Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
From what I've seen it was because more of the employees confirmed that the reason they left was because the offer was better and thedacare wouldn't match. The judge admitted that the employees having to miss a day of work at the new job was "unfortunate collateral damage" while he gathered info. Thedacare is still proceeding with a lawsuit against ascension claiming the employees were "poached" because they will probably loose millions of dollars of revenue from patients being diverted while they restaff their IR department. It's a gigantic self own and I am looking forward to that lawsuit also being laughed away so they get punished for their greed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Betty Wight posted:

That’s the way we do it in our office unless we can verify it on camera. Contact tracing is hard and it would have been cool if the federal government had carved out some pandemic relief for hipaa. As in, allowing us to ask everyone if they were around so and so. So instead we ask sick person A who they were around the last three days and they are expected to remember. Super dumb.

We all have to badge in to the office though - I'd prefer if they sent an email out to all of the people who badged in that day. They claim it's about privacy but the way it's done now just leaves too many holes.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I bought a 10 pack of 3m auras on this thread's recommendation, and these things are incredibly uncomfortable and barely fit my huge goon face. Do they come in different sizes? Is there a way to make them fit better that I'm missing? Failing that, are there other n95 or kn95 masks that fit giant idiot faces like mine better?

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Cool Dad posted:

I bought a 10 pack of 3m auras on this thread's recommendation, and these things are incredibly uncomfortable and barely fit my huge goon face. Do they come in different sizes? Is there a way to make them fit better that I'm missing? Failing that, are there other n95 or kn95 masks that fit giant idiot faces like mine better?

I bought auras and they didn’t fit at all. I don’t know what fae creatures are wearing these but I wear 8511s and they are very comfortable. You can even order them direct from 3M.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Cool Dad posted:

I have a gigantic dome (size 8 fitted hats) and the aura's are far and away the most comfortable N95 I have ever worn, but I don't have huge goon jowls, and unfortunately they aren't available in different sizes. Having worn a lot of different N95 masks through my life, it really is just a matter of finding what works best for you, but broadly speaking stay with N95 (instead of KN95), because I think the over the head straps will generally result in a much better seal even if you have a slightly worse fit.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
There are plenty of behind-the-head KN95s too.

Fwiw, if you truly have a beak or just a giant head, respirators will probably be the most comfortable because they do come in small, medium, large.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

dude789 posted:

From what I've seen it was because more of the employees confirmed that the reason they left was because the offer was better and thedacare wouldn't match. The judge admitted that the employees having to miss a day of work at the new job was "unfortunate collateral damage" while he gathered info. Thedacare is still proceeding with a lawsuit against ascension claiming the employees were "poached" because they will probably loose millions of dollars of revenue from patients being diverted while they restaff their IR department. It's a gigantic self own and I am looking forward to that lawsuit also being laughed away so they get punished for their greed.
Hey, look, if employees are allowed to just go to a different job that pays them what they're worth, how will there be any left for the executives to skim off the top?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Powershift posted:

I thought you might enjoy this as well.

Repeat offenders fined for not wearing masks:

$2 CA in 1918 is about $35 American today, for the curious

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Powershift posted:

I thought you might enjoy this as well.

Calgary Herald, Nov 12, 1918. some articles damaged.

you might be able to find your local papers here https://news.google.com/newspapers

The worst wave seems to be october-november 1918.
This is fun!

A hot take from my local paper.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Canuckistan posted:

This is fun!

A hot take from my local paper.

I assume that's a misprint, but it looks like the article blaming the Kaiser is also attributed to him.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Kaiser Willie was very, very proud of his perfect flu pandemic.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Well so far so good with my older son's (11, almost 12) breakthrough covid.

In a normal year I would have called it a cold of average, or even mild, severity. He's got an occasional cough and some congestion. No fever.

We'll find out the rest of our status by this evening (thanks, saliva pcr testing) to see if we've got our own breakthroughs. If we're all positive I guess he can stop isolating. As it stands, he's just kinda bored and lonely so we're doing a ton of in-house discord video calls.

