Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

It turns out there's a limit to how many ingredients you can put in the alchemy desk in Uvirith's Legacy and it's somewhere around 20,000 eyeballing my inventory. TIME TO FLOOD MORROWIND WITH AMAZING POTIONS OF poo poo NO ONE WOULD EVER WANT like 440 seconds of restore 900 luck

It is a weight limit, not a item count limit. Get rid of your hundreds of scrap metal that you will never use and you should be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bloodmoon feels a bit like a slightly awkward transition between the alieness of Morrowind and the more realistic tone of Oblivion. Like instead of dinosaurs, bugs, and giant mushrooms there's just normal animals and pine trees aside. The strangest thing you encounter, aside from the Grahl, is the horkers and they're just wonky walruses.

Like they wanted to test the waters before fully committing to Cyrodiil just being Fantasy France.

Isn't there a character in Bloodmoon that can see the future and if you speak to them after the mainquest they vaguely mention the imminent Deadric invasion?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Bloodmoon feels a bit like a slightly awkward transition between the alieness of Morrowind and the more realistic tone of Oblivion. Like instead of dinosaurs, bugs, and giant mushrooms there's just normal animals and pine trees aside. The strangest thing you encounter, aside from the Grahl, is the horkers and they're just wonky walruses.

Like they wanted to test the waters before fully committing to Cyrodiil just being Fantasy France.

Isn't there a character in Bloodmoon that can see the future and if you speak to them after the mainquest they vaguely mention the imminent Deadric invasion?

The thing I hate most about both Oblivion and Skyrim is that they have normal animals and normal food. Morrowind had bread, and aside from that I'm pretty sure every single animal you met and every single plant/ingredient you could collect was something you can't find in the real world.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

FreudianSlippers posted:

Eno Romari, in Mournhold.

edit:

Skwirl posted:

The thing I hate most about both Oblivion and Skyrim is that they have normal animals and normal food. Morrowind had bread, and aside from that I'm pretty sure every single animal you met and every single plant/ingredient you could collect was something you can't find in the real world.

Diamonds?
But yeah, you're right. They never say what the bread is made of, do they? The only things you get that're normal are stuff like iron, steel, diamonds, rubies. The ecology, the lifecycle, is all alien.

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 25, 2022

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Its been a long time since I played Tribunal but I have a lot of memories from it. Filling up the artifact museum and also stealing that heavy rear end hammer and trying to figure out how to carry it, the bosmer who asks for money and fights you, tracking down the dark brotherhood and exterminating them, almalexias weather machine, the play you can take part in, drat the more i think about it the more i remember enjoying it a lot. i remember fighting goblins but i dont remember it being a problem, i do remember i had a pretty badass character. Honestly tribunal is pretty sweet.

same thing with bloodmoon, been a long rear end tiime since i played it and i have a lot of memorable experiences with it. i do remember thinking it was kinda weird this snowy island was so close to what i assumed was a very hot volcano island tho.

e; thanks for the trip down memory lane thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vavrek posted:

But yeah, you're right. They never say what the bread is made of, do they? The only things you get that're normal are stuff like iron, steel, diamonds, rubies. The ecology, the lifecycle, is all alien.

i think they say it's saltrice flour somewhere, but i don't know where i got that from

e: it's in The Alchemists Formulary

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Skwirl posted:

hackle-lo leaves are real and are my friends

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Gelir the Mumbling:

quote:

the skull of Oddfrid White-Lip is speaking to me, telling me your future. She says...she says you have accomplished much here on Solstheim, and your future is unclear. But wait! She sees something else. Something very cloudy, something that could affect us all. When the dragon dies, the Empire dies. Where is the lost dragon's blood, the Empire's sire? And from the womb of the void, who shall stem the blood tide? I...I do not know what this means. It is very unclear...."

Fun fact: the lines of the prophecy were used as part of a countdown to Oblivion's announcement on the official ES site, remember when developers did stuff like that

Also lol at him being like "this is very unclear". Lot of mercury in the Solstheim freshwater huh

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mbt posted:

A fully voiced santa claus

Honestly that guy was hysterical and gave me good loot after I cleaved him in half with a daedric dai katana. So 10/10 encounter.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rahu posted:

It is a weight limit, not a item count limit. Get rid of your hundreds of scrap metal that you will never use and you should be great.

you say that but i only had 50 scrap metal and north of 1000 saltrice and wickwheat. i had a couple fuckin granaries jammed in there of stuff.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

doesn't 50 scrap metal weigh the same as 1000 saltrice

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

if you want to be real nitpicky here's what i pulled out in two screenshots (not all of my alchemy ingredients are recognized by the desk, probably stuff from Wares or TR)

i used up everything except what i generally get asked for by quests: daedra parts, precious gems, scrap metal, raw ore, dusts and salts.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I’m going to make a confession: when I first played this game as a young teenager I didn’t realize saltrice was salt-rice. I read it as sal-trice, like poultrice, and was very confused by everything about it. It took years before I figured it out.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Cantorsdust posted:

I’m going to make a confession: when I first played this game as a young teenager I didn’t realize saltrice was salt-rice. I read it as sal-trice, like poultrice, and was very confused by everything about it. It took years before I figured it out.

