Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/Kantohttp/status/1485685319122841601

Memento posted:

*clears throat*

Thick cut chips with a layer of cheese, a layer of kebab meat and then topped off with garlic, chili and barbecue sauces. The Halal Snack Pack.

I wanna try that barbecue sauce!

I fuckin' love the fries from Nick the Greek.

Feta cheese, garlic, green onions, spicy yogurt, and gyro meat. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Read After Burning posted:

I wanna try that barbecue sauce!

I fuckin' love the fries from Nick the Greek.

Feta cheese, garlic, green onions, spicy yogurt, and gyro meat. :dance:

I've spoken to a few goons about Halal Snack Packs before, and said "just go to whatever place you know that serves both kebab/doner/gyro meat and fries, and describe it, and they will make you one". There's a Lebanese takeaway in Seattle that apparently has one on their menu now because a goon and their friends kept ordering it.

Those chips there look really good too, I could probably find a place that does something similar and get them to dress them up like that. I love crumbly feta on chips, it works really well.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's a place near me that specializes in loaded fries and they have a shrimp Alfredo fries on the menu that I'm morbidly curious to try.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Can attest to the sheer quality of halal snack packs, they are amazing.

I feel like the strength of fries is that they don't pair badly with much of anything, as long as you work with the fact they're hot. You match it up with anything that's at least warm, and you've got something baseline good.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

HAY GUYZ! I want to be a director
Going back in time to my 6 year old self so I can save chips and gravy

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Mister Speaker posted:

There sort of was one. I was going to bring up donair poutine, certainly a one-up to the traditional poutine when the question is "how viscerally, corpulently disgusting can we make French fries?" but someone already posted that Newfoundland insanity that's about on the same level as a donair poutine.

You can't gently caress with Canada's fry game. The UK may do deep-fried disgust better than anyone, but we're absolutely stupid good at loving you up with things on fries.

In order of goodness:
Poutine
Doner poutine
Donair poutine
Donner poutine

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Silly Newbie posted:

In order of goodness:
Poutine
Doner poutine
Donair poutine
Donner poutine

Where does Blitzen poutine rank?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

There's a Korean place near where I used to live, based out of the back of a loving hair salon, that sells bulgogi fries and that poo poo rules

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Memento posted:

Where does Blitzen poutine rank?

Pretty sure all poutine comes after going out and getting blitzened.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Silly Newbie posted:

In order of goodness:
Poutine
Doner poutine
Donair poutine
Donner poutine

Don't try the Donner party Poutine.

edit: was that the joke you were already making?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Fries need to be crispy.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ponzicar posted:

Don't try the Donner party Poutine.

edit: was that the joke you were already making?
:thejoke:

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

ILL Machina posted:

Fries need to be crispy.

The existence of McDonalds disproves this.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i've never had halal snack pack but i see them advertised around at various local places. one morning i woke up with a very specific high pitched, almost crying-upset toned voice in my head, saying these words:

"this motherfucker said he was coming with halal snack pack!!!!! that is not halal snack pack!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S!! JUST!! CHIPS!!!!!!!"

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i've never had halal snack pack but i see them advertised around at various local places. one morning i woke up with a very specific high pitched, almost crying-upset toned voice in my head, saying these words:

"this motherfucker said he was coming with halal snack pack!!!!! that is not halal snack pack!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S!! JUST!! CHIPS!!!!!!!"

Promising someone an HSP and then giving them a box of chips is one of the lowest acts I can think of.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

:sever:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

I advocate the slow destruction of the said motherfucker

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/kaichoyce/status/1485459601558368256

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/kirawontmiss/status/1485043182899499012?t=VIGHphpHTzBlQgpo1zfqfQ&s=19

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

There's a Korean place near where I used to live, based out of the back of a loving hair salon, that sells bulgogi fries and that poo poo rules

There's a small chain in my city called Banh Mi Boys that does kimchi fries. Fries with pulled pork, spicy BBQ sauce, green onions, kimchi, and I usually get mayo on top. It is insanely indulgent, like you should probably share it so you don't get your entire day's caloric intake from this one side dish, but gently caress it's so good.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Lobok posted:

There's a small chain in my city called Banh Mi Boys that does kimchi fries. Fries with pulled pork, spicy BBQ sauce, green onions, kimchi, and I usually get mayo on top. It is insanely indulgent, like you should probably share it so you don't get your entire day's caloric intake from this one side dish, but gently caress it's so good.

oh man Banh Mi Boys is so dang good. Love their kimchi fries and their calamari banh mi. I don't think they had the tofu bao when I went last time (or I missed it) but that looks amazing

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Lobok posted:

I mean, you can define dinner however you like, noone's going to fight you. You are an adult and you do what you want. Bánh mì can absolutely be dinner in Việt Nam if you want moral support.

I'm saying you should stop with all the food that isn't the bánh mì because that is the extra food that will make you fat.

