Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Kwolok posted:

It might be stupid but have been enjoying detective tapps perks. They probably aren't meta but they are fun! Plus plunderers is just a good time to get items in match and not stress about losing things.

Stake Out is my favorite perk, especially combined with Fast Track, so much so that I made a meme.

When the killer's nearby, but not chasing you!
When the other survivors are getting hooked!

Pair with the medkit addons that give extra progression bonus for hitting Great skill checks for BIG stonks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Code "VK130UP" for 150 000 free blood points.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I don't play DBD anymore but lol.

https://twitter.com/DOWSEYtv/status/1486061013036408834?cxt=HHwWhIC9ycWnxp8pAAAA

The only thing that would bring me back is new management at this point. Also nurse is now bugged apparently and her 2nd blink doesn't work as normal so she gets less range. Wonder if it'll take another few years to fix that.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Red Mundus posted:

https://twitter.com/DOWSEYtv/status/1486061013036408834?cxt=HHwWhIC9ycWnxp8pAAAA

The only thing that would bring me back is new management at this point. Also nurse is now bugged apparently and her 2nd blink doesn't work as normal so she gets less range. Wonder if it'll take another few years to fix that.

I tried it and the difference didn't seem too noticeable. Honestly at first I thought it was a well-deserved balance change because it forces the Nurse player to be better at mindgaming but I guess it was just the devs loving up again!!!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

:aloom:

Saying that the developer said something patently untrue is not "targeting the developer." Dowsey wasn't even vitriolic about it by the standards of some people's reactions to Patrick's statements. What a bunch of children.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Minorkos posted:

I tried it and the difference didn't seem too noticeable. Honestly at first I thought it was a well-deserved balance change because it forces the Nurse player to be better at mindgaming but I guess it was just the devs loving up again!!!

I did one match in RCPD with Nurse and I couldn't blink accurately to save my life. Now, that's not unusual, RCPD has always been a bitch to properly aim especially going up or down a floor, but it definitely didn't seem easier.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Before you quote us from now on, you must first thank Lord Cote for your daily bread and bow your head.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Hey look they made an event!

Dead By Daylights posted:

EXCLUSIVE ITEMS & OFFERINGS
For the duration of Lurking Stripes, you’ll find new limited-time Survivor items in the Bloodweb: The Lunar Firecracker and the Lunar Toolbox. There’s also a mysterious new Offering, the Red Envelope, usable by both Killers and Survivor.

THE RED ENVELOPE
Players might have noticed that our events bring a new gameplay experience into the fold. In the case of Lurking Stripes, the main objective centres around the Red Envelope, an offering available in the Bloodweb for a limited time.

HOW TO USE:

Upon burning a Red Envelope Offering, a Red Envelope viewable to all players will spawn in the Trial. For players who burn Red Envelopes, the aura of their respective Envelopes will be visible to them.
The owner can interact with Envelope it to reveal it. Upon doing so, a sound effect will be heard throughout the trial and the Envelope’s aura will be revealed to all players.
An Envelope can be opened and claimed by another player. When claimed, both that player and the Envelope’s owner receive a surprise Bloodpoint reward, with the owner also receiving a Lunar Event cosmetic.
Be sure to bring plenty of Red Envelopes to increase your chances of unlocking two charms and all eight cosmetic rewards.

LUNAR GEAR
As fellow gamers, we know and love the thrill of unlockable gear. The Lurking Stripes Event has you covered, with earnable cosmetic rewards for David King, Jane Romero, Kate Denson, The Trapper, The Clown, The Nurse, and The Artist. All you must do is participate in the Red Envelope gameplay detailed above, and soon enough your wardrobe will be brimming with splendid attire.

https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/LunarEvent

I've done a few of these this evening. They're kinda fun. Be sure to equip one as an offering every game. Rush out to expose your red envelope early in the game and someone else will almost certainly open it and give you some bloodpoints or a costume item or something. Red envelopes spawn cheaply in the bloodweb for Killers and Survivors. So far at least half of the players are using red envelopes as offerings.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i just started DBD today, and cant find a single game. not sure if its because its patch day and the servers are hosed or something else. should be able to find someone with 40k+ players online...

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
They just put out a patch that required a complete redownload of the client. Also, the Survivor queue is always long in this game. Between the two, that might explain your loading woes.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Lonjon posted:

I've done a few of these this evening. They're kinda fun. Be sure to equip one as an offering every game. Rush out to expose your red envelope early in the game and someone else will almost certainly open it and give you some bloodpoints or a costume item or something. Red envelopes spawn cheaply in the bloodweb for Killers and Survivors. So far at least half of the players are using red envelopes as offerings.

I had a fuckload of red envelopes left over from last year, so I'm using them on up.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Really torn on playing Pinhead now that he has voice lines. Chatterer was great on launch but now I just want to hear Doug Bradley say the lines.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Red Mundus posted:

gently caress these piss hounds.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
It really is wild to me that a game like DBD can have both the kindred perk and SWF.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kwolok posted:

It really is wild to me that a game like DBD can have both the kindred perk and SWF.

