Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

CuddleCryptid posted:

This really is the lamest poo poo I've ever seen.

E. Oh my God the white text is actually on the shirt too, these people try to drink concrete through a straw.

loving seriously? I didn't want to click on it and give teepublic the hit, I've been seeing a lot of 'let's go' shirts from them over the past couple of months so they're on my no buy list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Brawnfire posted:

At a distance, it would say "no sex causes bad eyes"

I'm having serious problems reading this

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Electric_Mud posted:

loving seriously? I didn't want to click on it and give teepublic the hit, I've been seeing a lot of 'let's go' shirts from them over the past couple of months so they're on my no buy list.

It's in the item description so I assume it's written on there. TeePublic just prints jpgs on cloth, so they wouldn't alter it for the description.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I was curious about "Meme Policeman" so I looked at their Twitter and their profile says "to protect and serve against false and misleading memes. I immediately knew when I saw it that they only care about attacking left wing positions, and that there wouldn't be any right wing memes called out on their timeline. I didn't spend too long scrolling but I saw enough that I feel justified in saying I was correct. I'm sure if you called them out on it they'd just say "Well yeah there are false and misleading right wing memes too but left wing ones are worse so we focus on them more."

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Figures a cop would be a reactionary

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm starting to think the point of the meme was that a stadium full of people requires X space, but when you let them bring their cars it includes X+aLot of space, and not that Stadiums have to be built with parking lots...

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was curious about "Meme Policeman" so I looked at their Twitter and their profile says "to protect and serve against false and misleading memes. I immediately knew when I saw it that they only care about attacking left wing positions, and that there wouldn't be any right wing memes called out on their timeline. I didn't spend too long scrolling but I saw enough that I feel justified in saying I was correct. I'm sure if you called them out on it they'd just say "Well yeah there are false and misleading right wing memes too but left wing ones are worse so we focus on them more."

Blackcrime.jpg is totally NOT false or misleading

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

Figures a cop would be a reactionary

They're also libertarians and shill bitcoin so, you know. Just a bunch of real shitheads all around.

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm starting to think the point of the meme was that a stadium full of people requires X space, but when you let them bring their cars it includes X+aLot of space, and not that Stadiums have to be built with parking lots...

Actually I think you'll find that since garages are not the biggest part of a house, that cars require very little space and therefore logically stadiums are actually bigger than parking lots/garages, checkmate progressives.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

"Gas prices are really high in America because Biden forced the new green deal on us so True Patriots have no choice but to rise up and fight for our rights. He's using that to call us insurrectionists and declare martial law, it's all part of his globalist agenda."

- My Batshit Boss, 5 minutes ago.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Ah yes, the green new deal that......isnt law or even an executive order. Ope.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

He's real loving stupid. He's so bad at life that he's no longer allowed to tell anyone what to do so he's just riding out the contract listening to Trump rallies at max volume in his office.

He doesn't talk about where he knows I can hear, because I shut him down hard when he does. One time he started crying because I kept asking him to prove Obama had a secret UN army waiting to overthrow Trump.

Another coworker and I had to talk him back from the Flat Earth ledge a while back. I simply cannot overstate how stupid and credulous he is.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Twelve by Pies posted:

The Meme Policeman primarily fixates on The Other 98% Facebook group's memes. I assume that's a pretty big leftist Facebook group and I bet he got so salty having to see their memes all over Facebook he decided to clap back by correcting them.

Here's some more highlights for people:
https://twitter.com/PolicemanMeme/status/1479464946547052545?t=5mxORmK5-Kg7qrYGB5mk7A&s=19

https://twitter.com/PolicemanMeme/status/1475577754749911042?t=HHdu6hXG99hpbzs8iQsm5w&s=19

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s necessary so I can get a bump in pay without having to wait a decade for the market to be in the employees hands instead of the employers dickshit.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Panfilo posted:

The Meme Policeman primarily fixates on The Other 98% Facebook group's memes. I assume that's a pretty big leftist Facebook group and I bet he got so salty having to see their memes all over Facebook he decided to clap back by correcting them.

Here's some more highlights for people:
https://twitter.com/PolicemanMeme/status/1479464946547052545?t=5mxORmK5-Kg7qrYGB5mk7A&s=19

https://twitter.com/PolicemanMeme/status/1475577754749911042?t=HHdu6hXG99hpbzs8iQsm5w&s=19

Besides, it's not like they'd LIE about their hiring wage. That would be horrendous!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s necessary so I can get a bump in pay without having to wait a decade for the market to be in the employees hands instead of the employers dickshit.

If you tell him this he'll just point out that only about 1.1% of employees earn the federal minimum wage.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

That meme policeman idiot reminds me, whatever happened to the Racism Detecting Dog twitter?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Still barking

https://twitter.com/RacismDog/status/1485714639543488522

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I guess? That one seems like a stretch since every goddamned thing is some sort of ape now.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Twelve by Pies posted:

If 100% of all cops are bastards, volunteer cops start at 200% and go up from there

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Panfilo posted:

If you tell him this he'll just point out that only about 1.1% of employees earn the federal minimum wage.

