Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

YggdrasilTM posted:

Gitaxias wore a robe in his original art too. He just changed it for one with a local design.

I worked out it's probably actually a Hakama not a Robe, which is more "traditionally" Japanese.

You're not wrong but I still think it's a funny idea that Jin-Gitaxias has become a weeb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I think adding local clothes is an interesting touch to remember that the Praetors are not "just" inhuman monster machines.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

It's a Gundam

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

HootTheOwl posted:

It's a Gundam

It manufactures its own pilots though. Also, with Crew 8, it requires at least three of them which is the minimum size for a sentai squad.

Therefore, it is a sentai robot. :colbert:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

It manufactures its own pilots though. Also, with Crew 8, it requires at least three of them which is the minimum size for a sentai squad.

Therefore, it is a sentai robot. :colbert:

The new UW Commander can give it crew 2. Mailing it a classical super robot

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Give me some bans you cowards. I want like half of standard banned.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 25, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Agreed, ban everything mcmagic doesn't like.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Finally, Flying Men is back to the pinnacle of efficency!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I hope they don't ban anything in standard... because I don't play standard anymore and don't care :troll:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I hope they don't ban anything in standard... because I don't play standard anymore and don't care :troll:

You don't play standard because it loving sucks!!! They should make it not suck by banning stuff. Or at least try....

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Standard BO1 is fairly slanted towards white but there's some decent diversity there with aggro mono-W, Orzhov, Selesnya. There's other decks that work well and I'm playing against a fairly diverse set of decks with no singular meta-warping card. At the bottom of Platinum 1 right now so grain of salt maybe.

The control decks are pretty drat annoying though! But what else is new?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Give me some bans you cowards. I want like half of standard banned.

have you tried playing alchemy

TesseractMinotaur
Nov 6, 2012

Yes, let's ban all of Alchemy. Or at least ban all Alchemy cards in Historic.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TesseractMinotaur posted:

Yes, let's ban all of Alchemy. Or at least ban all Alchemy cards in Historic.

qft

kalel posted:

have you tried playing alchemy

yes. it sucks

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Standard BO1 is fairly slanted towards white but there's some decent diversity there with aggro mono-W, Orzhov, Selesnya. There's other decks that work well and I'm playing against a fairly diverse set of decks with no singular meta-warping card. At the bottom of Platinum 1 right now so grain of salt maybe.

The control decks are pretty drat annoying though! But what else is new?

What was the standard format when you started playing magic?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

TesseractMinotaur posted:

ban all Alchemy cards in Historic.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

mcmagic posted:

What was the standard format when you started playing magic?

Oko Standard.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I know they hate having multiple queues but just give us a non alchemy historic queue and an alchy historic one at least.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So you literally have never played a good standard format.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
So I'm told.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

neaden posted:

I know they hate having multiple queues but just give us a non alchemy historic queue and an alchy historic one at least.

I'd be pretty happy if it were "Alchemy Historic" and "Everything Legal in Pioneer Currently in Arena"

edit: less unhappy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I very much believe that the solution to most of arena's shittness is "make standard good'........ obviously that is easier said than done.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

I very much believe that the solution to most of arena's shittness is "make standard good'........ obviously that is easier said than done.

Simple solution, just add Kam-Rav in its entirety.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DangerDongs posted:

Simple solution, just add Kam-Rav in its entirety.

?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The Shortest Path posted:

This right here is exactly the kind of nonsense I expect from Kamigawa.

I just want to point out the B in the cost and the UG hybrid in the ability. I wonder what lands are gonna be like in this set, since I feel like aside from the MDFC lands mana sorta sucks right now.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Why write "except by creatures with flying or reach" rather than just making them fliers?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

frogs hop

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Why write "except by creatures with flying or reach" rather than just making them fliers?

it's simulating hopping, like a frog
efb

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Toads don't fly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Because they aren't flying, they are just jumping high like a frog. duh

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Cute

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lord_Magmar posted:

I worked out it's probably actually a Hakama not a Robe, which is more "traditionally" Japanese.

You're not wrong but I still think it's a funny idea that Jin-Gitaxias has become a weeb.

Just don't look at the alt art he uses for his islands.

Since body modification is a thing in the set, i wonder phryexian tech is going to be at the heart of it. Gin was the big perfection through augmentation guy, right? Vorinclex was perfection through Survival of the Fittest, Sheoldred sought it through necromancy and Elesh through purification.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 25, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Article up

quote:

Standard:
Hullbreaker

Modern:
DRC
Blood moon

Vintage:
Urza's saga

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Banning Epiphany in standard is good imo. Divide by Zero and Haven I don't think needed it but whatever.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No changes to modern :chaostrump:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is wrong btw

Standard bans are good, the more the better. Monkeyboy is fine in legacy but whatever. I would've liked to see Lurrus go in modern but not crushed.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Is monke not that dominant in Modern or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
LOTS of Alchemy changes:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/alchemy-rebalancing-january-27-2022