Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Bubble trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Lmao nothing will come ftom this

Congrats on buying into the political kayfabe

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Is the tower of london part of the household?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

keep punching joe posted:

Bubble trouble.

poo poo, wish I'd thought of converting my whole street into a household bubble

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

blunt posted:

poo poo, wish I'd thought of converting my whole street into a household bubble

My house is on the end of a terrace. I guess if I go up and smash through all the attic walls I can claim all 8 houses as my own 30-bedroom, 8 kitchen mansion.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's weirdly close to the excuse most people used. The amount of times I heard 'we were in a bubble' where each of those people just happened to be in several other bubbles at the same time. To a lot of people 'bubble' just meant people you'd agreed to continue seeing during lockdown.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
In one of the party pics there is white dust on a table.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I should bloody well hope so

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Is that door to 70 Whitehall the one that had the lock changed to keep Sir Humprhey out?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

My house is on the end of a terrace. I guess if I go up and smash through all the attic walls I can claim all 8 houses as my own 30-bedroom, 8 kitchen mansion.
You just have to get in and steal the magic bit of paper and then you own the house, as I understand it.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Didn't Johnson say Brexit would allow the UK to have its cake and eat it too?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I could almost buy "my staff and I work wedged in with each other 10 hours a day, of course I said gently caress it and had some cake with them, wouldn't you?" as a defense if that had been their first argument. And most of the country probably would have too.

Hopefully the constant lies and denials will drill into people's heads that the Tories fundamentally do not care about you, or the rules, or the media. They only care about what they can get away with.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/terryfuck45/status/1486111432416677893

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I remember my grandad used to sometimes ramble on about "real Britain" which was some kind of diametric opposite of "smug pricks in suits" so it's nice that someone managed to find a photo of the two.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I still haven't got mine done, it's still the chimney and nothing else, do I own next door or do they own mine?

I should probably get that sorted.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Noxville posted:

The report wouldn’t be being released at all if the findings were anything substantive

The point of all these reports and inquiries is to obfuscate and reduce consequences, its so tiring that everyone has to pretend they aren't every time

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Communist Thoughts posted:

The point of all these reports and inquiries is to obfuscate and reduce consequences, its so tiring that everyone has to pretend they aren't every time

That's the case for nearly every situation, but this time it's different: The Tory establishment themselves want Boris out, and he's not taking the hint. We're in unprecedented territory, as any other leader would have long since resigned.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

fuctifino posted:

That's the case for nearly every situation, but this time it's different: The Tory establishment themselves want Boris out, and he's not taking the hint. We're in unprecedented territory, as any other leader would have long since resigned.

If they're relying on decorum and unwritten rules and precedent to get him out, I got some bad news based on the last few years.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Shyrka posted:

If they're relying on decorum and unwritten rules and precedent to get him out, I got some bad news based on the last few years.

I'm half expecting him to 'die from a heart attack whilst jogging'....

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Devastating news for the nation as the prime minister was found in the wreckage of a Mercedes in a tunnel under the Thames. Police are looking for the driver of a white pedo andrew that was seen on security cameras close to the scene.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I suppose he could accidentally zip himself into a holdall while eating an orange and wearing suspenders with some sort of slipknot round his neck? Preferably while on a walk in the woods.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Speaking of things nothing will come from, I did quite enjoy Hislop telling the select committee tories to gently caress off repeatedly. Also their reasoning really does goce a fascinating view into just how hosed the whole system is and how they just don't see taking gifts as corruption in any way. "but i gave the tickets tp my staffer... What was i supposed to do???"

https://youtu.be/a3O8mwDFo4M

I don't generally like him because when i was a melty liberal young adult I thought he was loving hilarious and amazing... Yeah... Not so happy with young me.
I do honestly think most people vote Conservative have no loving clue how disassociated they are from reality and how little of a poo poo they give about anyone. Like... 10 seconds listening to them ooze around the room and waffle on about poo poo the way they do makes my blood loving boil.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 26, 2022

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Is it Sue Gray Day?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Kill them in numbers not even the Luftwaffe could achieve?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Is it Sue Gray Day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmBA7e-G21Q

