Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

oh poo poo, that's Paris Hilton. my guess was Fergie, because I'm too cool to know these things (too busy posting here)

e: that Dan Olson video is 2hrs long, though it seems like it's a deep dive into what's behind NFTs, not just what they are. should be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'd have figured there'd be some kind of rule against using your show to hawk a product you stand to potentially profit from personally, but welp :shrug:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

oh poo poo, that's Paris Hilton. my guess was Fergie, because I'm too cool to know these things (too busy posting here)

e: that Dan Olson video is 2hrs long, though it seems like it's a deep dive into what's behind NFTs, not just what they are. should be good.

It's a good video. Extremely recommended.

I don't know Jimy Fallon, but this looks like the two most uncharismatic people hawking the most stupid poo poo in the most awkward way possible. The laughs and clapping from the audience just accentuates how wrong this feels.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 25, 2022

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

I'd have figured there'd be some kind of rule against using your show to hawk a product you stand to potentially profit from personally, but welp :shrug:

You can't outlaw literally every single program on american television.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I love how it's so quiet you can hear the applause sign.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

"Thanks for joining us, Mr. Spielberg, I'm really looking forward to chatting with you, but first I need to make it clear: please do not mention anything about your latest film, or we'll have to cut it."

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Kingo Ligma posted:

The only thing you need to understand is that Claremont was a huge Weeb / pervert (I repeat myself) with far too little editorial oversight. All those 90s x men comics were written, drawn, read single handedly.

Maybe a few pages too late, but there have been rumors in comics circles forever about Clairemont having a regular thing with a black dominatrix - she'd dress up in a Storm costume and peg him.

It's one of those things that's so perfect it doesn't matter if it's true or not.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

thoughts and prayers posted:

Maybe a few pages too late, but there have been rumors in comics circles forever about Clairemont having a regular thing with a black dominatrix - she'd dress up in a Storm costume and peg him.

It's one of those things that's so perfect it doesn't matter if it's true or not.

Which Storm outfit?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i skipped through that once i realized it was NFT related but only just found out that was Paris Hilton? Really? wtf

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I was sure Paris Hilton had a better head on her shoulders than that.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pham Nuwen posted:

"Thanks for joining us, Mr. Spielberg, I'm really looking forward to chatting with you, but first I need to make it clear: please do not mention anything about your latest film, or we'll have to cut it."

I meant Fallon as host.

I guess you could argue that it's the next logical step in product placement, but it still feels pretty sketchy.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

You know what happens to you when your dominatrix dresses up like Storm and pegs you? The same thing that happens to everyone else.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

reignofevil posted:

I just kind of thought I'd be able to recognize Paris Hilton over 20 seconds of an interview but instead thought it was some new reality tv person I'd never seen before

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

reignofevil posted:

She had it removed in Houee of Wax and it never grew back properly.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Which Storm outfit?

I heard about this in the late 80's, so mohawk biker-girl Storm, presumably.

This was the era when Storm beat Cyclops to become leader of the X-men when she was completely de-powered - so it makes sense. "She's so awesome she doesn't even need super-powers to lead the team!"

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Aardvark! posted:

I just kind of thought I'd be able to recognize Paris Hilton over 20 seconds of an interview but instead thought it was some new reality tv person I'd never seen before

She is looking much more tan than she used to.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I had trouble recognizing Paris Hilton too. Fallon is empty suit entertainment cancer I can't even stand to watch him squirm around. He should have just been a novelty musician or something.

I assume most celebrities doing this are sort of pumping their own NFT assets, or at least trying to. Maybe they got a check or the NFTs were "gifted" to them, I don't know, but hoping more stories like OBJ taking his check in bitcoin (which promptly plummeted) come out because I mostly just hope for small things these days.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’ll never tire of remembering the great Mike Stoklassa quote
“Jimmy Fallon? The only thing he should host is a parasite”

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd hope that the celebrities hawking these NFTs get swindled hard.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Arc Hammer posted:

I'd hope that the celebrities hawking these NFTs get swindled hard.

Nah, the celebrities probably got paid up front, if they're smart.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I love how it's so quiet you can hear the applause sign.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

DaveWoo posted:

Generally speaking the rule is you can't promote something you'll profit from without disclosing it, and even then "disclosure" doesn't have to be explicit just if it's obvious or public information elsewhere.

Caveat: I could be completely wrong here, I most recently saw this in a youtube video about collectible video games so ymmv.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DaveWoo posted:

Nah, the celebrities probably got paid up front, if they're smart.

You lost me at celebrities and "smart"

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
New season of American Dad has started, 10 seconds in and Steve is spanking it to the sounds of monkey orgasms, and all is right with the world.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

pangstrom posted:

I had trouble recognizing Paris Hilton too. Fallon is empty suit entertainment cancer I can't even stand to watch him squirm around. He should have just been a novelty musician or something.

I assume most celebrities doing this are sort of pumping their own NFT assets, or at least trying to. Maybe they got a check or the NFTs were "gifted" to them, I don't know, but hoping more stories like OBJ taking his check in bitcoin (which promptly plummeted) come out because I mostly just hope for small things these days.

he got paid in real money to take his check in scrip as an advertising stunt

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Believing american regulators exist is a classic posting error. They don't, it's the wild west out there folks

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
on the topic of the rock making nothing but lovely movies

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1486012992647057408

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

on the topic of the rock making nothing but lovely movies

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1486012992647057408

Fortnite!?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

animal crossing

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

real guess: gears of war or calladoody

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
master chief

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wait no: Madden biopic

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It's God of War, probably.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDhXE34n_04

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Need for speed underground.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Aardvark! posted:

wait no: Madden biopic

Yeah he says so right in the article. But which Madden? 99? 2002?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

FF7 live action movie. dwayne johnson is cloud.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Mass Effect 3

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

GalGun. Rated R.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

pac man