It'll get really awkward if only one or two of the rest of us is positive; I don't think we have that much isolation space. We'll cross that bridge when we come to I guess, lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cool Dad posted:

They only come in one size.

Betty Wight posted:

I bought auras and they didn’t fit at all. I don’t know what fae creatures are wearing these but I wear 8511s and they are very comfortable. You can even order them direct from 3M.

I was also going to suggest 8511. They have valves, but you can just cover that with a surgical mask if necessary.

Moldex’s entire product line is made for a certain kind of face. There are a lot of people that they don’t work for, e.g. with flat noses, but they work for you.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
So my test kits also arrived today. Did not realize that "four tests" just meant two kits, which.... I mean, I'm not going to sneeze at, but still.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I woke up with chills, and I'm currently running a 101.5 fever. Staying home from work, my wife is picking up tests on her way home today. She's feeling better than me but she'll test just in case.

Gosh darn flipping dang.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Platystemon posted:

They only come in one size.

Oh no i dropped my magnum mask for my monster maw.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Crazy patient with Covid managed to break the lock on his door and was overpowering the nurses when I forced him back inside his room
Didn't have time to get a face shield on. Here's hoping I'm not infected with the bone reaper variant now. :sigh:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So some GOP judge here on Long Island decided the mask mandate was unconstitutional yesterday.

About an hour later the local school board mailed that starting today all students don't have to wear masks.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1486021998627196931

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Looks like pfizer snnounced they're starting up trials for the omicron vaccine, though it's very small and unfortunately my trial location isn't involved. People with the initial two doses will get one or two more, people with a normal boost will get one more of the new or old type, and unvaccinated participants will get three. Should be interesting, though the dosing regimen sounds time-consuming even if they're likely goung to be looking at antibodies rather than waiting on a significant difference in infections.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Crazy patient with Covid managed to break the lock on his door and was overpowering the nurses when I forced him back inside his room
Didn't have time to get a face shield on. Here's hoping I'm not infected with the bone reaper variant now. :sigh:

Wat

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A Fancy Hat posted:

A guy on my street is a lawyer, and his law firm "helped" get rid of PA's school mask mandate.

He just posted on facebook that he, his wife, his 2 young kids, and his in-laws that he spent New Year's with all have covid. His in-laws apparently are in really bad shape and his mother-in-law is BEGGING for ivermectin and complaining that there's no open appointments to get antibody treatments. His post was a plea for people to try and help them find antibody treatment appointments or hospitals that can admit them immediately.

They are all, of course, unvaccinated.

Update on this, his mother-in-law is dead and now he's begging people to "make smarter decisions about your personal safety".

Absolutely wild how people can pretend covid isn't real until it personally affects them.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Holy poo poo. This page of the COVID thread has been a loving rollercoaster. Hope everyone pulls through okay. :(

Also, at the very least it's good that this

PIZZA.BAT posted:

the worst part is these people will never be able to make the connection between their actions and the resulting consequences
turned out to be false.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

Update on this, his mother-in-law is dead and now he's begging people to "make smarter decisions about your personal safety".

Absolutely wild how people can pretend covid isn't real until it personally affects them.

It's rare to be able to truthfully tell someone to their face that they are personally responsible for their family's death.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
From my local news Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Kenosha_News/status/1486036415418884103

:getin:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Scarodactyl posted:

Looks like pfizer snnounced they're starting up trials for the omicron vaccine, though it's very small and unfortunately my trial location isn't involved.

Did you already have to be in their system to volunteer? I couldn't find the Omicron-specific trial on their site.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

A Fancy Hat posted:

I have zero sympathy for him.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

My coworker is currently sick (fever, chills, general feeling shittiness, mega sinus headache) so I asked if she was going to get tested, and it turns out you actually can't get tested here anymore. The only people currently eligible for testing are the immunocompromised and the unvaccinated. Everyone who is vaccinated just gets a shrug and is told to just stay home.