Side dish btw, jesus - respect the bread or the kebab mens' gonna get you

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/GrumpyGreyhead/status/1485415579443941379

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/trixiemattel/status/1485780732412764165

https://twitter.com/hereisbosco/status/1485699379163926528

Season 2 of The Righteous Gemstones is airing right now, and this totally looks like something that could be in the show.

Lobok posted:

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I mean, you can define dinner however you like, noone's going to fight you. You are an adult and you do what you want. Bánh mì can absolutely be dinner in Việt Nam if you want moral support.

I'm saying you should stop with all the food that isn't the bánh mì because that is the extra food that will make you fat.

A tofu banh mi is hands-down, number one with a bullet, my favorite food. Yes, my favorite food is a specific type of sandwich. :colbert:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Side dish btw, jesus - respect the bread or the kebab mens' gonna get you

Not sure if I'm reading you wrong or you're reading me wrong but I was saying the kimchi fries seem like a side, not the banh mi (or the steamed baos, which is what I usually order). Calorie-wise it is a full meal but it doesn't seem like it when scarfing them down.

It's like the chocolate chip cookie from Le Gourmand about a block away (if it's the Queen & Spadina location). Just a single cookie from there is like eating a Big Mac.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Apparently Pat Sajak as a Twitter account and he has a killer dad joke game.

https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1485675366605893640?s=20

https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1481392340627509252?s=20

https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1481343270588456962?s=20

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Lobok posted:

Not sure if I'm reading you wrong or you're reading me wrong but I was saying the kimchi fries seem like a side, not the banh mi (or the steamed baos, which is what I usually order). Calorie-wise it is a full meal but it doesn't seem like it when scarfing them down.

It's like the chocolate chip cookie from Le Gourmand about a block away (if it's the Queen & Spadina location). Just a single cookie from there is like eating a Big Mac.

Ah.
No it's me, I'm the dumb one. I'm also very hungry now

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Christians are used to puting Jesus in their mouths every sunday.

Edit: The President Elect of Chile jumps in the Swift/Albarn diplomatic emergency:
https://twitter.com/gabrielboric/status/1485779475358834691

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Skutter posted:

Apparently Pat Sajak as a Twitter account and he has a killer dad joke game.

He's also a major Trump supporter and I believe an antivaxxer.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Vincent posted:

Christians are used to puting Jesus in their mouths every sunday.

Typical bunch of crackers.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Still can't believe a music person would not be cheering on industry comrades. That isn't very "woo hoo" at all.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/byron_queen/status/1485821905173204992?s=21

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I have no opinion whatsoever about Taylor Swift, but there are six songwriters on her latest album so I'm going to continue respecting Damon Albarn.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Seaniqua posted:

I have no opinion whatsoever about Taylor Swift, but there are six songwriters on her latest album so I'm going to continue respecting Damon Albarn.

she collaborates a ton with other artists and you've got to give them songwriting credit. likewise, she writes songs for other bands. albarn should know this, he's probably just having a cranky old man moment

there's some valid avenues to criticize taylor swift, like the fact that its easier to become a young musical phenomenon if you're born to wealthy and supportive parents removing obstacles for you until you make it. but saying she doesn't write her own songs is a completely invalid criticism, she's hugely prolific as a songwriter. apparently he realized he stepped in it because he's already walked it back a lot, there was a gross miscalculation on his part of clout levels here

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I would love it if this somehow results in a Gorillaz/T-Swift collaboration. Not because I think it would be any good (though who knows), but because such an absurd thing coming into existence would surprise and delight me.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

she collaborates a ton with other artists and you've got to give them songwriting credit. likewise, she writes songs for other bands. albarn should know this, he's probably just having a cranky old man moment
maybe he mistook Taylor for his ex Justine Frischmann from Elastica

It was rumored that Albarn wrote Elastica's big hit "Connection" because he was dating Frischmann at the time. (Although in hind-sight it seems more likely that was started by misogynists angry at the success of an all-female band)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seaniqua posted:

Gorillaz debut album has more than that. Clint Eastwood alone has 3.

Hell, the 2 extra songs on the US release have 6 between them.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Seaniqua posted:

Nah, I really like a lot of Albarns work, but he definitely came across as a foolish old man in this.
He said Swift was not a real songwriter, because she is sometimes has co-writer, while holding Billy Eilish up as better, even though she co-writes with her brother most of the time.
Then when he was criticised, his apology was basically, " I was misquoted for clickbait!" except the literal transcript of the interview was released and he said the dumb thing he said.
He's allowed like Eilish's work more than Swift's, but his reasoning was stupid and wrong.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/StuartHumphryes/status/1486079437837897729?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

minato posted:

maybe he mistook Taylor for his ex Justine Frischmann from Elastica

Well, she never put the secateurs back in the shed. :colbert: