Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1485665654837596161?s=20

A twofer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

oh no

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Untailored, h&m off the rack suit lookin rear end with a bowtie and dollar store sunglasses lmao

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Those sunglasses are a dumb size for his face

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

hallo spacedog posted:

Those sunglasses are a dumb size for his face

yeah they should cover WAY more of it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Ambitious Spider posted:

I guess minor spoiler, but there's definitely a car chase against motorcycles and a helicopter where Kiryu shoots a whole bunch of dudes in yakuza 0.

It was a rubber helicopter.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Untailored, h&m off the rack suit lookin rear end with a bowtie and dollar store sunglasses lmao
Pre-tied clip-on, too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's still baffling that a guy who wrote a life advice book and then promptly put himself in a beef benzo brain damage coma, still has a job.

Like I have managed to avoid doing that so I am already more qualified to make life decisions than he is.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

It's still baffling that a guy who wrote a life advice book and then promptly put himself in a beef benzo brain damage coma, still has a job.

Like I have managed to avoid doing that so I am already more qualified to make life decisions than he is.

I mean, technically he doesn’t have a job, his university kicked him out of his tenure. He is moving into the alt-right university grift zone though.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Shirec posted:

Kiryu has killed ONE person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc

edit: really, age restricted YouTube?

Kiryu never killed that guy, the bullets did.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
It should be noted that jorp is in constant, terrible pain from his diet, drug addiction and refusal to take medical advice, and often mentions how badly he feels and is doing whenever he's dragged onto some chudosphere podcast or his daughter's youtube show

lmao

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/iNabber69/status/1485995146369978379

:chloe:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All right what in the gently caress, you're telling me NFT apes are now something everyone who watches late-night talk TV just knows about and applauds

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

i have a migraine dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I couldn't finish that, I had to stop when the audience applauded the ugly ape.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If you enjoy Jimmy Fallon your brain is already a little broken.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

why are they clapping what in the world is going on here

are we wrong?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Talk show audiences will clap to anything. When people turned on Ellen clips where she was being really weird to her guests has the audience applauding through the awkwardness

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

So, the ride is not over yet?

*dumps savings into JPEG ticker*

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Data Graham posted:

All right what in the gently caress, you're telling me NFT apes are now something everyone who watches late-night talk TV just knows about and applauds

That was much more a confused "they've presented something I guess we should clap?" kind of clap than excited "I know what that is and am so excited for you!" kind of clap.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
There's a sign that lights up saying "Applause" and the audience is instructed prior to broadcast to do what the sign says.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

that, but also a person in front of the audience instructing to clap, as well as a few of the staff seated amongst the audience itself initiating it.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Every time I see those apes, I am just struck by how loving boring and bad they are. How could anyone possibly think they are desirable or worth money? They could be used as examples for how scarcity or technically being unique doesn’t equate to value

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Scientastic posted:

Every time I see those apes, I am just struck by how loving boring and bad they are. How could anyone possibly think they are desirable or worth money? They could be used as examples for how scarcity or technically being unique doesn’t equate to value

That's the best part about NFTs and crypto in general - nobody is buying because they want an ape (or whatever) and think it's worth the price paid because of rarity, aesthetic appeal, or any actual reason people want to own objects. They buy because they assume they'll eventually sell it for more to some other, dumber sucker, and no one even thinks they'll be the last sucker. It's a massive game of musical chairs played by the dumbest people.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Edit: Wow, already gone! It was some weird "We're up-rezzing photos of Gina Carano, send us in your favorite photos of her for us to up-rez"?
I don't know what's happening here, but I don't like it.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Talk show audiences will clap to anything. When people turned on Ellen clips where she was being really weird to her guests has the audience applauding through the awkwardness

gbut posted:

that, but also a person in front of the audience instructing to clap, as well as a few of the staff seated amongst the audience itself initiating it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGQWs7XzTig

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 19:05 on Jan 25, 2022

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bodnoirbabe posted:

That was much more a confused "they've presented something I guess we should clap?" kind of clap than excited "I know what that is and am so excited for you!" kind of clap.

