Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ironsword has good music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

So does the tin follin intro to wheel of fortune or w/e but that diesnt mean u should play that either

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
no one can stop me from playing nes wheel of fortune

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

Get his rear end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

either nes wheel of fortune or zelda 1 was the first game I ever played, I usually tell people zelda 1 but I don't really remember. I played both games heavily

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the snes wheel of fortune theme always cracked me up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-52QjeZdag

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mysterious loyall X posted:

So does the tin follin intro to wheel of fortune or w/e but that diesnt mean u should play that either

Barry "God" Leitch did the music for that, thats why

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

Someone with a gun probably could

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Someone with a gun probably could

not likely, imp zone is conceal carry

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
you know what would be fun. like a twitch plays nes wheel of fortune where you can enter a raffle as a viewer to become a contestant and control the game via chat commands. and just leave it running for like 24 hours once a week. and the rom could be hacked to plug in new puzzles every week. i thought about all this in the shower just now

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

trying to jack off posted:

Lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mycophobia posted:

you know what would be fun. like a twitch plays nes wheel of fortune where you can enter a raffle as a viewer to become a contestant and control the game via chat commands. and just leave it running for like 24 hours once a week. and the rom could be hacked to plug in new puzzles every week. i thought about all this in the shower just now

okay, you program it all to do that and i'll host it on twitch and make the website

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

okay, you program it all to do that and i'll host it on twitch and make the website

ive been thinking about how to put it all together. but ultimately im probably too lazy to do it

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
i looked at how to edit text in an nes rom for 20 seconds and realized its way more work than its worth

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[panicked] we need a neck beard

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

That Little Demon posted:

i looked at how to edit text in an nes rom for 20 seconds and realized its way more work than its worth

activating the UaN bat signal overnight and waking up to the entire Windows font library installed

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hacking the rom is probably the least laborious part of all of it tbh

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

do it with jeapordy! instead

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

seasonal affective disorder wheel of fortune theme song

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

banjo kazooie. other than that the game was made ny a crack team of perverts to get kids in the epstien youth its good. last boss is a pain in the rear end though

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My cousin's copy of Wheel of Fortune NES was jet black instead of the classic grey. I thought nothing of it until I powered it on and heard the theme song. It was hacked and downtuned by at least 40%. Ever since then I freak out like rainman whenever I hear it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My cousin's copy of Wheel of Fortune NES was jet black instead of the classic grey. I thought nothing of it until I powered it on and heard the theme song. It was hacked and downtuned by at least 40%. Ever since then I freak out like rainman whenever I hear it.

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

3. Wizards and Warriors
Actually kind of fun after getting used to it. and getting past the first level. Infinite continues helps a lot since you never lose anything whatsoever except having to restart a boss fight. It enabled my snes-raised rear end to get through it just by running into everything and dying repeatedly instead of having to learn anything like in most nes games. 1/10

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hyper Realistic SNES Pat Sajak annunciating "O.J. Simpson" perfectly.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hyper Realistic SNES Pat Sajak annunciating "O.J. Simpson" perfectly.

lmao

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Unavowed. I liked it

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Death's Door (true ending)

Pretty mixed feelings but I ended up liking it a lot. Combat was really frustrating, sometimes in a cool challenging way but sometimes it just felt obnoxious and lovely. But it was really satisfying to explore the areas and collect stuff, and the way it starts to guide you towards completing everything is really cool. The art and graphics were really great, and a lot of the music was really nice. When they weren't trying to be funny the writing was nice but idk too much of it was wacky meme "go clap that boss's cheeks" stuff and it never really made me laugh despite being full of jokes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rad Racer
this is very, very obviously Square telling their Iranian 3D guy to make a console version of Outrun that works in 3D. it's so similar to Outrun that it's easiest to describe the differences:
1) it's easier. you can (and should) slow down a lot more to avoid crashes, even slamming on the brakes and still get to the finish line in all except the last two stages. also, after beating a level, it stops and goes to a map screen, so your failures don't follow you. finally, when you run out of time, your car just starts to slow from its speed until it reaches 0, giving you more time to get to finish line. you can safely crash like once a checkpoint and still reach your destination in like 80 percent of the game.
2) 3D, for those with the glasses who aren't stereoblind, can be turned on.

one irritating thing: the music switcher is down on the DPad and it's very easy to hit by mistake, so i ended up hearing the first 30 seconds the game's two songs like a million times. the "turn coming up" signs are also a little harder to see than in Outrun.

i learned a little about Nasir since Square's first two games were basically just to show off what he could do with 3D. interesting guy. after this, he also worked on the first 3 final fantasy games (he did the secret puzzle mini game for ff1) and secret of mana, at which point he had enough money from royalties to retire, at the age of 36, and travel the world.

next up: Zanac

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

i learned a little about Nasir since Square's first two games were basically just to show off what he could do with 3D. interesting guy. after this, he also worked on the first 3 final fantasy games (he did the secret puzzle mini game for ff1) and secret of mana, at which point he had enough money from royalties to retire, at the age of 36, and travel the world.

motherfucker...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Planescape Torment

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

next up: Zanac

Supposedly he was an Apple IIe legend too before that, even Richard Garriott was impressed by him and Garriott's only ever really been impressed by himself.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
4. Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (Master, All Combat Upgrades, All Droid-Jak Upgrades)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

4. Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (Master, All Combat Upgrades, All Droid-Jak Upgrades)

Congratulations on jacking all the droids.