So basically we're adopting the "Can't detect cases if you don't test for them" method and saying "gently caress it", I guess.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

This is how most zombie movies start.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have zero sympathy for him.

Yeah, gently caress that guy.

People like that are why we can't have nice things.

Someone won a Herman Cain award.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The sad thing about Joe Rogan is he's a moron but he's not a malicious one. He means well. He's just a huge idiot.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Yeah I have no sympathy for him, he made things worse for all of us and just suffered the consequences of his own actions.

Just wild to spend the whole pandemic going "It's fine! Do whatever you want!" and then suddenly completely flip. Complete lack of empathy, I guess.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

The sad thing about Joe Rogan is he's a moron but he's not a malicious one. He means well. He's just a huge idiot.

At what point does your idiocity become malignant? I mean I'm sure Typhoid Mary was a lovely woman but eventually she was confined to a drat island.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Ginette Reno posted:

I spoke to a good friend the other night with 2x university degrees and an MA in literature. He's always been extremely even keeled but has now fallen down the Rogan rabbit hole and is extremely upset that people are getting banned from twitter for questioning vaccines. Also they've decided not to get their children vaccinated. :sigh:

e: Rogan isn't harmless, he's quite a dangerous propagandist.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Another Bill posted:

... 2x university degrees and an MA in literature... always been extremely even keeled

lmao well there you go, a real rational dude. maybe your friend should learn to read better.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Oracle posted:

At what point does your idiocity become malignant? I mean I'm sure Typhoid Mary was a lovely woman but eventually she was confined to a drat island.

Another Bill posted:

I spoke to a good friend the other night with 2x university degrees and an MA in literature. He's always been extremely even keeled but has now fallen down the Rogan rabbit hole and is extremely upset that people are getting banned from twitter for questioning vaccines. Also they've decided not to get their children vaccinated. :sigh:

e: Rogan isn't harmless, he's quite a dangerous propagandist.

Oh he's definitely not harmless. It's just unfortunate that someone can mean well and be that horribly misinformed and dumb about the world. It's probably why he cultivates such a big following tbh because people can tell that he's not just a shameless rear end in a top hat like a Trump so they get deluded into thinking he has valid points.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tagra posted:

My coworker is currently sick (fever, chills, general feeling shittiness, mega sinus headache) so I asked if she was going to get tested, and it turns out you actually can't get tested here anymore. The only people currently eligible for testing are the immunocompromised and the unvaccinated. Everyone who is vaccinated just gets a shrug and is told to just stay home.

So basically we're adopting the "Can't detect cases if you don't test for them" method and saying "gently caress it", I guess.

This is how most zombie movies start.

At least it wasn't monkey herpes like that one lady caught from the outbreak thread.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

lmao well there you go, a real rational dude. maybe your friend should learn to read better.

Maybe you should learn to read better, then you'd understand that I'm saying a person capable of high level academic analysis and who has otherwise avoided the woo-woo of the world throughout their life has been sucked in by the Roganbros Social Media Vortex (RSMV).

EugeneDebsWasCool
Nov 10, 2017
Buglord

Ginette Reno posted:

It's just unfortunate that someone can mean well and be that horribly misinformed and dumb about the world.

Some of history's biggest monsters meant well and thought they were doing the right thing. Doesn't make them any less of a monster. I'm not saying Rogan is at the level of Hitler or anything but what you intended doesn't mean a goddamn thing when you wield that much power and influence.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Vidya game journalist who risked Omicron for manspider movie now has long COVID from that spiderhero theater experience.

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1485754494419877891

Streaming is a thing yall. I miss going to movie theaters as well, doesn't mean its worth the risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Yes sir, I might not have the right qualifications for the job, but I have demonstrated that I won't fall down a rabbit hole of idiot misinformation and jeopardize the people around me. Also I can use Excel.