Oh wow, here's their book! ...no, movie? they drew this? It's... a... fashion print, maybe? This is Paris Hilton, but I'm seeing a monkey picture! Also, she's describing a *different* monkey picture...

gently caress it, APPLAUSE!!!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Paris Hilton getting into NFTs has caused me to lose the small amount of respect I used to have for her for going after those child torture camps as hard as she did.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

If it does or does not help, these folks are probably getting paid in cash to promote NFTs. It's the same as a deal to sell Vitamin Water or shoes that also burn trees down and hasten our climate apocalypse. I'd bet almost none of them are doing it cause they actually are NFT believers.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

That's the best part about NFTs and crypto in general - nobody is buying because they want an ape (or whatever) and think it's worth the price paid because of rarity, aesthetic appeal, or any actual reason people want to own objects. They buy because they assume they'll eventually sell it for more to some other, dumber sucker, and no one even thinks they'll be the last sucker. It's a massive game of musical chairs played by the dumbest people.

Any scarcity or rarity to the nft image swarms are entirely self imposed. Don't they only cost a few hundred dollars to commission the entire set?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scientastic posted:

Why is it just these like ... three classes of thing? Ugly ape, ugly lion, or 5x8 pixel headshot? And then five billion variations on JUST THOSE THEMES?

Infinite uniqueness and variety allowed, nay required, but IT MUST BE AN APE LION OR PIXEL MAN. NO EXCEPTIONS

Like parents deciding to name their kid Caitlyn like everybody else in the hospital ward but to show how creative we are we're going spell OURS "Kaytlynnë"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because the only point of them is to make money and the money is predicated on their arbitrary exchange value and thus new sets try to look like old successful sets in the hope of acquiring value by association.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Data Graham posted:

Why is it just these like ... three classes of thing? Ugly ape, ugly lion, or 5x8 pixel headshot? And then five billion variations on JUST THOSE THEMES?

Infinite uniqueness and variety allowed, nay required, but IT MUST BE AN APE LION OR PIXEL MAN. NO EXCEPTIONS

Like parents deciding to name their kid Caitlyn like everybody else in the hospital ward but to show how creative we are we're going spell OURS "Kaytlynnë"

NFTs work on Dolemite rules, and way down in the jungle deep a digital lion stepped on a pixel monkey's feet.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

gbut posted:

Having been to a few tapings for stuff here in Australia what generally happens is that the hype man before the show gets you to run through a few different types of applause - like building applause, fading applause, soft and loud applause. They also film the shots for the applause then too. Later if the editor thinks the natural reaction for when a joke or what ever was meant to hit they splice in a bit of what they actually wanted.

It's quite possible the whole audience was sitting there in stunned silence and they faked it for TV.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

gbut posted:

Also listen to the applause. It's so weird and confused sounding and stops as soon as it possibly can.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Can you be a professional applauser? Sounds like a good way to build some healthy calluses while your brain melts listening to Jimmy Fallon's mouth noises.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

old bean factory posted:

Can you be a professional applauser? Sounds like a good way to build some healthy calluses while your brain melts listening to Jimmy Fallon's mouth noises.

There are companies out in LA that provide studio audiences, you get like 20 bucks and a cheap free lunch or something like that if you go to one.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

old bean factory posted:

Can you be a professional applauser?
I think they had those in medieval times.

e: Probably in Medieval Times too, come to think of it.

Zero_Grade has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Jan 25, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shirec posted:

If it does or does not help, these folks are probably getting paid in cash to promote NFTs. It's the same as a deal to sell Vitamin Water or shoes that also burn trees down and hasten our climate apocalypse. I'd bet almost none of them are doing it cause they actually are NFT believers.

And almost all of them were specifically gifted their NFT. Like imagine you get done doing a line of blow, someone tells you "here's a dumb jpeg, it's worth a hundred grand. If you say you like it, it's yours for free and will triple in value."
Of course a celebrity is gonna go along with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/JulianLennon/status/1485605624557838336