Old Object of Obsession and SWF lol

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.tiktok.com/@actuallypots/video/7057362517441416494'

edit:
DMS buff is nice but not game changing
Toggle is good
Wiggle is good
Event is good

temple fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 26, 2022

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It bums me out that teabagging is BM in this game. It's been my universal indicator for "I am a goofy boi" since Half Life and when I do it reflexively, I feel terrible

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lonjon posted:

So, it looks like this is yet another event that brings nothing new that's specifically for killers? At least this time they get to play with envelopes too, and the event isn't bringing a new mechanic that benefit survivors exclusively.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

It bums me out that teabagging is BM in this game. It's been my universal indicator for "I am a goofy boi" since Half Life and when I do it reflexively, I feel terrible

Slower squatting (like two in a second) is often used as hello, thank you, I'm a goofy boy, etc. Rapid squatting like a machine gun is the "I'm a toxic rear end in a top hat" tbag.

Of course not everyone has gotten that memo so use at your peril.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

rydiafan posted:

Slower squatting (like two in a second) is often used as hello, thank you, I'm a goofy boy, etc. Rapid squatting like a machine gun is the "I'm a toxic rear end in a top hat" tbag.

Of course not everyone has gotten that memo so use at your peril.

If they just added literally a thumbs up emote or something like that it wouldn't be an issue.

Jolly Guy
Sep 24, 2011

Comfortador posted:

If they just added literally a thumbs up emote or something like that it wouldn't be an issue.

Survivor stuns killer with pallet, turns around and does a thumbs up. Everything is toxic if you try!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I mean if they were interested in stopping toxic asshattery they'd adjust the endgame so you can't stay in the finish zone for two minutes demanding a tributary rear end dance in exchange for letting the game end. They aren't

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Jolly Guy posted:

Survivor stuns killer with pallet, turns around and does a thumbs up. Everything is toxic if you try!

Ugh you're right. God human beings are terrible. Literally everything can be abused to be an asshat.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Comfortador posted:

There's a mobile game, Clash Royale. The devs set out to make a game where you couldn't be toxic by removing text chat and allowing you to only communicate through emotes.

So the assholes now spam the laughing emote as fast as their chubby fingers allow them to when ever their opponent messes up or they do well.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Just cut to the chase and have all emotes be slurs.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
At least getting thumbs upped at would actually be funny

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Speaking of, wow but survivors get real dumb when Ghostface is the killer. Had a game where they were slamming gens so fast they probably could have beaten me, then they all decided they were more interested in never letting me have stealth up than finishing the game. So I changed course and manually stabbed them all in the face while they were running at me dancing, 4K

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I had a ghostface last night that camped the hooks and exposed anyone that came to rescue.

calbruc
Nov 15, 2007
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
I was Ghostin' yesterday and grabbing poor newbie survivors off of gens. I also got to rank 1 killer before the last reset, so I have no idea why I'm being paired with these adorable babies.

There was on survivor who clearly had no idea what being exposed meant, so I let her live and led her to the hatch... which she was too afraid of to approach. Had to down her near, and run off around a corner and do the crouch-lean before she finally crawled her way to freedom. :angel:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

temple posted:

I had a ghostface last night that camped the hooks and exposed anyone that came to rescue.

Do gens, you are guaranteed an escape. It's lovely to be the one hooked but that's take the best response

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Camping hooks as Ghostface isn't even practical, since the person on the hook can pop your stealth. All they have to do is spin their camera onto you

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
As a survivor do I get a notification when a killer hex is in play?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Kwolok posted:

As a survivor do I get a notification when a killer hex is in play?

If your behavior interacts with the hex in some way. But it depends. I dont know about blood favor or crowd control. Those are readily apparent anyway.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yes but the hex has to be affecting you. Like Ruin isn't counted as "on" until it's regressing a gen you worked, then you have a notification. NOED isn't considered on until someone is downed by it.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

DeathChicken posted:

Yes but the hex has to be affecting you. Like Ruin isn't counted as "on" until it's regressing a gen you worked, then you have a notification. NOED isn't considered on until someone is downed by it.

I thought no Ed started as soon as gens were done...

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Kwolok posted:

I thought no Ed started as soon as gens were done...
It does but it isn't revealed to survivors until someone is affected by it.

DeathChicken posted:

Camping hooks as Ghostface isn't even practical, since the person on the hook can pop your stealth. All they have to do is spin their camera onto you
It was Mother's Dwelling and he was hooking people outside the main building and peeking through windows like a nerd. He couldn't capitalize on it with me but I quit caring.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

calbruc posted:

I was Ghostin' yesterday and grabbing poor newbie survivors off of gens. I also got to rank 1 killer before the last reset, so I have no idea why I'm being paired with these adorable babies.

There was on survivor who clearly had no idea what being exposed meant, so I let her live and led her to the hatch... which she was too afraid of to approach. Had to down her near, and run off around a corner and do the crouch-lean before she finally crawled her way to freedom. :angel:

you can also just pick them up and dump their rear end into the hatch.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

temple posted:

NOED gets a lot of hate, some deserved and some undeserved, but I think it would be 1000% fairer if it notified you as soon as the gens were done. The "gotcha" moment is stupid.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

rydiafan posted:

NOED gets a lot of hate, some deserved and some undeserved, but I think it would be 1000% fairer if it notified you as soon as the gens were done. The "gotcha" moment is stupid.

Counterpoint: the gotcha is often hilarious and occasionally makes cocky SWFs poo poo their pants and straight up abandon their unlucky buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

temple posted:

It was Mother's Dwelling and he was hooking people outside the main building and peeking through windows like a nerd. He couldn't capitalize on it with me but I quit caring.

Maybe he had a daily for Ghostface? I've had one pop up about marking survivors before, and I'll sometimes just try to do that to the exclusion of all else in a game.