Ah yeah the old "Pay a worker 7.50 instead of 7.25 so you can say you're paying higher than the minimum wage" trick that businesses have been using for years to manipulate people into thinking that minimum wage laws are outdated and unnecessary, and there's no need to raise it, in fact we should just get rid of it. And it works too, as proven by that dipshit.

That's not even taking into account that minimum wage should be higher than 16 dollars an hour just adjusting for inflation anyway, even ignoring the high inflation we've had the past few months.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Anyone who uses the "only affects 1% of the workforce so is useless and changes nothing" argument inevitably also claims minimum wage will cause runaway inflation somehow

It is impossible to ever get them to understand it can't do both

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ah yeah the old "Pay a worker 7.50 instead of 7.25 so you can say you're paying higher than the minimum wage" trick that businesses have been using for years to manipulate people into thinking that minimum wage laws are outdated and unnecessary, and there's no need to raise it, in fact we should just get rid of it. And it works too, as proven by that dipshit.

That's not even taking into account that minimum wage should be higher than 16 dollars an hour just adjusting for inflation anyway, even ignoring the high inflation we've had the past few months.

Hurr, but you see, if we increase minimum wage, then the businesses will just raise their prices to offset the money they lose in wages.
Clearly this is the fault of the workers and I am very smart.

e:fb

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

VitalSigns posted:

Anyone who uses the "only affects 1% of the workforce so is useless and changes nothing" argument inevitably also claims minimum wage will cause runaway inflation somehow

It is impossible to ever get them to understand it can't do both

It’s completely impossible to understand anything, or draw conclusions, unless it’s along the line of “you should be happy to suffer so that somehwere one person can have More”

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Oh no Biden moved the gas price lever the wrong way. Also yet another example of conservatives identifying with the villain of the movie.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Remember when gas was $4+/gallon in 2004 under Bush 2? I do.

And yes I know the president doesn't control gas prices but if these morons think that's the case then they should be reminded of when it happened under Bush but worse

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That was because of Al-Qaeda!

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

They've completely eliminated Bush 2 from memory so bringing it up probably wouldn't do anything.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
remember when that protag of that movie killed a nazi and killed a 1% while ranting the golf course should be a park.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I like the signs that's say "Biden gave people too much money and so no one wants to work" without realizing extended unemployment was signed into law by none other than lifelong democrat: Donald trump

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Remember when gas was $4+/gallon in 2004 under Bush 2? I do.

And yes I know the president doesn't control gas prices but if these morons think that's the case then they should be reminded of when it happened under Bush but worse

No, you see, when Economy or Gas numbers are bad while one of their guys is in office, it's because the last Dem president gave them a lovely Number and they're still working on fixing it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Twelve by Pies posted:

It would be simple enough to prove this by looking at median wage though, right? If they are pulling that trick to make the number of minimum wage earners look disproportionately low we could just extrapolate our criteria to the % of workers making within, say, $1 of minimum wage yes? How much will the % jump if you expanded the criteria a bit?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I've seen things in the past that look at how many people get affected by any given minwage hike and IIRC it's in the mid teens to twenties of percentage of all workers. Unsurprisingly those close to the new minimum are often upset because of Crab Bucket.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

borkencode posted:

Oh no Biden moved the gas price lever the wrong way. Also yet another example of conservatives identifying with the villain of the movie.

Maybe it's appropriate. This is the face of someone who's been left behind by society, unable to meaningfully contribute or understand the world around them.

They've just been told that high gas prices often accompany economic expansion, and their world is shattering in front of their eyes.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

CuddleCryptid posted:

I guess? That one seems like a stretch since every goddamned thing is some sort of ape now.

Please please please please don’t give John Terry the benefit of the doubt.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Yeah, John Terry is a racist even by Chelsea standards, and Chelsea are the side that went over to Hungary to play Viktor Orban's favourite team and got in trouble for antisemitism.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

ozmunkeh posted:

Please please please please don’t give John Terry the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not familiar with the person so yeah its probably unfair to give him the benefit of the doubt, I just meant it in the sense of we're in the middle of an NFT apocalypse. Doesn't mean that the dude can't be a dipshit

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

borkencode posted:

Isn't this literally true though? Or am I remembering my freshmen Econ 101 course wrong? Something along the lines of "gas is more expensive because oil is in higher demand, meaning more business poo poo is happening, etc."

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Grimdude posted:

Isn't this literally true though? Or am I remembering my freshmen Econ 101 course wrong? Something along the lines of "gas is more expensive because oil is in higher demand, meaning more business poo poo is happening, etc."

"the economy" is when I percieve that I have more money, regardless of whether anything is true

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dubar posted:

"the economy" is when I percieve that I have more money, regardless of whether anything is true

There's also a side of "my boss tells me if the economy is good or bad."
At least with the idiots I work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm not familiar with the person so yeah its probably unfair to give him the benefit of the doubt, I just meant it in the sense of we're in the middle of an NFT apocalypse. Doesn't mean that the dude can't be a dipshit

Look at the ape's hair style. It's clearly racist.