again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeloDrSKZm8

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

twitter user @ricrudesells is a treasure trove of these

https://twitter.com/dammititscbj/status/1380674766454022144

https://twitter.com/RickRudeSells/status/1377072378753204227

https://twitter.com/RickRudeSells/status/1259527840468545536

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh wow, that's brutal. Nyla good.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lol

https://twitter.com/DanielleMoinet/status/1485708902897438724

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Comedy is all about the timing and this is extremely funny

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

How high and / or drunk would he have been here?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

A one-off payday isn't much, got to make the most of that grift train

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Crypto markets are sliding into obscurity right now so she just pissed away half of whatever she thinks she’s getting.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

coconono posted:

Crypto markets are sliding into obscurity right now so she just pissed away half of whatever she thinks she’s getting.

Didn't bitcoin or whatever just lose like over $100 billion of value due to tensions rising between the US and Russia in the Ukraine?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm so glad I never got into this nonsense

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Didn't bitcoin or whatever just lose like over $100 billion of value due to tensions rising between the US and Russia in the Ukraine?

Yes, but with crypto insanely volatile now is probably a good time to get paid in BC so long as you'd not need to cash out immediately because the price will definitely sore back over $40k/BC at some point.

Obviously this is reliant on people continuing to refuse to acknowledge the whole poo poo is a pyramid scheme but at this point everyone is working desperately hard to stop that bubble from popping.

At this point it's hard to imagine what's make TulipMania Mark II end. It has to at some point but in the medium term she'll probably do alright out of it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Summer is definitely smart to a likely higher payday from that crypto company to be paid in crypto than her Royal Rumble pay off would be.

Also to be a trailblazer for female athletes.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

beyond just the coins losing their value - one by one each one of these crypto markets just disappears with everyone's coins saying they were hacked

although I do feel bad for people losing their life savings and poo poo at this point it's like 'hack' number one thousand and you should know better

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The crypto company is paying Summer Rae in actual money to do that. Same thing happened with Odell Beckham.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Personally, I find it most interesting that WWE is now hiring professional influencers to push their failing brand

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Summer is definitely smart to a likely higher payday from that crypto company to be paid in crypto than her Royal Rumble pay off would be.

Also to be a trailblazer for female athletes.

Oh yeah, normal people in crypto are the losers but she's probably getting lots of real money for taking some fake money.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

in 2017 to 2019 I invested in 15 different cryptos and 10 different stocks, 6 of those stocks went to zero and my shares were worthless, now the crypto is headed to zero too. It I had chosen B instead of A i’d be a millionaire, instead I will be unhappy until death. Life is a gamble, Summer Rae will be okay though because unlike all crypto investors myself included, she has some level of talent to fall back on. The rest of us will get what we deserve. There’s going to be a lot of suicides this year in all honesty, but not me, I have Elden Ring and Brian Danielson.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh yeah, normal people in crypto are the losers but she's probably getting lots of real money for taking some fake money.

No she is the first female athlete to take fake money to promote fake money. She is a pioneer in all aspects of the crypto game.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Eat My Fuc posted:

There’s going to be a lot of suicides this year in all honesty, but not me, I have Elden Ring and Brian Danielson.

goddamn that's a mood

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've made it this far in my life without pissing away my lifesavings into a pyramid scheme, let's see if I can go the distance folks? Whoever invented the Pyramid Scheme tapped into something foundational of the human psyche because there have been a million of them and they always work on someone.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Fox going from shilling commemorative coins to shilling crypto coins just makes sense

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

Shard posted:

I've made it this far in my life without pissing away my lifesavings into a pyramid scheme, let's see if I can go the distance folks? Whoever invented the Pyramid Scheme tapped into something foundational of the human psyche because there have been a million of them and they always work on someone.

It's the combination of greed, self-delusion, and the idea of getting rich without actually having to do any work for it. As long as people exist, there will always be rubes (or "marks", if you will) to be hustled and hustlers to hustle them.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Everything I read about crypto/NFTs just makes it sound like everyone with actual money who is involved is extremely aware it’s a scam and they’re just trying to stay in the money-making window before it all falls apart and takes down the rubes they convinced to support it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dacap posted:

Everything I read about crypto/NFTs just makes it sound like everyone with actual money who is involved is extremely aware it’s a scam and they’re just trying to stay in the money-making window before it all falls apart and takes down the rubes they convinced to support it.

You can buy drugs and guns with it at least

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dacap posted:

Imagine an entire made-up economy where the goal is to not be the last person left holding the bag.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
At this point the entire American economy is a “greater fool” scam

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Imagine an entire made-up economy where the goal is to not be the last person left holding the bag.

Yes I can imagine dollars

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
fiat is bullshit, I’m going to invent a cryptocurrency that’s backed by a bunch of guy with guns who have the right to tax real production from the world’s largest economy. also you have to use it to buy oil

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

Dacap posted:

Crypto's especially dumb because it's an "alternative currency" that's basically treated like and traded as a stock. Even buying stuff with it is dumb because the only use for it is either to buy other stuff that can only be purchased with cryptocurrency, or to try and cash it out (and many were the chuckles to be had over the last decade or so, when crypto rubes got scammed by handing over their digital funbux or whatever; only to discover that whoops, the place that was supposed to give them real world money for it suddenly closed up shop). It's particularly funny considering idiots would literally invest thousands of real dollars in real money on crypto mining hardware, only for a blockchain update or whatever to render their expensive (and single-use, in many cases) gear practically worthless. I don't know much about NFTs, but I generally assume they're along the same "there's a sucker born every minute" lines as crypto.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't know much about NFTs, but I generally assume they're along the same "there's a sucker born every minute" lines as crypto.

Sorta! This time is you get a "unique digital item" except there's no rights that go with it or anything. It's just a jpg of a bill of goods.

I haven't watched it yet, but there's a video that just came out that talks all about much crypto/nft is a scam.
https://youtu.be/YQ_xWvX1n9g

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Eat My Fuc posted:

You can buy those things with real money already

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yeah most real developers are staying away from NFTs and are wondering how the whole thing hasn't fallen apart yet being that it's just a giant scam for stupid people and those taking advantage of stupid people

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

Shard posted:

My strategy is to simply have no life savings. I can't waste what I don't have.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Okkult posted:

My strategy is to simply have no life savings. I can't waste what I don't have.

We call that the "anyone past Gen X". I've told my kids its scary out there - they can stay with me forever. Good luck starting out and finding housing these days.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

a really bad idea since the blockchain info is publicly available to everyone (especially the feds)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

Do not even ask posted:

a really bad idea since the blockchain info is publicly available to everyone (especially the feds)

It was hilarious to read about that one crypto geek who thought the darkweb was truly anonymous and safe, only to get busted when he tried to use it to hire a hitman and it turned out that it's chock full of undercover feds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Crypto is the goose, aaaaand the faucet