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Mebh posted:

Speaking of things nothing will come from, I did quite enjoy Hislop telling the select committee tories to gently caress off repeatedly. Also their reasoning really does goce a fascinating view into just how hosed the whole system is and how they just don't see taking gifts as corruption in any way. "but i gave the tickets tp my staffer... What was i supposed to do???"

https://youtu.be/a3O8mwDFo4M

I don't generally like him because when i was a melty liberal young adult I thought he was loving hilarious and amazing... Yeah... Not so happy with young me.
I do honestly think most people vote Conservative have no loving clue how disassociated they are from reality and how little of a poo poo they give about anyone. Like... 10 seconds listening to them ooze around the room and waffle on about poo poo the way they do makes my blood loving boil.

Wow, Alberto Costa might be the slimiest real life person I've ever seen. Just obsequious and oily and ugh.. Gives me the creeps.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Boris will continue his life of hedonism, while the Report of Sue Gray fades into old age.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
This is like Britain's Mueller report, have the libs started a podcast about it yet?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

This is like Britain's Mueller report, have the libs started a podcast about it yet?

It's a pity we're in an international break otherwise I could dust off that old "Go Robert Mueller And The Rule of Law!" tweet.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1486270079385972736

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Eh, say what you will about how inane the particular issue they picked is but the British press know how to destroy someone properly. If you chase after every scandal like a puppy or they just distract from each other, you pick one and explore every avenue in excruciating detail and never let it die.

The Republicans are very good at that in the US, the Democrats don't get it.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Now im not in a place to criticise as my fingers are just two halves of a huntsman spider mounted on the ends of my hands, but I'm pretty sure your ring finger shouldn't look like a sausage that's about to get pinched off.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/johnestevens/status/1486233373504942083

e: I guess it's because the Sky interview didn't go too well

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1486256173183610883

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Sky was after the GMB no-show.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Do any work-from-home goons have good chair recommendations? Been meaning to get a new chair for ages since WfH has become permanent and since trialing a desk yesterday my neck is hurting from craning up to look at the screen whenever I’m in seated mode, so it’s suddenly annoyingly urgent ☹️

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TACD posted:

Do any work-from-home goons have good chair recommendations? Been meaning to get a new chair for ages since WfH has become permanent and since trialing a desk yesterday my neck is hurting from craning up to look at the screen whenever I’m in seated mode, so it’s suddenly annoyingly urgent ☹️

The Markus from Ikea is about as good as you can get without going up into Herman Miller price ranges. However you should carefully interrogate your company about this because *technically* they're supposed to supply you with a chair, desk, and other ergonomic apparatus that abide by the relevant standards, so you might be able to score yourself a nice Aeron or something.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
If you have the budget for it https://www.2ndhnd.com/ is excellent for good-as-new refurbs of proper office chairs like Steelcase or Herman Miller. I bought a Steelcase Leap off them about 6 years ago and couldn't tell it wasn't factory new, and it's still great now. Still loolking at £350+ from them though.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The Markus from Ikea is about as good as you can get without going up into Herman Miller price ranges. However you should carefully interrogate your company about this because *technically* they're supposed to supply you with a chair, desk, and other ergonomic apparatus that abide by the relevant standards, so you might be able to score yourself a nice Aeron or something.

Honestly after having a Markus for a couple of years I can't recommend it. It's not adjustable enough and whatever position I put it in I just end up slouching again.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

peanut- posted:

If you have the budget for it https://www.2ndhnd.com/ is excellent for good-as-new refurbs of proper office chairs like Steelcase or Herman Miller. I bought a Steelcase Leap off them about 6 years ago and couldn't tell it wasn't factory new, and it's still great now. Still loolking at £350+ from them though.

I was about to post more or less exactly this, got a Leap here too.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Blimey, if they can afford to buy you one of those, ask for more money instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm currently chatting with a Danish friend, and she's told me that 'Party' in Danish is 'Fester', and so they are now starting to call Boris 'Uncle Fester'. It's quite apt.