Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Robo Reagan posted:

hmm what would upset these people about elba? hes got the accent, suaveness, and charisma to be a really good bond. what issue with him specifically could people have?

He's also a House music producer, DJ, and can rap in a bunch of different styles, and has been DJing and releasing music for a long time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyQH0ovSQjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFDaWJUzkm0

He tried an amateur kickboxing match, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Vo7NkCEls

Despite having talents across multiple entertainment sectors, there hasn't been much/any? negative press about him. I think the obvious answer is that Jorp is just jealous Edris can rap like a Jamaican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

PITY BONER posted:

He's also a House music producer, DJ, and can rap in a bunch of different styles, and has been DJing and releasing music for a long time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyQH0ovSQjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFDaWJUzkm0

He tried an amateur kickboxing match, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Vo7NkCEls

Despite having talents across multiple entertainment sectors, there hasn't been much/any? negative press about him. I think the obvious answer is that Jorp is just jealous Edris can rap like a Jamaican.

Holy poo poo Elba really is having the best life, isn't he?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

ROFLburger posted:

james bond just plain stinks anyway

Perhaps you will enjoy the podcast Kill James Bond for ripping apart each movie

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The only real problem with Idris is that he's almost 50 and would be starting our around the age some other Bonds retire.

Otherwise he's a great choice.

This was what I said to my nephew when he asked me about Elba being Bond, and even saying that made me feel like I was Jorp-ilk adjacent and I didn't like that. But the more I think on it, I would love to see Elba's take on the character.

I remember when Brosnan was cast, he said early 40s was perfect for Bond - young enough to be athletic, experienced enough to know some poo poo. Hell, Roger Moore was in his early 50s when he thought of bowing out after For Your Eyes Only, but went on to make two more.

But, really, 007 is a silly franchise, let Elba have a go. Pump out three movies in three years so we can have a complete count of times each actor was in an official Bond movie (Never Say Never Again don't count!):

Lazenby, 1
Dalton, 2
???, 3
Brosnan, 4
Craig, 5
Connery, 6
Moore, 7

gently caress me there's been a lot of Bond movies.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Live and Let Die is still the best

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

ROFLburger posted:

james bond just plain stinks anyway

James Bond's Intelligence Service - Stops terrorism because it's evil, kills creepy weirdos to protect civilians, personally uses cool gadgets to hack into the mainframe and extract evidence of hidden war crimes

Actual UK Intelligence Services - lets terrorism happen to increase their budget and powers, kills civilians to protect nonces, pays private Israeli contractor to hack journalist's iphones to intimidate or blackmail them into silence after they report on war crimes

Poohs Packin posted:

L&LD was utterly insane, in a good way. Watching the outtakes of the croc scene though :stonklol:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Date night!

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1485665654837596161?s=21

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Jorp dressed like he's going to prom on Everest.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

going to crash the prom at Evergreen but doesn't realize American colleges do not have proms

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

The glasses must come in handy when you unexpectedly slip into a meat coma for a few minutes

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Poohs Packin posted:

Never watch that movie if you like old Cessnas.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm not exactly fashionable, but I can say that any time you wear shades that are slightly too small for your head, they make your head look like an inflating balloon bound by a pair of strap shades.

More importantly, he doesn't appear to be wearing a belt or suspenders. I bet he actually does have slippers on, too.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

this man definitely cannot poo poo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

it's better than when he dressed to go to prom on reddit

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

When you have to wear sunglasses with your dinner suit because you've taken too much Rohypnol and your eyes are pointing in different directions

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

If this jackass contracts covid and is knocked on his rear end for it (did he get vaccinated?), I gotta wonder about how he'll act then.

Well, I don't have to wonder, really; he's gonna play it down even if he ends up on his deathbed from it. Guy will earn a Herman Cain award, easily.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

He looks like he's dead.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If this jackass contracts covid and is knocked on his rear end for it (did he get vaccinated?), I gotta wonder about how he'll act then.

Well, I don't have to wonder, really; he's gonna play it down even if he ends up on his deathbed from it. Guy will earn a Herman Cain award, easily.

He's already had it I think.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'll just leave this here.

https://twitter.com/thebadstats/status/1486103450446303234?t=-GBBjn3j-wP0BJ8Ff2BC5w&s=19

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Fuckin' clownshoes, bud. Guy's a total pylon, intellectually.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i didn't know he was familiar enough with greek philosophy to apply zeno's paradoxes to the concept of climate change.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
Pure “dumb guy’s idea of a smart guy” energy. 5 stars.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

was just about to post this

so instead i'll post this:

https://twitter.com/HarrisonBerman/status/1486129202080456707

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

lmao jorp is def back on benzos

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

one of the weirder entries on jorp's resume is that apparently he did some poo poo for some guy who worked at the UN on the subject of climate change. he bragged about allegedly reading "two hundred" books on the subject, but never had any formal education. he has a B.A. in poli sci, and his graduate degrees in psychology. why would anyone enlist this nitwit to help them research climate change?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

jorp and his daughter admitted in their The Times interview after he emerged from rehab last year that he was still taking the xans

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:stare:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
me and lorenzo rollin' on the benzos

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
You see, the thing I don't like about climate change is that I have defined it as something that's obviously ridiculous. My definition has no bearing on reality, or climate change, but heh what's the deal with these liberals not knowing literally everything. Oh what the numbers on the graph are going up historically? I don't give a poo poo, you don't know EVERYTHING yet you CLAIM to!

Who's he even talking to? Who's he arguing with? Even Joe Rogaine is like what the gently caress are you talking about (politely)

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

kntfkr posted:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
My ecology professors woulda eaten him for fuckin’ lunch with lovely points like that

It always tickles me how these old fucks will never have a discussion with someone fully prepared to argue with them. I got dragged to a chemist focused discussion dinner party once and one guy tried to argue that the reason we can feed people in these global amounts is because co2 has increased, and I tried to argue that was basically entirely down to crop scientists and specifically Norman borlaug’s work on breeding better crops, but couldn’t remember Norman’s name at a critical moment. :negative:

It allowed the smug old fart to go “hm, well, I don’t know who you mean” and dismiss me. But I was also a 25 year old entry level chemistry tech. An ecologist with decades of field work would hit jorp’s specious argument with a truck.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/AlexPattyy/status/1486108847412588553

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Have neither of those chumps ever seen the original Shaft movie when the white detective holds a black pen up against Shaft's face and says, "You're not so black," and so Shaft holds a white coffee mug against the detective's face and says, "And you're not so white," and they giggle in friendship?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

kntfkr posted:

The worst Paul Simon song.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The worst Paul Simon song.

never trust a guy with two first names

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Trying to twist the words of a bizarre strawman no one would even say because it's already so profoundly stupid is some next level dunning kruger

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
haha wow they defeated racism because black people aren't literal voids of light, instead absorbing all radiation and emitting none

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

rotinaj posted:

It always tickles me how these old fucks will never have a discussion with someone fully prepared to argue with them.

I mean, Jorp actually did do that once.

And he got dragged so hard he went into a coma for a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Another Bill posted:

never trust a guy with two first names