It took this very thread and somebody being snarky about it for me to see the truth, as well.

It was like Beartato all over again.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Cantorsdust posted:

saltrice was salt-rice.

Wait what? To this day i've thought of it as sal-trice

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Everything with restore fatigue as a first effect is food :shrug:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Another sal-trice goon here.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Tribunal was also sort of a proto-Oblivion. Mournhold was like the blueprint for Oblivion cities where they were separate areas. You even had levitation forbidden in the city.

Morrowind was really the odd one out in the series though in terms of the alien world. Oblivion featuring temperate forests, plain animals, and generic fantasy stuff like goblins was very much in line with Arena and Daggerfall.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I haven't ever finished either expansion but with the rebalance mods and mort's sotha sil expanded version, and the newer updated version of the Tomb of the Snow Prince mod I'm hoping this character will be the one that finishes either or both. I've installed tamriel rebuilt every time I've played the last few characters but never even touched it, I think that will just need to be a character that starts in one of the new areas instead of doing the vanilla lands for a while at least.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mr E posted:

I think that will just need to be a character that starts in one of the new areas instead of doing the vanilla lands for a while at least.

been saying this

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Use proportional progression to cut xp gain and you'll need to poke into Tamriel Rebuilt to keep levelling, that's how I've been doing it. just make it impossible for yourself to reach high level and enjoy the mid game forever!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

It’s sal-trice to me, with “trice” being pronounced “triss” or “treece.” I’ll never call it Salt Rice.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rahu posted:

This comment makes a lot more sense after one of the Edwinna Elbert quests in Rise of House Telvanni dumped literally 50 scrap metal in my bags tonight.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Proletarian Mango posted:

i do remember thinking it was kinda weird this snowy island was so close to what i assumed was a very hot volcano island tho.

I always imagined Vvardenfell as quite cool or even chilly. It’s one of the most northern parts of one of the most northern provinces. Sheogorad at the least is gonna be cold. Hell it’s even full of Nords! I figure that only the Ascadian Isles and Bitter Coast are really “warm” barring standing next to lava pits in Molag Mar.

Though I love Solstheim it really is just a completely different game. Even putting aside the flora and fauna. It’s has no connections with any of the characters, culture/society/politics, metaphysics, or plotlines. You might as well be playing a different character than the Nerevarine.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

mbt posted:

been saying this

You could play a Nord that starts in Dragon Fel, which is both very Nordly and probably under explored, and the moves over to Solsthiem after you've gained a few early levels.

Edit:

Here's a dumb question:

Can anyone tell me who the highest level commoner is? Here's all 150+ of them but I don't know if someone can view this information differently, maybe I'd need to re download the construction set.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Morrowind-Commoner

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 26, 2022

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
You could try tweeting at them, some lore nerd's gonna know

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Maybe go by town and look at the people list? Might be more manageable

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why do you need this info

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jay Rust posted:

Why do you need this info

So I can make a commoner that goes around and challenges other commoners to fist fights until I'm the champion.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The hetman at ald velothi is the highest i've seen ao far at level 7. Probably a higher level one in tribunal though

E: Hurg in dagon fel is level 8

Ee: dagon fel is full of swole peasants! Fjorrod is level 10

Eee: Kirsty in tel mora at level 11...

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 26, 2022

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

So I can make a commoner that goes around and challenges other commoners to fist fights until I'm the champion.

I clicked the links on that page for you and discovered Dro'Shavir in Caldera is the Ultimate Commoner at level 14. Go get 'em!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

galagazombie posted:

I always imagined Vvardenfell as quite cool or even chilly. It’s one of the most northern parts of one of the most northern provinces. Sheogorad at the least is gonna be cold. Hell it’s even full of Nords! I figure that only the Ascadian Isles and Bitter Coast are really “warm” barring standing next to lava pits in Molag Mar.

Vvardenfell is the Iceland of Tamriel

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thetedster posted:

I clicked the links on that page for you and discovered Dro'Shavir in Caldera is the Ultimate Commoner at level 14. Go get 'em!

Only one can be... THE COMMONEST

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Asterite34 posted:

Vvardenfell is the Iceland of Tamriel

I mean one is a isolated volcanic backwater island with horrible weather that's mostly unhabitable wasteland full of cruel ancestor worshipping racists that eat things that are vile to all others and the other is the setting of the 2002 CRPG game The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

I mean one is a isolated volcanic backwater island with horrible weather that's mostly unhabitable wasteland full of cruel ancestor worshipping racists that eat things that are vile to all others and the other is the setting of the 2002 CRPG game The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Lol :discourse: that's a good one.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Is the inside of ghost gate cold or hot, do you think

It would be really cool and really difficult and possibly pointless to have a mod that does weather and maybe even does stuff like snow drifts somehow

Cause you could even do things like have ash drifts, or water levels in rivers that change or other crazy interesting stuff.

I should go back and try rewriting my containers mod again, I think my problem was that I was keeping track of references wrong. If I can make that work then it'll be worth bullshitting about fantasy mods

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Any analysis of the climate of Tamriel has to contend with the fact that there is no sun and the universe is geocentric. All weather is almost certainly actually because, "A God did it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Is the inside of ghost gate cold or hot, do you think

moist